Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business (35224 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by fortune1968: 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2021
infinixhot3:

No be lie. I run the POS business for a friend, the capital is 700k within a month we made 150k pure profit excluding all expenses,my feeding and transport.

So with good location and a reasonable capital POS business is good but you must be smart and wise cos of fraudsters.
Wait . Are you sure this is true ? 150k profit in a month ? Unbelievable !
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by highness25(m): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2021
Daytonbale:
Please I don't know which section to post this.
Dear Nairalanders please help me out , I secure a new job in bank in Lagos and the salary is 55,000 per month for a start and they will increase it after three months and from my house to my office is not far is trekkable I don't pay Tp to work.

And I also have a new pos machine that will give me money too I don't know what to do since the bank job Don't give me time to combine the two, my bank working hours is from 7am to 5pm and I can't combine the two .
Please can I resign in the Bank and concentrate with the POS business
or should leave the POS and concentrate with the bank Job .

please help me
Honestly speaking, nothing is wrong with POS business, I have a friend who makes more that that bank salary a month. He makes 70 to 60k per month, that's his commission oo i have not mentioned the physical ones he makes too. Although, it depends on your capital and location but bank job of 50k isn't bad too. If I were you I would employ someone to the POS for me while I go to work.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Jonah507(m): 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2021
Penguin2:

Wow!

I said that because my POS business flopped. Though I think it’s because of bad location and I wasn’t even doing the business with enough capital.

Carry out survey of another location and just try it if you still have your terminal intact. Location is key in the business.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Thallyheart(f): 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
Penguin2:

You people shouldn’t be telling this kind of lies na!

Haba!

lol its true you can earn that i work for soomeone pos during weekdays nothing less than 5k weekends 10k upward....good environment, if youre friendly and most importantly being prayerful.scammers plenty
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by dmostcheerful(f): 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
Daytonbale:
am yet to start
You deserve beating.
You are counting on a business you haven't started to a job you got.
Is like you just want to make a post for posting sake.
Mtcheeeew
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2021
Yes,resign
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Penguin2: 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2021
Jonah507:

Carry out survey of another location and just try it if you still have your terminal intact. Location is key in the business.

Yea. Thank you!

Though I returned the machine.

Lemme concentrate on other things first.

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by akin9ja78(m): 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2021
Na your village people just won treat your F up, u won leave bank go do POS u be mumu.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by elisho: 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2021
go for the bank job after one look for person u trust and put he or she there you will growth faster on weekend you can go there and stay that's my advice
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by timothydare(m): 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2021
tomilayomi:
Take the bank offer and look for someone you can trust with the POS business, you can even fund the POS business with loan from the bank you're working.
Ya head get oil
Take 1 bottle
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Daytonbale: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2021
dmostcheerful:

You deserve beating.
You are counting on a business you haven't started to a job you got.
Is like you just want to make a post for posting sake.
Mtcheeeew
I have started the both

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by HRSweetness(f): 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2021
EasyForexAcadem:
Let me educate you a little ,some pos company come with a monthly target some 3 million while others 100 transactions per month and you earn incentives. I have never see anyone who does a bank job and his life remain same even if you are not as rich as you should be you will be very successful in other markets (Labour or Trade)

LOL, your assertions about the bank job, really? In spite of their role in the bank?
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Daytonbale: 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2021
highness25:
Honestly speaking, nothing is wrong with POS business, I have a friend who makes more that that bank salary a month. He makes 70 to 60k per month, that's his commission oo i have not mentioned the physical ones he makes too. Although, it depends on your capital and location but bank job of 50k isn't bad too. If I were you I would employ someone to the POS for me while I go to work.
thanks
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Brunicekid(m): 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2021
bigdammyj:
Noted
Funny comment grin grin
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Daytonbale: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Why are you still seeking for advice? Obviously you have made up your mind to stick with POS business; do kindly give us update after 3months.
I want to combine the two now am in Lagos
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Gbogbowa: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2021
Olorun oni he kori ija aye oo,hold on to the bank job
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Yeeyo: 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2021
Bozz01:

Ma friend beta focus on the Bank Job oo
may be he is afraid of massive down size that is coming soon

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Daytonbale: 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2021
robosky02:

Give your self 3 to 6 months on the bank job

While put somebody to manage the POS first

Then see the growth and prospect in the 2 two then take a decision
thanks
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by dmostcheerful(f): 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2021
Daytonbale:
I have started the both
Good
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Daytonbale: 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2021
HEBEI:
I have pos machines too. If you actually and sincerely love yourself, concentrate on your banking job. Pos business is not as profitable as it used to be due to so many people in the business now.

Employ someone else to run the pos for you while concentrate on your banking job.

I am not on nairaland to give advice, but I don't want you to make a mistake that you will regret for a long time.
thanks
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Emmbanny(m): 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
If you have a capital of a million plus with a good location, you might be getting about 200k a month. A brother of mine has like 4 POS shops, dude makes nothing less than 700k a month from all his shops
I agree with you

People don't know, there is cool cash in POS business when you enough cash in it
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by miqos02(m): 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:

If you can can make 84 transactions per week @ 100 per transaction, then you are good to go.
that's just 8400 profit
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by bowagateglobal: 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2021
I feel this is what you need to do:
1. What was the terms giving to you about the Pos you got.
2. Find out from other Pos dealers from your side and know how much they earn.
3. Find a good spot or location you can get a shop.
4. Get a trustworthy person who can handle your pos business and place the person on a monthly salary.
5. Start the pos business to support your job. When you close from your job and rest a little you can go to your shop and know how sales are..

Its not a bad idea to have two businesses that gives you income daily and monthly.. with your monthly salary you can support your pos {if no profit for the first month which is close to impossible because everyone uses pos just because of the que in the bank }
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Gambit23: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2021
Penguin2:

I once ran a POS business oga.

I dont believe so. If y ever did or if u ever ran such a business before, u should easily know that u can make as much as 20k daily....it all depends on ur location.

And how much were u making daily?
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by murmee: 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2021
Cof1ex:
grin
Can you see future with the POS business...?
U better use your head before another man go use am for you oo.
I'm laughing!

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Sweeetheart(m): 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2021
Daytonbale:
am yet to start

try and have capital first, focusing on pos ain't a bad idea but get more capital first. at least 6-8months bank job with strict Savin's can give you a dream of your business
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Penguin2: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2021
Gambit23:

I dont believe so. If y ever did or if u ever ran such a business before, u should easily know that u can make as much as 20k daily....it all depends on ur location.

And how much were u making daily?

Location was poor, same with capital base.

Plus springing up of other centers in the area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Gambit23: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2021
fortune1968:
Wait . Are you sure this is true ? 150k profit in a month ? Unbelievable !

All depends on location. If u are in a big market, U will make much more than that monthly.

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Gambit23: 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
Penguin2:

Location was poor, same with capital base.

Plus springing up of other centers in the area.

That's the P, once u are in a semi hidden place with few customers, u will.be making 1k daily...Some people in markets or very crowded places make a lot of money, am sure about this. In Enugu here, 100k withdrawal will give u like 1k - 1.5k profit and such withdrawals are constantly made in big markets like ogbete or in building material markets.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Borosilicate(m): 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
Get someone(trusted) that will help u run d POS business because as time goes on,the so called businesses will somehow fail,so get along with the banking job as there will b promotion anytime soon........Use ur head well
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Goalnaldo(m): 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
Why not take the bank job and do your POS business during weekends?? That way you can manage the two together.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by DAMN99: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2021
If you have a good location you can earn a minimum of 200k monthly with your pos job..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

13 Hidden Secrets Lawyers Won’t Tell Their Client / 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja / Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.