Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) (2325 Views)

President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest / President Ghani Fled Afghanistan With 4 Vehicles, Helicopter Full Of U.S. Dollar / King Of Swaziland Renames Country Eswatini To Stop Being Confused With Swzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:17am On Jun 29, 2021
King Mswati III of the Kingdom of Eswatini formerly known as Swaziland has allegedly fled the kingdom amidst pro-democracy protests that have spiraled out of control.

Protesters angered by economic decline have become increasingly vocal in demanding political reform. Swazis are demanding an elected Prime Minister under a Constitutional Monarch and freedom of speech amongst other things.

Swazis have been on the streets protesting about police brutality since the death of Thabani Nkomonye earlier in June. The 25-year-old was a final year law student at the University of Eswatini and was allegedly killed by police who also allegedly tried to hide his death and tamper with evidence.

The kingdom is one of the world’s last remaining absolute monarchies and is ruled by King Mswati III who was crowned in 1986 at the age of 18, succeeding his long-serving father King Sobhuza II, who died at the age of 82. He reportedly rules by decree and has been criticised for the heavy-handed treatment of opponents and for requesting public money to pay for new palaces and luxury cars.

eSwatini on fire, King against democratic reforms

According to Swaziland News, Eswatini is facing growing calls for democratic reforms, citizens in the rural areas petitioned the King’s Government through their MPs, demanding democratic reforms.

The country is ruled by King Mswati as an absolute Monarch, political parties are banned from participating in elections, the King appoints the Prime Minister, Ministers, Judges, a majority of Senators and all members of the various Governing Councils.

The publication also reported that King Mswati has issued a decree stopping the delivery of petitions across the the country as pro-democracy protests intensify spreading rapidly to the rural areas.

The decree was announced on Thursday (24 June) by Acting Prime Minister Themba Masuku who currently holds Executive powers on behalf of the King. The decree came about 48hours ahead of a petition delivery at Siphofaneni Inkhundla whose Member of Parliament Mduduzi ‘Magawugawu’ Simelane is facing persecution and intimidation from government for calling for democratic reforms.

Thousands of citizens across the country marched to their various Constituencies to deliver petitions demanding democratic reforms including an elected Prime Minister, the King’s Government through the Acting Prime Minister said the protests have been hijacked by elements seeking to influence regime change.

1 Like

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by LordIsaac(m): 5:19am On Jun 29, 2021
Class consciousness? grin
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by FakeUnity: 5:19am On Jun 29, 2021
Boohary can accomodate his anti-democratic assz, they are both birds of the same feather. grin
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:24am On Jun 29, 2021

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by neonly: 5:25am On Jun 29, 2021
And nigerian could not do theirs by kicking d vegetable out of power

3 Likes

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by Nobody: 5:36am On Jun 29, 2021
UK youths need to rise to the stage and follow this steps.

The grip of the royal family must be broken.

1 Like

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by BlowYourMind: 5:39am On Jun 29, 2021
Good.
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by Yankee101: 5:40am On Jun 29, 2021
Wait till they catch him

Thieves

1 Like

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by Kzinne: 5:41am On Jun 29, 2021
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by Sunnybay7: 5:41am On Jun 29, 2021
He is a well-known polygamist with at least 15 wives and 23 children. He was selected to be the next King at the age of 14 and he was crowned King shortly after his 18th birthday in 1986.

In 2019, the country was rocked by a series of strikes by civil servants who accused the monarch of draining public coffers at the expense of his subjects.
There you have it, he seems to be only concerned with women and money.

1 Like

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by triple996(m): 5:44am On Jun 29, 2021
4 those people mentioning buhari?
Pele wooo tongue
Bt buhari remains ur president kiss
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:49am On Jun 29, 2021
Sunnybay7:

There you have it, he seems to be only concerned with women and money.

Yep. Two years ago he bought 120 BMWs and 19 Rolls Royces for his family angry

2 Likes

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by b3llo(m): 5:52am On Jun 29, 2021
Yam eater
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:59am On Jun 29, 2021

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by GraceofGod1: 6:04am On Jun 29, 2021
Why would a king act in such manner?
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:09am On Jun 29, 2021
GraceofGod1:
Why would a king act in such manner?

Clearly has no respect or love for his people.
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by GraceofGod1: 6:13am On Jun 29, 2021
TMKsouth:

Clearly has no respect or love for his people.

That's a thing of the absurd honestly.
It pretty looks like he was chosen by the people and not by their ancestors, my view though.
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:19am On Jun 29, 2021
GraceofGod1:

That's a thing of the absurd honestly.
It pretty looks like he was chosen by the people and not by their ancestors, my view though.

His father Sobhuza had 70 wives and 210 children, so it runs in the family. The people of eSwatini want to elect their own leaders but the monarchy won't allow it. So you're right - those around the king including the military are the ones keeping him in power instead of the people.
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by donbachi(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2021
King of Queens.

1 Like

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by xpressionx(m): 6:47am On Jun 29, 2021
I once read about how this king seized a fine girl from school and turned her into his wife.
This absolute monarchy in this modern times is not good.

2 Likes

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by Nbotee(m): 7:05am On Jun 29, 2021
All the useless King knows how to do is marry new wives and organize virginity dances and congests

2 Likes

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by Iceyjayz: 7:12am On Jun 29, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]King Mswati III of the Kingdom of Eswatini formerly known as Swaziland has allegedly fled the kingdom amidst pro-democracy protests that have spiraled out of control.

Protesters angered by economic decline have become increasingly vocal in demanding political reform. Swazis are demanding an elected Prime Minister under a Constitutional Monarch and freedom of speech amongst other things.

Swazis have been on the streets protesting about police brutality since the death of Thabani Nkomonye earlier in June. The 25-year-old was a final year law student at the University of Eswatini and was allegedly killed by police who also allegedly tried to hide his death and tamper with evidence.

The kingdom is one of the world’s last remaining absolute monarchies and is ruled by King Mswati III who was crowned in 1986 at the age of 18, succeeding his long-serving father King Sobhuza II, who died at the age of 82. He reportedly rules by decree and has been criticised for the heavy-handed treatment of opponents and for requesting public money to pay for new palaces and luxury cars.

eSwatini on fire, King against democratic reforms

According to Swaziland News, Eswatini is facing growing calls for democratic reforms, citizens in the rural areas petitioned the King’s Government through their MPs, demanding democratic reforms.

The country is ruled by King Mswati as an absolute Monarch, political parties are banned from participating in elections, the King appoints the Prime Minister, Ministers, Judges, a majority of Senators and all members of the various Governing Councils.

The publication also reported that King Mswati has issued a decree stopping the delivery of petitions across the the country as pro-democracy protests intensify spreading rapidly to the rural areas.

The decree was announced on Thursday (24 June) by Acting Prime Minister Themba Masuku who currently holds Executive powers on behalf of the King. The decree came about 48hours ahead of a petition delivery at Siphofaneni Inkhundla whose Member of Parliament Mduduzi ‘Magawugawu’ Simelane is facing persecution and intimidation from government for calling for democratic reforms.

Thousands of citizens across the country marched to their various Constituencies to deliver petitions demanding democratic reforms including an elected Prime Minister, the King’s Government through the Acting Prime Minister said the protests have been hijacked by elements seeking to influence regime change.[/s]

We are not interested

1 Like

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by Iceyjayz: 7:13am On Jun 29, 2021
xpressionx:
I once read about how this king seized a fine girl from school and turned her into his wife.
This absolute monarchy in this modern times is not good.
Imagine such nonsense? isn't the man worse than a he-goat?
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by Ejebleje: 7:24am On Jun 29, 2021
If they don't crush the monarchy, he will definitely crush them whenever he returns

1 Like

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:25am On Jun 29, 2021
Iceyjayz:
Imagine such nonsense? isn't the man worse than a he-goat?

Choose one:
A. I declare that I Spiceygayz am schizophrenic,
B. I declare that I Spiceygayz am bipolar.

Didn't u just say u weren't interested? undecided but here u are offering dumb comments grin
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by Iceyjayz: 7:36am On Jun 29, 2021
TMKsouth:

Choose one:
A. I declare that I Spiceygayz am schizophrenic,
B. I declare that I Spiceygayz am bipolar.

Didn't u just say u weren't interested? undecided but here u are offering dumb comments grin
TMKgay! only a gay nigga will identify a gay, where's your beech ironglaxy? I thought he said you were jailed for doing drugs? then why are you still here and with a phone? get a life TMKgay grin

1 Like

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by illicit(m): 7:38am On Jun 29, 2021
Does he ever wear clothes

1 Like

Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:51am On Jun 29, 2021
Iceyjayz:
TMKgay! only a gay nigga will identify a gay, where's your beech ironglaxy? I thought he said you were jailed for doing drugs? then why are you still here and with a phone? get a life TMKgay grin

Didn't they teach u bout rhyming at Boko Haram Boarding School for the Mentally Infirm?
How does TMKsouth rhyme with TMKgay
I laugh in Xhosa - what a national embarrassment.

When did BH release u from Sambisa or u still there
I thought Western technology was haram - what u messaging me from? U must be turning trickz Spiceygayz, giving a bit of head to Shekau so u can fight South African e-wars on Nairaland. Misplaced priorities if u asked me grin grin grin
Re: King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:53am On Jun 29, 2021
illicit:
Does he ever wear clothes

Lol grin, he wears upper cloth and lower cloth. I think 2 cloths constitute "clothes". Or did u mean suits?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes / KKK Leader Is Dead ☠️ / American Lady Flushed Her MAGA Cap But We See Lots Of intimacy gadgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.