Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria (54930 Views)

Deniz Saypinar Stopped From Boarding A Plane For Wearing This (Photo) / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo) / Air Peace Passengers Asked To Delete Video In Lagos Before Boarding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by Chicastle: 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2021
generaldavo:
Greetings from here bro, kindly help a brother with the amount of flight ticket from ABJ to LAG, it's vital and urgent.
Also need an enlightenment regarding flight booking

Abuja to Lagos depend on the airline you use let me know please
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by Nonexisting1: 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
10. Airplane food doesn't really taste good; carry your food....

This one off me.

So I fit carry my foo foo and egusi soup enter Airpeace and I was wasting my time with Agofure motors.
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by AlphaStyles(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
thanks op
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by braveheart77: 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
NewDelhi:

Nothing.. just book your tickets online or at the counter at the airport, scan your luggages, obtain your boarding pass, go to the waiting lounge (they'll scan you too) then wait for your flight announcement. You need an ID card tho.

Whats a gate number on the boarding pass. Does it apply to local flights too?
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by NewDelhi(m): 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
braveheart77:

Whats a gate number on the boarding pass. Does it apply to local flights too?
Yeah gate number applies to local flight.. you have to pass through different gates to board your airline. You'll easily see the different gates (doors) while at the waiting lounge. They are entrances at the back of the final officials who will check your tickets and ask you to board. You'll hear something like arik air flight number VM005 now boarding at gate 10.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by braveheart77: 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
NewDelhi:

Yeah gate number applies to local flight.. you have to pass through different gates to board your airline. You'll easily see the different gates (doors) while at the waiting lounge. They are entrances at the back of the final officials who will check your tickets and ask you to board. You'll hear something like arik air flight number VM005 now boarding at gate 10.

Thanks a lot.

I believe the Seat No and flight No is also on the boarding pass right?
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by braveheart77: 12:57am On Nov 22, 2021
bjtinz:

My little addition:

As much as possible book and check in online. Saves you the hassle of having to line up at the check-in counter. It's also enables you choose your seat.

Edit: for MMA2, you will still be required to stamp you printed boarding pass. This doesn't apply to other airports

How can you check in Online?

And does this mean i skip the check in point entirely and go straight to the waiting lounge?
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by bjtinz: 5:06am On Nov 25, 2021
braveheart77:

How can you check in Online?

And does this mean i skip the check in point entirely and go straight to the waiting lounge?

For the first question, after payment, you proceed to the 'manage booking', enter your reference (PNR), click check in, select your seat then proceed to download and print your boarding pass. It's that simple. For some eg Arik, airpeace, you just need a copy since it's already in duplicate, for others eg Dana, yiu need two copies.

For the second question, yes. Just present the printed boarding passes with your printed ticket at the boarding gate and youll be allowed in. At least for most airports I use, Abj, Enu, Lagos old terminal.

However like I said in the last post, the only exception so far has been MMA2. They explained due to the nature of airport even with online checkin, one still has queue up.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by braveheart77: 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
bjtinz:

For the first question, after payment, you proceed to the 'manage booking', enter your reference (PNR), click check in, select your seat then proceed to download and print your boarding pass. It's that simple. For some eg Arik, airpeace, you just need a copy since it's already in duplicate, for others eg Dana, yiu need two copies.

For the second question, yes. Just present the printed boarding passes with your printed ticket at the boarding gate and youll be allowed in. At least for most airports I use, Abj, Enu, Lagos old terminal.

However like I said in the last post, the only exception so far has been MMA2. They explained due to the nature of airport even with online checkin, one still has queue up.

Thanks a lot. This is very clear.

One last question; at what point will my laptop get checked. Is it also at the check in point or at the entry to the waiting lounge?

Can i put my laptop under the seat in front of me?
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by ugoonuoha: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
bjtinz:

Please what terminal does Arik use in Lagos...MMA2 or old terminal?
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by braveheart77: 2:43am On Jan 14, 2022
ugoonuoha:

Just call their customer care
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by bjtinz: 8:19am On Jan 15, 2022
ugoonuoha:

Last I visited they were at old terminal. However it's possible they might change. Like Braveheart suggested its best you contact them. They usually responsive.
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by bunsuq: 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2022
Laughing out loud reading your air travel experience because I had something similar. A sharp head ache! It was as if my head wanted to explode! I was just screaming. Also asked for parachute too ��. I t was on a flight from Spain to UK. The white man beside me was just trying to calm me down. After a while, the ache went off as the plane stabilised in altitude.

sanyahkod:
My own issue when on high altitude was that I had a very sharp ear ache. A very serious one at that. I almost wanted to call the air hostess that I'm not doing again, they should just gimme parachute biko. Lol. And yes it was that serious. I've never had an ear ache before so I found it really strange and uncomfortable. Has anyone experienced that before?
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by bunsuq: 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2022
Gently blow, as if blowing your nose, while pinching your nostrils and keeping your mouth closed. Repeat several times, especially during descent, to equalize the pressure between your ears and the airplane cabin

FLYFIRE:
What of if our ears block mid air, what should we do grin grin grin
Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by sanyahkod(m): 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
bunsuq:
Laughing out loud reading your air travel experience because I had something similar. A sharp head ache! It was as if my head wanted to explode! I was just screaming. Also asked for parachute too ��. I t was on a flight from Spain to UK. The white man beside me was just trying to calm me down. After a while, the ache went off as the plane stabilised in altitude.

Lol. Such a memorable experience.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria by Grit2943(m): 8:23am On Oct 20, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight / Lady Reveals The Reply A Stranded Man Gave Her, After She Gave Him A Lift In Lag / A Visit To Kano 3-In-1 N4.5 Billion Dangi Underpass Bridge (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.