Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. (4088 Views)

Day 6 || Great Possibilities || GCK / If You Had The Opportunity To Meet Someone In The Bible, Who Would It Be? / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by ocloud81(m): 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks.

Many Christians who don't read their bibles do not know that there are some notable men of God in the Bible who had concubines(modern parlance for Sidechicks or Mistresses).

1. . ABRAHAM
But, Abraham, despite being married to Sarah had concubines. Genesis 25:6 tells us about Abraham's concubines. It reads, "But while he was still living, he gave gifts to the sons of HIS CONCUBINES and sent them away from his son Isaac to the land of the east."

However, Abraham did not leave his sons by his concubines empty handed. Hagar, who gave birth to Ishmael, Abraham's first son was also regarded as one of his concubines.

In 1 Chronicles 1:32. Keturah, Abraham's "other wife" after Sarah, is also referred to as his concubine. Apart from these two, we're not told of any other women who would have been considered Abraham's concubines.

2. GIDEON
Gideon also known as Jerubbaal and Jerubbesheth, was a military leader, judge and prophet

According to Judges 8:30-31, Gideon had a concubine who bored him a son. Verse 31 of Judges chapter 8 says, " Gideon had seventy sons of his own, for he had many wives. His concubine, who lived in Shechem, also bore him a son, whom he named Abimelek."

3. DAVID

Despite David being God's favourite man, he had concubines in addition to his wives. The Bible records that David had 10 unnamed Concubines . They are mentioned in 2 Samuel 15:16, 2 Samuel 16:22, and 2 Samuel 20:3.

4.SOLOMON
According to the biblical account, Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines

6. REHOBOAM

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, we are told that Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines. One of his sidechicks (concubines ) was called Maaka who was a daughter Absolom.

6. JACOB

According to the Bible book of Genesis, Jacob had a concubine called Bilhah. Genesis 29:29 describes her as Laban's handmaid, who was given to Rachel to be her handmaid on Rachel's marriage to Jacob. When Rachel failed to have children, Rachel gave Bilhah to Jacob as a concubine to bear him children.

My take;

Why did things suddenly change and our wives are now trying to demonize us whenever they hear about our side chick. I think we need to rewind dis matter and let our wives know that sidechicking is in our DNA which we inherited from our forefathers.
Am I communicating?

These things I am revealing to u, your pastors will not tell you o.

Let's share this until it gets to our wives. I am just trying to help our brothers o

2 Likes

Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by phemmylink(m): 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
So what does this justify?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2021
Lol! Clap for yourself.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Lattop(m): 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
This one sweet me cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by ozome15(m): 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
grin grin if some wifes see or hear this one na be. . . .!
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by DDDEnterprises: 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2021
Please start from your wife if you have one. Show this to her first.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
ocloud81:

Many Christians who don't read their bibles do not know that there are some notable men of God in the Bible who had concubines(modern parlance for Sidechicks or Mistresses).

We all know but we also saw how God was vexed by their action.

ocloud81:

1. . ABRAHAM
But, Abraham, despite being married to Sarah had concubines. Genesis 25:6 tells us about Abraham's concubines. It reads, "But while he was still living, he gave gifts to the sons of HIS CONCUBINES and sent them away from his son Isaac to the land of the east."

God stopped talking to him and when he must have observed it, he settled them sent them away.

Wise man!

ocloud81:

2. GIDEON
Gideon also known as Jerubbaal and Jerubbesheth, was a military leader, judge and prophet

Gideon was just the man picked by God and for the purpose of delivering Israel from their attackers and no more.

He was not exactly an example the God Fearing would follow, so he does not count.

ocloud81:

3. DAVID

Despite David being God's favourite man, he had concubines in addition to his wives. The Bible records that David had 10 unnamed Concubines . They are mentioned in 2 Samuel 15:16, 2 Samuel 16:22, and 2 Samuel 20:3.

Now that is our man and we saw how God dealt very heavily with him for it, which is why he clearly warned us, crying

"Drink waters from your own Cistern"

"He who follows women, is not wise and shall be destroyed"

"A whor.e, means death and hell"!

"Obey The Law of "He made them male and female" and not male and females.

It is Lamech, the son of the First murderer Cain, who himself, also murdered, who made his own record for himself as the First Man to take up more than one wife in direct disobedience to The Law of Male and Female Genesis 4:19.

Exactly as the son of Satan and Disobedience must do.

Are ye yourselves going to join him to break The Law?

ocloud81:

4.SOLOMON and 6. REHOBOAM

Solomon and Rehoboam, the stars of slaying and God put both of them away.

They do not Count!

ocloud81:

6. JACOB

According to the Bible book of Genesis, Jacob had a concubine called Bilhah. Genesis 29:29 describes her as Laban's handmaid, who was given to Rachel to be her handmaid on Rachel's marriage to Jacob. When Rachel failed to have children, Rachel gave Bilhah to Jacob as a concubine to bear him children.

And here is another case of forceful sinning.

The pursuit of whores Aka "slaymamas" is Voluntary, therefore, Jacob too does not count.

ocloud81:

My take;

Why did things suddenly change and our wives are now trying to demonize us whenever they hear about our side chick. I think we need to rewind dis matter and let our wives know that sidechicking is in our DNA which we inherited from our forefathers.
Am I communicating?

Let's share this until it gets to our wives. I am just trying to help our brothers o

Because you are a child of Satan via Cain, disobedience is in your blood thus, rather than Obey The Law of male and female and Live, you choose to do the will of your True Father Satan, who himself slept with Eve at the garden, hence the birth of the evil child Cain!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
ocloud81:

1. . ABRAHAM

However, Abraham did not leave his sons by his concubines empty handed. Hagar, who gave birth to Ishmael, Abraham's first son was also regarded as one of his concubines.

In 1 Chronicles 1:32. Keturah, Abraham's "other wife" after Sarah, is also referred to as his concubine. Apart from these two, we're not told of any other women who would have been considered Abraham's concubines.
The Old Covenant Law of Moses, which predates Abraham, stipulates that God is against Adultery which in this case simply means sex outside of a marriage relationship. undecided

Yes, Abraham was from a time before this, however, let's for the same of this assume we can judge him by that standard/law. undecided

Abraham, as it turns out, was married to Hagar - Genesis 16 vs 3 - and Keturah - Genesis 25 vs 1. So, they were not "side chicks" ,instead they were lesser wives or even what some translations consider slave wives. undecided
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
ocloud81:

My take;

Am I communicating?

If you studied the Old Covenant Law, you would have found that provisions where made for the having of "slave wives", also known as concubines. undecided

1. The Law made provisions for the wellbeing of slave wives sometimes referred to as concubines in text
Exodus 21 vs 7 - 11 (ERV)

7. “A man might decide to sell his daughter as a slave. If this happens, the rules for making her free are not the same as the rules for making the men slaves free.
8. If the master who chose her for himself is not pleased with her, then he can sell the woman back to her father. If the master broke his promise to marry her, he loses the right to sell her to other people.

9. If the master promised to let the slave woman marry his son, he must treat her like a daughter, not like a slave.

10. “If the master marries another woman, he must not give less food or clothing to the first wife. And he must continue to give her what she has a right to have in marriage.
11. The man must do these three things for her. If he does not, the woman is made free, and it will cost her nothing. She owes no money to the man.
2. The Law permitted the having of slave wives.
Deuteronomy 21 vs 10 -14(ERV)

10.You might fight against your enemies, and the Lord your God might let you defeat them and take them as captives.
11. You might see a beautiful woman among the captives who you want to be your wife.
12. You must then bring her into your house where she will shave her head and cut her nails.
13. She must change her clothes and take off the clothes she was wearing when she was captured in war. She will stay in your house and be sad about losing her father and her mother for a full month. After that you may go to her to be her husband, and she will be your wife.
14. If you are not pleased with her and choose to divorce her, set her free. You cannot sell her. You had sexual relations with her, so you must not treat her like a slave.
Now note, this the Old Covenant standard by which many of those whom you listed are judged by. undecided

You and I, on the other hand, are not under the Old Covenant and so concubines(slave wives mostly) are out of the question. undecided
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by kingxsamz(m): 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
You can have numerous side chicks just like these characters. Just repent when you're done lol, and all will be fine.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
kingxsamz:
You can have numerous side chicks just like these characters. Just repent when you're done lol, and all will be fine.

It would never work! Guaranteed death awaits anybody who carries out your wicked advice.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
This post is an epic #fail!

It is clear that OP cannot tell the difference between a "sidechick" and a concubine. A concubine can never be the same as a "sidechick".

Let me help you out here, OP.

This is how the dictionary defines "sidechick"(please, pay strict attention to the bolded below):

(African-American Vernacular, slang) A mistress; a woman one dates in addition to one's girlfriend or wife, usually in secret.

Now, here is the dictionary definition of Concubine(again pay strict attention to the bolded):

concubine
/ˈkɒŋkjʊbʌɪn/
noun
(in polygamous societies) a woman who lives with a man but has lower status than his wife or wives.

What the biblical characters that you have mentioned actually had were concubines(in the strictest sense of the word) and not "sidechicks". There is a difference. Don't get it twisted.

Once again, this post is an epic fail.

1 Like

Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
mansakhalifa:
This post is an epic #fail!

It is clear that OP cannot tell the difference between a "sidechick" and a concubine.

Let me help you out here, OP.

This is how the dictionary defines "sidechick"(please, pay strict attention to the bonded below):

(African-American Vernacular, slang) A mistress; a woman one dates in addition to one's girlfriend or wife, usually in secret.

Now, here is the dictionary definition of Concubine(again pay strict attention to the bolded):

concubine
/ˈkɒŋkjʊbʌɪn/
noun
(in polygamous societies) a woman who lives with a man but has lower status than his wife or wives.

What the biblical characters that you have mentioned actually had were concubines(in the strictest sense of the word) and not "sidechicks".

Once again, this post is an epic fail.

Thank God you brought bible into it and the Bible's interpretation and description of Slaymama/Sidechick/Concubine is "Whor.e/Prostitute."

And all women who are not your lawful wife or wife to be are LovePeddler.s/prostitute.

Therefore any who has a concubine,whor.e,killermama,sidechick, breaks The Law of Marriage To Wit- "He made them male and female"
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by kingxsamz(m): 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It would never work! Guaranteed death awaits anybody who carries out your wicked advice.

Well, according to the bible story, David is in Heaven.
cheesy
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
kingxsamz:

Well, according to the bible story, David is in Heaven.
cheesy

Because, he was Truly the wisest man in the world and he paid for it, even in death and hellbefore he obtained God's Mercy.

And he, WARNS US, DO NOT ENTER THAT ROAD AT ALL. IT IS VERY VERY EVIL!

I think he did not eaier know that Women are Satan's daughters and they sleep with him regularly, which is why they are very very evil.

Which is why they always say "hmm! You don't know me oh"

Yes indeed, you do not know that they are Satan's daughters and wives.

Only One woman is good for you, Your True Wife and it is only she who shall do thee good, all the days of her life, as Written.

The remainder, will kill you both physically and your true spiritually.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thank God you brought bible into it and the Bible's interpretation and description of Slaymama/Sidechick/Concubine is "Whor.e/Prostitute."

And all women who are not your lawful wife or wife to be are LovePeddler.s/prostitute.

Therefore any who has a concubine,whor.e,killermama,sidechick, breaks The Law of Marriage To Wit- "He made them male and female"

Lol...

What are you saying, sir?

A concubine was/is not a pr*stitute. In those times, they were seen as just having a slightly lower status than the wife.

They were pretty much secondary wives.

There were also outright prostitutes too in those times, you know?

Read this:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/5809/how-are-concubines-different-than-wives&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwih-96UsL3xAhUJ36QKHVYWAAsQFjAXegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3AWwhkdUOwxmbZwiQa1fxX
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by kingxsamz(m): 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Because, he was Truly the wisest man in the world and he paid for it, even in death and hellbefore he obtained God's Mercy.

I think he did not eaier know that Women are Satan's daughters and they sleep with him regularly, which is why they are very very evil.

Long story.

Hey guys, don't mind this guy quoting me, you can commit adultery and fornication as much as you want, just remember to repent after doing it. You'll surely enter heaven. Always remember David. Infact, remember Buhari and other corrupt politicians. They're still alive. Just do the sin and repent. Heaven sure for you. cheesy
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Lol...

What are you saying, sir?

A concubine was/is not a pr*stitute. In those times, they were seen as just having a slightly lower status than the wife.

They were pretty much secondary wives.

There were also outright prostitutes too in those times, you know?

That is because you have not paid due attention to The Law of Whorin.g and Whoredom.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
kingxsamz:

Long story.

Hey guys, don't mind this guy quoting me, you can commit adultery and fornication as much as you want, just remember to repent after doing it. You'll surely enter heaven. Always remember David. Infact, remember Buhari and other corrupt politicians. They're still alive. Just do the sin and repent. Heaven sure for you. cheesy

Hey guys remember, this is exactly what Satan told Eve and now, we all die!
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That is because you have not paid due attention to The Law of Whorin.g and Whoredom.

Propounded by
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by kingxsamz(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

we all die!

Not after you've repented and enjoyed your sin. Don't mind this guy jare.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Propounded by

The Lord, The Law, Himself!
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
kingxsamz:

See how Satan's son is urging you to your guaranteed deaths Exactly as Prophecied.

It is better to Obey than to take the risk of your repentance not being acceptable because You Were AFORE-WARNED.

But you thought you could deceive The Lord and The Holy Spirit with your purported repentance.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by kingxsamz(m): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

See how Satan's son is urging you to your guaranteed deaths Exactly as Prophecied.

It is better to Obey than to take the risk of your repentance not being acceptable because You Were AFORE-WARNED.

But you thought you could deceive The Lord and The Holy Spirit with your purported repentance.

Oga rest. Even your fellow Christians are the ones who fornicate the most. Do you think your preaching is having any positive effect in real life? grin grin grin
Even your fellow Christians have formed a new term "Assistant Jesus". That's what they call people like you who preach to them to do away from the sweetness of fornication.

My people, make una no mind this guy abeg. Enjoy your fornication and adultery. Ask for forgiveness when you're done. Heaven is %100 guaranteed after you repent. grin
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by squarelead(m): 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
Please be careful of what you read . One man , one wife is still be best, do not derail
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by bornalive: 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

We all know but we also saw how God was vexed by their action.

God stopped talking to him and when he must have observed it, he settled them sent them away.

Wise man!

Gideon was just the man picked by God and for the purpose of delivering Israel from their attackers and no more.

He was not exactly an example the God Fearing would follow, so he does not count.

Now that is our man and we saw how God dealt very heavily with him for it, which is why he clearly warned us, crying

"Drink waters from your own Cistern"

"He who follows women, is not wise and shall be destroyed"

"A whor.e, means death and hell"!

"Obey The Law of "He made them male and female" and not male and females.

It is Lamech, the son of the First murderer Cain, who himself, also murdered, who made his own record for himself as the First Man to take up more than one wife in direct disobedience to The Law of Male and Female Genesis 4:19.

Exactly as the son of Satan and Disobedience must do.

Are ye yourselves going to join him to break The Law?

Solomon and Rehoboam, the stars of slaying and God put both of them away.

They do not Count!

And here is another case of forceful sinning.

The pursuit of whores Aka "slaymamas" is Voluntary, therefore, Jacob too does not count.

Because you are a child of Satan via Cain, disobedience is in your blood thus, rather than Obey The Law of male and female and Live, you choose to do the will of your True Father Satan, who himself slept with Eve at the garden, hence the birth of the evil child Cain!
Well said. Devil like op knows how to pick out points from the bible to justify their evil thoughts. Devil knows the bible in and out, hence op is his true child. We are only living by His grace.

Op, you are digging your grave. Lead them not into temptation.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2021
I am greater than all of them because i'm one of the followers of God's only begotten son {Matthew 11:11} none of them knew 1% of what i know about God because they never saw or knew Christ's teachings {John 1:18} and it's only those who learned and accepted Christ's Counsels that are given the right to be called God's Children! John 1:11-12

So each of them was greater than their contemporaries before God as they lived by the few things they knew about God but a Christian is a thousand times greater than all of them put together because we have seen the salvation from God which is Christ Jesus {John 17:3} all of them are coming back to life due to God's mercy and we will teach them that God's only begotten son said "whoever wants to live in Paradise must follow the pattern God set in the beginning which is One Adam and One Eve" Matthew 19:8

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Image123(m): 7:05am On Jun 30, 2021
ocloud81:

1. . ABRAHAM

2. GIDEON

According to Judges 8:30-31, Gideon had a concubine who bored him a son. Verse 31 of Judges chapter 8 says, " Gideon had seventy sons of his own, for he had many wives. His concubine, who lived in Shechem, also bore him a son, whom he named Abimelek."

3. DAVID

4.SOLOMON

6. REHOBOAM

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, we are told that Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines. One of his sidechicks (concubines ) was called Maaka who was a daughter Absolom.

6. JACOB

My take;

Am I communicating?

Concubines in Bible parlance are not the equivalence of sidechicks in modern times. Side chicks is the equivalent of adultery.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Image123(m): 7:08am On Jun 30, 2021
kingxsamz:

As easy as repentance is, God is not mocked. When you make mockery of God's grace, you cannot think of deciding to repent. The decision and conviction will simply not come.
Revelation 21v8 awaits such people.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

There's no place in the Bible where concubines were described as whores, except if I'm missing something. In trying to correct wrong notions we shouldn't be superimposing our own ideas on the ideas given in the Bible.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Only One woman is good for you, Your True Wife and it is only she who shall do thee good, all the days of her life, as Written.

The remainder, will kill you both physically and your true spiritually.

How did David suffer for it?
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 30, 2021
squarelead:
Please be careful of what you read . One man , one wife is still be best, do not derail

Not being married is the best (as propounded by Jesus and Paul). Does that make one man one wife wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People / All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved / Interview With The Founder Of Celica Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.