Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria (1115 Views)

North Is The Safest Place For Igbos – Ohanaeze / Tinubu: Fani-kayode Speaks On Attack Of Igbos In Lagos / APC Hate Igbos In Lagos - Jimi Agbaje Of The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by FreeIgbos: 9:48am On Jul 05, 2021
I will start with this popular Igbo adage that says agbaa mbu, otu n'ogwe, agbaa abuo, otu n'ogwe, obu ogwe ka apiri aku?!

What is happening in Nigeria has gone beyond becarefull. Any smart observer of events currently happening will tell you that "echi di ime" tomorrow is pregnant.

It is not uncommon to hear our people or sometimes our adversaries claim that Igbos own 60% of properties in Abuja, 40% in Jos, 30% in Kano and bla bla bla it goes. Worse still, some of us thinks it's something to brag about. Really? Maybe in sane climes but certainly not in a dog eat dog soceity like Nigeria!

It has become clear to people with foresight that Nigeria is headed for break-up in no distant time. Everything happening now and what could be extrapolated and projected towards the future already points to it with almost vivid clarity to a discerning person. I will point out a few of these factors:

1. Nigeria has gone totally broke and won't recover;

Nigeria's finances are currently in tatters and federal government is borrowing heavily to pay salaries. Worse still, income from oil is tanking, and in no distant time we will be earning very little from crude oil sales that it won't even be enough for government to do anything with. Bottom line, we can't pay back our loans and creditors will stop lending, then what happens? A collapse of government!

2. Herdsmen imbroglio:

If you look critically at the body language of Abuja, you will realize that they have no plans of building ranches for fulani herdsmen in the North. On the contrary, they are hell-bent on seizing our lands and handing it over to herdsmen. Now, this is going to cause severe crises & upheavals because land is sacred to all indigenous people anywhere in the world, and it is even more critically so in Igboland because we lack lands relative to our population. I have seen indigenes fight government or even investors over lands that were/are to be used for economic projects like universities and airports because then you wonder how they would tolerate their lands being seized and handed over to cattle rearers that offer no benefit to the community.

3. Jihard/Islamic Renaissance; you live in the North, haven't you observed the growing wave of Islam and intolerance? It started with the enactment of sharia law and its enforcement regardless of what Nigeria's constitution says. Trucks of alcoholic beverages are wantonly destroyed. Beer palours attacked. Policeman even arrested for drinking beer even when it is not against the law and now banning mannequins because it excites the libido of their men. Worse still, Boko Haram and other Islamic terror groups are spreading like wild fire in the harmattan with no serious effort made to stop them. Where do you think all these is going to end?

Have you also noticed that Northerners are gradually coming to terms to the possibility of Nigeria's break-up and are now adjusting to it? The realignment to integrate with Niger republic is also a pointer. Again, there has been talks that should East get their referendum, that all Igbos in the North will be asked to return to the East and join it. Do you know why they said that? Their aim is to seize your properties all over the North should Igbos vote Yes for Biafra and threaten you not to return.

It is important to emphasize that I didn't mention IPOB or other separatist groups as one of the factors that will lead to Nigeria's break-up because I believe they're the symptoms and not the root cause. However, they have now capitalized on the factors I mentioned above to become a massive counterforce and leveraging it to achieve their ambitions.

The way out? Please let's all stop any further investments in the North, especially if it has to do with landed properties that can't be moved. Also, if you can get buyers, now is the last chance to consider selling the ones already built and reinvesting in the East.

Anaghi agwa ochi nti n'agha esula n'ihi na ukpana okpoko buuru, nti chiri ya!

God bless all Igbos worldwide!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by survivor10(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2021
Igbos, please boycott investing in the North. I'm begging you. Think home!

3 Likes

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 05, 2021
FreeIgbos:
I [s]will start with this popular Igbo adage that says agbaa mbu, otu n'ogwe, agbaa abuo, otu n'ogwe, obu ogwe ka apiri aku?!

What is happening in Nigeria has gone beyond becarefull. Any smart observer of events currently happening will tell you that "echi di ime" tomorrow is pregnant.

It is not uncommon to hear our people or sometimes our adversaries claim that Igbos own 60% of properties in Abuja, 40% in Jos, 30% in Kano and bla bla bla it goes. Worse still, some of us thinks it's something to brag about. Really? Maybe in sane climes but certainly not in a dog eat dog soceity like Nigeria!

It has become clear to people with foresight that Nigeria is headed for break-up in no distant time. Everything happening now and what could be extrapolated and projected towards the future already points to it with almost vivid clarity to a discerning person. I will point out a few of these factors:

1. Nigeria has gone totally broke and won't recover;

Nigeria's finances are currently in tatters and federal government is borrowing heavily to pay salaries. Worse still, income from oil is tanking, and in no distant time we will be earning very little from crude oil sales that it won't even be enough for government to do anything with. Bottom line, we can't pay back our loans and creditors will stop lending, then what happens? A collapse of government!

2. Herdsmen imbroglio:

If you look critically at the body language of Abuja, you will realize that they have no plans of building ranches for fulani herdsmen in the North. On the contrary, they are hell-bent on seizing our lands and handing it over to herdsmen. Now, this is going to cause severe crises & upheavals because land is sacred to all indigenous people anywhere in the world, and it is even more critically so in Igboland because we lack lands relative to our population. I have seen indigenes fight government or even investors over lands that were/are to be used for economic projects like universities and airports because then you wonder how they would tolerate their lands being seized and handed over to cattle rearers that offer no benefit to the community.

3. Jihard/Islamic Renaissance; you live in the North, haven't you observed the growing wave of Islam and intolerance? It started with the enactment of sharia law and its enforcement regardless of what Nigeria's constitution says. Trucks of alcoholic beverages are wantonly destroyed. Beer palours attacked. Policeman even arrested for drinking beer even when it is not against the law and now banning mannequins because it excites the libido of their men. Worse still, Boko Haram and other Islamic terror groups are spreading like wild fire in the harmattan with no serious effort made to stop them. Where do you think all these is going to end?

Have you also noticed that Northerners are gradually coming to terms to the possibility of Nigeria's break-up and are now adjusting to it? The realignment to integrate with Niger republic is also a pointer. Again, there has been talks that should East get their referendum, that all Igbos in the North will be asked to return to the East and join it. Do you know why they said that? Their aim is to seize your properties all over the North should Igbos vote Yes for Biafra and threaten you not to return.

It is important to emphasize that I didn't mention IPOB or other separatist groups as one of the factors that will lead to Nigeria's break-up because I believe they're the symptoms and not the root cause. However, they have now capitalized on the factors I mentioned above to become a massive counterforce and leveraging it to achieve their ambitions.

The way out? Please let's all stop any further investments in the North, especially if it has to do with landed properties that can't be moved. Also, if you can get buyers, now is the last chance to consider selling the ones already built and reinvesting in the East.

Anaghi agwa ochi nti n'agha esula n'ihi na ukpana okpoko buuru, nti chiri ya!

God bless all Igbos worldwide!![/s]!

Ndi ala...

Killer Igbos....chineke kpokwa unu nine oku...

Ndi ogbu ara obara...

And you Mr man agitate for good governance in Imo state and stop disturbing our peace...oginidi?

After murdering innocent girls and chopping off someone's manhood in Imo state and turning the state to killing field you are moving about to know if others will buy into such stuppppidddity and sentiments....aka nabo ghokwa gi otu aka...

Tell us your investment before looking for who to advise...ndi ojoo

2 Likes

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by heniford2: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2021
Not only igbos, south south, and others the way the country is going know you need to think home make ur investment home make North as a branch because when the heat falls is usually hard to start afresh please be smart think please because nobody will support you this time around to start again

2 Likes

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by FreeIgbos: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Ndi ala...

Ndi ogbu ara obara...

And you Mr man agitate for good governance in Imo state and stop disturbing our peace...oginidi?

After murdering innocent girls and chopping off someone's manhood in Imo state and turning the state to killing field you are moving about to know if others will buy into such stuppppidddity and sentiments....aka nabo ghokwa gi otu aka...

Why is this abo.ki crying so bitterly and pouring spit everywhere?

This piece is not for unity begging impostors like you, but a warning to my beloved Igbo brothers in the North.

7 Likes

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by SlayerForever: 10:04am On Jul 05, 2021
I see our people always calling to those in the North. This is because you don't know how many of our people in the North live over there. 30% of the Igbo in the North are not looking to come back. They have ensnared themselves so deeply with Northerners. You find them married to Northerners, in some cases converted to Islam. They have several empty lands to their name over there.

Just say a few words to them. Don't break your bones when asking them to return. Some will never listen.

But have it in mind though, no number of years living in the North, or converting to Islam has brought them full inclusion and acceptance in the Northern society. Whenever it starts, they will surely be slaughtered in their numbers. My pity is for those who have their hearts at home but are based in the North, who end up getting killed. Though these group are usually alert and quick to evacuate.

3 Likes

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2021
FreeIgbos:

This piece is not for unity begging impostors like you, but a warning to my beloved Igbo brothers in the North.

Igbos in the north are comfortable.

Make your state comfortable. Not only beloved but beloveth.

You can as well advise all Imo people residing in north to come...I have no problem with that...

Just don't drag others into the mess you all and Igbos operating with no break put unasef there.

Inukwa aboki.

1 Like

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2021
Moreover biafra is dead and buried....nailed Coffin.

1 Like

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by LLiKYekoba: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2021
Juliusmalema:

[s]Ndi ala...

Ndi ogbu ara obara...

Tell us your investment before looking for who to advise...ndi ojoo[/s]

This moslem guy, why are you crying more than the bereaved?

1 Like

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 05, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

This moslem guy, why are you crying more than the bereaved?

You are guys are the ones crying. Your bitterness will only make you all to be crying more.

I cannot feel your pain continue.
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by History555: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Pls ignore that miscreant. Your mssg is well received. Any lgbo man that fails to do the needful is oyo.

Inbetween all these stories of lgbos own 30% of kano, 60% of Abuja are all lies and emotional blackmail. Ask them to list 10 lgbo industries in ne and nw. Secondly the claims lgbos in the north are in millions are just plain lies told to those that haven't been to the north.

1 Like

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by History555: 10:17am On Jul 05, 2021
SlayerForever:
I see our people always calling to those in the North. This is because you don't know how many of our people in the North live over there. 30% of the Igbo in the North are not looking to come back. They have ensnared themselves so deeply with Northerners. You find them married to Northerners, in some cases converted to Islam. They have several empty lands to their name over there.

Just say a few words to them. Don't break your bones when asking them to return. Some will never listen.

But have it in mind though, no number of years living in the North, or converting to Islam has brought them full inclusion and acceptance in the Northern society. Whenever it starts, they will surely be slaughtered in their numbers. My pity is for those who have their hearts at home but are based in the North, who end up getting killed. Though these group are usually alert and quick to evacuate.

Oga have lived in the north briefly. How many lgbos do you know are married to northerners. Don't say what you don't know. Secondly, thanks to boko haram and kanu most of our people are building back home. Forget stories of lgbo properties in the north worth trillions. That's a lie. Most lgbos in the north don't have landed properties. Its like saying majority of lgbos in the west have properties, that's not possible. However majority do have properties in the east.

1 Like

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by SlayerForever: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2021
History555:

Oga have lived in the north briefly. How many lgbos do you know are married to northerners. Don't say what you don't know. Secondly, thanks to boko haram and kanu most of our people are building back home. Forget stories of lgbo properties in the north worth trillions. That's a lie. Most lgbos in the north don't have landed properties. Its like saying majority of lgbos in the west have properties, that's not possible. However majority do have properties in the east.

You have no idea what you're saying.
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by FreeIgbos: 10:29am On Jul 05, 2021
History555:

Pls ignore that miscreant. Your mssg is well received. Any lgbo man that fails to do the needful is oyo.

Inbetween all these stories of lgbos own 30% of kano, 60% of Abuja are all lies and emotional blackmail. Ask them to list 10 lgbo industries in ne and nw. Secondly the claims lgbos in the north are in millions are just plain lies told to those that haven't been to the north.

I have already ignored the anuohia running about like a headless chicken.

Although, Igbos in the North used to number in millions cummulatively, however their numbers have steadily reduced over the years and right now, far more people are returning to the East. Also, with improvement in communication and internet, many Igbos, especially our youths now prefer to move outside Nigeria to other African countries than to live in the North.

Also, the claims that Igbos own this percentage or that percentage of properties/investments in the North may be grossly exaggerated but it is true in some instances. Are you aware that the private university that was attacked by bandits in Kaduna with students kidnapped and some killed, is owned by an Igbo man from Anambra?

However, like you said, if after all these warnings over the years about "Aku ruo ulo" they still prefer to invest in enemy territory, then they are on their own!

2 Likes

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by History555: 11:02am On Jul 05, 2021
SlayerForever:

You have no idea what you're saying.

It's people like you that are easy to deceive because you lack access to information. It's people like you that they will tell lgbos own majority of the properties in lagos and abuja and would believe. However i urge to contact a senior director in ministry of lands and find out who owns what. Majority of the landed properties in lagos are owned by yorubas by ratio of 5 to 1. Go to lagos ministry of lands, one yoruba family from oyo owns 862 properties. Just one. Then imagine others .Yorubas from all over the sw and abroad own majority of the properties in lagos. In Abuja, northerners own majority of the properties.

Lastly based on cbn reports and bvn. Only 3.4 million nigerians have one million and above irrespective of no of accounts. This includes all nigerians. 51 million own 500,000 and below. Once again incudes all nigerians.

Don't believe the hype that every lgbo man outside the east owns a property. In my own village, i can tell u confidently majority don't but have properties in the village
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2021
THEY GAVE YU THREAD TO WRITE RUBBISH,EWU,ONYE NZUZU.
STOP YU INCITING WRITING NOW B4 YU ARE PUT DOWN.IGBOS ARE AT PEACE THEIR HOST HERE IN THE NORTH. ONWERO IFE NE ME! ONWERO! ANYI NA LE IFE EBA!

1 Like

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by November1857(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2021
Juliusmalema:
[s]

Ndi ala...

Ndi ogbu ara obara...

[/s]
Can you Imagine ! What business does Aboki has with the Igbos..

2 Likes

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by EMMY76: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2021
The fulanis have been preparing for any eventuality that's why they have been looting billions of dollars since buhari came to power.

1 Like

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2021
November1857:
Can you Imagine ! What business does Aboki has with the Igbos..

Yawns.

Next
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by SlayerForever: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
History555:

It's people like you that are easy to deceive because you lack access to information. It's people like you that they will tell lgbos own majority of the properties in lagos and abuja and would believe. However i urge to contact a senior director in ministry of lands and find out who owns what. Majority of the landed properties in lagos are owned by yorubas by ratio of 5 to 1. Go to lagos ministry of lands, one yoruba family from oyo owns 862 properties. Just one. Then imagine others .Yorubas from all over the sw and abroad own majority of the properties in lagos. In Abuja, northerners own majority of the properties.

Lastly based on cbn reports and bvn. Only 3.4 million nigerians have one million and above irrespective of no of accounts. This includes all nigerians. 51 million own 500,000 and below. Once again incudes all nigerians.

Don't believe the hype that every lgbo man outside the east owns a property. In my own village, i can tell u confidently majority don't but have properties in the village

Mehnnn...bullcrap.

Go and investigate from people who are in the North then get back to me.
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by MrBachelor: 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
I agree with your analysis. Nigeria is on the brink of collapse.

Not just Igbos, every Southerner should be shifting their investment down South.

1 Like

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by escapefromusa(f): 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
Summary

1. Hausa/fulani drink cow piss
2 hausa/fulani want to colonize the whole country
3. They have stopped the south east especially Abia from developing
4. Abandon your properties and livelihood in the north and return to the east.
5. Biafra will be better than Japan. And if your children dont die from malnutrition, cultists, rituals or similar ... lipsrsealed
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
Op just visit any major town or market in the north starting from Nassarawa to Abuja to Kaduna, Katsina, Adamawa, Taraba,Jos and as far as Kano and Maiduguri then you will come back and pull down this your rubbish thread.

Igbos up North no send you...
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by lyndaway(f): 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Next time ignore the troll

He’s a attention seeker .. he quotes for attention
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by lyndaway(f): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
SlayerForever:

Mehnnn...bullcrap.

Go and investigate from people who are in the North then get back to me.

That man is right... very very correct.

Travel and learn.
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by lyndaway(f): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Op just visit any major town or market in the north starting from Nassarawa to Abuja to Kaduna, Katsina, Adamawa, Taraba,Jos and as far as Kano and Maiduguri then you will come back and pull down this your rubbish thread.

You lied ..
Igbos in the north send... igbos in the north are more united than igbos elsewhere

They attend igbo meeting every Sunday to discuss events
They pray their boys don’t marry from north .. they may give their women but not male

Every igbo man in the north is very conscious of his igboness and appreaciate same

Except those that have converted to Islam and they do that to geh funds from alhaji

You’ve to be igbo in the north to understand igbos in the north

Another

People always think Northerners are quick to destroy igbos shops .. a big lie..
Again they always believe northerners kill igbos alone during crises .. another fat lie

Every crises in the north is always religious... not tribal.. maybe the 66’ crises..

Anytime there’s crises in the north is Islam vs Muslim
Even the indigenous Christians are not spared .. even the minorities Islam’s too are not spared .. depend on your location

There’s never been crises targeted to igbos alone

Funny is that
Igbos protect themselves in the north .. and northern miscreant during crises find it hard and difficult to penetrate igbos dominated areas
Reason why during crises .. igbos dominated areas are safe heaven for all Christians .. in the location

Travel and learn
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by SlayerForever: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
lyndaway:

That man is right... very very correct.

Travel and learn.

Lies. I just came back from the North few months back. Lol.
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by SlayerForever: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2021
[s]
lyndaway:

You lied ..
Igbos in the north send... igbos in the north are more united than igbos elsewhere

They attend igbo meeting every Sunday to discuss events
They pray their boys don’t marry from north .. they may give their women but not male

Every igbo man in the north is very conscious of his igboness and appreaciate same

Except those that have converted to Islam and they do that to geh funds from alhaji

You’ve to be igbo in the north to understand igbos in the north

Another

People always think Northerners are quick to destroy igbos shops .. a big lie..
Again they always believe northerners kill igbos alone during crises .. another fat lie

Every crises in the north is always religious... not tribal.. maybe the 66’ crises..

Anytime there’s crises in the north is Islam vs Muslim
Even the indigenous Christians are not spared .. even the minorities Islam’s too are not spared .. depend on your location

There’s never been crises targeted to igbos alone

Funny is that
Igbos protect themselves in the north .. and northern miscreant during crises find it hard and difficult to penetrate igbos dominated areas
Reason why during crises .. igbos dominated areas are safe heaven for all Christians .. in the location

Travel and learn
[/s]
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Sufferingboy(f): 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
Igbos own the whole world.
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Omoslim26: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
Op I get your point,but it's not as easy as it sounds � btw it's a good thing you didn't project the agenda of that occult group ipob�it's a good start.
I can assure you that igbos are moving out from the North,funny enough even Northerners are moving their business down south, which is as a result of the rise in insecurity the region is experiencing.

1 Like

Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
@OP.

I am just laughing at you here. Adversity and fear always make people tell the truth.

For years Igbos have lied to the world that Yoruba want to kill them to possess and steal their properies in the SW.

Now that shite is real, it is the North you are warning your fellow Igbos about because deep in your heart you know Yorubas are a decent people with no interest in cheating anyone and.

Your warning shows that, despite Igbos duplicitous talk against Yorubas, you know those who would comandeer all you have slaved for, over generations, without hesitation and without concern for equity or justice.

Yorubas returned all your properties to you after the civil war and welcomed you with open arms when even you SS brothers did not do likewise.

Yet you all chose to lie against Yorubas for years and decades.

Now, fear is making you confess what you deliberately failed to admit from time immemorial which is that you all know Yorubas are the least of your problem and the most civilized and principled Nigerians you can count on to be fair to you.

Yet you chose to lie against them for decades. Now the chicken has come hime to roost. Why did you not give same advice to Igbos in the SW you are now giving Igbos in the North?
Re: Message For Igbos In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Exactly. Igbos like the OP are joker who are impractical and don't do reality.

Go to Ladipo, OJo, Alaba, Festac and other places in Lagos where literally many thousands of Igbos are trading and you will see people disinterested in Biafra and not about to ditch the lives they have built for any lunacy of Kanu and some frustrated touts in the SE.

If Biafra is something all Igbos are ready to go and sacrifice for then why are the millions of young and able-bodied Igbos in the SW and North not downing tools to head to th SE and fight for Biafra?

Could the obvious truth be that they are not interested in Biafra because they know the reality of ala Igbo to appreciate they are better and happier where they are?

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Is Humiliating Seeing Our Southern Chiefs Bowing To Emirs In The North / Muslim Woman Performs Miracle And Deliverance Like Christians (video) / Anambra Elections, IPOB And Sit At Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.