Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? (24913 Views)

How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? / Decagon Institute Reschedule Interview Date / Elite Decagon Software Developer Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Pumpumking: 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
Iretii0511:

Why do you think majority of those that go through HNG can’t see it to the end. Don’t let anybody deceive you, HNG is not for novice dev, it’s for junior dev. Forget about what anybody tell you.

As for internship roles at foreign companies, I can confidently tell you that Decagon products don’t only get well paid remote opportunities, some have built stuff for the US government and were immediately retained due to their performances. Big tech companies abroad who have had experience with decagon products have stuck with them.

Bottom line is, it’s worth it. The training, the exposure and the pecks that come with going through the program is sure worth it.

Please spek good improve English sir. It take pratise angry
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by fortz007: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
Iretii0511:
Don’t let anyone scare you, it’s a great thing if you can put in the work. One thing you should know is that decagon do not admit average students. The entrance assessments are tough and you must scale through even if you want to pay cash. But if you scale through, you still have to work even harder to stay ahead of your game. For me, it was a life changing experience entirely. Software engineering is not something that’s very easy to learn under six months especially for novice. But Decagon will do everything to set you on the part of success. There is also a large alumni association which still shoulder the responsibility of growth even as a software engineer.

However, if you don’t have any experience with programming and you are not sure you can sacrifice everything to a serious learning path, don’t apply.

Decagon was a good experience for me. It could help you too.
Hello, please can i send you a mail?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by fortz007: 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
Kaycee4194:
Well, I went through the program and for me the pros far outweighs the cons. I've seen people say go to udemy and get videos and learn. I can promise you that only few people get to actually understand or get what they are watching in those videos. I didn't know Jack when I applied to Decagon but believe you me, after the program I am doing well for myself. Not everybody has the same experience but if you keep your head in the game and work hard, the 3 mil loan will be a something you will look back at and laugh. Apart from skill what people underate in software engineering is the community you build. It is way more than money and trust me you will get a whole lot of connections which will help you in future both in linking you up with jobs and helping you out when you have bugs even in your place of work.

If you are thinking of starting a career in tech. Decagon is a yes from me.
Hello, please can i dm you?

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2022
Do they teach only software development at Decagon? What about UI/UX design? I have basic knowledge of this. I just need a ground for motivation and mentorship for further perfection.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by GeeConn(m): 9:14am On May 09, 2023
Iretii0511:
Don’t let anyone scare you, it’s a great thing if you can put in the work. One thing you should know is that decagon do not admit average students. The entrance assessments are tough and you must scale through even if you want to pay cash. But if you scale through, you still have to work even harder to stay ahead of your game. For me, it was a life changing experience entirely. Software engineering is not something that’s very easy to learn under six months especially for novice. But Decagon will do everything to set you on the part of success. There is also a large alumni association which still shoulder the responsibility of growth even as a software engineer.

However, if you don’t have any experience with programming and you are not sure you can sacrifice everything to a serious learning path, don’t apply.

Please which stack do they teach?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by GeeConn(m): 9:16am On May 09, 2023
Kaycee4194:
Well, I went through the program and for me the pros far outweighs the cons. I've seen people say go to udemy and get videos and learn. I can promise you that only few people get to actually understand or get what they are watching in those videos. I didn't know Jack when I applied to Decagon but believe you me, after the program I am doing well for myself. Not everybody has the same experience but if you keep your head in the game and work hard, the 3 mil loan will be a something you will look back at and laugh. Apart from skill what people underate in software engineering is the community you build. It is way more than money and trust me you will get a whole lot of connections which will help you in future both in linking you up with jobs and helping you out when you have bugs even in your place of work.

If you are thinking of starting a career in tech. Decagon is a yes from me.
Please can I pm you?
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Anuoluwa100: 10:04am On Aug 31, 2023
Please I am a microbiologist but will like to switch career in tech, I know NOTHING about it, I am open to advice that can help me achieve that.
Re: How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? by Anuoluwa100: 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
Iretii0511:

Anuoluwa100:
Please I am a microbiologist but will like to switch career in tech, I know NOTHING about it, I am open to advice that can help me achieve that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? / Waec Interview? / Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.