Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

How To Cure Apollo - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Cure Apollo (146755 Views)

How To Cure Apollo Eye Problem / Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cure Apollo by ruffhandu: 9:49am On May 11, 2011
My guy, I had apollo some two months back. Just get Chloramphenicol eye-drop, it cost me just N300 in Port Harcourt. That'll take care of it. Don't waste much of your bucks. I tried sugar solution but it worked nothing for me.

ALso, you don't have to make eye contact to be infected, it's air-borne. I got mine without seeing anyone with it.

You can as well use the Chloramphenicol eye-drop to prevent it. My colleague  didn't contact it, I advised her to use the eye-drop since I couldn't stay away from the office.  Some people have immunity against it. My younger bro wouldn't get it, even though we live together. He said he never used the eye-drop.
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Ikwikwikwi(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2011
have a 10 mins look inside the PUUUSSSSYYY of a mad woman and be cured for ever. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cure Apollo by pgirl1: 10:34am On May 11, 2011
use pepper 4 efficiency, tongue
Re: How To Cure Apollo by bobbyray(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2011
mad men full nairaland
Re: How To Cure Apollo by N101: 11:25am On May 11, 2011
lastpage:

Am laughing in Chineese, right now! (Dont ask me how that sound, l bet you've never seen any Chineese man laughing! They hardly laugh angry )

Let me ask: Did we not have Apollo infections in our Villages, before any European Doctor set foot in Africa? How then did we cure the problem when MOST of you "Westernized peeps" are saying "dont put anything, except its prescribed by a Doctor"? Who is a Doctor sef?

My Grandpa was the "Doctor" for about five Villages and l still remember being called "Omo Dokita" as a kid, anytime we go to our village!
He did not attend "school of medicine" in any University BUT he had "knowledge" of common traditional remedies that worked!
And his treatments were FREE! No He-goats and No Palm-Oil nor tubers of Yam! grin

Okay, l agree, too many quack magicians are around, fleecing people for nothing.

But l swear on my Ma's Grave that when l was small, though we lived in Lagos, we cured Apollo by using a local leaf (Efirin) that grew in our yard, make it tender by squeezing it thoroughly between our fingers and then dip it into small local gin (Ogogoro grin ) and then put one or two drops in the eye and God help you if you wake up next morning and you can feel anything in your eye except see like an Owl in total darkness!
I guess the "gin" was just solvent and it also served as a "disinfectant" to sterilize the leaf and our fingers!
Who says traditional medicine is unscientific?

Am not joking. Am sure someone who's matured a wee-bit will remember this treatment.
I am even willing to volunteer myself to be infected by anyone and then treat it likewise.
You know, Apollo was very prevalent, some decades ago and all those high-sounding Anti-Biotic were either not discovered nor readily available in Naija (Dont mention "cost" naah!)

The point l am making is that "there are certainly efficacious traditional treatment' that have been in use since God knows when, before we got exposed to Western medicine.

The Chineese kept the Acupuncture till the Europeans accepted its efficacy and even that it was far superior in treating certain ailments!

But we Africans (especially we Nigerians that have got some western education!) are very quick to condemn ANYTHING TRADITIONAL!
Whats wrong with us? Inferiority complex, abi na wetin?

BTW: I thought Chloraphenicol as a drug, has been proscribed worldwide?

While Western medicine may cure it Chloramphenicol, you've made a very valid point.  I could be wrong but I don't think Grandpa recommended people putting urine in their eye for Apollo cos I'm sure that is real village madness  grin cool

@ poster. while you are treating it make sure you wash your hands any time you put them near your eyes to stop the infection from spreading.  I would not put anything like hydrocortisone near your eyes unless recommended to by a medical doctor.  That stuff, not even 1% should go near your face without medical supervision.
Re: How To Cure Apollo by OlumideBe(m): 11:42am On May 11, 2011
d only cure i can predict now is just ur urine
cuz it's wat most people used ]

PLEASE PEOPLE HOW CAN I SHARE MY COMENT IN NAIRA LAND
Re: How To Cure Apollo by tankwa: 5:41pm On May 11, 2011
Tihs is nto fuynn at all.
Niaralndres wlli klli pesorn one dya. hwo cna yuo be mkaing jest of a sreious tpoic liek this one.
we era not here to decieve poepel but to hlep each other.
plase let all tihs rubbish stop.
Re: How To Cure Apollo by imasin: 6:22pm On May 11, 2011
Pls, use urine, It works very well, talkn from experience.
Re: How To Cure Apollo by juman(m): 6:39pm On May 11, 2011
tankwa:

Tihs is nto fuynn at all.
Niaralndres wlli kill pesorn one dya. hwo cna yuo be mkaing jest of a sreious tpoic liek this one.
we era not here to decieve poepel but to hlep each other.
plase let all tihs rubbish stop.

Upside down writting. grin grin
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 11, 2011
Sight is the most precious sense. You'll never get a second pair. I would go see a doctor / opthamologist, and use what ever he / she prescribes. Putting home-remedies into your eyes is a definite no-no. Sugar is what bacteria feed on, so that's a bad idea.

As for urine, I know it's sterile, but putting that into your eyes? I can't see that being helpful, all it'll give you is a pair of eyeballs that reek.
Re: How To Cure Apollo by blitzer(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2011
It sounds unreasonable abi, but guy seriously the urine is the one cure i personally know that prevents and cures apollo. all those criticising its use waste their time and energy using eye drops. i assure u, just use the first urine of the day. the first few minutes  you will notice the itching will immediately reduce and in twenty four hours you will notice a remarkable difference.
hope this helps
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Texther(m): 9:22am On May 14, 2011
Rub with onion leaves, if it persist run go meet ur DOKITA!!!!
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Ojoyi: 7:35am On May 15, 2011
I need to advise u to take health advise from only those who introduced themselves as doctors and this u must verify with a doctor known to u.
Apollo has no cure but u might take an antibiotics to prevent bacterial superinfection.
dr coocoo

2 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by tojos(m): 10:47pm On May 15, 2011
I want everybody to understand that we live in a world ignorance, while God in his infinite wisdom has provided a solution for us in order to solve our problems including the cure for HIV/AIDS not to mention Conjuctivitis (Apollo). Yes, these solutions are right there with us but we keep searching for what we already have at "Sokoto".
For me, I'd advise you use your first urine in the morning. The effect is fast and within seconds your swollen eyes be restored back to its normal state. Also, avoid rubbing your eyes with your fingers especially while you are asleep. I have tried it and like I said the effect is immediate and within seconds you will be cured. I have never seen a cure as fast as this before and I'm a living witness to this. I use to be an antagonist of urine therapy but I was forced to have a rethink because of this experience.
Believe me there is something special about our urine which scientist are not telling us.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by Sensicut(m): 7:05am On May 16, 2011
@all.the problem we have in africa is because we so much believe in white people like me anytime i'm sick and drug he always increase my sickness until i use traditional medicine i believe those u criticised our own traditional i think u ar dealing wit drugs and confusing people 4 ur market my own believe is that bolt of them work together
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Sensicut(m): 7:09am On May 16, 2011
@all.no one can cure exept god
Re: How To Cure Apollo by lepasharon(f): 5:53pm On May 16, 2011
i realli dnt get how urine can cure apollo it has bacteria 4 goodness sake

3 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by twilliamx(m): 8:30am On Jul 01, 2012
Olumide Be: d only cure i can predict now is just ur urine
cuz it's wat most people used ]

PLEASE PEOPLE HOW CAN I SHARE MY COMENT IN NAIRA LAND

You just did..
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Oracool11: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2012
Apolo is a viral disease and its air borne it has not cure,all you can do is manage it so it won't become too bad,all manageral quality that most prescribed drugs have in common is their salinity,....urine,seawater,and some industrial eye drops all have "NaoH" that's a base also none commonly as a salt ,so we could dat salt is just the best way of managing apolo,remember apolo has no cure it comes and leaves at will....am still oracool.

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by Burger01(m): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
smiley
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Chinum: 10:26am On Aug 12, 2014
I suggest you visit the doctor. With respect to using your urine, hope you are aware that any infection "down there" could be transmitted to your eye through such means. For example the 'gonorrhea' of the eye.

http://www.choicefmghana.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2312:must-read-all-about-apollo-eye-diseases-viral-conjunctivitis&catid=21:health&Itemid=59
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Lantean(m): 11:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
matiltomd:
My sis had it way back and she was advised to use breast milk but she couldn't get(I ain't sure of its potency though), She ended up using water and sugar, Get a clean bowl and pour little water,add little sugar to it and make sure it dissolves entirely, Make sure your hands are clean before administering it to your eyes though, I guarantee you,after 2days,you should be good, Best of luck!

First of all, don't be alarmed if some day I hug you tight and kiss you for the above. 'Guess I'll have to find you first to do that.
The sugar solution worked like magic. Infact, I've been staring at my laptop screen for hours reading and my eyelids don't feel heavy at all.
'Better than finding breast milk.... eeeee yeeeww! Lol Besides who on Earth's gonna dish out that. Except, a wife to her husband or a girlfriend to her boyfriend. 'Still won't change the fact, that "breast + milk" = Grooooss.
Once again, thanks for the tip.
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Atunjel(m): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2016
Odunnu:
LWKMD!
Two weeks ago, a colleague of mine had apollo and was given some days off, few days later two others contacted it and they left too yesterday 4 of my colleagues have reported infected and asking to stay off work and the manager refused!
I never knew I had very high immunity against ths kinda infections

shey!! you'd better go buy sun shade and form apollo so u can have your days off too!!!
Re: How To Cure Apollo by wcurtis76(m): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2016
Lool you mad ooooooo
Ikwikwikwi:
have a 10 mins look inside the PUUUSSSSYYY of a mad woman and be cured for ever. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by Giyerte(m): 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
Lantean:

First of all, don't be alarmed if some day I hug you tight and kiss you for the above. 'Guess I'll have to find you first to do that.
The sugar solution worked like magic. Infact, I've been staring at my laptop screen for hours reading and my eyelids don't feel heavy at all.
'Better than finding breast milk.... eeeee yeeeww! Lol Besides who on Earth's gonna dish out that. Except, a wife to her husband or a girlfriend to her boyfriend. 'Still won't change the fact, that "breast + milk" = Grooooss.
Once again, thanks for the tip.

like how many cubes did u use and what was the quantity of the water?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is "Safe Period?" / Can Watery Eyes Mean Cancer? / New York, Epicenter Of U.S. COVID-19 Outbreak (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.