Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Parenting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parenting (282 Views)

Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate / Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David / 11 Sign Of Bad Parenting With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parenting by evaultra1: 10:18am On Jul 03, 2021
Greetings my fellow nairalanders... Don't focus on my grammatical errors but on the message I want to pass..
I'm the first son of a family of 5, have got 2 elder siblings (females)..
I grew up in a Christian Home with so much discipline.
To cut the story short. The one commandment I keep and hold so dearly is that which God said"CHILDREN OBEY YOUR PARENTS IN THE LORD, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER FOR THIS IS THE FIRST COMMANDMENT WITH A PROMISE AND THAT YOU MAY LIVE LONG ON EARTH"..
From birth till now I haven't said any informal words to my parents.. I do everything they ask me to do even those ones with my common sense..
I'm 26now and my parents still talk to me anyhow even and I can't still respond..
What do I do?
They make decision and insist I most hide to them...
How do I do.. I feel if I air how I feel they might feel insulted and I don't wanna try it because I know they've tried for me..
How do I handle this situation
Re: Parenting by frozen70(f): 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2021
evaultra1:
Greetings my fellow nairalanders... Don't focus on my grammatical errors but on the message I want to pass..
I'm the first son of a family of 5, have got 2 elder siblings (females)..
I grew up in a Christian Home with so much discipline.
To cut the story short. The one commandment I keep and hold so dearly is that which God said"CHILDREN OBEY YOUR PARENTS IN THE LORD, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER FOR THIS IS THE FIRST COMMANDMENT WITH A PROMISE AND THAT YOU MAY LIVE LONG ON EARTH"..
From birth till now I haven't said any informal words to my parents.. I do everything they ask me to do even those ones with my common sense..
I'm 26now and my parents still talk to me anyhow even and I can't still respond..
What do I do?
They make decision and insist I most hide to them...
How do I do.. I feel if I air how I feel they might feel insulted and I don't wanna try it because I know they've tried for me..
How do I handle this situation

Any of your parents you are close to, seat that person down and tell them how you feel and what you want them to understand about you

They will definitely listen to you and where they fail, involving family members with children of your age will be fine
Re: Parenting by evaultra1: 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2021
Thank you so much...
I have deeply appreciate your view cry
Re: Parenting by GboyegaD(m): 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
Are you bouffant enough to be independent? If yes, tell them of your decision to move out to start your life. That would make them appreciate you more and not try to enforce things on you.
Re: Parenting by evaultra1: 6:23am On Jul 04, 2021
Am not financially buoyant cry

(1) (Reply)

A Thousand Naira Airtel Airtime For Sell Please Someone Should Buy / What You Need To Know If You Love Helping People / 美国优先就是摧毁美国形象的罪魁祸首

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.