Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison (1302 Views)

Former South Africa leader Jacob Zuma barred from running in elections / Jacob Zuma Released After 15 Months Prison Term Ends (photos) / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by Legendrysailor(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2021
South Africa's former President Jacob Zuma has been sentenced to 15 months by the highest court in the country.

This came after the Constitutional Court found him guilty of contempt after defying the court's order to appear at an inquiry into corruption while he was president.

Mr Zuma's time in power, which ended in 2018, was dogged by graft allegations.

Businessmen were accused of conspiring with politicians to influence the decision-making process.

The former president made one appearance at the inquiry into what has become known as "state capture" but then refused to appear subsequently.

The inquiry - headed by Justice Raymond Zondo - asked the Constitutional Court to intervene.

It is not clear if Mr Zuma will now be arrested.

In a separate legal matter, Mr Zuma pleaded not guilty last month in his corruption trial involving a $5bn (£3bn) arms deal from the 1990s.

1 Like

Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by donbachi(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2021
Dis will happen in Nigeria..when she's merged with south Africa.

1 Like

Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by Fahdiga1: 10:23am On Jun 29, 2021
Can this happen in Nigeria?
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by nairalandankrah: 10:24am On Jun 29, 2021
Expect to see more of this in BIAFRA/ODUDUWA Republic when Actualised! those fearless generation of Igbo's/Yoruba's do not take nonsense!..

Lil wonder their polithiefcians are seriously fighting against it with every drop of their blood!
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by DDDEnterprises: 10:26am On Jun 29, 2021
donbachi:

Why will we be merged with SA?

Or i don't get you well??
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by triple996(m): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2021
If only easterners could do this to all their leaders eastern nigeria could have been a better place bt no na tinubu , buhari , Lagos and kaduna b their problem cool
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by donbachi(m): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2021
DDDEnterprises:

Why will we be merged with SA?

Or i don't get you well??
i don't need u to get me..i got myself.
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by Armyof1: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2021
Can this happen in Nigeria? Neve r
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by Tinubuadvocate: 10:32am On Jun 29, 2021
Jonathan supposed to be cooling in cell with his wife.
Fahdiga1:
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by Xscape1993(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2021
Can this ever happen in Nigeria? What a great country rule by unfortunate people!
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by Haakeem(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Impossible but i wish it could happen.
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by TMKsouth: 10:37am On Jun 29, 2021
Hopefully the first 15 months of 50 years. He's got many other corruption charges still sitting in various courts. He's guilty as hell.

Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by TMKsouth: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2021
donbachi:

Lol Don, more like when SA colonizes Nigeria or gets special administration over you guys like we did with Namibia grin
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by illicit(m): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2021
shocked
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by donbachi(m): 10:47am On Jun 29, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol Don, more like when SA colonizes Nigeria or gets special administration over you guys like we did with Namibia grin
Yeah!.but,thanks to the dutch.
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by TMKsouth: 10:49am On Jun 29, 2021
donbachi:
Yeah!.but,thanks to the dutch.

So what's this merger u talk of bro?
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by donbachi(m): 10:51am On Jun 29, 2021
TMKsouth:

So what's this merger u talk of bro?
figure of speech.
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by KRSWon: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2021
This is something every sane county does. But in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by TMKsouth: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2021
donbachi:
figure of speech.

Well, Nairalanders are coming for u for this comment. Brace yourself grin
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by donbachi(m): 11:03am On Jun 29, 2021
TMKsouth:

Well, Nairalanders are coming for u for this comment. Brace yourself grin
Did i lie?i Did not oo.
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by Fahdiga1: 11:06am On Jun 29, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Jonathan supposed to be cooling in cell with his wife.
And Tinubu will be walking free abi
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by Ejebleje: 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2021
His powerful Indian south African co-thieves will make sure he doesnt smell a jail cell
Re: Former South African President Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison by Joziboi: 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
hahahahahaha yeaaaaah!!!

(1) (Reply)

Check The Smallest Country In The World Where Citizenship Not By Birth / For Africa To Progress, We Must Let Go Of The Berlin Maps. / Why Are We Not Seeing The Russian Side Of The War(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.