Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Mothers Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers Please (971 Views)

Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. / Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. / Mothers Please Talk To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Please by queenex(f): 9:51am On May 09, 2011
mothers in da house plz am a first-time moda,nid ur candid advice on dis 1) my baby is 8mths now,i feed him wit only pap mixed with SMA gold n also give him breast milk,is dt alone ok? i dont add any oda food for him o except water 2)he sits bt hasnt crawled,is it ok? plz say some thing
Re: Mothers Please by ada24: 10:28am On May 09, 2011
u should have started weaning at 4-6 months - 7 months latest if baby was premature.

baby cannot live on milk alone at this age as they need additional vitamins and minerals.

start of with fruit and veg and baby rice and baby cereal. please try not to add any salt or sugar to baby food. hope this helps.
Re: Mothers Please by LadyT(f): 10:35am On May 09, 2011
Im not a mother yet but please bosom is best you are doing the right thing but start introducing some solid food like rice, banana, soft yam etc.  Some First borns are lazy they take long to walk. Theres nothing wrong with your baby.

Some mothers bosom feed up to one year or more so there is nothing wrong with that but start giving baby some solid food
Re: Mothers Please by zayhal(f): 4:59pm On May 09, 2011
Babies reach their developmental milestones at different times, so the 1st thing you should always have in mind is not to compare your baby with any other.

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with your baby as long as he/she has started sitting up. some babies take their time before doing these things- crawling, walking etc and some even jump some milestones, for example, some babies don't get to crawl before they start walking.

On the diet, I don't think you and your baby are doing badly in this area as well. You're doing a good job with breastfeeding. Please continue doing this till at least the 1st birthday. If he/she doeasn't cry often as a sign of hunger then you may continue with the pap and milk but if he/she always seem hungry, then you may want to try other semi-solids or mild solids but please don't force the child to eat.

Well-wishers always give different advises to 1st time moms, some of these are good while some are outright detrimental to the child. Please before applying any advise, ensure it's good for you and your baby. It's best to have a paediatrician or get a good site where you'll get quality information. I recommend www.babycentre.com
Re: Mothers Please by blank(f): 2:09am On May 10, 2011
@ 8 months, your baby needs a little helpful nudge from you. There is a possibility that u carry the baby a lot. Try and set him down where he can crawl then put his toys just a bit out of his reach and encourage him to get it. Also, put him in a walker once in a while and repeat the toy trick. Encourage him as much as possible but avoid carrying him except it is essential.

your his mother so u will make the ultimate decision. U may start introducing more solids esp fruits and vegetables. U would be surprised at wat he would eat. Babies taste the flavours of the food we eat in the breastmik. Don't be worried. Babies @ 8 months can handle adult foods as long as there is no salt.

Thumbs up babe, ur doing great.

(1) (Reply)

Child Abuse.....what Would You Do? / Please Help ! / Me And My In Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.