Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business (35206 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Trillionier007(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2021
Both the bank job and pos all na scam. quit both and start doing bata collectral abi na lapo self. lol TreetyTrillionierGangTTG

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Seniorwriter(m): 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2021
I wonder why people find it hard to build and manage their own business or venture for even Ten years rather they'll prefer to work under another establishments for three or more decades been paid salaries .

@OP if you pitch your interests and dedications more to your private business (POS) you'll be better off financially than what you'll achieve as a banker.

@Seniorwriter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by nedekid: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad Yes! Resign from 55k job and Sidon inside kiosk dey chop Ewa Aganyin ,sleep and drink pure water
Lolz
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by ridbell01(m): 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2021
You can combine the two I know one of top staff of a bank running pos business and still working in the bank
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by adedehinbo(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
Penguin2:

Don’t resign from that job o!

My POS flopped.

The business has been bastardized. Everybody is now into it.

You will find out that if u go for it, you might be able to save up to 50k a month.

Take up that bank job. Then find a sales girl that won’t demand high salary and keep her at the POS spot.
pls guide me on how I can start the pos business
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by invigilator(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
Nigeria isn't a safe zone for any business which you do not have a source of capital to feed to it. We have experienced charges in the financial sector greatly increased this year from VAT to Stamp Duty to USSD and before 2023 you don't know what other charges will be added with the rate at which POS businesses increases per street, junction and LGA it will be a huge Revenue if the deluded govt decides to revise the charges on POS transactions NGAs will now resort to other means maybe fall back to the ATMS. Focus on your bank job bro(with this you have a risk bearer not you being the risk bearer) if you want to venture into POS businesses which is rapidly gaining the market due to ease of transaction at a per se cheaper rate, you can employ a reliable individual to be working for you as a POS Attendant. Now you've got a job and a business. 30days of assured salary plus the income generated from the POS business. Minus the salary you pay the attendant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Geesaintagape: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
I hate bank job so i can't advise u
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2021
No be juju be this.
Your yet to start and already thinking of quiting for POS...

Daytonbale:
am yet to start

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by cbngov01(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2021
MBA no give us legal deed of agreement? Them still japa!
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by HOVER206: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
Daytonbale:
Please I don't know which section to post this.
Dear Nairalanders please help me out , I secure a new job in bank in Lagos and the salary is 55,000 per month for a start and they will increase it after three months and from my house to my office is not far is trekkable I don't pay Tp to work.

And I also have a new pos machine that will give me money too I don't know what to do since the bank job Don't give me time to combine the two, my bank working hours is from 7am to 5pm and I can't combine the two .
Please can I resign in the Bank and concentrate with the POS business
or should leave the POS and concentrate with the bank Job .

please help me
You can do it during weekends
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Fakbrown: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
I run a pos shop, I have two, so far I would always prefer being my boss rather than work for a bank with 55k, a very business has a starting point, but it might be tough initially but just believe, my advice is look for a good location, or location where you the one introducing it, I would have gotten more shop but is risk prone,

3 Likes

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Segzy19: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
You havent told us your position in the bank; cashier, security, janitor or what...

You haven't told us your expected returns from the POS business.

What if tomorrow CBN comes out with a policy that discourages POS business?

For me, I will say keep to your bank job please.

You can find someone to manage the POS business for you..

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Jackbaur88: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
EmmySmiles:
Are you high on cheap drugs?...

Why can't you do the both?...I worked in a bank while also running my POS business. Infact sometimes I send some customers to my POS outlet when the branch is crowded. I also run a different kind of POS business then.

I also open account in my outlet.

I collect deposit and charge a token
Baba please I need you to enlighten me on this. Is this same as agent banking?
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Bentila(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
Penguin2:

Well you might be right.

And I suppose the shops are in good locations too
Oh, he's no longer amotivational speaker again?
Naija. Nairalanders , too quick to name people

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Jayslyder: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
Wetin be the difference??
U are still handling people's money
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by mosesprince(m): 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
Employ a trusted person for your POS business
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by deavicky(m): 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
[quote author=Daytonbale post=103363630]Please I don't know which section to post this.
Dear Nairalanders please help me out , I secure a new job in bank in Lagos and the salary is 55,000 per month for a start and they will increase it after three months and from my house to my office is not far is trekkable I don't pay Tp to work.

And I also have a new pos machine that will give me money too I don't know what to do since the bank job Don't give me time to combine the two, my bank working hours is from 7am to 5pm and I can't combine the two .

please help me [/quotehow does the bank job affect ur pos business.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by harmony75: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
You have not started the POS business and you're Comparing it with the Bank job are you serious at all
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by akanjikokoro: 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
Look for a worker to handle your POS. Pls dont resign your new job.

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by deavicky(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
Daytonbale:

please help me
how does the banking job affect ur POS business. Laziness loading.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Sebgajere(m): 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2021
Oga employ someone to run d pos for u that's what other bankers do. Incase u still want to resign biko I want to replace u.

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by intruder15(m): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
If you have a capital of a million plus with a good location, you might be getting about 200k a month. A brother of mine has like 4 POS shops, dude makes nothing less than 700k a month from all his shops

Gross profit or net profit. As expenses such as staff salaries, lighting and electricity as well as shop rent ought to be deducted.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Penguin2: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2021
adedehinbo:
pls guide me on how I can start the pos business

Just visit any Opay office in whichever state you are in because it was Opay POS that I used and it was good.

Banks give POS too. But the problem is that sometimes they charge your customers extra #100 for each transaction after you have charged them. That amounts to double charging and some people don’t find it funny.

Again there other companies that give POS machine but sometimes they set targets you must meet every month which you might meet if you just started.

But Opay is more flexible. That’s why I recommend them. So walk into their office and they will take it up from there.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by hardbody: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2021
tomilayomi:

Here is my advice

Well said, but I am not sure contract staff enjoy bank loans. At the salary benchmark he mentioned, he is a contract staff and not a full fledged staff. In any case, no full fledged bank staff will reason this question, in my own time, i only asked whether i should take up the telecoms or bank job that came at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by GreenAgain: 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2021
Even many bank executives and managers have side hustle (though the bank must not get to know as is unethical for you to have a business along side your employment) You need not quite your job, hire a school leaver to manage the POS.
A time is coming when you will realize that work experience count too, aside money.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by moshuur(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2021
mtchewww....this op's question reeks of stupidity

on a second thought, maybe d op just feel like opening a thread to catch cruise.
cuz any sane adult/man knows d answer to this dumb question.
mind u op never start d so called biz ooooo.
SMH
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Raxxye(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2021
Guy, better use your head o!
How can u resign from w bank job for a POS business that is yet to even start? Na wa o!
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Glamouzpeter(f): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2021
If u love your life no try ham
Even if your friend de advice u, run away from such friends, they no like u
Even if u dey dream wake up

Instead get a trusted someborie to work for u, check ur income and expenses at the end of every day to avoid story that touches the heart
God bless ur hustle
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by stupidmod3: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2021
Daytonbale:

please help me
how much u making from d pos
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by HEBEI: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2021
Daytonbale:

please help me
I have pos machines too. If you actually and sincerely love yourself, concentrate on your banking job. Pos business is not as profitable as it used to be due to so many people in the business now.

Employ someone else to run the pos for you while concentrate on your banking job.

I am not on nairaland to give advice, but I don't want you to make a mistake that you will regret for a long time.
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Thesaint141(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2021
Why u go resign, employ person make e help u dey run the POS business na.
Na wa for u ooo
Re: Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
POS business is cool when you have enough capital and a good location(proliferation of the business doesn't matter here). You can assign a trusted person to handle the POS business for you while you still continue your bank job.

I knew a wise person will write this, so I was carefully reading through before posting the same thing.

No need to write again because this is enough advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja / 13 Hidden Secrets Lawyers Won’t Tell Their Client / Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.