Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget (21265 Views)

Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) / As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by pocohantas(f): 8:52am On Jun 29, 2021
I laughed out loud when I saw this, but it is so true. In the past, you could accurately write a grocery list for someone, give the exact amount and they will come back with those items. It is not like that anymore. Now you go with how much you have and work with the trend. grin

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Fahdiga1: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2021
Exactly. Things have gotten out of hand. You don't even know what to expect when going to the market. Nigerians have never had it this bad

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Iceyjayz: 9:03am On Jun 29, 2021
pocohantas:
I laughed out loud when I saw this, but it is so true. In the past, you could accurately write a grocery list for someone, give the exact amount and they will come back with those items. It is not like that anymore. Now you go with how much you have and work with the trend. grin
Buhari government have totally destroyed NIGERIAN economics to smithereens

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by PlayMaker14: 9:05am On Jun 29, 2021
Back then when my Sister was going to the market, my mom will prepare a lengthy list of things to buy from the market. When you see the list, you won't be able to differentiate it from the National Budget and my little sister is always equipped with 2 big Bagco Super Sack.

The last time my sister asked for list from our reliable budget planner, she got a very brutal reply;

“Use your head calculate wetin you go buy, you nor be small pikin again”

I don't blame her though, the harsh economy is telling on everyone, no thanks to Baba lifeless.

259 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Kondomatic(m): 9:25am On Jun 29, 2021
When earning vs when spending.

Earning: N1000 + N10 = N1010
Spending: N1000 - N10 = N72

Each time I come back from the market these days I will have to sit down and calculate everything I bought over and over again just to be sure pickpockets didn't steal my money.

261 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Donaluta(m): 9:33am On Jun 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Back then when my Sister was going to the market, my mom will prepare a lengthy list of things to buy from the market. When you see the list, you won't be able to differentiate it from the National Budget and my little sister is always equipped with 2 big Bagco Super Sack.

The last time my sister asked for list from our reliable budget planner, she got a very brutal reply;

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lol that bolded got me laughing hard.. see as them dey look me like say I done mad
“Use your head calculate wetin you go buy, you nor be small pikin again”

I don't blame her though, the harsh economy is telling on everyone, no thanks to Baba lifeless.

9 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by ChemicalReaction(f): 9:40am On Jun 29, 2021
In the past one could conveniently ask others to help one make purchases, but in recent times, You just have to go yourself, else the person returns your money and list.

Goshh.

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Martini101(m): 9:42am On Jun 29, 2021
Remainder two years.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by mariahAngel(f): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2021
No be lie o!

Few days ago, me and my sister were making a list of things to buy, and what we did was we added extra amount to the prices compared to what we bought them last month o...to avoid any surprises and shortage on budget
And true true, most of the things add money...if not all.
Spaghetti wey we buy #250 per pack last time, we just put #300 per pack for budget, thankfully, we come buy them at #270 per pack.

Only God knows where this country is headed o!

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by mariahAngel(f): 10:29am On Jun 29, 2021
Martini101:
Remainder two years.

Guy! Two years still far o!
See how prices dey increase on a daily basis... It's scary.
For this Buhari era, no cheap food again o.
Even fish don dey compete with chicken. In fact, fish is the new chicken. grin

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Ishilove: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2021
Kondomatic:

Each time I come back from the market these days I will have to sit down and calculate everything I bought over and over again just to be sure pickpockets didn't steal my money.
My brother I entered market with the intention of spending 4 or 5k max. I ended up spending 9k. When I got home, I arranged what I bought on the bed and wondered if they had cheated me.

How long can we continue like this? Skyrocketing inflation without a corresponding increase in income means more people are being pushed over the poverty line. How long??

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Juliusmomoh: 10:53am On Jun 29, 2021
But the good news is that, we in the village are somehow safe when it come to food. Cos if i enter my cassava farm now na me go tire. cheesy . Even my maize sef is due to harvest... Only some minor things are hard. We don even forget school long ago.... NOTE: if you want to be rich now don't go to school.... U can insult me. Acepted

40 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Kondomatic(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ishilove:

My brother I entered market with the intention of spending 4 or 5k max. I ended up spending 9k. When I got home, I arranged what I bought on the bed and wondered if they had cheated me.

How long can we continue like this? Skyrocketing inflation without a corresponding increase in income means more people are being pushed over the poverty line. How long??
I honestly don't know how long we can endure because things are already out of hands.

The rate of robbery this side is crazy, homes, shops even churches are being burgled on a daily basis.

It's worrisome

21 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by descarado: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
But the good news is that, we in the village are somehow safe when it come to food. Cos if i enter my cassava farm now na me go tire. cheesy . Even my maize sef is due to harvest... Only some minor things are hard. We don even forget school long ago.... NOTE: if you want to be rich now don't go to school.... U can insult me. Acepted

Is that supposed to be a good news

We rejoice when others suffer as long as we are not affected.
Very warped and myopic mentality that majority of us Nigerians are guilty of.

See as he is gloating cos he has farm.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by nnekaike(f): 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kondomatic:

it's getting out of hand,I went to the market yesterday with 6k,one polybag did not full o I started searching my trouser whether the pocket is torn and I lost money,right there in the market I calculated everything including water I bought and I lost nothing.

God will help us AMEN.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Kondomatic(m): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2021
nnekaike:
it's getting out of hand,I went to the market yesterday with 6k,one polybag did not full o I started searching my trouser whether the pocket is torn and I lost money,right there in the market I calculated everything including water I bought and I lost nothing.

God will help us AMEN.
I am not sure God is interested in Nigeria.

35 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by nnekaike(f): 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kondomatic:
I am not sure God is interested in Nigeria.
grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by juniorstar(m): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hoplandia wey be 500.....now 750
Crate of egg wey be 1000...now 1800
Tin tomato wey be 70naira.......now..150
Sardine we be 250...........now ........500
Five alive puppy wey be 350.......now 500
Beans wet I dey buy 700........now 1200
Fish wey I dey buy ...500.........now 850
Spaghetti wet I dey buy..200........now 300
Know maggi wey i dey buy 500......now 800

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by cassidy1996(m): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2021
hmmm....
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Elsueno: 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
cry

Even indomie don costs, early this year I got several cartons for less than 2k, Last week, even for the mega dealer place na 2.4k.

Only thing dat didn't increase in price is Air

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by 1F30M4(f): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
Writing grocery list, cutting back on a lot just so you can at the very least survive but then getting to the market and still have to reluctantly forgo more stuff cos you've expended your budget + gbese.. O ti su mi gan

If 2021 is like this, I do not want to imagine how 2022 will be afi olorun yo wa.

24 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Darkseid(m): 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
mariahAngel:
No be lie o!

Few days ago, me and my sister were making a list of things to buy, and what we did was we added extra amount to the prices compared to what we bought them last month o...to avoid any surprises and shortage on budget
And true true, most of the things add money...if not all.
Spaghetti wey we buy #250 per pack last time, we just put #300 per pack for budget, thankfully, we come buy them at #270 per pack.

Only God knows where this country is headed o!

This is exactly what I do these days. If change remain good, at least I won't be disappointed. I just pity salary earners, and some states are still failing to pay 18k per month.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by MummyGreat: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
pocohantas:
BENUE YAMS AVAILABLE ����

Looking for Natural Sweetness and Satisfaction in your Yam Tubers Benue Yams is the best bet ��

Available in different sizes
We sell in 5s and 10s

Location..Asaba 07068444039
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Juliusmomoh: 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
descarado:

Is that supposed to be a good news
We rejoice when others suffer as long as we are not affected. Very warped and myopic mentality that majority of us Nigerians are guilty of.
See as he is gloating cos he has farm.
No be me cause make u no farm o...

8 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Omawumi17(f): 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2021
I cant even remeber the last time i went to the market to stock food. Na unit i dey buy 4 mama oma shop. Wetin man go do now... I wanted to eat spaghetti, and i spent up to 600 without protein o. Who ll adopt me 4 here?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by cococandy(f): 8:28am On Jun 30, 2021
Martini101:
Remainder two years.

What’s the guarantee that things will change after the remaining two years? In my experience, once prices increase in Nigeria, they hardly ever come back down. Traders get used to selling at that high price such that even when they buy cheaper, they still want to sell at the higher price. People just adjust to the new prices and carry on

We truly have horrible leaders but we are primarily our own problem.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 30, 2021
Real Grace of God.

Ordinary to make spaghetti last night, I spent 1500. And this is just a meal for one. Note, i had spaghetti at home and a few condiments.

This morning, I wanted to create a thread and ask how one can manage or go about spending so little for a meal. It's just crazy.

Today now, I want to make soup, my mind dey cut hahahahaaaa...

By Grace of God I must cook soup today. Lol.. this is not funny though.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 30, 2021
Kondomatic:

Lol.. oga, na you pick your pocket by yourself. Biko.

Seriously this is getting out of hand.

6 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by iamyemiakins(m): 11:58am On Jun 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Wetin dem dey talk, wetin you dey talk

Inflation is affecting everyone now, ain't nobody left behind!

9 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by sotall(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
Another Buhari's achievement

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Dpharisee: 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
See what Nnamdi Kanu has caused, so much hunger in the land.
I support Arewa Youths, he should be dealt with severely for making bandits and herdsmen take over farmlands and preventing farmers from going to their farms tongue

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Times Are Really Hard For Most People / Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) / Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.