Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman (36682 Views)

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? / Dominion City Lagos Church Outside Church - At Home (Live Video) / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

I won't say it's my friend sister or whatever,it's me. It's my question

For 5years of marriage, it's been conflicting about this church matter.

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks

He shouldn't force you to attend RCCG. He should respect your views. I am sure it is the Pastors that are compelling him to bring you to RCCG!

You are on the right path.

RCCG is a church that God left with his presence since 2015 after their General Overseer meddled his hands into the works of heathens by introducing this maladministration into Nigeria.

Useless APC Church!!

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by simigold: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2021
edoairways:

Does the bible mentioned attending a particular church?.

That's why they should focus and build their marriage than building another man's church. Your heart is your first church.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Aarenaija: 10:44am On Jul 04, 2021
This post only shows a rebellious wife. You wake up in the morning to go to church and the husband is headed North while the wife heads south.
How would you raise children that are not confused and rebellious in the future.

Sometimes I wonder what you read and hear from these churches self. "......Wives, respect your husbands ......." is that too difficult to understand?

No wonder we have so many divorces among church people and not Christian's.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by topsamjo(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2021
Biblically,
Your husband's choice should come as priority especially in spiritual matters like this. Furthermore, there are questions you need to answer on your own;
1. Does your hubby exhibhit that christlikeness in the house?
2. Do you pray together at all?
If he has been a good husband to you then he deserves your support in his ministerial duties.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Harddiskng(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2021
1MinuteWithTina:
Thank you.

I totally get you.
My husband is one of the pastors in his church but I attend another. I do not 'feel' his church at all and I'm only happy when we shared the grace at the end so I left.

It also created brouhaha at the beginning but I told him I'd rather stay at home. He eventually let me be and I now attend another church.
You need to pray about it.

You had to edit your post, Even if you don’t have the Spirit of God to tell you something was wrong with what you wrote, common sense has told you now abi.

Smh. You better amend your ways, go and apologize to the man. So church is for your flesh to “feel”?

Some of us call ourselves “Christians” and we do things sense would restrain unbelievers from doing. May God give us a valuable helper and not an embarrassment. Ahn ahn

I don’t get even get the “Spirituality” you are promoting with your videos, It makes me question the Spirit within you. God forbid. Go and mend your ways.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by oskobi: 10:49am On Jul 04, 2021
Hmmm, This issue is a very sensitive issue, first before you guys married was there any agreement that both of you will attend redeem after marriage? Secondly did you inform your husband when we are married I will still be attending dominion city and he gave his consent?
If we are to follow the bible if the above question is No.
The bible said the wife should be subjected to the husband as the husband is the head of the home likewise as christ is the head of the church.
A woman builds her home, please or thing you must know every man has an eager, please follow him to his church, church is not what defines christianity but the word of God. Let the word of God come first in your home.
Pray for God to give you revelations and make peace with your husband. Please follow him to his church with time you both might end up going to dominion city if that is where Godbhas destiny you both to be.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Witttyduchess(f): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2021
SegFault:

Tell that to your parents. Useless inbred slowpoke with half lobe of brain. Useless thing parading as a woman, I guess you are so insecure about your sex that you have to pretend to be female. Waste of space money and energy .
is that why you sent me a PM and also followed me on nairaland?
I've attached screenshots and I'll expose you on this forum.
Sex starved pervert

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks
As someone who feels the Holy spirit, have you read your Bible to that part that says you submit to your husband?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Branduche: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2021
Did you attend marriage class at all?
It’s very disheartening to know you are married and very unmarried in your spiritual life.

Work this out

debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by murphyibiam15(m): 10:51am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks
You're actually mature and not insensitive like the other gal who left Catholic for pentecostal church. At least you didn't disrespect the redeem church people even though I'm a Catholic myself.
To me you should tell him to join you in dominion City to see if he can come since you can't cope in his own church

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by saxxyb: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2021
I also need advice, I am a young man of 26 years old, I am from a Catholic Christian family, I gave my life to Jesus in November 2016 when i listened to a message of Apostle Joshua Selman ever since my life have been a wonder, that is my main place of spiritual empowerment.

Now the problem is that I no longer attend the catholic church because I don't feel connected there, I started attending Christ embassy because of a close friend of mine who is a member of Christ Embassy, he invited me during the pandemic last year and I was glad to go because churches were closed during that period and my spirit was dry so I have attending ever since, although I attend Christ embassy on Sundays, though I am not consistent in Christ embassy church because I value Koinonia and interdenominational ministry headed by Apostle Joshua Selman which i attend virtually I.e an online church and I can't be in two place at a time and I intentionally avoid taking responsibilities and taking up positions so that I won't be too connected to Christ embassy so that I will easily focus on koinonia and also make it easy if I decide to leave Christ Embassy when koinonia opens a church in Lagos, one problem my family members are against me attending Christ embassy and they criticize me because they think I am being brainwashed by Pentecostals, speaking in tongues is really a strange thing, my mum doesn't like Christ embassy all because she think they aren't serious Christians due to their dressing and the way their men relaxes their hair .

Talking about marriage I feel its going to be difficult choosing a partner coz of these church identity, I will want to avoid these same problem, so nairalanders I need your sincere and good advise because I am still your and don't want these kind of problem in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by lastclaire4(f): 10:51am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

U better be careful as in careful. You about the second person that dominion city wants to cost her marriage. I dont know of other dominion city but if you attend the one in Ijesha please and please be careful. You may pretend not to know what I am talking about but both of us know in the inner most part of our hearts. I dont thw type of doctrine that being preached there that so many leave their senses at home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Banker247: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2021
Spiritual unity is a necessity for spiritual growth and marital bliss. The husband, wife and their children ought to feed from the same spiritual altar. This should not be a matter of what you love but what you understand...Understand the position of your husband as the head of the family and your marriage will find peace.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by ewosk: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2021
This one calm down � grin shocked dey talk spirit... The spirit go deny plenty people that day sha...

"It is Written"

Na which Bible una dey read or follow for this una Christianity.

You study the bible, consider it's ways and the spirit nor tell u say your actions dey in tandems with the laid down way... undecided

Well na Church & pastors naim some people dey worship not Christ.

The Bible is the Standard not me, not others on this thread not Daddy G.O or whosever.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2021
Witttyduchess:
is that why you sent me a PM and also followed me on nairaland?
I've attached screenshots and I'll expose you on this forum.
Sex starved pervert
Follow you wetin. I never followed you oh, unless the mods have started hacking accounts or something, please show me the mail I sent you zombie. Because I know the mail I used for this account and I do not remember sending you a PM unless I was mad or something.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks
this is dicey. You and your husband when courting didn't know that you shouldn't be unequally yoked?

Could you try going to the redeem church once in a while to keep the peace and appearance, and then go for weekday service or attend online service in dominion city where you are spiritually nurtured and fed. But you may have to dial down on some activities to avoid burnout, like becoming a worker in both churches. It's not advisable.

Your husband feels the need to control you by forcing you to his church, but everyone's walk with God (spiritual journey) is different. Eventually you would resent him and the church which is one of the reasons why a lot of youths are leaving christianity.

But what do I know, I'm agnostic.

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by NewDawn2O21: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2021
SegFault:

Rule 2 broken
Lalast.iclala
Myn.d44
S..eun
OAM4.J
Domi.nique
Guy you fucck up.
Why you go pm that girl? now she don cast you.
You should have ignored her
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by NonnieMarthins(f): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2021
You are just a bad person
Bad wife
Bad mother

After saying all the I did
You are here talking rubbish

Go and be submissive to your husband
Didn't you discuss all these before marriage.

No come carry the matter put for our head
Before Dem go say na we put assunder.

Please hide my identity go soon be on Facebook
Mtcheeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by NewDawn2O21: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
this is dicey. You and your husband when courting didn't know that you shouldn't be unequally yoked?

Could you try going to the redeem church once in a while to keep the peace and appearance, and then go for weekday service or attend online service in dominion city where you are spiritually nurtured and fed. But you may have to dial down on some activities to avoid burnout, like becoming a worker in both churches. It's not advisable.

Your husband feels the need to control you by forcing you to his church, but everyone's walk with God (spiritual journey) is different. Eventually you would resent him and the church which is one of the reasons why a lot of youths are leaving christianity.

But what do I know, I'm agnostic.
then as an agnostic you should learn to shut up and comment only on matters that your limited brain has knowledge of.
Go to romance section cos this topic is too High and intellectual for a dummy like you

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by favour32(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2021
Wetin religion dey una nor be small.
Una too like wahala...

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2021
NewDawn2O21:

Guy you fucck up.
Why you go pm that girl? now she don cast you.
You should have ignored her
Guy if I be Christian I fit swear, but I am not. I only pm programmers or fellow writers, if I had sent a pm it must have meant I did not know what I was doing or this forum is terribly unsafe (my account was hacked) I'm just laughing because if I find out that my details aren't safe I might stop using nl. I have never sent a pm to people like poco it's now one useless dog I just saw on nairaland that's even insulting me self. Or wait I know what's going on grin.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by wattsunenergy: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2021
Chuksworld:
Go to your husband church, you can get messages from Dominion city and listen at quiet times. You can also attend their programs if it does not crash with RCCG. When attending their you can also take your husband along.

Op I advise you to take this quoted advise.
Don't break your home by your hand... Home break begins spiritually... Don't fall for that satanic trick...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by dejol88: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2021
NoToPile:
At least this matter is not between catholic and Pentecostal .

But in all honesty they are both bible believing churches with similar doctrinesI think ( if its that they don't allow makeup/ earing at redeem I would have said that might be the issue)

So I really don't get the the issue is.

There is a problem if you can't leave a church to another church especially churches that are a bit similar like this. If it was from dominion city to chosen/deeper life/ mfm I might understand your hesitation.

You said it all. As Catholic member who has seen plenty bashings on the mother church, one would have expected Pentecostal churches to be under one umbrella. Yet see the type of the funny thread I am reading!

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Abikeade11(f): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2021
I truly understand how you feel because I have those feelings whenever I attend any other church aside my church ⛪. Let me learn from the comments here, to avoid the same mistake.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by murphyibiam15(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2021
AntiWailer:
Imagine.

So they did not discuss all these before the party ?

All this generation focus on is the wedding party with no idea of what will happen in the marriage itself.

If u married outside Ur church, u people did not agree before u went to the alter ?

And if u people cnt agree on 1 church to go and build the family, why are u wasting your time going to church at all.

You cnt trust your husband's decision on choice of place of worship and he is supposed to be the spiritual head of the house.

All the activities Una dey do dey form workers in church. A very high percentage of u won't make heaven.

If you can not convince your hubby to follow u to church and he can not convince u to follow him, the marriage is already on a wrong foundation.

The two of u will be acting strangely on different teachings. That is a recipe for disaster.

Imagine Oyakhilome and Ashimolowo as different Pastors in the family. One believe covid is 5G another thought it was just a pandemic. How Una wan settle 'spiritual' differences at home ?

Choose your home or the church. Which ever pays u. Just analyze the consequences, one must make way very veeeery soon. I will advise u choose wisely.

And aunty wey say she does not go to her husband's church despite the fact that he is a Pastor.

You are a disaster waiting to happen. Soon it will be obvious they can't believe in his teaching since the wife does not believe in the nonsense he is doing.

When he grows to a point, the sisters will arrange some session for him. Before u know he is long gone.
Well said
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Witttyduchess(f): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2021
SegFault:

Follow you wetin. I never followed you oh, unless the mods have started hacking accounts or something, please show me the mail I sent you zombie. Because I know the mail I used for this account and I do not remember sending you a PM unless I was mad or something.
Sex starved pervert, I just checked my mail now and saw your mail request.
See screenshot

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by CsRockefeller(m): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2021
saxxyb:
I also need advice, I am a young man of 26 years old, I am from a Catholic Christian family, I gave my life to Jesus in November 2016 when i listened to a message of Apostle Joshua Selman ever since my life have been a wonder, that is my main place of spiritual empowerment.

Now the problem is that I no longer attend the catholic church because I don't feel connected there, I started attending Christ embassy because of a close friend of mine who is a member of Christ Embassy, he invited me during the pandemic last year and I was glad to go because churches were closed during that period and my spirit was dry so I have attending ever since, although I attend Christ embassy on Sundays, though I am not consistent in Christ embassy church because I value Koinonia and interdenominational ministry headed by Apostle Joshua Selman which i attend virtually I.e an online church and I can't be in two place at a time and I intentionally avoid taking responsibilities and taking up positions so that I won't be too connected to Christ embassy so that I will easily focus on koinonia and also make it easy if I decide to leave Christ Embassy when koinonia opens a church in Lagos, one problem my family members are against me attending Christ embassy and they criticize me because they think I am being brainwashed by Pentecostals, speaking in tongues is really a strange thing, my mum doesn't like Christ embassy all because she think they aren't serious Christians due to their dressing and the way their men relaxes their hair .

Talking about marriage I feel its going to be difficult choosing a partner coz of these church identity, I will want to avoid these same problem, so nairalanders I need your sincere and good advise because I am still your and don't want these kind of problem in marriage.

Lol. Bro, I've been there. Born and bred in the Catholic church, I later moved out to winners and RCCG, I'm back to Catholic. See eh! As you grow older in life, you will understand somethings even about your Christian life. The thing about we Catholics is the same thing every human has, you always want something you don't have, it's all a facade, give it 3 to 5 years and the scales will fall off.

My sisters left, I left but las las na we tire, LOVE is the greatest of all commandments and if you don't have it, every other thing is a jamboree, the Catholic church has it in abundance, there are certain things I feel should be abolished or reviewed, nevertheless no church is perfect. I experienced God while in RCCG but if I had been able to give it a go, I would have experienced such in the Catholic church too.

Finally, pray about it, lest you get tossed from one church to another wandering like a deserter.

3 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by dingbang(m): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2021
LadySarah:
You ppl shouldn't come here with stories that Will make world ppl laugh at us
What was ur plan before?Why didn't you marry from your church or discuss it pre marriage?

What's the difference between them again?
let me start to laugh grin
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by SolaScrivens: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2021
Reading all these comments of you must submit to your husband ...
Some even claiming to be Christian's yet insulting OP coz they feel she's not submissive enough. And I am wondering why carry another person matter for head to the point of insulting her just coz she asked for opinion on a public forum. Be like na only Colossians 3:18, Ephesians 5:22-24 and other submission scriptures the ppl abusing Op know. What about Jude 9? I guess that's not for some of the "judges".

Now truth is there will always be times a woman may not be able to and should not submit to her husband!
1st Sam 25. The story of Nabal and Abigail. Infact Abigail even called her husband a fool. God no punish her, rather na same Nabal God kill set Abigail free and gave her to better husband in person of David! And God bless her in David's home!

As to the church matter, me self I am currently experiencing such. Before I got married, I lived in Abuja while my now hubby resides in Lagos. I asked about his church, even attended once when I came to meet his parents in Lagos and I didn't notice so much, we went late.

But upon getting married I realized so much that contradicts my current believes!

Personally I just love to worship in a Bible (word) based church rather than prophet based ministry, miracle based ministry etc.

I am not interested in anointing oils, water etc. When the name of Jesus is enough, I don't need such anymore.

I don't like churches that place so much emphasis on GOs (infact before marriage I told hubby I don't like GO churches). He said his church was like CAC, but apparently it's a GO church. I love Christ to be the center of worship, I just hate the concept of so much reverence to humans which is always the case in so many GO churches...

A church that places money above welfare of members is a no no for me. I can't even go into details.
Plus I believe and understand that church is not what we need at the moment for our family growth. Honestly it's not helping our union in anyway!
Plus many other things I can't begin to type.

I expect that my husband as a head of the family who should love his wife and home as Christ loves the church, should be interested in our total well being, our growth rather than arrogantly insist on what doesn't work for his home!...

Life is about give and take. even the scriptures has pointed two can't work together except they agree.
And that should be the focus of leaders. A common agreement.

When my parents were newyly married,my mum was cele, my dad deeper life.
My mum tried attending deeper, but she couldn't flow, my dad off course couldn't attend cele. So he said they should pray and watch, God will direct them. Some how someone invited my dad for a prog in CAC, he took my mum along...
And that's how they both fell in love with CAC, and realized this was something both could work with. Rather than only my dad being blessed in deeper life. And from time to time he attended Deeper life prog, even buys deeper life cassettes to listen to. And he actively participated in CAC prog, became a youth cord, a Sunday school teacher, my mum equally became well integrated and became a Sunday school teacher, and they eventually both grew in faith in agreement; off course in responsibilities in the church!...

I am not saying every home must take my father and mum's route. But there has to be place of agreeing together to actually efficiently work together and grow together.

God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2021
Witttyduchess:

Sex starved pervert, I just checked my mail now and saw your mail request.
See screenshot
gringrin I already know that you and new dawn are one and the same, so this is stale. And I know that you and one of the mods obviously are involved in this shite. Good that you shits can't get my email password, slowpoke.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Man And His Horse Wearing Lord's Chosen Apron (Photo) / Pope Francis Threatens To Fire Nigerian Priests / What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.