Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? (24809 Views)

How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? / Decagon Institute Reschedule Interview Date / Elite Decagon Software Developer Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by nuel000: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2021
Iretii0511:

Well, that's why Decagon is not for the faint hearted. I wouldn't say I was a complete novice before I applied, I have at least been introduced to programming in 200l with qbasic. I wasn't just serious then plus we do it on paper. Apart from that fact, I didn't know basic html, css or js before I applied. But I got to learn that in two weeks bootcamp then. It was the most challenging experience of my life. So fear not, if you have the desire to learn, you will scale through. It may be tough but you sure will scale through.
what about the loan, were u able to clear it?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by eddy42(m): 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2021
nuel000:
what about the loan, were u able to clear it?
$30k/annum or more remote job, do the math.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Kaycee4194(m): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
zeemahn:

Did you secure a job after the training?

I checked the curriculum on their site and it looked more like backend. Do they also teach other things?

I hardly hear anything about the experiences of people who went through the training. Are you guys made to sign a non disclosure agreement/contract?

Yes I did secure a good job after. Intact an international gig and in less than six months I still changed my job to another international company offering more than twice my current salary. So for me I had a pretty good deal.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
Karleb:

They aren't.

If you say they are one of the best, I'd agree.

The only thing they offer I like is the reputation the company has, it'll help with job interviews.

Stutern and HNG graduates are getting internship role at foreign companies, mind you, HNG is free. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Imagine starting your career with debt to pay.
I don't like that.

Stut.ern doesn't get you Internship with any Foreign Company ooo the cohort that started in July last year I only know of 3 that they linked with jobs the rest still dey find work.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2021
falseprophet:

Yea...not your fault at all

It's same reason we have many poor people in this part of the world. There's much money when you solve a problem

My brother na person wey don chop bellefull go dey think of problem to solve.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2021
Jonathan39:
What if you stay at home looking for a job, while someone who under the training, get a job and clear the debt? You've not considered that. You are guaranteed a job paying 250k a Month after graduating from decagon.

Bro I don't want to argue with you on this but I find it difficult to believe that Decagon gets a job of 250K a month for you after graduation!! It's more like a junior dev paid same amount some Mid-level developer earns here in Nigeria. I also wanna ask did you go into Decagon? If you did after the training did you get a job?

I'm asking not to dispute your claims but to gain more insight.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by falseprophet: 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
lordally:

My brother na person wey don chop bellefull go dey think of problem to solve.

No be only naija hunger dey, e dey everywhere. But na only naija people like you carry belle put for front everything else is secondary na why we no dey progress
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
Jonathan39:
Your mindset is your problem, cheap things will kill black people. Overseas, student loan exist. HNG? The total number of HNG interns who ended up with a job since it started, is not up to just one squad of Decagon. I was part of HNGi7. Do they teach you anything? Do you get offered a job if you don't make it to last stage? Do they provide you light, data? What about accomodation and stream of other developers in the industry?

The two no be mate

I sent a DM... Please reply
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Karleb(m): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2021
falseprophet:

No be only naija hunger dey, e dey everywhere. But na only naija people like you carry belle put for front everything else is secondary na why we no dey progress

Which hunger dey everywhere, you think everyone has Buhari as president?

As you don chop finish, na him make you dey talk like this. We get developers wey no get money do common night sub and you are talking about solving problems.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by LeeSantos(m): 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
Karleb:

As you don chop finish, na him make you dey talk like this. We get developers wey no get money do common night sub and you are talking about solving problems.
Developer wey no get money do night sub. Is that one a developer? Abi na building developer
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
falseprophet:

grin grin grin
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2021
Karleb:

No mind am!
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
eddy42:

I have a friend that was enrolled in the program before Corona. He didn't finish with them because he got a good job with the FG but Decagon is worth from all our discussion with him as they get them jobs of #250,000 at least and if I could remember the salary is split into three while they take 1/3.
The repayment is gradual. They also equip you with state of the art laptops and labs. Overall it's great.

The big question is how prepared are you because they don't just enroll people as they are quite selective and you have to pass a serious of their aptitude test and all.

I wonder why most of the first set of people to comment on this forum are always eager to air their ignorance, like how can you just come and say something you really have little or no knowledge about confidently, please we can do better abeg. Make we dey try reason well if our government officials no want dey reason abeg.

Sorry about my punctuations o, I no be writer.
I sent you a mail bro. I would kindly like to get a few info
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2021
Kaycee4194:

Yes I did secure a good job after. Intact an international gig and in less than six months I still changed my job to another international company offering more than twice my current salary. So for me I had a pretty good deal.

Wow. Thanks for answering. Please how were you able to scale through with those algorithm challenges? They look too tough for a beginner. Any advice for me?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
TechCapon:
I'm dead serious. I passed the exam and was awarded the scholarship for the last cohort but I turned it down because I did not have a guarantor that would pay N3m in case I decide to abscond after the training. I didn't even bother to apply for this cohort. Lol

Does the exam involve Algorithm and it's like?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2021
lordally:

Bro I don't want to argue with you on this but I find it difficult to believe that Decagon gets a job of 250K a month for you after graduation!! It's more like a junior dev paid same amount some Mid-level developer earns here in Nigeria. I also wanna ask did you go into Decagon? If you did after the training did you get a job?

I'm asking not to dispute your claims but to gain more insight.

Standard pay for a junior dev in decent companies like symphix, systemspecs, access bank, airpeace, interswitch, etc is between 180k to 350k. I know people working in some of those companies.

Standard mid-level developer salary in a decent company is from 450k. Some senior devs receive close to a million or more minus bonuses and added benefits.

We should assume (and I think we would be right if we do) that decadevs get jobs with decent companies after their training. Not those 50-80k jobs that exploit desperate people.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
zeemahn:

Standard pay for a junior dev in decent companies like symphix, systemspecs, access bank, airpeace, interswitch, etc is between 180k to 350k. I know people working in some of those companies.

Standard mid-level developer salary in a decent company is from 450k. Some senior devs receive close to a million or more minus bonuses and added benefits.

We should assume (and I think we would be right if we do) that decadevs get jobs with decent companies after their training. Not those 50-80k jobs that exploit desperate people.

Nice one bro.. I asked based on the Numerous Junior developer salary in Nigeria which the higheat most comon around is 100k so I was wondering how a Decave would be able to pay back the 3M plus in 3yrs
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Karleb(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
LeeSantos:

Developer wey no get money do night sub. Is that one a developer? Abi na building developer

A developer. smiley
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by eddy42(m): 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2021
lordally:

I sent you a mail bro. I would kindly like to get a few info
Replied
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by TechCapon(m): 5:35am On Jul 04, 2021
lordally:

Does the exam involve Algorithm and it's like?
phase one is coding and phase two is algorithm
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by de3lar(m): 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2021
I've been following this trend for quite some while now and it's been quite cool.

I'm a young guy who loves coding, I have basic knowledge of JavaScript, React JS, Solidity and NodeJS and I made quite some little cash with them in particular in the last few months.

For everyone saying Youtube and Udemy will give you all Decagon will give you, I can boldly say, the learning condition will be totally different. Online learning comes with a lot of problems and the highest of it is the coding style. Each Dev has their own personal way of writing code and as well solving problems. As an upcoming Dev, you'll need to develop your own style of solving problems and I can assure you, YouTube or Udemy won't give you that.

I'll like to sponsor myself through Decagon(3 million ain't a problem for me cos I have first hand experience of what devs earn). Currently am schooling, HND2 first semester Urban and Regional planning. How easy will it be for me to under go the course together with my current course. Another question, what is the minimum qualifications one has to possess before one can apply for the course.

Cc TechCapon Kaycee4194

6 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2021
TechCapon:
phase one is coding and phase two is algorithm

Na that phase 2 na there wahala dey grin
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by lordally(m): 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kaycee4194:

During the admission process does one need to Know Algorithm??
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by obong003(m): 5:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
Please can any of the graduates help us to navigate through those algorithms phase? I have gone through the coding phase on freecodecamp but the algorithm looks somehow.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by de3lar(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
obong003:
Please can any of the graduates help us to navigate through those algorithms phase? I have gone through the coding phase on freecodecamp but the algorithm looks somehow.

Can I have the link to their coding phase on freecodecamp
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by TechCapon(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
de3lar:
I've been following this trend for quite some while now and it's been quite cool.

I'm a young guy who loves coding, I have basic knowledge of JavaScript, React JS, Solidity and NodeJS and I made quite some little cash with them in particular in the last few months.

For everyone saying Youtube and Udemy will give you all Decagon will give you, I can boldly say, the learning condition will be totally different. Online learning comes with a lot of problems and the highest of it is the coding style. Each Dev has their own personal way of writing code and as well solving problems. As an upcoming Dev, you'll need to develop your own style of solving problems and I can assure you, YouTube or Udemy won't give you that.

I'll like to sponsor myself through Decagon(3 million ain't a problem for me cos I have first hand experience of what devs earn). Currently am schooling, HND2 first semester Urban and Regional planning. How easy will it be for me to under go the course together with my current course. Another question, what is the minimum qualifications one has to possess before one can apply for the course.

Cc TechCapon Kaycee4194
I think you have to be done with school but you can get in touch with them through their website or via Twitter and they'll clarify you. So you know solidity? That's good
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by TechCapon(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
lordally:

Na that phase 2 na there wahala dey grin
big wahala
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by obong003(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
de3lar:

Can I have the link to their coding phase on freecodecamp

Have you registered? They sent a mail containing it
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by de3lar(m): 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
TechCapon:
I think you have to be done with school but you can get in touch with them through their website or via Twitter and they'll clarify you. So you know solidity? That's good

Alright, thanks for the information.

I'll be done with school this year or early next year so I'll register for the next one.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by de3lar(m): 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
obong003:

Have you registered? They sent a mail containing it

Yeah I registered and I've seen the links to the freecodecamp tuts.

If you're able to solve the algorithm stuff, kindly help with them.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Kaycee4194(m): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2021
lordally:

During the admission process does one need to Know Algorithm??

Yes you need to know a lil about algorithms just basic Javascript algorithms

For people looking for a place to practice algorithms
Pls try www.codewars.com look for the 8kyu Javascript algorithms and get yourself familiar with them. Will help you a lot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by olioxx(m): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
Iretii0511:

I secured a job even before the end of my training. There were lots of guys like that. Some remote job worth over $30k/pa.

It's a fullstack training.

As students at Decagon, we didn't sign any NDA. It's just that everyone is too busy to really have time to write. But there are articles online to where guys shared their experience at Decagon.

I hope I answered your questions?
Does Decagon teach only fullstack, and if you don't mind me asking , what stack are you?
Just curious.
I have been hearing a lot about this Decagon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Relocate To New Zealand For Job / Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm / Recruitment: FG Releases List Of Successful Applicants Into Immigration, NSCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.