Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:03 AM

Confused! - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Confused! (22147 Views)

What Should I Do? I'm Confused / Boy Shows His Zanku Legwork, Gbe Body Dance Moves, People Confused About His Age / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 11:47am On Jul 03, 2021
Nonexistent1:
Be here doing enlightened men. My professor uncle is now homeless in UK because his wife took everything from him. Before you started your "enlightenment", he had been a professor at Uniport before relocating to UK. A known medical doctor in US from Orlu in my state had his medical license suspended because his wife lied that he abused her. His license was recently reinstated after the daughter of Jezebel confided in her friend that she lied not knowing that her friend recorded her call and would later betray her because they were fighting over a manfriend. Meanwhile the doctor had suffered for almost 3years. Be there doing "enlightened man" and getting accolades from daughters of Jezebel in this thread until you get entangled with them and they destroy you. Most of them ranting here are either expired evening newspapers or frustrated housewives that married old men because of money. Flee from them and their praises.
All these are stories. Your professor uncle married a terrible woman.

Just because your uncle or Nigerian men with African mindsets are losing or getting exploited abroad does not make ALL WOMEN horrible. There will always be terrible ones. It is the same with men.

The koko is to pray that you end up with a good woman that will love you effortlessly. Heck, if SOME OF THESE MEN abroad treated their wives as humans, partners or mates and not some prized trophies, perhaps they won't lose their life's work.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Confused! by pocohantas(f): 11:47am On Jul 03, 2021
Sanchez01:

The issue with most of those who parade themselves as red pillers are misogynists who found the perfect tent to mask their hate. It would surprise you to know most of them are the total opposite of what they parade themselves to be online.

They might be that way offline. Let’s not rule out the presence of mad people in reality. How someone would think it is okay for a man to lock out his wife and baby is beyond me.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Confused! by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 03, 2021
Ishilove:

You are so bitter. Last last na woman you go marry and you will have daughters. Internet warrior
Is that your prayers? It won't work. I have decided that any day a woman gives me daughter of Jezebel as child, I will use her for money ritual. By the way, when I am ready to have my son, I will have him without getting married to any olosho as wife.
Re: Confused! by mariahAngel(f): 11:54am On Jul 03, 2021
SEASON 3!!!
Re: Confused! by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 03, 2021
Sanchez01:

All these are stories. Your professor uncle married a terrible woman.

Just because your uncle or Nigerian men with African mindsets are losing or getting exploited abroad does not make ALL WOMEN horrible. There will always be terrible ones. It is the same with men.

The koko is to pray that you end up with a good woman that will love you effortlessly. Heck, if SOME OF THESE MEN abroad treated their wives as humans, partners or mates and not some prized trophies, perhaps they won't lose their life's work.
People with this your mentality usually end up having premium tears. Well it's none of my business.
Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2021
Ishilove:

Are you minding them? They come online to rant at females when they get burned for their carelessness and poor choices. They have bastardized the meaning of 'redpill' with their misogyny.
My joy is that all their rants start and end online, compared their seniors in civilised countries who started the movement. I found the RedPpill philosophy interesting at some point that I got to read about what it truly means and the materials ended up confirming my fears; these guys are staunch misogynists and the "movement" is rooted in male supremacy. A dangerous one! The most extreme Red Pillers even believe rejection by a female is an act of test and that all women love to be raped: https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/internet/2017/02/reddit-the-red-pill-interview-how-misogyny-spreads-online

It is a very terrible school of thought and my strong opinion on it is that only those with dysfunctional mindsets will embrace the Red Pill theory.

https://www.newamerica.org/political-reform/reports/misogynist-incels-and-male-supremacism/red-pill-to-black-pill/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2021
pocohantas:

They might be that way offline. Let’s not rule out the presence of mad people in reality. How someone would think it is okay for a man to lock out his wife and baby is beyond me.
The emboldened is not actually a product of misogyny. People who grew up in dysfunctional homes are more likely not to see anything wrong in the despicable act.

2 Likes

Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2021
Nonexistent1:
People with this your mentality usually end up having premium tears. Well it's none of my business.
And I thought you had strong points on the discourse. You are not just worth my time. Happy weekend!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by pocohantas(f): 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sanchez01:

The emboldened is not actually a product of misogyny. People who grew up in dysfunctional homes are more likely not to see anything wrong in the despicable act.

Not all homes are homes. The average Nigerian has issues o, that is why they keep perpetuating this cycle of abuse on their partners, house-helps and even their kids.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confused! by limcar: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
Ishilove:

Are you minding them? They come online to rant at females when they get burned for their carelessness and poor choices. They have bastardized the meaning of 'redpill' with their misogyny.
What is the difference between these toxic redpillers you quibble about and your fellow men hating sisters parading themselves as feminists.

2 Likes

Re: Confused! by Karleb(m): 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sanchez01:

My joy is...

Red pillism is cruise. Only funny people take it to heart.

Same can be said of feminism, I hope your feminists friends will agree.

There is a form of truth in every philosophy though.
Re: Confused! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sanchez01:

No be only dysfunctional. I've read books written by people like buchi emecheta and chinua Achebe and beating and abuse of women was seen as a norm. It is not dysfunctionality it's primitivity. Most Africans are primitive simple and short.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
limcar:
What is the difference between these toxic redpillers you quibble about and your fellow men hating sisters parading themselves as feminists.
Don't mind them brother. A daughter of Jezebel just made the post below but they all pretend not to have seen it. They have suddenly found love in Sanchez and even apologizing to him after they have insulted all men. Talk of hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: Confused! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Nonexistent1:
Is that your prayers? It won't work. I have decided that any day a woman gives me daughter of Jezebel as child, I will use her for money ritual. By the way, when I am ready to have my son, I will have him without getting married to any olosho as wife.
gringringrin this one is obviously bitter useless fool.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by Karleb(m): 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
limcar:

When you look at it, red pillism is the male form of feminism.

People tend to try to make sense of feminism as opposed to red pillism because of the female power, or should I say because women attract pity.

The CEO and the side chick that killed him is a typical case study.

1 Like

Re: Confused! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
Nonexistent1:
Don't mind them brother. A daughter of Jezebel just made the post below but they all pretend not to have seen it. They have suddenly found love in Sanchez and even apologizing to him after they have insulted all men. Talk of hypocrisy.
And even people of her gender are calling her to order you brainless imp. Your parents should have used your school fees to buy fridge instead of spending it on a useless monkey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by jFrankNorfleet: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
larryjonze:

madam, i am a nigerian man buh these is not an assumption, toke desires marriages if you are following her on SM you for know.
Many times we've seen Dj cuppy moan about marriage, she even went as far as doing photoshop pre-wedding shoot. you can't see a man do all that.
Who could have thot king tonto dikeh herself will still be famzing a man, or did you miss that.
after all the gbogbo biggs gurl we saw aunty toyin lawani do introduction with a man.
All these ladies have money & properties, if they can chase men, abeg who are you?

Is the ps3 you advertised still up for sale?
Re: Confused! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
Karleb:

When you look at it, red pillism is the male form of feminism.

People tend to try to make sense of feminism as opposed to red pillism because of the female power, or should I say because women attract pity.

The CEO and the side chick that killed him is a typical case study.
Bros there's an obvious difference between the two. Feminism is simply against gender inequality forget about the senseless extremists yarning nonsense all round the world, they are and were still sensible ones like Simone de Beauvoir, but red pillism (as you put it) doesnt concern women, it's more of an individualist approach but has been bastardised by misogynists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
Karleb:

Red pillism is cruise. Only funny people take it to heart.

Same can be said of feminism, I hope your feminists friends will agree.

There is a form of truth in every philosophy though.
Maybe in Nigeria but it is a big deal in the US. There's a dedicated section for it on Reddit and over 200,000 topics on Red Pill are in the section.

Feminism borne out of misandry, for me, is no feminism but similar to some males masking their women hate behind Red Pilling.

Ideally, we should all be feminists. The major problem with champions of this cause is that they don't know which type of feminism they practice. I align with the philosophy of fourth wave feminism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by pocohantas(f): 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2021
I dey like when redpillers quote man wey strong pass them. Let me just carry chair and sit here.

Sanchez 28… Redpillers -57

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
larryjonze:

madam, i am a nigerian man buh these is not an assumption, toke desires marriages if you are following her on SM you for know.
Many times we've seen Dj cuppy moan about marriage, she even went as far as doing photoshop pre-wedding shoot. you can't see a man do all that.
Who could have thot king tonto dikeh herself will still be famzing a man, or did you miss that.
after all the gbogbo biggs gurl we saw aunty toyin lawani do introduction with a man.
All these ladies have money & properties, if they can chase men, abeg who are you?
Knockout. grin
Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
SegFault:

No be only dysfunctional. I've read books written by people like buchi emecheta and chinua Achebe and beating and abuse of women was seen as a norm. It is not dysfunctionality it's primitivity. Most Africans are primitive simple and short.
I disagree. As a student of literature, I can boldy state that Buchi Emecheta championed feminism, however from a subtle viewpoint. Although she said it severally that she isn't a feminist but one who works towards the "liberalisation" of women. That's just semantics if you ask me.

Interestingly, all her works points and supports third wave feminism.

2 Likes

Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
SegFault:

Bros there's an obvious difference between the two. Feminism is simply against gender equality forget about the senseless extremists yarning nonsense all round the world, they are and were still sensible ones like Simone de Beauvoir, but red pillism (as you put it) doesnt concern women, it's more of an individualist approach but has been bastardised by misogynists.
True this. However, Red Pilling in itself is rooted in men supremacy and misogyny. See it as the KKK of genders.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
pocohantas:
I dey like when redpillers quote man wey strong pass them. Let me just carry chair and sit here.

Sanchez 28… Redpillers -57

grin grin
Why do you like trouble this much? grin
Re: Confused! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sanchez01:

I disagree. As a student of literature, I can boldy state that Buchi Emecheta championed feminism, however from a subtle viewpoint. Although she said it severally that she isn't a feminist but one who works towards the "liberalisation" of women. That's just semantics if you ask me.

I know she did, but beating of women wasn't looked down on then, it's just at the beginning of this millennium that change started coming but e never reach everybody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by pocohantas(f): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sanchez01:

Any normal liberalist would come off as a feminist. So, I quite understand her works being feminist, whereas she doesn’t identify as one. Here on Nairaland, you can be a feminist, simp or a wife-material. It all depends on how well you can stroke the egos of certain individuals.

Sanchez01:

Why do you like trouble this much? grin

Na the work wey I dey do. Wetin dey worry me pass feminism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by Karleb(m): 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2021
Boy. Girl.
Man. Woman.
Male. Female.
Moderate Red Pillism. Moderate Feminism.
Extreme Red Pillism. Extreme Feminism.

That's just how it is. The only edge feminism has is, it's more acceptable because it started out good.
Re: Confused! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sanchez01:

True this. However, Red Pilling in itself is rooted in men supremacy and misogyny. See it as the KKK of genders.
Bros I won't call it red pillism cause I've done research on it. Most of those who call themselves red pillers are simply misogynists, it's just like how the Nazis hid under the skinhead subculture to perpetuate all sorts of evil. Red pill ideology simply means enlightening yourself and seeking the truth not bashing women and revolving your whole life around your hate for women.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2021
pocohantas:

Any normal liberalist would come off as a feminist. So, I quite understand her works being feminist, whereas she doesn’t identify as one. Here on Nairaland, you can be a feminist, simp or a wife-material. It all depends on how well you can stroke the egos of certain individuals.
Lol! The emboldened is so true. Unfortunately, the wife material tag is subjective o. What someone wants in a woman might not necessarily be the same another wants in a woman. The standard is not set in stone but I get what you are implying.

Na the work wey I dey do. Wetin dey worry me pass feminism.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confused! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
jFrankNorfleet:

Is the ps3 you advertised still up for sale?

Do you know how i can take that post down ... sold.
Re: Confused! by Karleb(m): 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sanchez01:

Ideally, we should all be feminists.

I disagree with this sha.

We don't need to be a feminist to treat a woman or a man right.
Re: Confused! by Sanchez01: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
Karleb:
Boy. Girl.
Man. Woman.
Male. Female.
Moderate Red Pillism. Moderate Feminism.
Extreme Red Pillism. Extreme Feminism.

That's just how it is. The only edge feminism has is, it's more acceptable because it started out good.

I think I still see this comparison as a basis for genderism. Feminism originally started out good as you rightly noted and still remains so. Chimamanda is a Nigerian, married yet she's a feminist. That should tell us something. Most females who take on feminism today do so after going through some horrible situation in the hands of a man. That's just a masked misandry. Feminist coalition; Moe, Kiki Mordi, Ulxma, etc are nothing but misandrists championing feminism in Nigeria, particularly on Twitter.

However, they are not the standard for feminism in the first place. I am liberal yet believe in Meritocracy, which is why I don't believe in some of the equal rights campaigns of feminists, particularly as it pertains to workplaces. If you qualify for a role, you should get it, irrespective of your gender. Simple. But protesting or creating awareness so that power will be dropped on your laps is nonsensical to me.

In the home, I think men should be human and sensible enough not to leave home chores to their wife in the name of being a man.

However, rape, bodyshaming, slut shaming and heaping societal pressures on women just because they are women are the main focus of fourth wave feminism, which I greatly align with.

Red Pillism might have its origin from Neo's Red Pill in The Matrix. What it represents isn't even close to why feminism started out.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Why Are Relatives Always Jealous Of One's Success? / Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards / A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.