Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. (29152 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / My Confusion About The Claims of Islam / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2021
Techguy96:

Lol, I have seen this argument many times, it's not logical and reasonable.

Yes you have and the only answer is to Change Post!

Techguy96:

If nothing in this world or on this world created itself than how did God exist?

Did I not say you must Change Post! grin

Is God in and on this world? Nope.

Exactly as Mr Toyoda is not in the Corrolla or Steve Jobs is not in iPhone, or the Carpenter, in his chair, or man in his mannequin.

Creators are Always Outside and Beyond their creations.

So once again, no valid counter.

Techguy96:

Going by your argument, God has a creator and God creator had a creator and so on, your first argument will lead to the infinite regress.

I did say in and on this world which you truly picked up, so this is out of reasonable reach.

Techguy96:

Your second argument is even more stupid, Steve job use iPhone, I'm pretty sure he communicated with iPhone using the Siri App, meaning he was not out of reach of his creation.

If I make I chair and sat on it, my chair is therefore within my reach.

Ur second argument is dumb and doesn't even make sense, it further proof that God does not exist since we cannot reach him.

Why shame thyself because you can not validly answer?

In all your response is it not at the will and volition of the creator to move towards his creation?

Steve Jobs picks his iPhone at his pleasure and puts it aside at his pleasure. The iPhone does not pick him.

Same for the chair scenario.

And when Steve Jobs and you go away can your creations find you?

Please, it is ok to stay silent.

Techguy96:

How do u proof something that's outside ur reach exist, why do u even pray to something u cannot reach, obviously ur prayers won't reach

I have already finished proving it and you had no valid counter, you just running about Changing Posts in disbelief that you are still unable to find a valid counter.

Techguy96:

I have seen numerous argument for God existence and this is one of the dumbest argument.

grin The normal answer you all give when you real eyes that you still did not find any way to validly counter after all your struggles.

So Insult is the next answer. And it is said he who insults shows he has no valid argument! grin
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by lorenzoinsi: 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
It shall be well with you brother....
VULCAN:
This is another one of those wicked ones who deep down are scared that the life they are living will lead them to hell so they deny God.

Whether or not you believed in your mother when you were in her womb.

Eventually you met her.

The same shall it be again.

You will exit this world someday and then no one will listen to what you believe.

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by temiyato(m): 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
The Christian concept of a god has failed all test and if everyone should be sincere, we know he doesn’t exist. They are just trying hard to hold on to the lies in the stories by concocting more lies.

People will always feel threatened when you tell them their god doesn’t exist even when you present overwhelming evidence. That’s how dogmatism work.

The Christian description of a god is laughable, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.

I will advice u to pray and ask Jehovah to reveal himself to u. God is alive, am a testifier of his great work.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2021
temiyato:

I will advice u to pray and ask Jehovah to reveal himself to u. God is alive, am a testifier of his great work.
Your personal experience is not evidence, it’s just your bias.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by blahc007: 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But what you offered him to hold on to is not according to the Word of God as expressed in scripture. The OP is doing the right thing by asking questions of all the doctrines he has been force-fed since childhood all of which make no sense to him even after all this time. undecided

But here you are asking him not to ask questions insisting that He continue to hold on yet to other doctrines and traditions, also lies force-fed you by those you chose to listen and not ask questions of. Are you in a much better place than the OP in this? undecided
Baba....the basics of the Christian Life is the death and resurrection of Christ and what these two event brought us into....this is not a man made doctrine bro...to get answers to the plenty questions in your head about God, start from the foundation which I have stated above....that's exactly what I offered him.... "Jesus died and saved you"
From here other answers will be unraveled.
I know many believers who have dabbled into spiritism and other strange things, trying to answer questions higher than them...
We grow into this things man....there are sure answers to your questions...but start with Getting your self filled with the knowledge of what Christ came to do first...the old testament will now be revealed with time.
The reason I can't stop believing God's existence is because I have experienced him physically and spiritually...no be by theory.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
leofab:
this is like convincing a crawling child that walking is better... you are still in your crawling stage...

grin To convince a crawling child, all it takes is "On your marks, get set,...!

The crawling child better lose that race, if not, the losing walking idiot is lame! grin

Its as simple as that! grin

And guess what, the idiot lost! grin

So the crawling child has Boasting and Mocking Rights! grin grin
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by justicechichex: 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2021
There's nothing confusing about God and the scriptures. There's a big difference between HELL and HELLFIRE. The former is common grave of mankind we know (6 ft), even Jesus Christ the son of God went there (Acts 2:31). Hellfire on the other hand is not biblical teaching as it is not found anywhere in the Bible. This teaching of hellfire goes beyond the very characteristics or personality of God Almighty which is LOVE.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by leofab(f): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
Techguy96:

I give up on Nigeria people, look at how they are defending a European God that doesn't even exist. There's no hope for the black man.
hope is far from the average black man... children will always act their age... children of God indeed.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Phurah: 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
[quote author=Workch post=103249049]The Christian concept of a god has failed all test and if everyone should be sincere, we know he doesn’t exist. They are just trying hard to hold on to the lies in the stories by concocting more lies.

People will always feel threatened when you tell them their god doesn’t exist even when you present overwhelming evidence. That’s how dogmatism work.

The Christian description of a god is laughable, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.[/IF YOU DIE IN THIS STATE, WITH THIS BELIEVE, YOU'LL REMEMBER THIS POST OF YOURS IN FEAR AND TERROR FOR THE UNKNOWN JUST BEFORE YOU PASS AWAY BECAUSE JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND LIFE, ACCEPT JESUS TODAY, REPENT AND LIGHT WILL COME TO YOUR SOUL]
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes you have and the only answer is to Change Post!

Did I not say you must Change Post! grin

Is God in and on this world? Nope.

Exactly as Mr Toyoda is not in the Corrolla or Steve Jobs is not in iPhone, or the Carpenter, in his chair, or man in his mannequin.

Creators are Always Outside and Beyond their creations.

So once again, no valid counter.

I did say in and on this world which you truly picked up, so this is out of reasonable reach.

Why shame thyself because you can not validly answer?

In all your response is it not at the will and volition of the creator to move towards his creation?

Steve Jobs picks his iPhone at his pleasure and puts it aside at his pleasure. The iPhone does not pick him.

Same for the chair scenario.

And when Steve Jobs and you go away can your creations find you?

Please, it is ok to stay silent.

I have already finished proving it and you had no valid counter, you just running about Changing Posts in disbelief that you are still unable to find a valid counter.

grin The normal answer you all give when you real eyes that you still did not find any way to validly counter after all your struggles.

So Insult is the next answer. And it is said he who insults shows he has no valid argument! grin

Lol, so what about houses, If I build a house, I can't enter inside the house because I created the house.
How dumb can you be with ur argument.

So according to you, it's possible for things to just start existing so long there are not in OR on this world.

U have not made any reasonable logical argument, ur argument holds no water.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Xantel(f): 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
Everything God created was perfect.

Do you think Satan is happy? Do you think he wants to go to hell alone? He wants to drag anyone everyone to his own place.

Man disobeyed after providing all that he needed, the question you should ask is why did man disobey God? He has every right to be angry. Why did Satan not asked man to eat from the second tree that would made man immortal?
Because he wants people he didn't create to be with him.

Now Jesus came to cleanse our sins and put us right before God through him but we were still hardened. He left and gave us His Spirit.

The Spirit searches the mind of God the deep things of God purposes for us. It is only when we have that same spirit we can know him better.
God loves us so much.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by TheRegency: 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
Greeting from Christ Jesus, let me answer the questions bordering you.

1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings?

You can enjoy life, but doing bad things comes with its immediate consequences, the law of the land will catch up with you. But without doing bad things you can enjoy life. Believing and Receiving Jesus Christ into your life will end all frustrations you feel. because He says to you:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

You cant also kill yourself because you will not have accomplished God's purpose for your life. Beside the fact that suicide is a sure way to hell, the reason why you want to kill yourself is a small thing for Jesus to solve. In Jesus you will have rest and will no more suffer here on earth. He will open doors for you that will result to your comfort in life.

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

Of course there is life after death but There is no "what if" with God, God has already set for everyone two choices to make, (a) Receive eternal life full of Goodness, peace and joy or (b) Receive eternal death full of suffering, pain and torment. God has no say on the choice you make. But He has always advised us to choose eternal life. It you that will decide where to go, God has giving us this info so that we can make a sound decision.

3) Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?
God has engineered the spread of the good news so that Every soul must here the word of God, because the gospel is being preached everywhere and every time. Everyone must have heard the gospel at a point in their life. Rejecting the Gospel means choosing eternal death.

4) which of the scriptures is to be trusted?
The bible is the book that contains the scriptures, and it is the authentic material for spiritual growth in the word of God. It contains the Old testament and the New testament, The two sections play different rows in our Christian life but the new testament is the one that has the Power to becoming one of God's Children through Jesus Christ. In in you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

I pray that God's turns your life around towards our savior Jesus Christ in whom we have everything we need both in the present life and the life after. I urge you to receive Jesus into your life by believing that He came and died for your sake and freedom from the hold of sin and bondage of the enemy, and that He is the only one who overcame death by resurrecting after three days. If you can open your mouth and call His name asking Him to come into your life, He will come in and save you now and for ever. Received and be saved. Remain blessed.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by kingxsamz(m): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2021
patani:

I never said God is male, I need u to study space science, platnetary and galaxy discovery on youtube ...Things recently discovered in outside galaxy are mind blowing...

Read the article below...This is not emotion. This is science discovery that the universe itself is a being...it has feelings etc...So before u make some statement on public forum use ur brain and think...even though you dnt sound intelligent to me

https://www.menshealth.com/technology-gear/a36705498/is-the-universe-conscious/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

I don't need lectures from someone who says the universe has feelings. Sounds very unintelligent to me. grin
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
TheRegency:

3) Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?
God has engineered the spread of the good news so that Every soul must here the word of God, because the gospel is being preached everywhere and every time. Everyone must have heard the gospel at a point in their life. Rejecting the Gospel means choosing eternal death.

4) which of the scriptures is to be trusted?
The bible is the book that contains the scriptures, and it is the authentic material for spiritual growth in the word of God. It contains the Old testament and the New testament, The two sections play different rows in our Christian life but the new testament is the one that has the Power to becoming one of God's Children through Jesus Christ. In in you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

I pray that God's turns your life around towards our savior Jesus Christ in whom we have everything we need both in the present life and the life after. I urge you to receive Jesus into your life by believing that He came and died for your sake and freedom from the hold of sin and bondage of the enemy, and that He is the only one who overcame death by resurrecting after three days. If you can open your mouth and call His name asking Him to come into your life, He will come in and save you now and for ever. Received and be saved. Remain blessed.
3. Those who reject the Gospel, along with those who never hear it , remain condemned to die the same Death that Adam was punished with. That is what Jesus Christ said in John 3 vs 16 - 21. undecided

4. God never asked men to put their trust in a book , not even a book called the Bible written and complied by the hands of men. No, God even made clear in Jeremiah 17 vs 5 that those who put there trust in men and the things of men are instead cursed. Only those who put their trust in God will be blessed - Jeremiah 17 vs 6 undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by theopeace: 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
Some of us are confused about the ways of God especially when situation is not working in our favor. Just note this, everything about this earth has nothing to do with human beings such as events and situations but mainly about Himself(God). HE does everything to please himself. Just try and focus on God and why HE created you and the universe, then you will have answers to so many questions bordering your mind.
As regard human life, human spirit lives for ever, that is why money retualist usually look for human parts so as to engage the spirit of that person in bringing money. Likewise, remember the case of Saul and Prophet Samuel how they called his spirit. Again, in some certain culture even in Nigeria, they engage the spirit of a dead person especially when the situation around his death appears suspicious. Again, I heard about a photographer who can get the picture of your grandparents provided you know their burial ground.......I will be back
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by zaxbash: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hello good day house...i was a muslim, and i was born into a muslim family, my parent are very religious people so we i had islamic knowledge at early age. Two years ago in had a conversation with a friend of mine who is christian and who was like :assuming ur parent are christian or tradional worshipers you will follow there line' then i start brainstoming on this i get to realise i need to find who the truely God is . so I start a comparative analysis of the bible, qur an and budhis.
Bible ;-Revelation 14 v 6-7 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people.7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory,because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who madethe heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.
From this verse the bible clearly state that there is another gospel after that of prophet Jesus.
The qur'an:-Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradiction”

[an-Nisa’ 4:82].
Mah the lord guide us
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Goodnigga: 12:05am On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
Science did not say everything has a cause, that’s your own version of distorting fact to suit your argument.

Even if god exist, there’s about 1 in 4,200 probability that it’s the Christian God.
obviously, you are not a scientist, of which I am, secondly, read Einstein work on relativity and big bang theory too. Christian God? The Christian God is the universal God not because of religion but being a researcher all universal laws conform to the expressions of the bible.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Jul 02, 2021
theopeace:
Some of us are confused about the ways of God especially when situation is not working in our favor. Just note this, everything about this earth has nothing to do with human beings such as events and situations but mainly about Himself(God). HE does everything to please himself. Just try and focus on God and why HE created you and the universe, then you will have answers to so many questions bordering your mind.
As regard human life, human spirit lives for ever, that is why money retualist usually look for human parts so as to engage the spirit of that person in bringing money. Likewise, remember the case of Saul and Prophet Samuel how they called his spirit. Again, in some certain culture even in Nigeria, they engage the spirit of a dead person especially when the situation around his death appears suspicious. Again, I heard about a photographer who can get the picture of your grandparents provided you know their burial ground.......I will be back
1. How can you focus on that which confuses you, that which you do not know? undecided

2. How can the human spirit live forever? Are you saying that when God condemned men to perish in their graves for their unbelief, God lied, this in Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19? undecided

According to God's Old Covenant Law, those who obeyed God received Eternal life whereas those who rejected Him were cursed to perish in their graves like Adam aka Death - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 30. . Samuel was a righteous man by the Old Covenant who gained Life(eternal life) as a result of being righteous. Why read it mean all humans are eternal? undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 12:15am On Jul 02, 2021
zaxbash:
Hello good day house...i was a muslim, and i was born into a muslim family, my parent are very religious people so we i had islamic knowledge at early age. Two years ago in had a conversation with a friend of mine who is christian and who was like :assuming ur parent are christian or tradional worshipers you will follow there line' then i start brainstoming on this i get to realise i need to find who the truely God is . so[b] I start a comparative analysis of the bible, qur an and budhis.
Bible[/b] ;-

Revelation 14 v 6-7 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people.7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory,because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who madethe heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.

From this verse the bible clearly state that there is another gospel after that of prophet Jesus.
The qur'an:-Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradiction”

[an-Nisa’ 4:82].
Mah the lord guide us
1. You want us to believe that you did a comparative analysis of the quran and the Bible and you landed on something only from reading from a book a man wrote of a dream/vision he had? You are kidding right? undecided

How does the word "eternal" translate to the word "another"? undecided

You need to go sleep abeg!
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Jul 02, 2021
justicechichex:
There's nothing confusing about God and the scriptures. There's a big difference between HELL and HELLFIRE. The former is common grave of mankind we know (6 ft), even Jesus Christ the son of God went there (Acts 2:31). Hellfire on the other hand is not biblical teaching as it is not found anywhere in the Bible. This teaching of hellfire goes beyond the very characteristics or personality of God Almighty which is LOVE.
Let me guess, you are a JW, am I right? And the only reason I ask is because I notice they tend to be stuck on terms a lot more than the rest. It's almost as if it is part of the training to not be able to get past certain words or something. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by 0dav2(m): 12:24am On Jul 02, 2021
tujays:
Like I said most over religious people lacks what is called logic. not more than 200 years ago, Christianity was brought to Nigerians and The people that introduced that religion to you don't practice it as much in the present day. they practice realistics. what makes you think you understood a borrowed religion more than the borrower? You see this is the reason why our society is in a mess. you claim to know Christ and yet very wicked and hateful towards your neighbors. when last did you help someone in need near you? brother Christianity, Islam whatever are all man made. seek the true god within you and you will see clearly.
enemies come and sow tare ,the truth we know
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by obmade: 1:20am On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
The Christian description of a god is laughable, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.

Do you suppose that reality is the only plane where existence resides?

Do you suppose that your reality is the same as across other dimensions?

Who created the different planes? Are there beings that are capable of moving between planes of existence? Who regulates what happens within and around planes, managing who is able to cross planes and who isn't?

Who ensures and guarantees balance within and around all of these? Who? Or are all these simply arbitrary events?

“The map is not the territory”!

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Phiniter(m): 2:03am On Jul 02, 2021
webhead:
Then how do you explain miracles.

what do you call miracles? buying if cars and building houses?

countries with no affiliation to your sky daddy have better houses and cars than you...

there's nothing exclusive to you. even our forefathers before the advent of the missionaries were going into the forest to face wild animals and come back alive. they gave birth, the ate etc, things you consider miracles today...

religion is the biggest scam ever perpetuated
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Phiniter(m): 2:06am On Jul 02, 2021
obmade:

Do you suppose that reality is the only plane where existence resides?

Do you suppose that your reality is the same as across other dimensions?

Who created the different planes? Are there beings that are capable of moving between planes of existence? Who regulates what happens within and around planes, managing who is able to cross planes and who isn't?

Who ensures and guarantees balance within and around all of these? Who? Or are all these simply arbitrary events?

“The map is not the territory”!

when you can access those other planes of existence then you can investigate. if you find yourself in this particular realm, then you belong here leave the spirits to worry about crossing whatever imaginary planes you think they transcend
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Phiniter(m): 2:11am On Jul 02, 2021
Goodnigga:
obviously, you are not a scientist, of which I am, secondly, read Einstein work on relativity and big bang theory too. Christian God? The Christian God is the universal God not because of religion but being a researcher all universal laws conform to the expressions of the bible.

what kind of scientist are you? religious engineering?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Jul 02, 2021
blahc007:

Baba....the basics of the Christian Life is the death and resurrection of Christ and what these two event brought us into....this is not a man made doctrine bro...to get answers to the plenty questions in your head about God, start from the foundation which I have stated above....that's exactly what I offered him.... "Jesus died and saved you"
From here other answers will be unraveled.
I know many believers who have dabbled into spiritism and other strange things, trying to answer questions higher than them...
We grow into this things man....there are sure answers to your questions...but start with Getting your self filled with the knowledge of what Christ came to do first...the old testament will now be revealed with time.
The reason I can't stop believing God's existence is because I have experienced him physically and spiritually...no be by theory.
Ok. So my one question to you then is this, what did Jesus Christ save you from, this by His death and resurrection? undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Olaideolayemi(m): 3:23am On Jul 02, 2021
The poster is heading to darkness..if he didn't changed is mindset.. Devil and evil as working on his soul.. Everything about life and death are very clear on Earth..Your understanding of God words and believed..Will show more light to you.. Life and death are spiritually,If you want to know about them..Go to spiritually..You will understand many.. Saying this trash..Is your confusion to life and death. You better repentance.. before many things will happened to you.. You will just think,Is ordinarily mere words,but a big sin to God and humanity..
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 3:31am On Jul 02, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
The poster is heading to darkness..if he didn't changed is mindset.. Devil and evil as working on his soul.. Everything about life and death are very clear on Earth..Your understanding of God words and believed..Will show more light to you.. Life and death are spiritually,If you want to know about them..Go to spiritually..You will understand many.. Saying this trash..Is your confusion to life and death. You better repentance.. before many things will happened to you.. You will just think,Is ordinarily mere words,but a big sin to God and humanity..
All he has done here is admit that he is not convinced by the lie he has been fed by your Mogs. What sin has he committed? undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by blahc007: 5:05am On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok. So my one question to you then is this, what did Jesus Christ save you from, this by His death and resurrection? undecided
When I see a question tending to long argument...I do know it.
When I see question meant for mockery...I know it...
When I see a question coming from a curious mind...I know it.
Baba...you are already too intelligent bro....I would have loved to give you an answer with the intention to teach you...but your first quote alone tells me you are not teach able...
Then the emoji you used on this last quote tells me your intentions...

Let me run away before we use argument litter another person's tread..cause I see it coming already
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by oluwafeolami(m): 5:18am On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
The Christian concept of a god has failed all test and if everyone should be sincere, we know he doesn’t exist. They are just trying hard to hold on to the lies in the stories by concocting more lies.

The Christian description of a god is laughable

, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.

Bro, I like this write up. But u can’t change the gullible Christians and Muslims who believe religion is a moral way of life and a gate pass to heaven direct.
I believe having a good character and doing good supersedes religion.

Why must u preach Jesus to me at all cost and telling me without believing in him I’m going to hell and I begin to wonder that what about those who ain’t Christians, so God created iraq, Iran, Dubai, Tunisia, plus so many various muslim countries only for him to burn them in hell at the last day cos they don’t believe in Jesus, now my question is what will be Gods gain in burning them all? Did we ask GOD to create us and make us suffer here in Nigeria and after all these stress I will still go and burn in hell abi? Lols religious fanatics are clowns.

My dad is a pastor and I asked him one day that if all those who don’t Belive in Jesus go to hell, where is his own father now who was my grandfather ? Is he burning in hell too cos he was an ifa worshipper till death? Guess what bro, my father couldn’t give an answer lol.

God exists I know but dont use religion as a yard stick, cos it’s just a figment of our imagination

2 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 5:25am On Jul 02, 2021
blahc007:

When I see a question tending to long argument...I do know it.
When I see question meant for mockery...I know it...
When I see a question coming from a curious mind...I know it.
Baba...you are already too intelligent bro....I would have loved to give you an answer with the intention to teach you...but your first quote alone tells me you are not teach able...
Then the emoji you used on this last quote tells me your intentions...

Let me run away before we use argument litter another person's tread..cause I see it coming already
Wow... you didn't shy away from almost writing an epistle, this rather than provide an answer to what ought to be a simple question. undecided

You told someone that he should focus on Jesus Christ saving him and the logical question that should follow is from what are we saved from. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by keppler: 5:33am On Jul 02, 2021
Phiniter:

countries with no affiliation to your sky daddy have better houses and cars than you...

there's nothing exclusive to you. even our forefathers before the advent of the missionaries were going into the forest to face wild animals and come back alive. they gave birth, the ate etc, things you consider miracles today...

religion is the biggest scam ever perpetuated

I wished you had allowed him to explain what he calls miracle before you used your own definition to refute him. Of course, the second line becomes a straw man if that is not his definition of miracles.
Then, I laugh when I see wannabe atheist use the LEARNED WORD "sky daddy", that is another strawman. No Christian believes in a sky daddy. It is more reasonable to engage an opponent's argument truthfully.

You seem to elucidate on your definition of miracle but this again is another strawman from a Christian perspective. Most of us see the natural workings of the universe (such as breathing, reproduction, gravity, workings of physical constants, etc) as common way through which God upholds his creation and see miracles (such as parting the red sea, or the various events in the medical field which are beyond the reach of that field) as SPECIAL way (for specific purposes) through which God upholds his creation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) / How God Delivered Me From Self-service / Christian Women Show Off Amazing Dance Steps While Dancing To 'Overdose' Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.