Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now (33000 Views)

Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut / Lionel Messi, Barcelona Players Celebrate Copa Del Rey Trophy Win (Photos,Video) / Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by bilora: 7:27am On Jul 01, 2021
cry cry
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by OJEEMAH(m): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2021
complexBoss12:

Imagine that you have a team, in modern football, you want to compete at the highest levels and you can only mention these 4 as your Best businesses. And as a matter of fact, these 4 guys you mentioned, in their current forms, non of them can bench a player in Aston Villa team.

And you mentioned Man U, Chelsea and City as the only people that spent more, even tho there is no stat to support your claim, because Tot and even Everton has spent good in the last few years, but my question, is it Norwich City, Arsenal is expected to spend more than.

Arsenal doesn't just need good players, Arsenal even needs new name, because they are gradually moving from gunners to unknown gunmen.
Now you have shifted the goal post. You mentioned in your earlier post that, arsenal will be begging Messi to join for free cos they dont like spending. My response was not to defend Arsenal frugal spending but to correct you. Yes, they may not have the financial strength to compete with the likes of Man u, City & Chelsea but they have spent much more than others. The players didn't perform is not the same thing as not spending at all.

Tot & Everton have spent good does not mean they spent more than Arsenal. How many players have tot & Everton signed in the last 3 seasons?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by arantess: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2021
oblaak:
Pionel Pessi himself. I was surprised to see that my son came home from school each day without his pen. So I kept on buying more pens until I decided to go find out for myself who was stealing his pens. Honestly what I saw shocked me. I saw Pionel Pessi with a swollen school bag trying to run away and I held him by his neck as a dwarf that he is. Immediately he started confessing and when we opened the bag, we saw 104 stolen pens and 100 of them belonged to a student from Eiber. Pessi, I never knew you could be this wicked.
are u retardded

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2021
Messi doesn't need money. He has enough. He will not leave barcelona because his kids go to school there. His best friend has moved there and his other best friend suarez lives there. Messi ain't leaving Barcelona.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by oblaak(m): 7:32am On Jul 01, 2021
arantess:

are u retardded

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by oblaak(m): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2021
kenzysmith:
not funny bro very weak

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Anfieldster(m): 7:37am On Jul 01, 2021
La Pulga Atomica!
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by oblaak(m): 7:37am On Jul 01, 2021
complexBoss12:

This ur joke is so funny I forgot to laugh. You just took your time to write all this about a man you will be never worthy to unlace his boots.

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by DenreleDave(m): 7:43am On Jul 01, 2021
focus7:
No club is interested in an out used player.

Messi and dad should go negotiate (beg) Barcelona to re-sign him a new contract

Failurenaldo fans.. I feel ur pain

Weep more cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Brunicekid(m): 7:47am On Jul 01, 2021
Messi is now free now... Messi, use your head well oo!! I hope Messi is a Nairalander shaa, so he can see this my comment grin
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Iceyjayz: 7:47am On Jul 01, 2021
He should try another club, he has been with Barcelona for more than 15 years now, I think it's high time he tries another club before he retire
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by MorataFC: 7:52am On Jul 01, 2021
complexBoss12:

Imagine that you have a team, in modern football, you want to compete at the highest levels and you can only mention these 4 as your Best businesses. And as a matter of fact, these 4 guys you mentioned, in their current forms, non of them can bench a player in Aston Villa team.

And you mentioned Man U, Chelsea and City as the only people that spent more, even tho there is no stat to support your claim, because Tot and even Everton has spent good in the last few years, but my question, is it Norwich City, Arsenal is expected to spend more than.

Arsenal doesn't just need good players, Arsenal even needs new name, because they are gradually moving from gunners to unknown gunmen.
chai, this man u wicked o grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Lamasta(m): 7:56am On Jul 01, 2021
Messi will sign a new contract again he has made bow with his ancestors to finish his career at the nou camp
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by FahBuLous: 7:57am On Jul 01, 2021
Messi goes nowhere, not after Aguero, Memphis and Garcia signing... Incredible little man..
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Perfectbeing(m): 8:03am On Jul 01, 2021
kenzysmith:
Messi for your own good go PSG or renew because if you go Man city that will be the end pep go bench craze comot your head. Pep himself don't want u at city. Have you seen any man city players saying I want to play with messi? Just like PSG players has been doing for months now? Messi renew or go to PSG my humble advice
Messi is bigger than any coach. No coach born of a mortal woman can bench him.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by 123readygo: 8:13am On Jul 01, 2021
oblaak:
Pionel Pessi himself. I was surprised to see that my son came home from school each day without his pen. So I kept on buying more pens until I decided to go find out for myself who was stealing his pens. Honestly what I saw shocked me. I saw Pionel Pessi with a swollen school bag trying to run away and I held him by his neck as a dwarf that he is. Immediately he started confessing and when we opened the bag, we saw 104 stolen pens and 100 of them belonged to a student from Eiber. Pessi, I never knew you could be this wicked.
And yet he has more goals against top 6 English clubs than any other player dead or alive. Remember, he hasn't played in England for just a day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by airex(m): 8:16am On Jul 01, 2021
oblaak:
Not a messi fan but this is such a dry post. u be mumu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Goodnigga: 8:25am On Jul 01, 2021
paulolee:
lolz...i always knew dt messi would get a new deal after I saw his best friend aguero signed dt 2 yr deal after talking to messi...
messi is currently in agentina n av asked barca to pause any contract talks till he is done with d copa n back to Spain.
a new 2yr deal is already agreed verbally
Barca cnt let go bcoz even when his goals dries up, he would still perform with loads of assist n dts d edge he gat over the rest....big respect to cr7 shaa
Washare, Messi's Spokesperson
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Goodnigga: 8:28am On Jul 01, 2021
mktinsight:
Messi doesn't need money. He has enough. He will not leave barcelona because his kids go to school there. His best friend has moved there and his other best friend suarez lives there. Messi ain't leaving Barcelona.
see story, and Barcelona in Spain is where they have the best and only school in the world. Ronaldo, that juggles clubs doesn't have children going to school?
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Goodnigga: 8:31am On Jul 01, 2021
Bahamas95:
He will still renew his contract as usual jor!

Messi just wanna use fans to catch cruise......I would have wanted him to play for another club before he retires Sha.
his wifi no go connect
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by izombie(m): 8:31am On Jul 01, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Pepe (72M)
Aubameyang(56M)
Partey(45M)
Lacazette(46.5M)

Man UTD, City and Chelsea are the only teams that have spent more money than Arsenal in the last 3 seasons.

Maybe you should mention the free agents in the current squad beside Willian. Arsenal may not have broken British or world record to sign these guys but none of them joined for free. Try and be constructive with your criticism please.

Memphis Depay, Eric Garcia & Kun Aguero all joined Barcelona for free.....what do you have to say??

Arsenal is a mid table team now. How many years ago did you buy auba, lacazzette, even pepe? The worst part is that arteta is your coach. What a disaster it has been for arsenal. Conte is clubless, zidane is clubless but arsenal is sticking with arteta. A manager that finished 8th in the league. Until arsenal is relegated the owners will continue to milk it. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by jimmychang: 8:40am On Jul 01, 2021
Elzakzaky:
Messi should leave his comfort zone (Barca). If he goes elsewhere and proofs himself, then we can consider him as being on the same level with cr7

Same stupid ,old,dead argument grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Remman(m): 8:41am On Jul 01, 2021
Messi: like a DOT in a circle
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by Ayo2004: 8:47am On Jul 01, 2021
Let him go to City and statpad premier league titles and Carabao cup,also Messi in city will surely win a champion league and with that kind of team,10 Ballon d'ors is sure grin

Can't wait to drink Man Utd,real Madrid and Juventus Asun fans tears tongue
Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by ojoisimi(m): 8:58am On Jul 01, 2021
Goodnigga:
see story, and Barcelona in Spain is where they have the best and only school in the world. Ronaldo, that juggles clubs doesn't have children going to school?

I feel your pain.

He is Messi not Ronaldo.

Ronaldo can keep juggling till the end comes, that na im business.

What works for you doesn't have to work for me.

We know players whose contract saga always shake the world and another who only survives on making a mountain out of a molehill - coca cola incident comes to mind.

At the end he still got dumped out of the tourney even after qualifying for the second round as best looser. Yeye they smell

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by eskorelvis: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2021
Smellymouth:
For his sake and Barcelona's sake, he should leave.

Other players are too dependent on him when he plays and the whole game tends to be around him when he is on the field and when he fails to be at his best, barca loses. Well, that's the downside of having a GOAT in your team.

Not blaming him, but when he is not there, other players play freely, shoot freely and play their natural game instead of finding Messi and moving the ball to him. I think this shows that it's time...

God bless u for ur statement. The teammates are always trying to find him and that's why they don't grow. It's like they have to involve Messi to verify build up or something and that's why if he has a bad day the whole team loses but if u tell a Barca fan they'd be spitting rubbish

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now by chatbot1234isba: 9:09am On Jul 01, 2021
He works at KFC now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pools draws; Drop Your One Banker: One Banker Room - www.ukfootballpools.com / Pep Guardiola Reveals What Will Happen If Man City Fail To Win Champions League / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Set To Retire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.