Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. (29878 Views)

Deeone Tells People Joking About God Of Chosen To Ask God For Forgiveness / What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / My Confusion About The Claims of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by leofab(f): 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
hibeebeeking:
You really need help and you need to see a counsellor ASAP. You are thinking beyond boundary. You better start to leave a righteous life.
so thinking is. Ke a sin ? You chose righteousness over intelligence?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by leofab(f): 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ayion:

Your write up above is one of the reasons I believe he exists.

When the wise tries to explain wisdom to the foolish, it’s sounds illogical, laughable, ridiculous, irrational and overwhelming to the foolish man. This is because his(the foolish) ability to understand, perceive, comprehend and accept wisdom is far far below average...

This is why I can’t blame you but the level of foolishness that you have drowned in
a wise-ness based on unknowing writings passed to you by your foreign masters... I Rather be the opposite.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by leofab(f): 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
Edusouls:
God doesn’t exist, but you exist abi? How did you start existing, born and grew up and still living? then u come here to spew rubbish, Because God that made ur existence possible have not taken ur pathetic, foolish foolish life away, because u re just equivalent to animals that roam the space..
so how did god come into existence? Is there another higher creator... you believed God existed without a creator but yet you can’t ?

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by leofab(f): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
VULCAN:
This is another one of those wicked ones who deep down are scared that the life they are living will lead them to hell so they deny God.

Whether or not you believed in your mother when you were in her womb.

Eventually you met her.

The same shall it be again.

You will exit this world someday and then no one will listen to what you believe.

you will end up in the Muslim hell fire.. bet me
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Ayion: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
leofab:
a wise-ness based on unknowing writings passed to you by your foreign masters... I Rather be the opposite.
I used to think like this before...
Then I started seeking knowledge about Jesus and desire personal encounter with him and he visited me. Now I am 100% convinced he was, he is and he will always be, even till the end of time.
Humble yourself and seek knowledge of the truth that you may be saved. Stop seeking knowledge just to win arguments.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ayion:

Then I started seeking knowledge about Jesus and desire personal encounter with him and he visited me. Now I am 100% convinced he was, he is and he will always be, even till the end of time.
Humble yourself and seek knowledge of the truth that you may be saved. Stop seeking knowledge just to win arguments.
How did you go about seeking and finding this Truth? undecided

When you mean an encounter, what do you mean? I ask because you use a word that is typical of Churchians is what. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Ayion: 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2021
Techguy96:

My existence doesn't proof a God exist. If a God exist, who created him?
God has always been.
What has always been is the creator and was never created because he has been there
I would say he has been even at the beginning of time but he is the time ( I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end)
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by blahc007: 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:
I have been thinking about this lately and decide to share it here. Don't get me fellas, I'm a Christian and believe in God and his son Jesus Christ

BUT

It is believe that God created the world and knows what happened before, what is happening presently and what will happen later till the end of time. This brings me question on why he allowed Satan to decieve man, why was he also angry since He knew beforehand of what will happen? Then the consequent punishment, was it really justified?

The most confusing part to me now is life after death. I personally believe that there is heaven and hell right from my childhood days until one guy (Jehovah witness) told me that there is nothing like hell, he went on that even heaven is for a specific number of choose people and not for everyone, above all, he said that when one dies, your own is finished and you are not gonna go anywhere. Simply put, your body and spirit will die.

I nearly insulted him for spewing such rubbish but many years after, I'm beginning to think think twice about this issue.
Now, imagine suffering in this life for all the days of your life only to meet death (body and spirit),

My question is;

1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings?

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

3) Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?

4) which of the scriptures is to be trusted?

May God forgive my ignorance if what I just wrote is bad and punishable.

Nwanne Udo diri gi
Let me point out the first thing that you are going to experience by asking this question on Nairaland...
CONFUSION... you're going to be utterly confused in your confusion....
You can observe closely that the first two persons that responded to you are people who doesn't believe in your God...the next person is a brethren to same person who ignorantly told you UNSCRIPTURAL stories about Heaven and hell and life after death...the next person will be a genuine Christian with shallow scriptural knowledge, full of doctrines....he will bring more confusion pass de one u don confuse...

I get just one thing to tell u...
U see all this big big exoterism, God concept, demons and angel, what does God look like, who created God...bla bla bla....
I advice you to save yourself the stress and hold unto just one thing....
Which is " Jesus died and saved you"
Just hold unto it....grow into it....get a strong foundation on it....let results come out of it...it's on this foundation that you will be cleared of every other confusion.

I will talk more if u want me to.
Dalu
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Ayion: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How did you go about seeking and finding this Truth? undecided

When you mean an encounter, what do you mean? I ask because you use a word that is typical of Churchians is what. undecided
The funny thing is, I don’t even go to church.
Ever since I was small I usually sneak out the back door to go play anytime I’m taken to church.
So you see? When you have an encounter, you will defend him with your life because you are 100% sure of what you saw, felt and heard. It’s is personal not the general testimony of others
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ayion:

The funny thing is, I don’t even go to church.
Ever since I was small I usually sneak out the back door to go play anytime I’m taken to church.
So you see? When you have an encounter, you will defend him with your life because you are 100% sure of what you saw, felt and heard. It’s is personal not the general testimony of others
I am curious, did God ask you to defend Him with your life or is that just a bonus gift you throw in for Him or something? undecided

And you still haven't mentioned how it is you came to know Him or encounter Him. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by eROCK247(m): 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:

My question is;

1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings?

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

3) Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?

4) which of the scriptures is to be trusted?

May God forgive my ignorance if what I just wrote is bad and punishable.

1. You can't JUST ENJOY life because of the Golden rule of "sowing and reaping". Men sow evil and reap it bountifully.

2. The law states above answers this question. "It is appointed unto men once to die and after this comes judgment" when God will give to everyone according to their works. That time is the ultimate harvest.

3. To him whom much is given, much is expected. He who knows and breaks the law will receive more strokes...you have to understand that everyone has a conscience. No matter what happens we know right and wrong that's why even our native traditions have laws that safeguards life.

4. The problem with Jehovah's witnesses is that they are indoctrinated not to listen to any opposing teaching. If they'd listen, we could have a "discussion" (not a debate) on scripture. Hell, Hades, lake of fire is a constant topic from Genesis through revelation. Man was created in the image of God hence man is like God...eternal. In teaching the resurrection, Jesus said "He is God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob... He is God of the living and not of the dead". If they're not "dead", where are they? If only 774,000 will be in heaven, who are the countless multitudes from every tribe standing before God's throne?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
blahc007:

I get just one thing to tell u...
U see all this big big exoterism, God concept, demons and angel, what does God look like, who created God...bla bla bla....
I advice you to save yourself the stress and hold unto just one thing....
Which is " Jesus died and saved you"
Just hold unto it....grow into it....get a strong
foundation on it....let results come out of it...it's on this foundation that you will be cleared of every other confusion.

I will talk more if u want me to.
Dalu
But what you offered him to hold on to is not according to the Word of God as expressed in scripture. The OP is doing the right thing by asking questions of all the doctrines he has been force-fed since childhood all of which make no sense to him even after all this time. undecided

But here you are asking him not to ask questions insisting that He continue to hold on yet to other doctrines and traditions, also lies force-fed you by those you chose to listen and not ask questions of. Are you in a much better place than the OP in this? undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Edusouls(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
You see ur life? Simple equation you can’t solve but you want to know how the creator of the universe existed? I told u re naturally daft..
leofab:
so how did god come into existence? Is there another higher creator... you believed God existed without a creator but yet you can’t ?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by leofab(f): 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
Edusouls:
You see ur life? Simple equation you can’t solve but you want to know how the creator of the universe existed? I told u re naturally daft..
ignorance

2 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Ayion: 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am curious, did God ask you to defend Him with your life or is that just a bonus gift you throw in for Him or something? undecided

And you still haven't mentioned how it is you came to know Him or encounter Him. undecided
Saying “Defending his words and testimony about Jesus with my life” doesn’t necessarily mean to lose my life. I’m just trying to let you know the extent to which I am convinced of what I saw and of whom he is

And to your second question, it’s all personal to me. If you genuinely want to know him, seek him yourself
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by leofab(f): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ayion:

when he visited you what was he wearing and who is the tailor that sew it ? Is he wearing designers or ancient clothing ? grin
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by adeshna: 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I researched many of the religious books before coming to this realization. There is no way to conclude that Zeus is Hebrew God. The assumption that they are one and the same would require a huge logical leap which is the end would be meanings. In much the same way, Allah cannot be the same as the Hebrew God, and this again because their very characters and description differs a great deal. Amadioha is not the same God as Obatala neither is Eledumare. undecided

So instead I came to conclusion that there are many gods - a hierarchy of gods - each with different characters and different, and many of them, if not all, pretending to be the one and only, however the #1 is the Most High, the Sovereign one. undecided

Ohh, i get where you're thinking from. Zeus is the name of a God, it's not an issue of language. But check the translation of God to Hebrew language it is not God, it is Elohim. In igbo God is translated as Chukwu or Chineke and not as amadioha, here it's issue of language.

amadioha is a name of a God, here it's not issue of language, it's clearly another god. In Arabic translation of God is Allah, here it's an issue of language not another deity like amadioha or obatala.

In Arabic bible, God is translated as Allah, so if Allah is another deity like amadioha or obatala, then Allah shouldn't be in the Arabic translation of the bible. If obatala is translated as God then you should find obatala in the yoruba bible.

You are mixing two things, language and deity.

Deities..... amadioha, obatala, sango, zeus, etc are not language issue, they all have something or an image that stands as God to them. They have something they hold on to physically. Anyone who worship sango needs an iron to bow to. Anyone worship zeus worship thunder. The name of thkle gods are not translated or used in language translation for God, so it's different.

But In old testament, God is one and does not have an image. The word God is used in bible or Elohim in Hebrew language.

In new testament they believe Jesus is God and worship him. Here their God has a name not a translation issue. God cannot be translated to Hebrew or any language as Jesus.

In Islam God can be translated to Allah as language. There is no image or deity to worship in Islam, so you cannot say it's a God different from the creator.

Basically, I'm comparing God as regards christianity and Islam, not with other religion. Now you brought in other religions, so i get where you're coming. christianity and Islam there is a supreme creator, God. but other religions, have their God.

Regards the two main religions, there is just one God except for those that believe in jesus as God.

So regards generalizing in all religion there are different God. But not to the two main ones.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Ayion: 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
leofab:
when he visited you what was he wearing and who is the tailor that sew it ? Is he wearing designers or ancient clothing ? grin
You see why I said the foolish thinks wisdom is foolishness...

You are asking if The creator of the universe that mad atom out of nothing, the one that arranged atoms to form matter, and asked it to come alive and it obeyd. You are asking what color of clothes or who designed the clothes he is wearing? Your common sense didn’t tell you that if he wants something he will just simply commands it to be at it will be as he wish
Or your sense didn’t tell you that what so ever mankind invented that is good or discovered is just a fragment of his knowledge that he just desire to release to whom(scientists) that seek it?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 9:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Exactly like you, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN THIS WORLD AND ON THIS WORLD WHICH CREATED ITSELF, whether animals or phone or car or You or table or mannequin or robot.

A Creator is always Outside and Beyond the reach of his creation exactly as iPhone and Steve Jobs, Mr. Toyoda to his Corolla and a Carpenter to his chair.

He Who we call God is Outside and Beyond our reach, since we never ever created ourselves.

Simple Proof! And nobody has been able to provide a reasonable and valid counter.
Lol, I have seen this argument many times, it's not logical and reasonable.

If nothing in this world or on this world created itself than how did God exist?
Going by your argument, God has a creator and God creator had a creator and so on, your first argument will lead to the infinite regress.

Many Christian will argue that there's an exception to God, that he exists outside of matter, space and time. But obviously they are describing what doesn't exist. If God or spirit were real they would exist within space n time n matter as well.

Your second argument is even more stupid, Steve job use iPhone, I'm pretty sure he communicated with iPhone using the Siri App, meaning he was not out of reach of his creation.

If I make I chair and sat on it, my chair is therefore within my reach.

Ur second argument is dumb and doesn't even make sense, it further proof that God does not exist since we cannot reach him.

How do u proof something that's outside ur reach exist, why do u even pray to something u cannot reach, obviously ur prayers won't reach God.

I have seen numerous argument for God existence and this is one of the dumbest argument.

2 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ayion:

You are asking if The creator of the universe that mad atom out of nothing, the one that arranged atoms to form matter, and asked it to come alive and it obeyd. You are asking what color of clothes or who designed the clothes he is wearing? Your common sense didn’t tell you that if he wants something he will just simply commands it to be at it will be as he wish
Or your sense didn’t tell you that what so ever mankind invented that is good or discovered is just a fragment of his knowledge that he just desire to release to whom(scientists) that seek it?
It's a simple question what was he wearing?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ayion:

Saying “Defending his words and testimony about Jesus with my life” doesn’t necessarily mean to lose my life. I’m just trying to let you know the extent to which I am convinced of what I saw and of whom he is

And to your second question, it’s all personal to me. If you genuinely want to know him, seek him yourself
So, you saw something once that convinced you of Him for all of time ? undecided

Jesus Christ did say that those who are willing to loose their life will save it, so I was just trying to understand if you interpreted a little differently is all. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Ayion: 9:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
Techguy96:

It's a simple question what was he wearing?
Keep asking
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by leofab(f): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ayion:

funny black Man... only the good inventions are of his knowledge wondering where the Bad ones came from ? Maybe from his wife cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ayion:

God has always been.
What has always been is the creator and was never created because he has been there
I would say he has been even at the beginning of time but he is the time ( I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end)
I can also say the universe has always been, the universe wasn't created.

God does not exist, you guys are just scared of accepting the truth.
Nothing in the Bible happened, Israel were never slaves in Egypt, there was no great flood, no tower of Babel, everything in the Bible is false.
Go n read history, read about the crusaders, read about Africa slavery and how they force Christianity on us. If only u will free yourself from the fear of religion.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
adeshna:

Ohh, i get where you're thinking from. Zeus is the name of a God, it's not an issue of language. But check the translation of God to Hebrew language it is not God, it is Elohim. In igbo God is translated as Chukwu or Chineke and not as amadioha, here it's issue of language.

amadioha is a name of a God, here it's not issue of language, it's clearly another god. In Arabic translation of God is Allah, here it's an issue of language not another deity like amadioha or obatala.

In Arabic bible, God is translated as Allah, so if Allah is another deity like amadioha or obatala, then Allah shouldn't be in the Arabic translation of the bible. If obatala is translated as God then you should find obatala in the yoruba bible.

You are mixing two things, language and deity.

Deities..... amadioha, obatala, sango, zeus, etc are not language issue, they all have something or an image that stands as God to them. They have something they hold on to physically. Anyone who worship sango needs an iron to bow to. Anyone worship zeus worship thunder. The name of thkle gods are not translated or used in language translation for God, so it's different.

But In old testament, God is one and does not have an image. The word God is used in bible or Elohim in Hebrew language.

In new testament they believe Jesus is God and worship him. Here their God has a name not a translation issue. God cannot be translated to Hebrew or any language as Jesus.

In Islam God can be translated to Allah as language. There is no image or deity to worship in Islam, so you cannot say it's a God different from the creator.

Basically, I'm comparing God as regards christianity and Islam, not with other religion. Now you brought in other religions, so i get where you're coming. christianity and Islam there is a supreme creator, God. but other religions, have their God.

Regards the two main religions, there is just one God except for those that believe in jesus as God.

So regards generalizing in all religion there are different God. But not to the two main ones.
I made myself clear from the beginning that is not a question of what God or gods are called in whatever language there is but instead of the characteristic ascribed said deities by their worshippers. So I dont se why feel going around which does not matter changes any of what have said so far. undecided

Character wise, the Hebrew God is not the same deity as the greek Zeus and neither is He the same deity as Allah as described in the Quran. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by saintmm(m): 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is a bloody lie and you know it!

That book was purposely written by hands of humans, in human language, to be comprehended by human minds for God's very own reason and that reason is that we use our human understanding, the very one He, God gave to us, in understanding His creation and all of the Knowledge that is His, including that which is written in the Bible. Yes, that is what God wants, for you to start with even the human language comprehension skills which he bestowed on you in your attempt at understanding Him and His Truth. undecided

Jesus Christ taught this same to you , even in Parables -Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30 -, He declared that only to who use the understanding they have been given will more understanding be given. From those who do not use that understanding, will even the little they had be taken away. undecided

Your bible is meant to be read the same as you would any book out there and comprehended in much similar way. undecided
I really don't reply mention but I will dignify you by doing just this.
It is the type of this your mindset that creates lots of problems we have in Christianity today. I will not bother engaging you because I won't respond to you again, but one thing I will say is this: either you believe it or not, the word of God in the Bible is true and regard it or not you will one day face the reality and the authenticity of it's contents when and where there will be no need for argument.

Peace!

I rise
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
leofab:
funny black Man... only the good inventions are of his knowledge wondering where the Bad ones came from ? Maybe from his wife cheesy
I give up on Nigeria people, look at how they are defending a European God that doesn't even exist. There's no hope for the black man.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
saintmm:

It is the type of this your mindset that creates lots of problems we have in Christianity today. I will not bother engaging you because I won't respond to you again, but one thing I will say is this: either you believe it or not, the word of God in the Bible is true and regard it or not you will one day face the reality and the authenticity of it's contents when and where there will be no need for argument.

Peace!

I rise
There's no truth in the Bible. It's all lies, if only u will read ur African history, u will learn the truth.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
saintmm:

Peace!
I rise
The Word of God as told you through the mouth of Jesus Christ Himself is instead the very Words out of the mouth of God and Jesus Christ is that Word - not your bible. undecided

Way too many of you are steeped in the the same doctrines and traditions, what Jesus Christ declared were nothing but lies that the OP now chooses here to. Do you think you are in a state better than he is? undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by tasland(m): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
Am really gbadun dis thread...alots to learn here
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by patani(m): 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
kingxsamz:

With all these things which you have mentioned and described, wouldn't it take another higher intelligent being to create your god? You said science has only discovered 1% of things in the universe but yet you've discovered that there's a god and this god is a male? Funny guy.

I never said God is male, I need u to study space science, platnetary and galaxy discovery on youtube ...Things recently discovered in outside galaxy are mind blowing...

Read the article below...This is not emotion. This is science discovery that the universe itself is a being...it has feelings etc...So before u make some statement on public forum use ur brain and think...even though you dnt sound intelligent to me

https://www.menshealth.com/technology-gear/a36705498/is-the-universe-conscious/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reveals Paul Adefarasin Is Behind His Boycott From MC Jobs / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.