Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? (24900 Views)

How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? / Decagon Institute Reschedule Interview Date / Elite Decagon Software Developer Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2021
grin grin
Decagon na scam.confirm try pentagon
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by shegzhkn: 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Iretii0511:

Why do you think majority of those that go through HNG can’t see it to the end. Don’t let anybody deceive you, HNG is not for novice dev, it’s for junior dev. Forget about what anybody tell you.

As for internship roles at foreign companies, I can confidently tell you that Decagon products don’t only get well paid remote opportunities, some have built stuff for the US government and were immediately retained due to their performances. Big tech companies abroad who have had experience with decagon products have stuck with them.

Bottom line is, it’s worth it. The training, the exposure and the pecks that come with going through the program is sure worth it.

US government ko, US Pentagon ni.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by vheckthor1: 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
The Decagon program is a rip-off, you basically gonna learn things yourself. If you have 3.8-4M (including interest on loan) to dash people then go for the program, else Get a good laptop, a nice Internet connection and pick a programming language and follow the path, you will be better off
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Juanmike(m): 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
BrainSanitizer:

A plane shape with 10 sides.
what is it used for,?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by nuel000: 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
Juanmike:
what is it used for,?
really bro?

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
Iretii0511:
Don’t let anyone scare you, it’s a great thing if you can put in the work. One thing you should know is that decagon do not admit average students. The entrance assessments are tough and you must scale through even if you want to pay cash. But if you scale through, you still have to work even harder to stay ahead of your game. For me, it was a life changing experience entirely. Software engineering is not something that’s very easy to learn under six months especially for novice. But Decagon will do everything to set you on the part of success. There is also a large alumni association which still shoulder the responsibility of growth even as a software engineer.

However, if you don’t have any experience with programming and you are not sure you can sacrifice everything to a serious learning path, don’t apply.

Decagon was a good experience for me. It could help you too.

Did you secure a job after the training?

I checked the curriculum on their site and it looked more like backend. Do they also teach other things?

I hardly hear anything about the experiences of people who went through the training. Are you guys made to sign a non disclosure agreement/contract?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kaycee4194:
Well, I went through the program and for me the pros far outweighs the cons. I've seen people say go to udemy and get videos and learn. I can promise you that only few people get to actually understand or get what they are watching in those videos. I didn't know Jack when I applied to Decagon but believe you me, after the program I am doing well for myself. Not everybody has the same experience but if you keep your head in the game and work hard, the 3 mil loan will be a something you will look back at and laugh. Apart from skill what people underate in software engineering is the community you build. It is way more than money and trust me you will get a whole lot of connections which will help you in future both in linking you up with jobs and helping you out when you have bugs even in your place of work.

If you are thinking of starting a career in tech. Decagon is a yes from me.

I checked the curriculum on their site and it looked more like backend. Do they also teach other things?

I hardly hear anything about the experiences of people who went through the training. Are you guys made to sign a non disclosure agreement/contract?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
Karleb:
Me, I prefer Stutern, HNG and the likes.

Personally, decagon is not worth it from what I have heard about them.

Please elaborate. What did you hear about them? Save me from making a mistake.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by falseprophet: 12:47am On Jul 02, 2021
nuel000:
be solving problems with an empty stomach na grin

Na stomach infrastructure dey Kee Africans, no one cares about tomorrow shey? Whites dey fly car now but for here we never find solution to hunger grin
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by eddy42(m): 1:15am On Jul 02, 2021
zeemahn:

Please elaborate. What did you hear about them? Save me from making a mistake.
I have a friend that was enrolled in the program before Corona. He didn't finish with them because he got a good job with the FG but Decagon is worth from all our discussion with him as they get them jobs of #250,000 at least and if I could remember the salary is split into three while they take 1/3.
The repayment is gradual. They also equip you with state of the art laptops and labs. Overall it's great.

The big question is how prepared are you because they don't just enroll people as they are quite selective and you have to pass a serious of their aptitude test and all.

I wonder why most of the first set of people to comment on this forum are always eager to air their ignorance, like how can you just come and say something you really have little or no knowledge about confidently, please we can do better abeg. Make we dey try reason well if our government officials no want dey reason abeg.

Sorry about my punctuations o, I no be writer.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by kayyzz: 2:05am On Jul 02, 2021
pjc:
Any idea about the cost of enrolling please. Have been trying to develop a skill on programming and software engineering and algorithms. Anyone with useful information pls share.
The cost is 2million.
If you want additional support like accommodation, Laptop and stipends, you will pay an additional 1million.
I hope I've answered your question

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by pjc(m): 2:25am On Jul 02, 2021
kayyzz:

The cost is 2million.
If you want additional support like accommodation, Laptop and stipends, you will pay an additional 1million.
I hope I've answered your question

Yes, thanks. Not sure why it wasn't highlighted anywhere on their webpage
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Yettyflower: 3:27am On Jul 02, 2021
falseprophet:

Yea...not your fault at all

It's same reason we have many poor people in this part of the world. There's much money when you solve a problem

Wrong.
Not if the problem is money in the first place.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Ola9292(m): 3:35am On Jul 02, 2021
Kaycee4194:
Well, I went through the program and for me the pros far outweighs the cons. I've seen people say go to udemy and get videos and learn. I can promise you that only few people get to actually understand or get what they are watching in those videos. I didn't know Jack when I applied to Decagon but believe you me, after the program I am doing well for myself. Not everybody has the same experience but if you keep your head in the game and work hard, the 3 mil loan will be a something you will look back at and laugh. Apart from skill what people underate in software engineering is the community you build. It is way more than money and trust me you will get a whole lot of connections which will help you in future both in linking you up with jobs and helping you out when you have bugs even in your place of work.

If you are thinking of starting a career in tech. Decagon is a yes from me.
You are right but it’s not for starters.I was average when I started and still couldn’t scale through.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Juanmike(m): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2021
nuel000:
really bro?
Abeg
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 02, 2021
eddy42:

I have a friend that was enrolled in the program before Corona. He didn't finish with them because he got a good job with the FG but Decagon is worth from all our discussion with him as they get them jobs of #250,000 at least and if I could remember the salary is split into three while they take 1/3.
The repayment is gradual. They also equip you with state of the art laptops and labs. Overall it's great.

The big question is how prepared are you because they don't just enroll people as they are quite selective and you have to pass a serious of their aptitude test and all.

I wonder why most of the first set of people to comment on this forum are always eager to air their ignorance, like how can you just come and say something you really have little or no knowledge about confidently, please we can do better abeg. Make we dey try reason well if our government officials no want dey reason abeg.

Sorry about my punctuations o, I no be writer.

I observed the negativity and none had tangible reasons.

I want to enroll for the next one(sq010) after this ongoing sq009 application. I'm happy that they have removed that maths for computer science as part of the home study.

Please can you link me to anyone that enrolled in the past? I need guidance on how to pass the in person assessment especially that algorithm and data structures challenge. I promise not to disturb anyone you link me up with. Just occasional messages via any platform he /she chooses.

I don't see the repayment of that loan as a problem compared to the kind of salaries an individual will earn after completing the training.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Iretii0511(m): 9:02am On Jul 02, 2021
zeemahn:

I secured a job even before the end of my training. There were lots of guys like that. Some remote job worth over $30k/pa.

It's a fullstack training.

As students at Decagon, we didn't sign any NDA. It's just that everyone is too busy to really have time to write. But there are articles online to where guys shared their experience at Decagon.

I hope I answered your questions?

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Iretii0511(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2021
shegzhkn:

US government ko, US Pentagon ni.

I don’t have time for a back and forth with you. I know you crave that.

You will be shocked to see the level of projects Decagon guys have been involved in.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by shegzhkn: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2021
Iretii0511:

I don’t have time for a back and forth with you. I know you crave that.

You will be shocked to see the level of projects Decagon guys have been involved in.

grin

How did you figure, Lol.

Why don't you think some folks knows so much that any false narrative will be thrown into the garbage can.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Succious1912(m): 10:45am On Jul 02, 2021
TechCapon:
If you're ready to owe debt of over N3m and start paying loans immediately after you graduate then go ahead grin

Like, are you serious right now?
Lemme know pls. I just enrolled for the recent training.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by TechCapon(m): 10:59am On Jul 02, 2021
Succious1912:

Like, are you serious right now?
Lemme know pls. I just enrolled for the recent training.
I'm dead serious. I passed the exam and was awarded the scholarship for the last cohort but I turned it down because I did not have a guarantor that would pay N3m in case I decide to abscond after the training. I didn't even bother to apply for this cohort. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by nuel000: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2021
TechCapon:
I'm dead serious. I passed the exam and was awarded the scholarship for the last cohort but I turned it down because I did not have a guarantor that would pay N3m in case I decide to abscond after the training. I didn't even bother to apply for this cohort. Lol
chaai...so u must have someone willing to stand for u to pay 3 m
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by KlassikBlack(m): 11:36am On Jul 02, 2021
[quote author=nurez305 post=103266087]Turn slave after your course because you will start payment of 3million to decagon immediately you secure your job[/quotre]

Wow. How would one come by owing 3million in the first place. What are they providing that would cost me 3million naira?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by TechCapon(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2021
nuel000:
chaai...so u must have someone willing to stand for u to pay 3 m
If you add the interest that would accrue during the period it would be much more than that grin
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2021
Iretii0511:

I secured a job even before the end of my training. There were lots of guys like that. Some remote job worth over $30k/pa.

It's a fullstack training.

As students at Decagon, we didn't sign any NDA. It's just that everyone is too busy to really have time to write. But there are articles online to where guys shared their experience at Decagon.

I hope I answered your questions?

You did justice to the questions... but I have one more please. Did you have knowledge of any basic web technologies like html, css js, etc before enrolling? Do they prefer admitting individuals with basic programming skills? I'm asking because those algorithm problems on the home study guide are tough and require some kind of programming knowledge.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by GreenDee(f): 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2021
Do decagon train people bon UI/UX design, because I have a basic knowledge on that, but I just need the training and mentorship.??

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by SKhanmi: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
GreenDee:
Do decagon train people bon UI/UX design, because I have a basic knowledge on that, but I just need the training and mentorship.??

Stutern, Perxels.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Iretii0511(m): 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2021
zeemahn:

You did justice to the questions... but I have one more please. Did you have knowledge of any basic web technologies like html, css js, etc before enrolling? Do they prefer admitting individuals with basic programming skills? I'm asking because those algorithm problems on the home study guide are tough and require some kind of programming knowledge.

Well, that's why Decagon is not for the faint hearted. I wouldn't say I was a complete novice before I applied, I have at least been introduced to programming in 200l with qbasic. I wasn't just serious then plus we do it on paper. Apart from that fact, I didn't know basic html, css or js before I applied. But I got to learn that in two weeks bootcamp then. It was the most challenging experience of my life. So fear not, if you have the desire to learn, you will scale through. It may be tough but you sure will scale through.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by eddy42(m): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2021
zeemahn:

I observed the negativity and none had tangible reasons.

I want to enroll for the next one(sq010) after this ongoing sq009 application. I'm happy that they have removed that maths for computer science as part of the home study.

Please can you link me to anyone that enrolled in the past? I need guidance on how to pass the in person assessment especially that algorithm and data structures challenge. I promise not to disturb anyone you link me up with. Just occasional messages via any platform he /she chooses.

I don't see the repayment of that loan as a problem compared to the kind of salaries an individual will earn after completing the training.
You can PM me, I’ll ask him to see if he is willing or be chanced.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2021
Iretii0511:

Well, that's why Decagon is not for the faint hearted. I wouldn't say I was a complete novice before I applied, I have at least been introduced to programming in 200l with qbasic. I wasn't just serious then plus we do it on paper. Apart from that fact, I didn't know basic html, css or js before I applied. But I got to learn that in two weeks bootcamp then. It was the most challenging experience of my life. So fear not, if you have the desire to learn, you will scale through. It may be tough but you sure will scale through.

Thanks man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-Power Volunteers Storm Father Mbaka's Church In Enugu, Beg For State Jobs / Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? / Waec Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.