Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead (38649 Views)

Heat Wave: Fire Errupts In Upminster, London / Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever / Dozens Of Wildfires Burn Across California Amid Blistering Heat Wave( Pics,vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Goldbw122(m): 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2021
PLAYBOX22:

We have more land with trees compared to the US ...could this be the reason?
US have trees, I think it is the structure of the land of US.
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Orpe7(m): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
Goldbw122:
That is why I love Nigeria, the weather is so natural and cool, God blessed Nigeria..

Travel go.Zamfara or Sokoto before u conclude
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Orissodiq: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2021
Kokaine:

If someone starts making swimming pools to be able to cool the water like fridge, with solar, the person will make money oh. Because most people will love to spend time in the cool pool now
lol... Bad boyyyy... I love the initiative
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by teminhi: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
I laugh when I read people's comments saying ' something we are used to in Nigeria'. I lived for 31years in Nigeria before coming here and never in my life have I experienced this type of heat. I asked my Ghanaian friend if they have since they say ghana is hotter than Nigeria, he said never have they experienced this.
The interesting thing is you don't get to sweat, you just feel the radiation penetrating anywhere you stand. It's really amazing
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by ugwumichael(m): 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
BlissGod:

Na you measure am...
How consistent is the weather report from this nation to trust what one weather researcher has told you. Abeg, am sure they have seen hotter.

Did you just say "they" I thought you were in Maiduguri with your thermometer taken the measurements. There are agencies in every state set aside to take these readings.
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by chichigal(f): 2:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
I tire ooo
SKYHIGHfx:
Agric chickens, if they come maiduguri na him be say they go die be that.... I remember when my brain nearly explode
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
Rgade:

This is not the first time Mother Nature is acting up. I wonder what the liberals would have said had they been around when it rained for 40 days and the entire planet was literally flooded.

Stfu. All these religious dumbos never seize to amaze me.
White folks gave you the religion but you think you know more than them.
Brainwashed fools.
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Gireiboy(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2021
SKYHIGHfx:
Agric chickens, if they come maiduguri na him be say they go die be that.... I remember when my brain nearly explode
grin cheesy grin
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Eaglesence: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
Xscape047:
E don b.....

Increased heat, drought and insect outbreaks, all linked to climate change, have increased wildfires. Declining water supplies, reduced agricultural yields, health impacts in cities due to heat, and flooding and erosion in coastal areas are additional concerns.

The Signs of Climate Change
Higher Temperatures.
More Droughts.
Wilder Weather.
Changing Rain and Snow Patterns.
Less Snowpack.
Melting Glaciers.
Shrinking Sea Ice.
Thawing Permafrost.

Nigeria is bea

grin grin grin
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Lordbinsmar: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
World needs to adopt climate actions in terms of mitigation and adaptation.

Climate change is one of the biggest treat to humanity. lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2021
Goldbw122:
That is why I love Nigeria, the weather is so natural and cool, God blessed Nigeria..
They are experiencing that now because of earstwhile industrialisation of which they are not proactive enough to contain the side effects (greedy of gain, the same path being towed by dangote, asians and oil companies presently).

We being a developing nation, believing we shall advance industrially some day shall note their mistake and avoid it.

We shall make our nation a place that will be run to for cover.

1 Like

Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by moorevic(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
Una way dey here don't even know what 49 celsius or fehrenheit is una dey shout Jesus Jesus. Me self no sabi. Just dey form anyhow.
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by moorevic(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2021
Plead:

Stfu. All these religious dumbos never seize to amaze me.
White folks gave you the religion but you think you know more than them.
Brainwashed fools.

come be like say you dey mad. Why you dey shout for am. Abi you don mental abi. If you no like wetin him talk ignore or reply in a modest manner.

No dey behave like person way him brain don pass expiry date.
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Lordcassy: 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2021
Karlovych:
grin grin John Kerry the presidential envoy for climate still flies around on his private jet yet the hypocrite is preaching about climate change and global warming

You dey mind them... Na Africans when go just go there dey soak their nonsense...dey vex me
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by chidiebube107: 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2021
hu told you
jericco1:
Almost °50C even for Sokoto e no hot like that
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by jericco1(m): 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
chidiebube107:
hu told you

It hasn't been recorded in the last decade

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by lookingfly: 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2021
HonNL:

SOURCE
this once no feet stay for sokoto during heat period be that.
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Angelmichael63: 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2021
Make them do more research about that CHINA SUN ooooo
Became I no trust those guys
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by tiwasiaife(m): 3:20am On Jul 01, 2021
The type of heat here in Edmonton AB is excruciating.
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Cousin9999: 3:54am On Jul 01, 2021
Building codes need to be updated to force developers to build for more passive heating and cooling.

And I agree that there should be minimums imposed for foliage.
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Teymanhenry(f): 5:44am On Jul 01, 2021
Have there ever been a time when Nigeria experienced such high temperature I mean 50degrees
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by Goldbw122(m): 6:31am On Jul 01, 2021
You are right and that is the prime problem of Nigeria today, the greed part, If only they don't have selfish part and focus on the country progress, then there will be success in the nation part, even white and foreigners will be working in multitude in Nigeria.
AdeOri99:

They are experiencing that now because of earstwhile industrialisation of which they are not proactive enough to contain the side effects (greedy of gain, the same path being towed by dangote, asians and oil companies presently).

We being a developing nation, believing we shall advance industrially some day shall note their mistake and avoid it.

We shall make our nation a place that will be run to for cover.
Re: Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead by lebete3000: 7:55am On Jul 01, 2021
teminhi:
I laugh when I read people's comments saying ' something we are used to in Nigeria'. I lived for 31years in Nigeria before coming here and never in my life have I experienced this type of heat. I asked my Ghanaian friend if they have since they say ghana is hotter than Nigeria, he said never have they experienced this.
The interesting thing is you don't get to sweat, you just feel the radiation penetrating anywhere you stand. It's really amazing

UV radiation.

Skin cancer loading...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Israeli Troops Raid Home Of Saleh al-Aruri, Hamas Leader, Detain Family Members / Ukraine Blocks Trans Women Refugees: "They Are Men, Must Go Back & Fight" / UK PM Debate: Presenter, Kate McCann, Collapses Live On Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.