Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues (31731 Views)

Peter Obi's Kano Visit: See How Northerners Responded To Adamu Garba's Attack / Exposed : See How Northerners Are Dominating NNPC / Article Exposes How Northerners Use The Central Bank To Loot Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by CSTRR: 7:29am On Jul 05, 2021
There is no unified South.

That is the problem.

It's not like they don't know what is right.

They have no weight against a single Northern Bloc.

The south must unify.

Sacrifice parochial interests and unify.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by CSTRR: 7:30am On Jul 05, 2021
sanpipita:
Niger Delta are always saying Biafra wants to steal their oil yet they sat down and watched these people take huge percent of oil resources from their soil and gave them 3% percent and they accepted
They only enjoy it when you steal their oil within Nigeria.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Ikpunekenwa(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:
Northerners know how to unite together whenever they need something regarding their region, you see the Southerners, we are educated for nothing. Always in unfriendly/unhealthy competition with each other.

If we are not fighting ourselves, it could be pulling each others down yet some clowns would be blaming Northerners for Southern Nigeria's woes..

Eish

Check your name here, if it is not here and you are bmc, try to add it before the weekend because we are submitting it to the natural assembly, each person there will receive 10% of PIB.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by InvertedHammer: 7:33am On Jul 05, 2021
/
grin grin grin

Had it been there was one person with Igbo name in that meeting, all the Niger Delta ants will crawl out and start wailing. The North come in their backyard, rob them blind and rub it in their face. What do you get? Total silence! Let the North lord over other Nigerians since they are the only group that got their acts together. No mention of APC or PDP in the meeting because regional interests reign supreme.

/

1 Like

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by itsene: 7:33am On Jul 05, 2021
Always looking for something to cause disaffection.
Shame on this ethnic writer!
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by P1PrinceKT(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2021
Anikulhapo:
Northeners will form unity regardless of party but stupid southerners will always go with party supremacy, we go see

That's why we think only PDP is a saint.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Geeman2006: 7:35am On Jul 05, 2021
Mikecold:
Tomorrow the Satan of sokoto would be forming religious father but a Terrorist always scheming in the night

The Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, the minister of petroleum, Mele Kyari, the Federal Capital Territory Minister, Mohammed Bello, was in the scheming meeting

They just want billions to continue been siphoned in the north all in a vague search of non existent oil

When would sultan arrange meeting on how to share zamfara gold?

So all the message passed, it's the Sultan you pick out from the whole story undecided
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by CSTRR: 7:37am On Jul 05, 2021
A remi tinubu will support party supremacy above collective southern interests.
She did it not too long ago.

An abaribe will also support party supremacy above Southern collective interests.

While there is no real difference between an APC Northern senator and a PDP Northern senator.

They are in the same when it comes to fundamental issues of the North.

Northern PDP governors were supporting RUGA and grazing routes initiated by the Buhari govt.
They are also against fiscal restructuring just like the Buhari govt.

The south needs to get smart.
If we have to remain in Nigeria, then we have to find a way to configure it in our image to make good progress.

3 Likes

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Generalnomercy: 7:40am On Jul 05, 2021
triple996:
Meanwhile fufu people are busy burning infrastructures in their region bt come online to call northerners illiterates only to be shocked at the dominance and control northerners have over d country.

Look at them here.

This is one of them. Efulefu.

1 Like

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by hegelian: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:
Northerners know how to unite together whenever they need something regarding their region, you see the Southerners, we are educated for nothing. Always in unfriendly/unhealthy competition with each other.

If we are not fighting ourselves, it could be pulling each others down yet some clowns would be blaming Northerners for Southern Nigeria's woes..

Eish

And you are the chief of that pull down, always supporting the northerners to pite your perceived southern enemies.. Have you ever supported any southern driven policies? No the only thing you know how to shout is one Nigeria which u know benefit the north most.. So bros you are the no 1 enemy of the south

1 Like

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:41am On Jul 05, 2021
Are they referring to Sokoto Grandnut oil undecided
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Ikpunekenwa(m): 7:43am On Jul 05, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
The south are no more electing literate ones to represent them but prefer to vote rich Illiterate ones who are done with fraud and malpractices in foreign countries. sad

I wish most of we southerners were like me but it is very dangerous, I can remember during my service year 2015 that I was in charge of a polling unit, PDP and APC beg me tire to collect bribe and change result but I couldn't come to terms with such malpractice, imagine it was the police I was looking up to that compelled me to bend that the villagers were planning to injure me, na them collect the bribe but what I did was to send the first result online immediately network came into my scanner. These incompetent politicians will use blood money to buy all the votes, go into government to refund their money with clean money whereas the idiots that sold themselves up will be suffering for the next four years. After the tenure the cycle continues.
It is we ourselves that is the cause of our problem.

3 Likes

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Generalnomercy: 7:43am On Jul 05, 2021
Yorubads remain problem of the south. They remain sellouts.

Let the south keep suffering it.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2021
adecz:

sad sad sad sad sad

❎Parasitic north, always scheming
ways to keep surviving from the
God given wealth from the south, while
they keep quiet as their region is
slowly being destroyed by the almajiri
they have given birth to & refuse to
educate.

❎These millions of almajiris grow into
adults with nothing in their heads &
hearts apart from religious fanaticism
& intolerance. They are therefore
an endless supply of soldiers for boko
haram and their regional leaders to
use against people of other regions or
faiths.

❎Unfortunately, no matter the resources
they steal into their region, poverty will
always be their companion, so long as
the feudal Fulani control them.

Unfortunately for the yyoroba, most
of their political strongmen in these
govt are Muslims & tend to foolishly share
a solidarity with the Fulani, who in
private have total contempt for them
& don't recognize them as 'real' Muslims.

They blindly act against the interests
of their own people in order to please the Fulani.

you have said it all

1 Like

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by millhouse: 7:47am On Jul 05, 2021
When it comes to oil matter , see as northern coalition stuck together for a common goal
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:50am On Jul 05, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

I wish most of we southerners were like me but it is very dangerous, I can remember during my service year 2015 that I was in charge of a polling unit, PDP and APC beg me tire to collect bribe and change result but I couldn't come to terms with such malpractice, imagine it was the police I was looking up to that compelled me to bend that the villagers were planning to injure me, na them collect the bribe but what I did was to send the first result online immediately network came into my scanner. These incompetent politicians will use blood money to buy all the votes, go into government to refund their money with clean money whereas the idiots that sold themselves up will be suffering for the next four years. After the tenure the cycle continues.
It is we ourselves that is the cause of our problem.
That vote buying cuts across both North and South. I served in 2009 in the North. And your experience is exactly the same as mine. The thing has become a disease

1 Like

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by israelmao(m): 7:51am On Jul 05, 2021
Among communities where crude oil is being exploited and communities which petroleum oil pipeline passes through, which ones bear the higher risk?The Problem is,our lawmakers are more driven by selfishness than selflessness,they are more apt in representing themselves rather than represent their people.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Okoroawusa: 7:51am On Jul 05, 2021
I was looking for the "how"

Journalism in Nigeria na wa o!

1 Like

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Ojukwubucket(m): 7:52am On Jul 05, 2021
triple996:
Meanwhile fufu people are busy burning infrastructures in their region bt come online to call northerners illiterates only to be shocked at the dominance and control northerners have over d country.
It's called akpu in Igbo not fufu..iti grin
Remind us of ur region again..anu grin
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by dandig(m): 7:54am On Jul 05, 2021
AnonPoet:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/02/pib-how-northerners-outwitted-their-southern-colleagues/
I seem not to Understand few things here. "The committee of the House on the other hand recommended 30% of the profit of the NNPC limited and 10% prospective mining licence". Why is the Host communities percentage dragged down to 3%?. This is what enables people from those areas to go for scholarships be it here or abroad, so why further decrease it... Is the south getting 1% from the Zamfara gold deficit?
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by yom2(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2021
triple996:
if any one accepts the geographical north south division hook line and sinker then that person is a fool. Every one should take a good look at d map ones again.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by tunjilana: 8:04am On Jul 05, 2021
Countries are aggressively exploring green energy, major IOCs are divesting and floating clean energy subsidiaries. Many countries have mandated that by 2030 petrol cars will be phased out, solar farms and nuclear plants are springing up hear and there....Yet these ones are still scheming on crude that will soon be rendered useless like coal....
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Eish

Eagles fly alone, but crows fly in groups.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Zionthelion: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2021
With all the funds and allocations going to the north and the said dominance the north is still in a state quagmire
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by edonks1: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2021
The southerners are divided always. Its a big shame with all the titles they are carrying ( Bar. Doc. Chief. Sir. Engr). Let's go ahead with the regional government and the frontiers will be funded with regional money and not ND money. PIB was past at this period after editing it to favour the North. That 30% is huge.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Eriokanmi: 8:20am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Eish
Our lawmakers are our problems. Their ideas have been mortgaged by the north because they know they like money more than they love their people. That's why the electoral act must be passed into law so that the electorate can determine who genuinely represent them. If passed into law, the majority of those who are there today won't return to abuja in 2023, many governors would also be sacked. No region is more united than the north and that's where their strength lies. Any day the south gets it right is the beginning of emancipation of the region and that's the reason the northern politicians fumed at the recent gathering of southern governors, which had been the usual practice of the north, irrespective if party and religious affiliation they must ensure they achieve their aim. They always had one voice. They understand the fact that politics is a game of number. They went to the south and wooed their governors with fat projects and encouraged them to defect to the APC and the mumus didn't know the danger such moves pretend to their people's future and to themselves. We go get sense by force
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Almaigaa: 8:20am On Jul 05, 2021
The North is the smartest Region in this Country grin grin grin grin

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Reference(m): 8:21am On Jul 05, 2021
Onepeople:
The NDDC was established as a result of failure of governance at the centre, so how do expect a system that failed to create a system that will succeed?

Apt.
And perhaps the most sensible statement I have read here in a decade.
The British left Nigeria in bitterness and handed over a system you expect to work? Nigerians must be nuts. Why will they want you to succeed and so make colonialism look bad.

Nigeria bitterly ceded more resources to oil producing communities after years of brickbats. Do Niger-Deltans realistically expect the system accompanying it to work for real development. Will Nigeria honestly permit that section of the country to run away with development at its expense.... wishful thinking.

When you buy a TV, phone, automobile, aircraft, excavator... any device or system it comes with factory settings that are basic but only effective when they are reorganised around the needs of the user to make his experiences optimum.

This is the process we call restructuring, a lot of Nigerians so hate to hear, but the failure of which has made the British rule justifiable, excusable and even re colonialism attractive and in the case of the Niger-Delta makes the youth sound out that they are perhaps better off without derivation and all the Federal paraphernalia of regional development.

The Nigerian has failed to understand that you just do not take what is given to you expecting it to work. This PIB is same. It will not work or work well if it was GIVEN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Franking: 8:33am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Eish

Mara eish
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by Thomist(m): 8:35am On Jul 05, 2021
The South always acting like slaves. They are fond of working against their own brother, highly short sighted even with the claim of education. The worst part of them are in this tribal forum.

They don't think, easy to identify each other with abuse.
Trust me if we continue like this, The Northern generation have future.
Re: PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues by dallyemmy: 8:42am On Jul 05, 2021
It is well!
Agbegbaorogboye:

And you sir, are part of the problem you identified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun: 234 Former Local Government Office Holders Dump APC For PDP (Photo) / FIRS Stops Scores Recruited By Fowler From Resuming / Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.