Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget (21271 Views)

Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) / As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by cooltola(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2021
If you think Buhari cares or those in power cares about what is going in Nigeria , you are sadly mistaken. There are two type of Nigeria- the rich Nigeria where everything works for them, they are worshiped by the masses, they are usually in power and have money - They have their way and so forth, they cannot relate and see why many Nigerians are struggling . They do not see anything wrong with Nigeria because Nigeria is paradise to them and the 2nd Nigeria which is the real Nigeria. Until one realize this , then you will understand why Nigeria is Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by cococandy(f): 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
SmartPolician:

This is FALSE

Traders sell exactly how much they bought. It goes up and comes down. Perhaps if your useless president will call his people to order, the prices of food items will drop.

For over two years now, the woman I normally buy yams from has been complaining that those they buy yams from cannot even go to their farms anymore due to herders that are destroying their farms and raping them.
in my experience that hasn’t been the case. In fact some traders will hike the price of items they bought prior to the inflation just to make more profit. I sincerely hope I’m wrong and things will go back to lower prices

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by cococandy(f): 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
poiZon:

Once a sane leader comes in, his advisers may tell him to review the border closure on some items, food can come in from other countries till we can solve the insecurity bedeviling the country.
When there is enough food and commodity in the market, prices will fall.
Those who r supposed to be in the farm are in idp camps all because of fulani herdsmen.
The ones that r fortunate to be in the farm, have to pay the bandits landing fees before they can access their farms.
Lets just rejoice nnamdi kanu has been caught.
Nnamdi kanu is not Nigeria’s problem

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Juliusmomoh: 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

Guy u are doing well, keep it up. All u have to do is expand in other to commercialize it. Agric and IT is the main way
As for Nigerians we deserve the hardship, we really deserve it most especially northern people
Thank you sir
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Juliusmomoh: 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
lilvicky68:
Abeg where the maize farm dey?
E be like say u like maize o cheesy
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by poiZon: 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
cococandy:
Nnamdi kanu is not Nigeria’s problem
That was a sarcastic comment..
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by RepoMan007: 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2021
Elsueno:
cry

Even indomie don costs, early this year I got several cartons for less than 2k, Last week, even for the mega dealer place na 2.4k.

Only thing dat didn't increase in price is Air
No inflation in God's kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by cococandy(f): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2021
poiZon:

That was a sarcastic comment..
oh lol. Sorry
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Juliusmomoh: 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2021
ceeceeuwa:

Which farm? The one that herders have invaded... Or you mean to say your backyard garden
No backyard garden o.... Real farm.. Are you in kogi state ? Come to inachalo
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by lilvicky68(m): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

E be like say u like maize o cheesy
Make I follow you harvest am
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by phorget(m): 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
Thanks to Buhari and his blind supporters.
Buhari would be the last of his kind, Fulani will never rule this country again.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by InvertedHammer: 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
/
Nobody wan farm but everybody wan eat.

Farmers are smiling. Indomie cost. Indomie na food?

/
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by fortune1968: 6:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

Guy! Two years still far o!
See how prices dey increase on a daily basis... It's scary.
For this Buhari era, no cheap food again o.
Even fish don dey compete with chicken. In fact, fish is the new chicken. grin
una still dey talk of fish ? Me I just dey pray for okro and gari . Fish na extra o .

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by poiZon: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2021
cococandy:
oh lol. Sorry
Isoryt..
Have a hard budget week
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by fortune1968: 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
phorget:
Thanks to Buhari and his blind supporters.
Buhari would be the last of his kind, Fulani will never rule this country again.
Please , leave his supporters . I was one . We didn't know that a president can be this bad !

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Raychee(f): 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2021
That grace of God is needed. 3 square meals has turned into 1 square meal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Juliusmomoh: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
SmartPolician:

Education is good...you can combine your hustle and getting an education.
I personally know that education is good. I even wrote jamb last year sef. I was denied admission by ksu (kogi state uni) even though i merited their cut-off mark. I score 211 in jamb and 49.38 in post utme to study mass comm.... I no talk say education no good, but, to get rich easylly nowadays expecially our beloved nigeria, YOU NEED TO DROP THE MINDSET OF GOING TO SCHOOL. Well i don't think am gonna further my education yet. I have finish the 12 basic education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by IMASTEX: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
Kondomatic:
When earning vs when spending.

Earning: N1000 + N10 = N1010
Spending: N1000 - N10 = N72

Each time I come back from the market these days I will have to sit down and calculate everything I bought over and over again just to be sure pickpockets didn't steal my money.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Juliusmomoh: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
lilvicky68:
Make I follow you harvest am
Are you in kogi state ?
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by ADUKKY(f): 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
I was at Ile epo market yesterday and the pepper section was quite scanty. Even the few ones available were too expensive. To cap it, some sellers were out to cheat by padding the tomatoes and habanero buckets.
I almost left there without buying any pepper but I had to encourage myself knowing leaving without picking it means I will pay more at home.
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Sheuns(m): 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2021
I got a big surprise when I gave my younger bro 5k to buy ingredients for soup. Omo na just 1 whole chicken, some pepper and ponmo come back o, soup turn stew ni o. Imagine make person no fit buy better thing with 5k.

I no even talk, cos I’ve also bought stuff before, always above budget I planned. Country hard o. Just Dey wonder how people with lean purses Dey survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Fahdiga1: 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2021
aujile:
And we are busy celebrating the arrest of one man that didn't contribute to the level of hardship in this country...

That's stupidity

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by lilvicky68(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Are you in kogi state ?
No..
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by rhektor(m): 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2021
Was discussing this today with a friend then Orlando Owo song about how things are cost in the market was playing on the radio so I asked him if Nigeria was better in the past. My guy mute

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by MummyGreat: 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2021
[quote author=pocohantas post=103186092]I laughed out loud when I saw this, but it is so true. In the past, you could accurately write a grocery list for someone, give the exact amount and they will come back with those items. It is not like that anymore. Now you go with how much you have and work with the trend. grin[/quoteBENUE YAMS AVAILABLE ����

Looking for Natural Sweetness and Satisfaction in your Yam Tubers Benue Yams is the best bet ��

Available in different sizes
We sell in 5s and 10s

Location..Asaba DM 07068444039
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Ykc2(m): 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2021
Apc supporters a too lucky today they re buying food stuffs in Apc supermarkets all over nigeria ,I heard that what you can buy 10,000 naira in open market Apc stores sell the same thing to their supporters 5000 naira,

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Mayeldah(m): 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2021
Yet Nnamdi Kanu is Fulanis and yoruba muslims' problem

food Inflation is hitting the roof

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Blackdisciple(m): 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2021
Wallahi...

Used to write down stuffs needed and prices , its been 3-4 years now no writings just go to that market like that.

Sai baba

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by ceeceeuwa: 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

No backyard garden o.... Real farm.. Are you in kogi state ? Come to inachalo
OK, I pray bountiful harvest for you! May those evil herders not know your abode. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by kenlolly75: 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2021
Kondomatic:
When earning vs when spending.

Earning: N1000 + N10 = N1010
Spending: N1000 - N10 = N72

Each time I come back from the market these days I will have to sit down and calculate everything I bought over and over again just to be sure pickpockets didn't steal my money.
So I am not the only one on this table.
Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by smeag0l(m): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
You just said my mind, cococandy. We may have bad leadership but a lot of the problem come from the ordinary Nigerian. You'll hardly find one that is honest in this country and when you talk people will see you as unconventional. If everything that causes inflation in this country is tackled by the government today, it will still not drive prices down as traders will want to cash in on this to reap off their fellow Nigerians who are barely living from hand to mouth
cococandy:

What’s the guarantee that things will change after the remaining two years? In my experience, once prices increase in Nigeria, they hardly ever come back down. Traders get used to selling at that high price such that even when they buy cheaper, they still want to sell at the higher price. People just adjust to the new prices and carry on

We truly have horrible leaders but we are primarily our own problem.

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget by Bahamas95(m): 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
Big catfish wey I dey buy for N500 last year na N900 now.....Na based on customer/student things nai make the mama sell two for me N1,600.

Nigeria don cast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Prevent Yam Discolouration / Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) / Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.