Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church (3217 Views)

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks / Interesting Things About Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna (Warlord) Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by smile4kenn(m): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2007
May God bless Ojukwu

[b]Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, collapsed twice on Sunday, during a church service in Onitsha, Anambra State.

He was, however, revived and driven to the Waterside Hospital in the commercial city for adequate care.

Odumegwu-Ojukwu, who was the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance in the April general election, was one of the special guests, who accompanied Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, to a thanksgiving mass at the Basillica of the Holy Trinity in Onitsha.

An eyewitness claimed that he first collapsed on his seat at about 11.30am during one of the prayer sessions.

But Justin Cardinal Regali of Philadelphia, who delievered the homily, some medical personnel present and Red Cross officials stepped in and revived him.

The incident was said to have thrown the congregation into confusion.

After the 74-year-old ex-Biafran warlord was revived, he was asked to leave the service.

It was learnt that Odumegwu-Ojukwu opted to stay back, insisting that he had enough strength to continue with the service. At about noon however, he slumped again on the pew.

This time, some government officials, including the state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Anobi Ileka, rushed to his aid.

The eyewitness said, “He (Odumegwu-Ojukwu) had to be asked to lie down on the pew while officials attended to him.

“When he seemed not to be getting adequate fresh air, he was taken out of the church.”

He said that the Ikemba was then moved into a black jeep and taken to the hospital.

Efforts to get Ileka‘s comments failed as calls to his cell phone were dropped.

However, the state Commissioner for Information and Culture, Prof. Stella Okunna, who also attended the mass, described the incident as “minor and nothing to worry about.”

“It is said that, normally, such a thing happens to him. He is okay and in good condition. We saw him before we left Onitsha,” Okunna said.

Obi‘s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Mike Udah, however, denied that Odumegwu-Ojukwu collapsed, saying that he merely ‘gasped for breath.’ [/b]

Read more: http://punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2007071610551592
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by Mamajama(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2007
I hope Ojukwu survive this ordeal
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by denex: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2007
There's something strange about the air yesterday. I heard one of them artistes at the THISDAY concert collapsed too. I hope say dem never come spray us Africanicide. Because I no trust these people.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by doyin13(m): 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2007
The tragic thing about Ojukwu is that his halcyon days were decades ago.

But for different circumstances, he might still be serving the country today.

A great shame.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by 9ja4eva: 7:48pm On Jul 16, 2007
Wish him quick recovery.

Make imself try rest
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by jahguid: 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2007
We never want to lost such a wonderfull man now i pray i get well
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by mrferlie(m): 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2007
dem put juju for the chair wey im sit
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by 9ja4eva: 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2007
jahguid:

We never want to lost such a wonderfull man now i pray i get well

God go help us save am oh
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by 9ja4eva: 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2007
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by ToToChoper: 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2007
So where was Bianca when this was going on?
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by Mamajama(m): 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2007
putting on her make up
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by fromuk(m): 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2007
He will survive this by HIS Grace. Will like him to Bless my Presidential Ambition in 8 yrs to come.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by angel101(f): 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2007
Mamajama:

putting on her make up

LOL!!!
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2007
Someone needs to tell that cardinal to cut his sermons short .
The man may have just been exhausted from a long service.

I pray he recovers fully.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by OgidiBoy(m): 10:32pm On Jul 16, 2007
Nothing will happen to Ojukwu, he is a very strong man. There will never be another Igbo man like Ojukwu. He is and will always be my Hero, God will bless and look after him and all my Igbo brothers and sisters.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2007
amen
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by IykeD1(m): 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2007
how about us now? smiley
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by fromuk(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2007
Amen!!!!!!! so that he will bless me candidacy for ASO Rock can somebody say Amen
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2007
who dash you
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2007
you think you can go to Aso rock just like that eh?

anyway remember me for minister for women affairs.
I can always be reached at babyosisi@hotmail.com lol.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by fromuk(m): 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2007
with God all things are possible, my ministerial post will be by merit, post ur cv asap let the forumites here screen you.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2007
ROFL.

I can transport money and I already have a US bank account.
What other qualifications do you need?
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by OgidiBoy(m): 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2007
If you reach Aso rock fromuk, pls my brother don't forget your people it's about time we Igbos start enjoying that apple pie called Nigeria.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by fromuk(m): 11:28pm On Jul 16, 2007
OgidiBoy:

If you reach Aso rock fromuk, please my brother don't forget your people it's about time we Igbos start enjoying that apple pie called Nigeria.
i will fire(electricity) and water(pipe born water) all of them. Trust me now.

babyosisi:

ROFL.
I can transport money and I already have a US bank account.
What other qualifications do you need?
is it in JP Morgan chase or City which one. I think swiz account will be more suitable. Your CV is getting Q leg oooo
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by grafikdon: 1:42am On Jul 17, 2007
I pray he gets out of it unscathed. . . Ojukwu is my hero whether saint or sinner, dead or alive. . . in heaven or in hell. . . if it is an organ transplant that he needs. . . he can have mine if they match!
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by Seun(m): 8:32am On Jul 17, 2007
Do you guys think Ojukwu would have handed over to a civilian government if the Biafra project succeeded?
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by angel101(f): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2007
Hmmm Seun! wink
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by denex: 9:10am On Jul 17, 2007
Till Ojukwu tells the Ibos the real reasons for the Biafran War, he will continue to collapse in the presence of God.

God has given him an unnecessarily long life and he still has not deemed it fit to confess.

One way or the other, he will be made to confess.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by McKren(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2007
denex:

Till Ojukwu tells the Ibos the real reasons for the Biafran War, he will continue to collapse in the presence of God.

God has given him an unnecessarily long life and he still has not deemed it fit to confess.

One way or the other, he will be made to confess.

What a shameful reaction to the failing health of a 74year old.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by denex: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2007
Let him tell the truth or else, no matter how old and frail he becomes, I will always see him as a selfish scheming crook who tried to use people emotions to become emperor for life in Biafra, the largest oil producing Nation in Africa. And he lost about 2 million lives while at it, but his was so precious that he preserved it till this very day, not forgetting to marry a beauty queen too and live a very bountiful life.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by fromuk(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2007
denex:

Let him tell the truth or else, no matter how old and frail he becomes, I will always see him as a selfish scheming crook who tried to use people emotions to become emperor for life in Biafra, the largest oil producing Nation in Africa. And he lost about 2 million lives while at it, but his was so precious that he preserved it till this very day, not forgetting to marry a beauty queen too and live a very bountiful life.
Are u sure you will leave to see your 74th birthday.
Re: Ex Warlord: Ojukwu Collapses In Church by deezzle(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2007
how many rounds did he go d previous night?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-gov Turaki Involved In Accident, Very Good! / Aba Dirtiest And Most Stinking Town In Nigeria. / It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.