Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. (4114 Views)

Day 6 || Great Possibilities || GCK / If You Had The Opportunity To Meet Someone In The Bible, Who Would It Be? / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

How did David suffer for it?

The more accurate question is WHEN DID DAVID BEGIN TO SUFFER from his error and sin.

Answer: when he disobeyed the Statutes of The Lord and kept not the Commandments, WHICH HE KNEW TO OBEY AND UPHOLD.

Thus, his troubles began after he left his wife Mi'chal at home, had sex with other women (1 Samuel 21:5) and took him Abigail, Jezreel etc as wives.

For exactly as Abraham, Solomon, Saul and co, God left him.

Which is why you see him Crying Out a lot in Psalms "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, ...? Psalm 22,

"How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? Forever? How long wilt thou hide thy face from me? Psalm 13: Psalm 10, Psalm 6, Psalm 77 take note of verse 10, and other Psalms.

Which is why he severally Cried and Warns, Keep The Commandments and Obey The Statutes of God.

For he knew his sufferings came upon him BECAUSE he disobeyed.

However, this experience happens ONLY to those who Truly Love.God and kept His Laws.

Any who who has not experienced this, IS NOT A CHILD OF GOD and thus, they are dead already and therefore God, in His Goodness, does not let further afflictions fall on them.

Which is why I call on all to keep The Law, (Commandments and Statutes) for they would indeed convert your soul, if indeed you want to Truly love God. Psalm 19:7. "The Law of The Lord is Perfect, Converting the soul:.."
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Standing5(m): 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
ocloud81:
6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks.

Many Christians who don't read their bibles do not know that there are some notable men of God in the Bible who had concubines(modern parlance for Sidechicks or Mistresses).

1. . ABRAHAM
But, Abraham, despite being married to Sarah had concubines. Genesis 25:6 tells us about Abraham's concubines. It reads, "But while he was still living, he gave gifts to the sons of HIS CONCUBINES and sent them away from his son Isaac to the land of the east."

However, Abraham did not leave his sons by his concubines empty handed. Hagar, who gave birth to Ishmael, Abraham's first son was also regarded as one of his concubines.

In 1 Chronicles 1:32. Keturah, Abraham's "other wife" after Sarah, is also referred to as his concubine. Apart from these two, we're not told of any other women who would have been considered Abraham's concubines.

2. GIDEON
Gideon also known as Jerubbaal and Jerubbesheth, was a military leader, judge and prophet

According to Judges 8:30-31, Gideon had a concubine who bored him a son. Verse 31 of Judges chapter 8 says, " Gideon had seventy sons of his own, for he had many wives. His concubine, who lived in Shechem, also bore him a son, whom he named Abimelek."

3. DAVID

Despite David being God's favourite man, he had concubines in addition to his wives. The Bible records that David had 10 unnamed Concubines . They are mentioned in 2 Samuel 15:16, 2 Samuel 16:22, and 2 Samuel 20:3.

4.SOLOMON
According to the biblical account, Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines

6. REHOBOAM

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, we are told that Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines. One of his sidechicks (concubines ) was called Maaka who was a daughter Absolom.

6. JACOB

According to the Bible book of Genesis, Jacob had a concubine called Bilhah. Genesis 29:29 describes her as Laban's handmaid, who was given to Rachel to be her handmaid on Rachel's marriage to Jacob. When Rachel failed to have children, Rachel gave Bilhah to Jacob as a concubine to bear him children.

My take;

Why did things suddenly change and our wives are now trying to demonize us whenever they hear about our side chick. I think we need to rewind dis matter and let our wives know that sidechicking is in our DNA which we inherited from our forefathers.
Am I communicating?

These things I am revealing to u, your pastors will not tell you o.

Let's share this until it gets to our wives. I am just trying to help our brothers o

Christianity means Christ-like.We should focus on Christ.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

There's no place in the Bible where concubines were described as whores, except if I'm missing something. In trying to correct wrong notions we shouldn't be superimposing our own ideas on the ideas given in the Bible.

The Law has already provided "One female, who shall be thy Wife" for you.

Therefore is it Lawful to have another, whom you call a "lesser wife"?

Your answer judgeth thee, for a lesser wife, is still not a Law Filled "wife".

For immediately you have one wife, the door is shut against all others which is why you and all men are trying to hide her and cloak her with the word "lesser wife" aka concubine, mistress, sidechick.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2021
bornalive:
Well said. Devil like op knows how to pick out points from the bible to justify their evil thoughts. Devil knows the bible in and out, hence op is his true child. We are only living by His grace.

Op, you are digging your grave. Lead them not into temptation.

Thank you. Thank God you also see that he is a True son of evil attempting to use God noted persons who erred or fell so as to cause others who do not understand God and His Ways to equally
foolishly fall into evil.

But we shall speak up against them.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

We all know but we also saw how God was vexed by their action.

God stopped talking to him and when he must have observed it, he settled them sent them away.

Wise man!

Gideon was just the man picked by God and for the purpose of delivering Israel from their attackers and no more.

He was not exactly an example the God Fearing would follow, so he does not count.

Now that is our man and we saw how God dealt very heavily with him for it, which is why he clearly warned us, crying

"Drink waters from your own Cistern"

"He who follows women, is not wise and shall be destroyed"

"A whor.e, means death and hell"!

"Obey The Law of "He made them male and female" and not male and females.

It is Lamech, the son of the First murderer Cain, who himself, also murdered, who made his own record for himself as the First Man to take up more than one wife in direct disobedience to The Law of Male and Female Genesis 4:19.

Exactly as the son of Satan and Disobedience must do.

Are ye yourselves going to join him to break The Law?

Solomon and Rehoboam, the stars of slaying and God put both of them away.

They do not Count!

And here is another case of forceful sinning.

The pursuit of whores Aka "slaymamas" is Voluntary, therefore, Jacob too does not count.

Because you are a child of Satan via Cain, disobedience is in your blood thus, rather than Obey The Law of male and female and Live, you choose to do the will of your True Father Satan, who himself slept with Eve at the garden, hence the birth of the evil child Cain!
Lol...Both of you are mistaken.
The "side chicks" he is talking of are essentially their masters female slave whom they can copulate rape This is legal according to the bible.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:

If you studied the Old Covenant Law, you would have found that provisions where made for the having of "slave wives", also known as concubines. undecided

1. The Law made provisions for the wellbeing of slave wives sometimes referred to as concubines in text
2. The Law permitted the having of slave wives.
Now note, this the Old Covenant standard by which many of those whom you listed are judged by. undecided

You and I, on the other hand, are not under the Old Covenant and so concubines(slave wives mostly) are out of the question. undecided
Selling your daughters as slaves? Having slave wives(rape) after murdering her family shocked?
Your god is sick!
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
kingxsamz:

Well, according to the bible story, David is in Heaven.
cheesy
David wasn't penalized for all the murders and genocides of infidels,even the rape of so-called concubines– all these are ok in the sight of Yahweh. What he was punished for(actually his innocent kids paid the price) was for taking a fellow Israelites wife,and conducting a census (actually 70,000 dead of the innocent people he governed were the ones who paid with their lives).
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Lol...

What are you saying, sir?

A concubine was/is not a pr*stitute. In those times, they were seen as just having a slightly lower status than the wife.

They were pretty much secondary wives.

There were also outright prostitutes too in those times, you know?

Read this:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/5809/how-are-concubines-different-than-wives&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwih-96UsL3xAhUJ36QKHVYWAAsQFjAXegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3AWwhkdUOwxmbZwiQa1fxX

You mean slaves who were captured to achieve their masters sexual purposes undecided?
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Selling your daughters as slaves? Having slave wives(rape) after murdering her family shocked?
Your god is sick!
lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by kingxsamz(m): 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

David wasn't penalized for all the murders and genocides of infidels,even the rape of so-called concubines– all these are ok in the sight of Yahweh. What he was punished for(actually his innocent kids paid the price) was for taking a fellow Israelites wife,and conducting a census (actually 70,000 dead of the innocent people he governed were the ones who paid with their lives).

Lol, priorities.
Lives of innocent folks killed in the bible could be compared to lives of ants and cockroaches.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Lol...Both of you are mistaken.
The "side chicks" he is talking of are essentially their masters female slave whom they can copulate rape This is legal according to the bible.

The Bible never legalised rape, rather God was trying to purify an unholy people.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Law has already provided "One female, who shall be thy Wife" for you.

Therefore is it Lawful to have another, whom you call a "lesser wife"?

Your answer judgeth thee, for a lesser wife, is still not a Law Filled "wife".

For immediately you have one wife, the door is shut against all others which is why you and all men are trying to hide her and cloak her with the word "lesser wife" aka concubine, mistress, sidechick.

You've still not said anything.
So why did God gave instructions on how to treat the first wife when a person got another wife in the Old Testament? I still don't get your drift.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The more accurate question is WHEN DID DAVID BEGIN TO SUFFER from his error and sin.

Answer: when he disobeyed the Statutes of The Lord and kept not the Commandments, WHICH HE KNEW TO OBEY AND UPHOLD.

Thus, his troubles began after he left his wife Mi'chal at home, had sex with other women (1 Samuel 21:5) and took him Abigail, Jezreel etc as wives.

Which is why you see him Crying Out a lot in Psalms "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, ...? Psalm 22,

"How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? Forever? How long wilt thou hide thy face from me? Psalm 13: Psalm 10, Psalm 6, Psalm 77 take note of verse 10, and other Psalms.

Which is why he severally Cried and Warns, Keep The Commandments and Obey The Statutes of God.

However, this experience happens ONLY to those who Truly Love.God and kept His Laws.

Any who who has not experienced this, IS NOT A CHILD OF GOD and thus, they are dead already and therefore God, in His Goodness, does not let further afflictions fall on them.

Which is why I call on all to keep The Law, (Commandments and Statutes) for they would indeed convert your soul, if indeed you want to Truly love God. Psalm 19:7. "The Law of The Lord is Perfect, Converting the soul:.."

Wow! Are you deliberately being obtuse? You've still not said anything to answer the question. You arebeing too ambiguous.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Image123(m): 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, priorities.
Lives of innocent folks killed in the bible could be compared to lives of ants and cockroaches.

Two wrongs, humans still have spirits that will "live" forever, unlike ants and cockroaches. Secondly, sinners are not innocent folks. It's an oxymoron.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

So why did God gave instructions on how to treat the first wife when a person got another wife in the Old Testament? I still don't get your drift.

Cite the place in the Bible where God gave the such instruction
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

I have answered you, you just can't believe that you could not reasonably query my answer.

For your clear question was "how did David suffer for it?"

And I did not just answer it, but I gave you the beginning of his woes and his lamentations because God Left him and troubles followed him.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:14am On Jul 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible never legalised rape, rather God was trying to purify an unholy people.
What is the definition of rape?
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Cite the place in the Bible where God gave the such instruction

Please read Exodus 21:10, and then come back for some more mental gymnastics.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Please read Exodus 21:10, and then come back for some more mental gymnastics.

Did you not see the beginning of it that she should be redeemed? Verse 8

That it is in DISOBEDIENCE to The Law of Redemption, then he must not fail in his duty to do her good and maintain her for she is his legitimate wife.

Did you not also see that the wife
in verse 10 was written distinctly different from the other 'wife' in verse 4 and 5?

It is your right to Disobey and there is nothing I can do about it as Moses, but I counsel perfect obedience to Law.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not see the beginning of it that she should be redeemed? Verse 8

That it is in DISOBEDIENCE to The Law of Redemption, then he must not fail in his duty to do her good and maintain her for she is his legitimate wife.

Did you not also see that the wife
in verse 10 was written distinctly different from the other 'wife' in verse 4 and 5?

It is your right to Disobey and there is nothing I can do about it as Moses, but I counsel perfect obedience to Law.

I don't know if you don't understand English, or you're still being deliberately obtuse. The redeeming part is not on her being married as a second wife, but for her master to resell her as a slave if he doesn't want her again after her being betrothed to him. Jeez! I don't think I should bother about you again. By the way, so if redeeming is only about disobedience to the law, it is sinful to have a first child then, since God asked them in the Old Testament to redeem their first children. At least according to your funny interpretation.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

I don't know if you don't understand English, or you're still being deliberately obtuse. The redeeming part is not on her being married as a second wife,
but for her master to resell her as a slave if he doesn't want her again after her being betrothed to him. Jeez!

He made her his wife in betrothing her exactly as Joseph did Mary and others and therefore, she is the Law full wife, even if she was a maidservant (evil bible say slave so as to put God in a bad light) before that).

Therefore, the redeeming part is because, she was given out in debt and she became someone's wife. First wife for that matter.

HedwigesMaduro:

I don't think I should bother about you again. By the way, so if redeeming is only about disobedience to the law, it is sinful to have a first child then, since God asked them in the Old Testament to redeem their first children. At least according to your funny interpretation.

See your twisting when I clearly said that it is the man who is to put her out for redemption but if He Disobeys, then Verse 10 comes in.

Verse 11 Clearly says that if HI DISOBEYS ALL 3 LAWS, she is entitled to be free without debt.

Her father's debt is cleared!

That is how Good God is but you just want to see Him as Evil.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by LordReed(m): 5:40am On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Old Covenant Law of Moses, which predates Abraham, stipulates that God is against Adultery which in this case simply means sex outside of a marriage relationship. undecided

Yes, Abraham was from a time before this, however, let's for the same of this assume we can judge him by that standard/law. undecided

Abraham, as it turns out, was married to Hagar - Genesis 16 vs 3 - and Keturah - Genesis 25 vs 1. So, they were not "side chicks" ,instead they were lesser wives or even what some translations consider slave wives. undecided

What is the definition of concubine?
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Kobojunkie: 5:56am On Jul 02, 2021
LordReed:

What is the definition of concubine?
I believe the dictionary definition below should work.
con·cu·bine

(in polygamous societies) a woman who lives with a man but has lower status than his wife or wives.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by LordReed(m): 7:33am On Jul 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So David is in hell?
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by LordReed(m): 7:36am On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I believe the dictionary definition below should work.

And why does she have less status?
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
LordReed:

And why does she have less status?
Why ask me? undecided
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by LordReed(m): 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why ask me? undecided

Because you're the one trying to make a distinction.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
LordReed:

Because you're the one trying to make a distinction.
I am? A distinction between what? undecided
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by LordReed(m): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am? A distinction between what? undecided

Between what Hagar was and what a concubine was.
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
LordReed:
Between what Hagar was and what a concubine was.
Are you sure about that? undecided
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by LordReed(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are you sure about that? undecided

You wrote:

Kobojunkie:

Abraham, as it turns out, was married to Hagar - Genesis 16 vs 3 - and Keturah - Genesis 25 vs 1. So, they were not "side chicks" ,instead they were lesser wives or even what some translations consider slave wives. undecided

What is the difference between what you wrote and the definition of concubine?
Re: 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
LordReed:

You wrote:
What is the difference between what you wrote and the definition of concubine?
But, I didn't use the word "concubine" in my comment there? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bill Gates Regrets Promoting Covid-19 Vaccine. Calls For Its Withdrawal. / Is Chewing Gum A Sin Before God? / What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.