Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman (36676 Views)

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? / Dominion City Lagos Church Outside Church - At Home (Live Video) / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by DriveByKiller: 8:23am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

I won't say it's my friend sister or whatever,it's me. It's my question

For 5years of marriage, it's been conflicting about this church matter.

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks
you be animal and Jezebel.

I wish I can tag your photo to this post so that any man who married you will know what to expect from a senseless rebellious drab like you.

Foolish nanny goat when think say she's sensible.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Alphafarms(m): 8:23am On Jul 04, 2021
deepwater:
The bible says women should be submissive to their husband

You all above are submissive to your pastor

Woman wey dey jump from church to church na ashewo
you have sense

3 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by iHart(m): 8:23am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks
you made a mistake in marrying him, or will I say he made a mistake in marrying you. This same thing played out between my dad and mum. When I was making friends for marriage, I noticed all the ladies I met hated my church yet they claimed to love me. I resolved to marry someone that attends my own church. So I married a Catholic. We share the same faith and belief. So I have a peace of mind.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Myer(m): 8:24am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

I wish someone would explain why this happens.
Dominion City and RCCG share almost the same pattern of service unlike the orthodox churches so it should naturally be a seamless transition for you but for some reason it isnt.

I commend your attempt at adjusting for 2 years. But like you said, you're just not feeling it there.
While I cant say it's because the Holyspirit is not present in your husband's church because I want to believe others experience his presence there.

Perhaps theres a covenant you've made to God that you'd never leave Dominion City which may be the cause of your unrest elsewhere.
Pray about it and see how it goes.

It's usually better for couples to worship in the same church. But no where does it say In the bible that it must be compulsorily so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Cnach: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2021
Madam abeg no go cause quarell.
Do not let church separate ur marriage and do not let ur marriage separate ur from church, and going by that, what u plead with him is to allow u goto his church only on Sundays just for the show as he would always want it then u goto ur church for other weekly activities to keep ur spirit and faith growing.
1MinuteWithTina, u are lucky to have an understanding pastor and which may not be same with this lady's case. In fact the difference bw a pastor and member is deeper understanding of Christainity. Ur husband has it, but OP's husband may not have it.
Op I repeat, no let this be a case, try to satisfy ur husband and also ur Christian faith plssss
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2021
It will end in premium tears.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Savedday: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2021
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

In mosdii voice: They are all useless..... All of them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Premiumwriter2: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2021
sylve11:

Quarrel about to erupt grin cool
it's all these new generation preachers with their 'find your prophet' that's confusing her.

As if each prophets hears from a different God.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Rhozabeth(m): 8:26am On Jul 04, 2021
Madam, if u truly want to be happy in ur home, listen to ur husband. The only thing that can make me tell u not to attend ur husband's church is if u see for sure that they don't preach the word the way a true church of God should or perhaps if they dilute the word so much, then point this out to him! If not, God is everywhere. One of the problems i havr with christianity is that christians can't enter into any church to pray, i find that really disturbing. So madam pls obey ur husband. One of the issues that break homes these days is such disobedience to the head of the house. Even that ur pastor in Dominican (deliberately misspelled the name) is not a good pastor, he is supposed to encourage u to go to ur husband's church, u don't marry a woman from a church and the woman still remains in d church. Its not done pls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by illmatic101(m): 8:26am On Jul 04, 2021
[quote author=debbycreamy post=103348716]Hello nairalanders,

Na so marriage dey take scatter.
Madam no start this trouble you want start. No come here dey look for support. Continue attending your husband church.
Remember he is the head.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Skyfornia(m): 8:27am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

I feel you woman of God...

3 things takes me to the church
Prayer
Word
And Worship.

Any church that lacks these 3 to me is boring. Have attended Redeemed once in lagos and I must tell you, I didn't feel it too.. especially the fact they have interpreter...it is always distracting listening to the preacher and interpreter

3 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Juicewrld27: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2021
Any well meaning nlander should please find me a token to use to eat today. Things are hard and exams in sch remains just a week. I need something to live on till the semester ends. My account digits are on my signature. Thanks as you give
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nostring: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2021
1MinuteWithTina:
I totally get you.
My husband is one of the pastors in his church but I attend another. I do not 'feel' his church at all and I'm only happy when we shared the grace at the end so I left.
It also created brouhaha at the beginning but I told him I'd rather stay at home. He eventually let me be and I now attend another church.
You need to pray about it.
u no fit support your husband's hustle..nawa for u o embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by simigold: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2021
You are married to your church and not your husband,also is your husband married to his church and not you. The institution of marriage is more respected than the institution of religion. You both should avoid anything that will break your home. Understanding is important

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by GROWTHSET(m): 8:28am On Jul 04, 2021
For about a year,due to covid-lockdown both of you didn't go to church.
Going to church does not make anyone more spiritual.Where in the Bible was Church ever mention.The word church was never nor basis for christainity.That while Islam is unique Religion.You can find such differences in Islam.
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Saynoomore: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2021
FirstSon01:
Some things ought to have been discussed before marriage so that issues like this can be avoided but the deed is already done and your husband doesn't seem understanding so carry your cross or fight back and still attend your church.

You are obviously not married! Or perhaps married but lucky to have found a good wife.

The truth is that a majority of these our women are deceptive. When desperately in need of a husby, they will agree to all "terms and conditions". When you bring up issues as this one up there, they'll even condemn their church and tell you they have, for long, been looking for a way out of their church. Some will modestly tell you that religion isn't a problem so long as we serve one true and living God, they can worship God anywhere! Others will agree to only visit their church very occasionally (e.g once in 6 months) - but all these are just to get to the alter and sign the dotted lines. AS SOON AS they get that wedding ring on their finger and pull that wedding gown (after wedding), they'll show you their true character by rebuffing all those terms they agreed to! They are schemers and scammers o! Forget all these complains they come here with. Every woman's complaints should be taken with a pinch of salt!

6 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by djblue007(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2021
He is your husband. You have to attend his church for a better home. Not feeling the way you used to in your former church is not an excuse.
I just detest husband and wife attending different churches.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 04, 2021
DriveByKiller:

I wish I can tag your photo to this post so than any man who married you will know what to expect from a senseless rebellious drab like you.

Are u a kid? Or u don't read topics, u just jump and insult someone
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by ruggedtimi(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Talk true Na because for DC, females are allowed to wear trouser to church and RCCG does not allow such. ( personally I don't see anything wrong with a girl wearing trousers to church). I think DC is this modern type of church like house on the rock , salvation ministry , COZA, etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by CUMIN: 8:31am On Jul 04, 2021
Christianity is a joke...so different church worship different God.

Indoctrination is what is in you.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Cokahot: 8:31am On Jul 04, 2021
I like u. Wow u just woke up,at the end of the day what counts is your heart,your thoughts and your doings. Forget church, na by church. My God ,Africa is lost
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by kevapet: 8:32am On Jul 04, 2021
I don't know why some men are full of this over inflated ego honestly. It's man responsibility to look after the family i know but not some decisions at the detriment of others happiness all in the name of 'i'm the head'. That's how they go about to raise monsters as kids. You should talk to your husband about this honestly. He's taking your freedom and worst still, taking your happiness gradually. The joy you have in that church matters. Redeem can be so boring for real.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by CUMIN: 8:32am On Jul 04, 2021
djblue007:
He is your husband. You have to attend his church for a better home. Not feeling the way you used to in your former church is not an excuse.
I just detest husband and wife attending different churches.

So she should assume the post of an hypocrite just to fit in.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 04, 2021
Thanks to the people that gave matured advice, someone said I can go to dominion city during weekdays service and redeem on Sundays, I think I'll discuss this with him and beg him to accept, nairalanders are cool, funny and few are annoying,

Thanks to everyone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by babajeje123(m): 8:34am On Jul 04, 2021
1MinuteWithTina:
I totally get you.
My husband is one of the pastors in his church but I attend another. I do not 'feel' his church at all and I'm only happy when we shared the grace at the end so I left.
It also created brouhaha at the beginning but I told him I'd rather stay at home. He eventually let me be and I now attend another church.
Wow! Please have a rethink and support your husband's ministry. There's nothing that hurts a man than seeing his wife not supporting what he believes him. Let me tell you, he only allows you be for peace sake, the man is not happy.

6 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Cubby22: 8:34am On Jul 04, 2021
Honestly, Coming to the social media implies you don't have respect for your husband. Why would you marry him, if religion dictates how your marriage must be. Are you worshipping God or Church/pastor. Unless you are a being who lacks reasoning. You might be shocked if you end the argument and follow ur husband to his church,and he will decide what he truly likes, no man likes an uneccessary challenge if he is not a committed one. He will change. I have always believed that a woman character is what transforms a husband. Keep challenging the man, you will post more problem that will come up.

4 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 04, 2021
Na to marry atheist sure pass be that. undecided.

Religion is a very serious issue and place of worship is too. I can understand your plight.people may think it's not big deal to fit in with your husband's church, but over the years I have seen a woman loose herself and drift from her faith all because she was struggling to fit into her husband's church.

People differ,though some might argue it's the same God ,but we all have to admit the activities differ and style differ.personally I am a fan of music, just have a good choir and I am sold, but all this solemn assembly gatherings bore me to death.

3 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by djblue007(m): 8:36am On Jul 04, 2021
CUMIN:

So she should assume the post of an hypocrite just to fit in.
Do they worship devil at RCCG?
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Cnach: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2021
DriveByKiller:

I wish I can tag your photo to this post so than any man who married you will know what to expect from a senseless rebellious drab like you.

Brother she doesn't deserve this o, u guys should try and pretend that Nigerians are educated. Being a litrate someone doesn't mean speaking English fluently, In fact that is just learning a language like Yoruba, Hausa or Urhobo. Being educated means reasoning well, having a rational brain faculty bc of series of development that has taken place over there, trying to speak on what u have never experienced as if u have experienced it, slow judgement to ascertain all information before conclusion, imagining being on people's shoe at times so that u would give fair judgement that would be fair in the eyes of men and God.
If u are made a leader in this country are u going to respect peoples right?
Do u count sentiment before fairness?
Someone is confused and ran to u for advice and all u could do was just raining insult on a lady, and u being a man should know that u must have solid, diversifying and confusion resisting thinking than a lady. What do u suppose to offer them then?
Guy be careful o, start developing ur self

5 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by slimman007: 8:39am On Jul 04, 2021
1MinuteWithTina:
I totally get you.

Madam,why are you not submissive to your husband.If he start going after sisters in the church you will be the first to complain he does not respect the vow you both confess on your wedding day...see before I open my eye I should see you in RCCG now... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Slurity(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks
My sister, I totally understand what you are passing through, I am once a Redeemed member to the level of been the president of Christian corper fellows of a whole state during my NYSC days and I will be lying if I don't understand what you are missing going to redeem, to be honest with you, my personal conclusion before I left redeemed church is that, the church will not allow me grow spiritually but only physically with connection to big people but real Christians life is gone in that church, I see an average redeem church members as just a church goer or half baked Christians, they have very good sermon but only 1% of what is in every sermon is actually manifesting on the members, prayer life is almost zero in redeem and many more, But since you requested for a candid advice, let me start with this assertion. IF YOU DID NOT KNOW GOD PERSONALLY, CHURCH DOCTRINES WILL KEEP FRUSTRATING YOU. You must understand that your own church too must have some doctrine or way of doing things that will not go well with others too, our main purpose as Christians is to know God personally and do his wish alone, follow bible standard and not any church standard. The last part of my advice is that, If you are truly a Christian, You will agree with me that, bible standard is for all wives to SUBMIT to there husband, based on this fact alone, GO AND WORSHIP GOD WITH YOUR HUSBAND AT REDEEMED CHURCH AND BE HAPPILY DOING IT. Heaven is our target and not church. Shallom.

5 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by brian91(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Avoid trouble in your marital life by being spiritual instead of religious.
I detest this talk of "my religion" your religion angry

My partner knew this, thereby respect my decision despite being raised from a religious family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man And His Horse Wearing Lord's Chosen Apron (Photo) / Pope Francis Threatens To Fire Nigerian Priests / What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.