Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,535 members, 7,850,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:45 AM

Advice Needed On My property - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice Needed On My property (288 Views)

My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? / Am a Farmer,Need Money to Farm,Pls.buy my Property. / Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On My property by Nairaland1stson(m): 6:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hello guys.

I don't really know if this is the right section for this. But please I will be needing your opinions and advice on this situation I am experiencing presently.

My property is situated on a slopey land, so while building this property a drainage system was designed and built to accommodate water from the compound. This drainage was built few meters away from the building with a gutter that channels every drop of water from the compound to this drainage.

Now, to the main point. There is a two storey commercial building that is quite close to my fence, when ever it rains most of the water from the roof of the building falls directly into my compound.(probably because the pipe put in place for rain water went off) This doubles the amount of rain water in my compound when it is raining. It makes my compound flood because the gutters is not so big to accommodate such amount of water at a time. It is so bad that when it rains heavily the water sometimes flows into my apartment. The owner of this building resides there and he sees this, I have confronted and instructed him to fix his roof but he has blatantly refused. He enjoys watching my compound flood when ever it rains. I need your opinions on how to handle this issue.. Your suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: Advice Needed On My property by MMempire(m): 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
Make sure you look for knockouts (banger), lit as much as you can and aim for his roof. Watch him fetch water from his parlour when it rains again. No be only you go suffer.
Re: Advice Needed On My property by Karleb(m): 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
Just involve the police and a lawyer.

You'd be surprised at the results you'll get.
Re: Advice Needed On My property by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2021
As much as I will blame the owner of the storey building nearby, I will state that the building compound was not sloped enough, i will recommend you find a way to heavily slope it to an angle that water will be directed outside of your building compound, either channeled towards the gate, thereby draining water out from your compound into the streets.
Re: Advice Needed On My property by Nairaland1stson(m): 11:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
MMempire:
Make sure you look for knockouts (banger), lit as much as you can and aim for his roof. Watch him fetch water from his parlour when it rains again. No be only you go suffer.

I don't think bangers will be able to peirce his roof grin
Re: Advice Needed On My property by Nairaland1stson(m): 11:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
Karleb:
Just involve the police and a lawyer.

You'd be surprised at the results you'll get.

I don't want to involve the police yet, for reasons best known to me. I just want a way I can get him to fix that.
Re: Advice Needed On My property by Nairaland1stson(m): 11:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
Wish2Die:
As much as I will blame the owner of the storey building nearby, I will state that the building compound was not sloped enough, i will recommend you find a way to heavily slope it to an angle that water will be directed outside of your building compound, either channeled towards the gate, thereby draining water out from your compound into the streets.

I wish I could share pictures of my property here to show you the slope on the compound but I am sorry I can't for privacy reasons. The land is so sloped that you can't Chanel the water towards the gate..

A lot of sand filling was done with red mud on the compound to level and reduce the flow of water coming towards the building. The water was initially channeled at my backyard but the owners of the land behind developed it hence meaking me constructing the drainage.. Even the two storey building has its own channeled at the backyard because the land there is yet to be developed.

But I believe channeling the water outside the gate could have been achieved if it was done before building. We didn't realize how slopey it was till after work commenced.
Re: Advice Needed On My property by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 04, 2021
Nairaland1stson:

I wish I could share pictures of my property here to show you the slope on the compound but I am sorry I can't for privacy reasons. The land is so sloped that you can't Chanel the water towards the gate..

A lot of sand filling was done with red mud on the compound to level and reduce the flow of water coming towards the building. The water was initially channeled at my backyard but the owners of the land behind developed it hence meaking me constructing the drainage.. Even the two storey building has its own channeled at the backyard because the land there is yet to be developed.

But I believe channeling the water outside the gate could have been achieved if it was done before building. We didn't realize how slopey it was till after work commenced.
k, but if you can send it to my WhatsApp let see if there's another workable solutions, contact on my signature

(1) (Reply)

2 Blocks Of 8 Nos Miniflat For Sale At Igbogbo, Ikorodu @ N25million(negotiable) / Borehole Water Project / What Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Says About Femi Osibona Before The Tragedy (WATCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.