Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,557 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman (36645 Views)

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? / Dominion City Lagos Church Outside Church - At Home (Live Video) / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2021
Hello nairalanders,

I won't say it's my friend sister or whatever,it's me. It's my question

For 5years of marriage, it's been conflicting about this church matter.

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 04, 2021
Thank you.

26 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Naijaguy12345(m): 8:13am On Jul 04, 2021
Some of the points here may guide you. Which one of the two ticked more boxes here for you ?

1. Sentimentalism should never overrule truth.

When it comes to church life, people are easily given to sentimentalism rather than to the truth.

2. The church should not be a product for consumption.

People approach a prospective church like consumers: What kind of programs does the church offer? What is the facility like? Does the pastor make me feel comfortable?

3. Your children should not determine the choice of a church.

4. Style preference should not be neutral.

Often people base church attendance on stylistic preference, often with regard to music. The Bible never presents worship as a matter of personal taste or style. Self-imposed worship is greatly condemned in the Bible (see Col. 2), Christians, therefore, should give great care that worship conforms to God’s Word.

5. The message should be believed, not the man followed.

The average churchgoer, when searching for a church today, is primarily concerned with the likability of the pastor.

6. The preaching of the Word should be central.

Is the service centered on the Word? Is the Word being read, preached, prayed, and sung? Or is the Word being manipulated by the pastor to pander to the felt needs of the people?

7. The sermon should be Christ-centered.

8. Worship should not be built on entertainment.

People have six days to be entertained, but the seventh day is a day of rest from worldly amusements and a time to seriously worship the risen Christ.

9. Sacraments should be faithfully exercised.

God has given us two visible words in baptism and the Lord’s supper. These are signs and seals of his grace to us. Are these being honored in your church?

10. The church should love you enough to discipline you.

The church does not exist to affirm people living in sin. It is not love to allow someone to continue in blatant sin without correction. In fact, churches that open their doors to people running from other churches because of sin are bringing down God’s anger on the whole congregation.

COPIED.

153 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by deepwater(f): 8:13am On Jul 04, 2021
The bible says women should be submissive to their husband

You all above are submissive to your pastor

Woman wey dey jump from church to church na ashewo

I totally get you.
My husband is one of the pastors in his church but I attend another. I do not 'feel' his church at all and I'm only happy when we shared the grace at the end so I left.
It also created brouhaha at the beginning but I told him I'd rather stay at home. He eventually let me be and I now attend another church.
You need to pray about it.

You just cool down to embarrass your husband for public and church because say him marry u abi?

Imagine a pastor wey him wife no dey come him church. Baba has our full support to tidy that choir mistress.

What nonsense is that!

dapadawee:

I feel her husband pain when you marry wrong what can u do

Divorce the bitch3
Do that and do peace !

241 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by speedyconnect3: 8:13am On Jul 04, 2021
1MinuteWithTina:
I totally get you.
My husband is one of the pastors in his church but I attend another. I do not 'feel' his church at all and I'm only happy when we shared the grace at the end so I left.
It also created brouhaha at the beginning but I told him I'd rather stay at home. He eventually let me be and I now attend another church.

Your hubby is a pastor and you don't support him as mummy GO?

How would people have confidence in him if he can't influence his own wife to attend his church?

Or could it be that you know he is corrupt and it irritates you to see him preach what he doesn't act?

Well, what does a coconut head like me know if not to receive head from Chinenye and Bukola.

244 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Franzinni: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2021
God is not in a building folks ...

He lives in you!

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2021
Well, the answer is clear here

(Warning....may not be pleasant)

Go to your husband's church.

1.The bible is very clear in many verses that the husband is the head of the household.And the wife is supposed to follow him in all duties.

As stated in Ephesians 5 vs 22-24

Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything

Thus it is clear that as you regard Jesus as your head, so also He has appointed your husband as your head.

It is painful, but as far as I know, the God that is moving in Dominion city is moving in Redeemed. The doctrines are basically similar. One should not necessarily attend a church because 'it is where i feel moved' but one should attend a church to fellowship with God and with other believers of the general household of faith.

Treat this experience as a means of learning humility.

2.Also, one other thing...why didn't you guys discuss this in your courtship period.? You should have thrashed the church and other issues then as well.

3.Finally, you and your husband should sit down and discuss the church matter well well. If at the end of the day he still insists on redemmed, then so be it. But there is a chance he might change church to yours. But before this discussion, pray that God's will be done....and don't force him or manipulate him, and he should also recall too that God has comanded him to love his wife too!

My advise.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nuelito: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2021
Wahala be like Ijebu garri....e dey rise quick

Meanwhile,if you need Original Pure Honey... kindly contact O81 O1 66 67 71 or the number on the picture below let's talk about it...Thanks

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by AntiWailer: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2021
Imagine.

So they did not discuss all these before the party ?

All this generation focus on is the wedding party with no idea of what will happen in the marriage itself.

If u married outside Ur church, u people did not agree before u went to the alter ?

And if u people cnt agree on 1 church to go and build the family, why are u wasting your time going to church at all.

You cnt trust your husband's decision on choice of place of worship and he is supposed to be the spiritual head of the house.

All the activities Una dey do dey form workers in church. A very high percentage of u won't make heaven.

If you can not convince your hubby to follow u to church and he can not convince u to follow him, the marriage is already on a wrong foundation.

The two of u will be acting strangely on different teachings. That is a recipe for disaster.

Imagine Oyakhilome and Ashimolowo as different Pastors in the family. One believe covid is 5G another thought it was just a pandemic. How Una wan settle 'spiritual' differences at home ?

Choose your home or the church. Which ever pays u. Just analyze the consequences, one must make way very veeeery soon. I will advise u choose wisely.

And aunty wey say she does not go to her husband's church despite the fact that he is a Pastor.

You are a disaster waiting to happen. Soon it will be obvious they can't believe in his teaching since the wife does not believe in the nonsense he is doing.

When he grows to a point, the sisters will arrange some session for him. Before u know he is long gone.

163 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by DrWhizy(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2021
The topic tho

Dominion city vs rccg grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by jamaicabakare(m): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Hmmmmmmm...all of unna wey dey carry una family matter come NL, i no know wetin una wan make SEUN do about am.

Sha...my sister in the Lord, i like your honesty but i love your crazy husband more.

Bobo ye ko gba nonsense. A whole RCCG na im you talk sey you don't feel the holy spirit there...

make daddy Adeboye catch you. grin grin grin

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by babyfaceafrica: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
These things should have been discussed in detail before marriage
. People just trivialise some important things when dating.. Love was blind then abi.. Smh

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by stagger: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
speedyconnect3:

Why do people love to display crass stupidity at topics like this?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by kilmot: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
The truth is you understand your Bible upside down, it's not in place for him to force you, but my question to you is;

Where is the place of wives be submissive to your husbands?

Or is it that you've not read your Bible to that part?

At this point u disregard your husband and find it ok to bring it to us to help you disrespect your husband.
Wetin be my own.? Meanwhile

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by EKONGKING: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Worshipping god in a building doesnot make you a better christian ,it ur deeds which counts.

Why are evangelical Christians so confused that all argue about which church is better

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by felixzo1(m): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
I feel issues like this should be address and discuss before marriage. there has been Christian and Muslim marriages that are very peaceful. its just a matter of understanding your differences and respecting them. personally would not marry outside my church . I want my kids to be taught and brought up in a particular way. both I and my wife need to be on the same page

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by FirstSon01: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Some things ought to have been discussed before marriage so that issues like this can be avoided but the deed is already done and your husband doesn't seem understanding so carry your cross or fight back and still attend your church.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by iLegendd(m): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
I didn't bother reading after the first two lines. A disrespectful woman would always want to do her thing with a convincing excuse to cover up. (Feminism).

Yes, husbands can be wrong at times, but for agreeing to marry him, you've agreed to follow his lead. If he can't lead, then divorce him and find a man that can lead.

If he was a Muslim billionaire like Ned Nwoko, you wouldn't mind converting to Islam for him and wear hijab to show your loyalty.

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by slawormiir: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Damnnn niggar
This is why I say Christians are one hell of confused people

Christians are always confused

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Kuubei: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Marriage is full of different problems sha ...so Na this kind wahala person go deh face too grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by DropsMic(m): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Religious people (especially blacks) will always find trouble where there is none... If it's not evil cat, it's village people, if it's not that, it's spiritual eye, husband, wife, now them don add his church is not my church. Y'all are funny AF

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by bigdammyj: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Noted

It's your love for your Church, which your spirit is not ready to give up that is hindering you from accepting his Church

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Lamanii22(f): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Tell God to take control of his heart.... It's God that can help you in this case oo... Tell it to God

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Hogan17: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
speedyconnect3:

Which kain lie be this on Sunday morning?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by deepwater(f): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2021
I totally get you.

You just cool down to embarrass your husband for public and church because say him marry u.

Imagine a pastor wey him wife no dey come him church. Baba has our full support to tidy that choir mistress.

What nonsense is that!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by OkCornel(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2021
I see… @debbycreamy

Anyways all this would be totally avoidable if we can change our mindset that we don’t really have to go to a “church” to feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in our daily walk with God!

This is a problem for the Sunday only brethren to deal with.

Have you considered other weekday programs (say Bible study) you can attend at your church, while you attend Sunday service at his church? Just a reasonable and workable compromise for both parties to consider.

All in all, let the will and wisdom of God be glorified at the expense of our fleshly desires. Amen.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by sylve11: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2021
Religion matters dey tire person.

*Strolls outta thread* sad cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by LadySarah: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2021
You ppl shouldn't come here with stories that Will make world ppl laugh at us
What was ur plan before?Why didn't you marry from your church or discuss it pre marriage?

What's the difference between them again?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Cof1ex(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2021
grin
If you don't feel the spirit, love , togetherness, bla Bla Bla... Why not show them how to do all those things where you are coming from..?
For the sake of your marriage ooo, you better join your husband.. if not, person like me go dey here de wait to read your divorce papers....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by unitysheart(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2021
Hmmmm. People often think that they can marry A and B together. It is good we always acknowledge that humans differ and so are our ideologies. Marrying from the same denomination may have helped you. But as it is, you'll have to pick between happiness in your marriage and doing what you want and thereby jeopardising your family's happiness. Though, religion is a personal choice and cannot be left to anyone to decide for the other. In the end, the choice is yours. You should have had that discussion with him before getting married.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by b3llo(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2021
Your spiritual journey should be different from his. Is your salvation in his hands?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by greenie77: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2021
Salvation is personal but such should have been discussed before marriage.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Heals HIV+ Soldier In Abuja (Photos) / Download Messages By Pastor David Ogbueli, Pastor E A Adeboye & Dr. D K Olukoya / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.