Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman (36688 Views)

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? / Dominion City Lagos Church Outside Church - At Home (Live Video) / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by deepwater(f): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2021
deepwater:
The bible says women should be submissive to their husband

You all above are submissive to your pastor

Woman wey dey jump from church to church na ashewo

You just cool down to embarrass your husband for public and church because say him marry u abi?

Imagine a pastor wey him wife no dey come him church. Baba has our full support to tidy that choir mistress.

What nonsense is that!

dapadawee:

I feel her husband pain when you marry wrong what can u do

Divorce the birth
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by FORWARDEVERLY: 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2021
I just dey laugh the phool wey be your husband..
The weakling couldn't stamp his authority at home..
Ndi ara..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by gwama: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
For this kinds of war, it is better to take your life partner in the church were you go. cool cool
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Oladee88: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2021
davies:
If your mind isn't there my sister just keep attending your Dominion city. Those that worship God, worship him in spirit and truth.
I use to be a minister in RCCG but was brot up in Foursquare, after many years not actually finding the inner quest of worship with my creator at RCCG,
I had to return to my Foursquare Gospel Church & now I find peace, love and fellowship among my brethren

You did not find peace love and fellowship in Rccg cos of u not cos of the church. Church only leads u to God it does not determine your relationship with God. There re plenty people in that Foursquare that don't even know God likewise in Rccg. The bible made us know that u will only find God if you seek him in truth and spirit not the church u re going

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by gwama: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2021
For this kinds of war, it is better to take your life partner in the church were you enter. cool cool
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by statesman6: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2021
iLegendd:
I didn't bother reading after the first two lines. A disrespectful woman would always want to do her thing with a convincing excuse to cover up. (Feminism).

Yes, husbands can be wrong at times, but for agreeing to marry him, you've agreed to follow his lead. If he can't lead, then divorce him and find a man that can lead.

If he was a Muslim billionaire like Ned Nwoko, you wouldn't mind converting to Islam for him and wear hijab to show your loyalty.

I still don't know why you relate this topic with Muslim and hijab tho. My brother you have issue. I'll recommend celestial church for u for deliverance
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Juicewrld27: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2021
Any well meaning nlander should please find me a token to use to eat today. Things are hard and exams in sch remains just a week. I need something to live on till the semester ends. My account digits are on my signature. Thanks as you give. Happy Sunday
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Ikea81: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

I won't say it's my friend sister or whatever,it's me. It's my question

For 5years of marriage, it's been conflicting about this church matter.

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks

If I am your husband I will divorce you for this. You are very heady and not submissive like a wife. Imagine just common to follow your husband to his church na wahala , I can imagine many other things you will be dragging with him in that house.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by murphyibiam15(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
Saynoomore:

You are obviously not married! Or perhaps married but lucky to have found a good wife.

The truth is that a majority of these our women are deceptive. When desperately in need of a husby, they will agree to all "terms and conditions". When you bring up issues as this one up there, they'll even condemn their church and tell you they have, for long, been looking for a way out of their church. Some will modestly tell you that religion isn't a problem so long as we serve one true and living God, they can worship God anywhere! Others will agree to only visit their church very occasionally (e.g once in 6 months) - but all these are just to get to the alter and sign the dotted lines. AS SOON AS they get that wedding ring on their finger and pull that wedding gown (after wedding), they'll show you their true character by rebuffing all those terms they agreed to! They are schemers and scammers o! Forget all these complains they come here with. Every woman's complaints should be taken with a pinch of salt!
Lol well said, most manipulate too

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by kevapet: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
Witttyduchess:

Mynd44
Dominique
OAM4J
Justwise
Seun

This is a violation of rule 2 and this person shouldn't get away without a ban
Wu be dis one? You had to log on to your alt abi no be so after starting a fight you can't finish.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by DeRay98(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
kilmot:
The truth is you understand your Bible upside down, it's not in place for him to force you, but my question to you is;

Where is the place of wives be submissive to your husbands?

Or is it that you've not read your Bible to that part?

At this point u disregard your husband and find it ok to bring it to us to help you disrespect your husband.
Wetin be my own.? Meanwhile
She make mistake carry the matter come NL because she dey expect rubber stamp endorsement to her behaviour.
Wait make she carry this matter go give Misguided feminists and or mysandrists forum, they will put more fire for her to disregard her husband and do her own thing as she like. Then body go dey catch her until she scatter her marriage and those busybody feminist no go dey there to help her carry her wahala....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by DrFunmisticGlow: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
NewDawn2O21:
then as an agnostic you should learn to shut up and comment only on matters that your limited brain has knowledge of.
Go to romance section cos this topic is too High and intellectual for a dummy like you
reacting emotionally like an immature person instead of countering the argument. You are not worthy of my time

This is why i can't take many christians seriously. They behave like a waste of school fees.

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Sunny4pat: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
I know a pastor who divorced his wife because she refused to follow him to his church after marriage, singles should discuss all these before tying the knot.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by DeRay98(m): 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Lol well said, most manipulate too
I'm a witness to this experience...
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by kevapet: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
dingbang:
kai.. This kyn demonic advise.
Another demon who take away others freedom and way of life under the guise of marriage screaming 'i'm the head this, that' SMH.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by kevoh(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
KKele:
She made her mind to marry him. She should be okay with his choice for his family.
If not, she can decide to stay or not. It is her choice.
Ensure you know what you are getting into before saying "I do". After that stay in it.

The problem with your response is you believe the real world is 1+1=2. No, it's not exactly that straightforward. You don't have to be ok with every decision especially one that causes you unhappiness.
You can be certain 100% about what you are getting into and still make the wrong choice or over time, your right choice becomes the wrong choice.
Factors that can easily turn a right choice to a wrong one are pretence, life altering experiences, stupidity, financial dependence, children etc.
You can not keep bottling unhappiness under the guise of following the husband's choice, if a husband decides to be a ritualist. Some people are trapped in such situations, and can not even quit the marriage because they depend 100% on their spouse to meet their financial needs!
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by oluplus(m): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
iLegendd:
I didn't bother reading after the first two lines. A disrespectful woman would always want to do her thing with a convincing excuse to cover up. (Feminism).

Yes, husbands can be wrong at times, but for agreeing to marry him, you've agreed to follow his lead. If he can't lead, then divorce him and find a man that can lead.

If he was a Muslim billionaire like Ned Nwoko, you wouldn't mind converting to Islam for him and wear hijab to show your loyalty.

Funny but true.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by jimter44(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks

This is how people are missing out in marriage and alluding that marriage is a scam. The two of you would have settled the issue of church before consummating the union. As the case is now, you don't have any option than to follow the man to his church. A big lesson to intending couples.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by ThinkSmarter: 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2021
If i were ur husband, i would have let u go to any church of ur choice after wedding provided u will always give me good food, good sex, respect and won't call ur pastor daddy.
My wife will only be going to church on sundays only, no mid week whatever.
Ur husband is a christian extremist that doesn't respect ones freedom of thought and belief.
U would have discussed about ur diff faiths and belief during courship.
Show him this comment and other good ones.
Meanwhile u may likely have a mother that is domineering to ur father.
u got too much audactity.
how would u feel if on the day of ur child dedication, ur husband refuse to follow u to ur church?
endure and adjust ur emotions.
what if ur husband is from a place with no david ogbueli church and u re mandated by marriage law to go with ur husband?
Do not put religion before ur good relationship with whoever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by oluplus(m): 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Thanks to the people that gave matured advice, someone said I can go to dominion city during weekdays service and redeem on Sundays, I think I'll discuss this with him and beg him to accept, nairalanders are cool, funny and few are annoying,

Thanks to everyone

This is not the solution. You won't be faithful in your service to both churches.
You are expected to belong to a local assembly and serve God.
The way of worship in rccg may not be okay to you but if you truly open your heart to God. You will get God.
You can get tapes from dominion and still listen to their sermon.
I worship in apatost church but followed dunamis church (Pastor Eneche) closely.
That does not make me a dunamite.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
simigold:

That's why they should focus and build their marriage than building another man's church. Your heart is your first church.
Exactly! The issue of church shouldn't destroy their marriage. I have seen a couple who attended different church yet they lived happily. Husband attends Anglican while wife attend Baptist. They have been married for over 35 years
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
oluplus:

This is not the solution. You won't be faithful in your service to both churches.
You are expected to belong to a local assembly and serve God.
The way of worship in rccg may not be okay to you but if you truly open your heart to God. You will get God.
You can get tapes from dominion and still listen to their sermon.
I worship in apatost church but followed dunamis church (Pastor Eneche) closely.
That does not make me a dunamite.
debbycreamy:
Thanks to the people that gave matured advice, someone said I can go to dominion city during weekdays service and redeem on Sundays, I think I'll discuss this with him and beg him to accept, nairalanders are cool, funny and few are annoying,
Thanks to everyone
This is the best way. I have seen old couple who attended different church yet they lived in harmony.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
if i were ur husband, i would have let u go to any church of ur choice after wedding provided u will always give good food, good sex, respect and won't call her pastor daddy.
my wife will only be going to church on sundays only, no mid week whatever.
Ur husband is a christian extremist that doesn't respect ones freedom of thought and belief.
U would have discussed about ur diff faiths and belief during courship.
Show him this comment and other good ones.
I agree � with you

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
Sunny4pat:
I know a pastor who divorced his wife because she refused to follow him to his church after marriage, singles should discuss all these before tying the knot.
That pastor is fake to begin with except there is more to it
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Shinybush(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2021
speedyconnect3:

Your hubby is a pastor and you don't support him as mummy GO?

How would people have confidence in him if he can't influence his own wife to attend his church?

Or could it be that you know he is corrupt and it irritates you to see him preach what he doesn't act?

Well, what does a coconut head like me know if not to receive head from Chinenye and Bukola.

wetin me sef know, but you talk am finished
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by spiralwedge(m): 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
You are in the wrong marriage and i pity the man.
You are a shame to the man,and i am sure he is being mocked.

Imagine feeling "the Holy Spirit" where they cant correct you to go back to your husband. You are a worker in a church where they encourage disunity in your home. Thank God you mentioned the name of the church,i will never attend such a church.

Just separate from him and let him live long

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by bpalace(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
Follow him to his church on Sundays.... Do midweek service with DC... You will still be satisfied.... Pray with your husband often, pray together.... May God fulfill your heart desire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by perezeghi: 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

Apologies but your post seems to be coming from one who is just religious about attending church and church activities.

Were you and your husband not attending different churches before getting married?

Did the Bible you read not tell you that the husband is the head of the house?

If the RCCG your husband is attending looks like a wedding party then find another RCCG that looks like a church that the both of you can attend as a family and hear God's Word!!!!!

If you intend going to your church and your husband going to his own....will you be happy if your children attend a different church from the either of you?

Please do not bring confusion into your marriage with your own hands.

Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Vinnie2000(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
Woww!! shocked
I have read 10 Pages on this Thread!!
And Surprise is!!..
Righteousness89 or Righteousness12 did not comment@All!!
Why does he Dodge or Run away from Christianity-Based Topics like dis?? undecided

If Una see am, Make una Help me ask am oo.. sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pope Francis Threatens To Fire Nigerian Priests / What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Luka Ubangari, RCCG Pastor In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.