Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Sen. Ogba Gives Cash, Phone To Woman Whose Food Was Thrown Away By Commissioner - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Ogba Gives Cash, Phone To Woman Whose Food Was Thrown Away By Commissioner (41737 Views)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Nigerians Have Thrown Away Competence, Capacity - APC / Zamfara Governor Matawalle Gives Cash To Soldiers (Video) / Anambra State Hosts Gospel Worship " Expression1" By Commissioner, Bonaventure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sen. Ogba Gives Cash, Phone To Woman Whose Food Was Thrown Away By Commissioner by pepperdemzombie: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2021
Richy4:

I am not talking about warning my brother..... There may have been warnings because it is very easy to issue.... But warning a trader to vacate without telling them where to go to or a better place to stay and carry out their businesses was not the best solution in my opinion.... If they tell traders to leave, they show also tell them where to go to and make sure that where they were sending them is better than the old site...destroying their goods when they knew that they will not pay for any kind of compensation is callous and wicked no matter how anyone sees it....
Take note, 7/10 of shop owners go to streets to sell!
When someone refused to heed to warnings, you use actions! Trailers have killed traders in Ekiti, Ibadan etc because of this same thing, they refused to pave ways for the trailers with failed breaks despite warning horns.
Take my words, she will go back there!
Did Ganduje not start flogging and jailing Almajiris when they refused rehabilitation? They just see it as a way of life. Must wares and goods be sold to obstruct traffic? After the Lagos one was given money, she went back there and daring Law Enforcement agencies, what do you want them to do?
Re: Sen. Ogba Gives Cash, Phone To Woman Whose Food Was Thrown Away By Commissioner by Richy4(m): 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
pepperdemzombie:

Take note, 7/10 of shop owners go to streets to sell!
When someone refused to heed to warnings, you use actions! Trailers have killed traders in Ekiti, Ibadan etc because of this same thing, they refused to pave ways for the trailers with failed breaks despite warning horns.
Take my words, she will go back there!
Did Ganduje not start flogging and jailing Almajiris when they refused rehabilitation? They just see it as a way of life. Must wares and goods be sold to obstruct traffic? After the Lagos one was given money, she went back there and daring Law Enforcement agencies, what do you want them to do?

How did you come up with that statistics about shop owners selling on the streets? Besides, in sane countries around, there are certain places/ areas that Trailers were not allowed to go to.. Some of the deaths in Nigeria could be avoidable assuming laws were properly made and enforced.. mind you, I'm not saying that it was ok for traders to sell on the street.... What I'm after was that a better alternatives should be given to them....When you caste someone out, you show the person where to go... You destroyed their goods without compensation, what do you call that? If you are developing/ beautifying a country and the people u were making the development were dying of hunger and starvation, was that nice?

The Almajiris that u mentioned, how sustainable was that project of rehabilitation? Was that not a case of rounding them up and dumping them to a particular place without basic necessities... You are asking what the govt should do... luckily, most of them do travel abroad.... they have seen, and they should do more for their citizens..
Re: Sen. Ogba Gives Cash, Phone To Woman Whose Food Was Thrown Away By Commissioner by pepperdemzombie: 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2021
Richy4:

How did you come up with that statistics about shop owners selling on the streets? Besides, in sane countries around, there are certain places/ areas that Trailers were not allowed to go to.. Some of the deaths in Nigeria could be avoidable assuming laws were properly made and enforced.. mind you, I'm not saying that it was ok for traders to sell on the street.... What I'm after was that a better alternatives should be given to them....When you caste someone out, you show the person where to go... You destroyed their goods without compensation, what do you call that? If you are developing/ beautifying a country and the people u were making the development were dying of hunger and starvation, was that nice?

The Almajiris that u mentioned, how sustainable was that project of rehabilitation? Was that not a case of rounding them up and dumping them to a particular place without basic necessities... You are asking what the govt should do... luckily, most of them do travel abroad.... they have seen, and they should do more for their citizens..
Price something from those street traders,they will tell you to wait for them to go to the store and bring it,I know what I am talking. Some of those food vendors hawking are selling on behalf of canteen owners and collecting commiasion,I know a lot.
The market in my area,steel barriers were used to lock them in the market, after end sars, they started cutting them off and back to the streets to obstruct traffic.
Trailers and vehicles should leave the streets for traders to sell?
The woman given money in Lagos, why didn't she rent a shop but went back there daring officials? For those Almajiris, maybe you didn't know about their assistance, they were given money and goods twice,they spent the monies and returned to the streets, hence the arrest a 3rd time, that's why they are relocating. Some boast of making minimum 3_4k per day,that's minimum 90k per month. Some are landlords, go ask those their money senders how much they transfer daily/monthly.
I know them who have been in it for up to 15 years or more,they just want free money without working.
Re: Sen. Ogba Gives Cash, Phone To Woman Whose Food Was Thrown Away By Commissioner by salem1996: 11:58pm On Jul 07, 2021
Calitoscassius:
I am not suprised, grin these are the sort of answers or response i get everytime I demand for proofs of the existence of God. More long rhetorical quotes that still doesn't explain the existence of God or proves that God exists.

But you are right God exists only in people's faiths and faiths goes with believes (religious) and believes are not fact.

People are allowed to believe with faith that God exists, however that doesn't confirm God's existence.

It was never even in my intention to proof the existence of God. It is easier to identify who a man is when by his mouth he ask! "Do I have a month?"
Re: Sen. Ogba Gives Cash, Phone To Woman Whose Food Was Thrown Away By Commissioner by Calitoscassius(m): 7:32am On Jul 08, 2021
salem1996:

It was never even in my intention to proof the existence of God. It is easier to identify who a man is when by his mouth he ask! "Do I have a month?"
More senseless nonesense grin from a mouth to a month? undecided

I rest my case.
Re: Sen. Ogba Gives Cash, Phone To Woman Whose Food Was Thrown Away By Commissioner by salem1996: 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
Calitoscassius:
More senseless nonesense grin from a mouth to a month? undecided

I rest my case.
Yea... Y.O.P

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested / Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts / Osinbajo, Others Attend Pastor Dare Adeboye's Night Of Worship And Tribute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.