Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend (42749 Views)

UNDERCOVER: Inside Lagos Drug Dens Where The Police Is ‘your Friend’ / Angry Protest Against Chidinma, Says Police Is Taking It Too Lightly With Her / How Old Were You When You Knew That The Word POLICE Is An Acronym? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by OsusTroller: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
Grupo:
A police officer once said these exact words to me "look at you, you fit be my junior brother age mate and you dey drive car. Yet I dey here dey carry iron (referring to his gun) from morning till night. You must find me something before you go."

I had to give him 500 naira before he let me go.
Woe betide him.
Don't he get paid (salary) monthly?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by mastertek: 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2021
Who is government? Who is police?.

Even civil servant is government, it's not necessary, politicians, executive or legislative arm of government

GIANTPLUSHUB:
Mheen! For this to be coming from the popular ISHILOVE herself! Wahala done wear kokoshoe ooo! Sorry ISHILOVE!

I was explaining to someone that the betterment of this country isn't the government jobs alone. The citizens themselves like the police have alot to do to rebrand themselves. This clearly explains it. Next time, be on the lookout and vigilant to avoid any implanting of whatever object. But, this trick done tey ooooo! It's good for it to be on Frontpage again anyway so as for more people to be aware.
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by tutudesz: 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mannabbqisgay:

Indeed. I'll set that up as soon as I have some spare cash.
If you have excess cash, I advise you install 6 cam like this. 1 facing the front, 1 facing the back and 4 facing your doors shocked been saved from different views from LASTMA/Police

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by KingofHearts(m): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Always make sure that only one officer searches your vehicle...
Please don't ever let another officer to start searching from the other side where your eyes are not reaching..
Just plead with him earnestly to stop his own search and allow only the officer in front of you to do the whole searching.

Best and bankable information!! Never ever allow more than one person search..Never!!!

Join telegram group for financial support .make the other half of the year count.https:// t. me/ financialsupportgroup
Https:// t. me /financialsupportgroup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by AfroKnight: 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
Baawaa:
They are our great enemies because they are arm robbers in uniforms,I hate them with passion

I will never help/rescue a Nigerian policeman/policewoman even if it my refusal will make me lose good business. I’d rather lose it than help them.

Police that arrested one landlord as a murder suspect because he called the same officers to come and force his tenants door open after he perceived a bad odour coming out of the apartment. The policemen broke the door, discovered the corpse and turned around and arrested the baba as a suspect. They extorted him as usual. They saw an opportunity to make money.

The police is the most dishonest criminal group in Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Reference(m): 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2021
It is the price you pay for not seeing the democratic process of protests through to a logical and socially satisfactory conclusion whereby the government throws in the towel and makes real reforms.

But in the SARS protests both the police and their daddy government were on the back foot till the citizens out of fear blinked first and the capitulated and I did warn of the dire consequences of not taking the full dose of medications for intractable diseases.

Yes, those diseases come back reinforced and more dangerous. The Nigeria police since the flunked SARS protests has been doing its own strategic planning and devilish devising, so Nigerians should brace for a full blow back.

We will all learn by force what it takes to build a proper society. There is no free liberty since Jesus died on the cross. Someone has to pay.

12 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by techWriter2: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
I thought Everybody is aware of this tactic dammn
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by cooltola(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
These Olopas have made driving in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria an unpleasant able experience, the ways they extort money is beyond embarrassing. You cannot drive in peace without looking over your shoulder
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Mannabbqisgay: 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
tutudesz:

If you have excess cash, I advise you install 6 cam like this. 1 facing the front, 1 facing the back and 4 facing your doors shocked been saved from different views from LASTMA/Police

Is that price right? Are they that cheap?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Heybeedee(m): 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
Antoeni:
See why
Lol....officer must show me d two o
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Sanchez01: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
The Nigeria Police Force is disaster personified. Strangely, I have a couple of uncles as senior police officers and they unfortunately inherited the hatred I have for the rogues in black.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Remman(m): 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
The Nigerian police is the true image of a Nigerian given the authority to carry arms. It's in all of us. Trust me, if you become one, you won't do any different.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Ibrosavage(m): 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
Yes.

Armed robber is your friend and police is your enemy grin

Rozcol:
Is there any difference between a Nigerian police and armed robbers?

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by macho44(m): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ishilove:
I have never been a fan of the Nigerian police because of several unsavory personal experiences with them. I have made this known several times on this forum, and one time a police officer Nairalander reached out to me privately to let me know that the despite the bad eggs in the Force, good ones still exist. Although I remain unconvinced (worse now more than ever), I still maintain a cordial relationship with this person.

This afternoon, my SO was stopped by the men in black at Underbridge on the road that leads to Guiness, Oba Akran road, Ikeja. They pulled him over and proceeded to do a 'thorough search' of the vehicle. Surprise surprise, what did they find at the corner of the door of the driver's side?

Yep, you guessed right. Colorado, aka Cannabis, aka advanced SK or whatever allied street adjective is given to this brand of illegal stimulant.

This is someone who has does not even fraternize with people who smoke this nonsense, neither has he smoked this in his life. He hardly even gives people lifts so where did this stick of Igbo come from?

You are right again. Our friendly Nigerian Police Officers dropped it there for the usual hydra headed purposes of extortion, intimidation, theft, thievery, harassment etcetera etcetera.

They handcuffed this innocent young man like a common criminal, and one of them nearly slapped him, but when the officer noticed his unruffled demeanour and almost maniacally calm laughter, they realised that perhaps, just,perhaps they were messing with the wrong candidate.

A took a call from higher quarters before he was released after hours of embarrassment and being shackled like a thief who stole the neighbourhood goat.

Now my question is what would have happened if he did not have contacts that he could reach out to? He would have been hauled off to jail and milked dry. There are so many innocent people in cells languishing because the people who have sworn to serve and protect them have betrayed them.

The Nigerian Police is NOT YOUR FRIEND. When they pull you over and want to search your vehicle, be VERY vigilant. If possible you latch their hands to yours so that all of you will search together in case they want to be unfortunate. Many of them plant illegal substances in people's vehicles and living quarters so that they can have an avenue to extort and harass them, and woe betides you if you don't have either connection or money to bail yourself.

THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!

Nigerian Police Force, very unfriendly set of Uniformed ROGUES. There is nothing FRIENDLY about them. Very CORRUPT , ANTI-HUMAN and [url=freetoolshub.com]BUHARI-LIKE[/url] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by tutudesz: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mannabbqisgay:

Is that price right? Are they that cheap?
Yeah on jumia + delivery money is sperate. Promo price for now
https://www./generic-mini-cube-camera-1080p-hd-ir-night-vision-120-wide-angle-64153466.html
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
Normally before you allow a police search you, you, you should first search the police

That's how it's done

But what do I know...?

6 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by FakeUnity: 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ishilove:
I have never been a fan of the Nigerian police because of several unsavory personal experiences with them. I have made this known several times on this forum, and one time a police officer Nairalander reached out to me privately to let me know that the despite the bad eggs in the Force, good ones still exist. Although I remain unconvinced (worse now more than ever), I still maintain a cordial relationship with this person.

This afternoon, my SO was stopped by the men in black at Underbridge on the road that leads to Guiness, Oba Akran road, Ikeja. They pulled him over and proceeded to do a 'thorough search' of the vehicle. Surprise surprise, what did they find at the corner of the door of the driver's side?

Yep, you guessed right. Colorado, aka Cannabis, aka advanced SK or whatever allied street adjective is given to this brand of illegal stimulant.

This is someone who has does not even fraternize with people who smoke this nonsense, neither has he smoked this in his life. He hardly even gives people lifts so where did this stick of Igbo come from?

You are right again. Our friendly Nigerian Police Officers dropped it there for the usual hydra headed purposes of extortion, intimidation, theft, thievery, harassment etcetera etcetera.

They handcuffed this innocent young man like a common criminal, and one of them nearly slapped him, but when the officer noticed his unruffled demeanour and almost maniacally calm laughter, they realised that perhaps, just,perhaps they were messing with the wrong candidate.

A took a call from higher quarters before he was released after hours of embarrassment and being shackled like a thief who stole the neighbourhood goat.

Now my question is what would have happened if he did not have contacts that he could reach out to? He would have been hauled off to jail and milked dry. There are so many innocent people in cells languishing because the people who have sworn to serve and protect them have betrayed them.

The Nigerian Police is NOT YOUR FRIEND. When they pull you over and want to search your vehicle, be VERY vigilant. If possible you latch their hands to yours so that all of you will search together in case they want to be unfortunate. Many of them plant illegal substances in people's vehicles and living quarters so that they can have an avenue to extort and harass them, and woe betides you if you don't have either connection or money to bail yourself.

THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!

The reason why they have continued planting contrabands into people's vehicle is because when you call higher powers and they let you off the hook, you simply go away without finding a way to let them a heavy price while they continue their criminality and latch on to the next victim who is 'connected'. If possible make them pay with their lives the way UGM and Eastern youths have done.

They can't try this in the north, they can't try it again in the East anymore. This is why no matter how some want us to hate Nnamdi Kanu- I'll keep loving him more and name my unborn son after him. That man single-handedly dismantled illegal police checkpoints in the East. They have now turned to the SW as their only source of revenue. grin

6 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Lovelyperson(m): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2021
This country is finished
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Milito: 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I have a dash cam, I just turned it inwards. wink

Abeg do you stock dash cam?
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Bahamas95(m): 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
They are not my friend and they will never be my friend, not even in my dream.

Useless people!

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by engrben25: 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
they have started searching phone
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Crazychris: 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
I hate those witches in black uniform with passion. Take away Nigerian police and see 50% Nigerian problems solved

I will rather be with arm robber than with Nigerian police
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by obyrich(m): 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
EponOjuku:
Someone gave a police officer a lift and the police officer dropped a bullet in the car. The guy saw it immediately the policeman alighted and he immediately threw it away.

On continuation of his journey, he was pulled over by the Policemen on the checkpoint and they went straight to where the bullet was, but they didn't find it. They searched and searched but didn't find it. They were looking at him but couldn't say a word.
Lol. As a rule, I don't give anybody in uniform lift. They are all criminals looking for an opportunity to attack. That's how I view them. I don't keep them as friends. They are traitors.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Milito: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
tutudesz:

Do they have their own internal HD drive?
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Theunbothered: 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
Grupo:
A police officer once said these exact words to me "look at you, you fit be my junior brother age mate and you dey drive car. Yet I dey here dey carry iron (referring to his gun) from morning till night. You must find me something before you go."

I had to give him 500 naira before he let me go.

He is taking out his anger on the wrong person grin

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Mannabbqisgay: 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
tutudesz:

Yeah on jumia + delivery money is sperate. Promo price for now
https://www./generic-mini-cube-camera-1080p-hd-ir-night-vision-120-wide-angle-64153466.html

Nice. I'm on it

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by tutudesz: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2021
Milito:

Do they have their own internal HD drive?
No SD cards up to 36g will work on it, that like 10-15 hours of recording
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2021

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by austinfan4love(m): 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
How the hell did u knw they dropped the Damm weed there,,,,and u that u are not currupt,,why we're u looking for sm1 high up there to call so that your said brother can be released,,,was the search carried out in his presence or absence,,,useless people looking for useless pity,,,
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
Be vigilant and observant cos the police are out there like wounded lions seeking whom to devour.
Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by ceeceeuwa: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
Rozcol:
Is there any difference between a Nigerian police and armed robbers?
No difference at all!

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Police Is Not Your Friend by ultimateprof: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
I don't really know the difference between Nigeria and hell �.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Abolarinwa Olaoye Who Committed Suicide In Ekiti Secretariat / Man Stabbed To Death For Accusing Neighbor Of Sleeping With Co-Tenant's Wife / Businessman Shot Dead By Gunmen In Imo Months After His Wedding. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.