Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,768 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu (21949 Views)

Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Not Defending Christians, Out To Promote Terrorism – Buhari / Plateau: God Will Punish Osinbajo For Not Defending Christians – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Petdagr8t(m): 11:57am On Jul 06, 2021
The headline have said it all, different topic and different details. One Afonja must be behind this nonsense
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Almaigaa: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2021
Nnandi Kanu is on his own. Palibe munthu weniweni wa Igbo yemwe angathandize Nnandi Kanu. mulole iye awolere mu Jail grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Buckeyemedia1: 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2021
mekuso89:
You are just an idiotic ganja weed
Arizona or Colorado?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Almaigaa: 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
lyndaway:

Niger delta crew cheesy

What’s your stake on the pib bill.. all of una niger delta crew just went cold and disappear from Nairaland ..

What’s your say on it...

Still attacking biafrAns and igbos grin

Leave Niger Delta alone. Tell us, how you intend to save your Supreme leader. Who was arrested, Chained and dragged like a comon Thief by Northern Galant security men?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by dmbb: 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
Wahala for rejected Jew convert

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Litmus: 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nigeria will be safer and Nigerians generally happier or more hopeful about Nigeria when they begin questioning all that they read online or are told instead of automatically believing everything, often jumping to react or respond physically, goaded by these unverified information. I’ve come to see that gullibility is Nigeria’s primary existential treat even above terrorism, kidnapping, separatists and herdsmen. This is since the entire later compound threats are powered by accepted and unchallenged elementary narratives.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by kledo5: 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2021
It really is Drift Hunters �✌️�
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Okoroawusa: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2021
Simplyleo:
There is no way chimamanda Adichie can ever support a fraudster cum IndecentStar controlling ipob illiterates.

She is too intelligent to be associated with those criminals.

No single educated human being will agree to be associated with that fraudster. undecided

Ipob pigs searching for chimamanda right now. cheesy
Bro have you read Reno Omokri's new post?

Everyone is dropping their support for the fraudster like a hot potato.

It's on the front page. Look for it.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by omenka(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2021
Simplyleo:
There is no way chimamanda Adichie can ever support a fraudster cum IndecentStar controlling ipob illiterates.

No single educated human being will agree to be associated with that fraudster. undecided

IPOB will soon crash this site with their stupid propaganda. First they said the new Israeli prime minister has called for the unconditional release of Kanu, then they said the Canadian prime minister did same, followed by Chimamanda.

They're desperate and their lies are growing more outlandish by the day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Bonapart(m): 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright.....

Kunu fuckkked up sha

Him just go loose guard
shut up
You ignorant fraudster
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2021
[s]
omenka:
IPOB will soon crash this site with their stupid propaganda. First they said the new Israeli prime minister has called for the unconditional release of Kanu, then they said the Canadian prime minister did same, followed by Chimamanda.

[/s]
Shut up

Focus on your minority
Fulani herdsmen are wiping your people out of existence
fight for them
stop supporting fulani herdsmen killing your people just because Buhari is Fulani

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Cyrus77(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2021
Same course different approach

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Jogifib: 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2021
Good woman
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Joromi1: 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2021
Now this is gonna hurt so bad. cry cry sad

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

She denies being an author of an article.
How does that mean she doesn't support Nnamdi Kanu? You so wish grin

Next week your terrorist brothers are planning to have another governor in Niger state just as they have another one in Borno already.
Una don dey close school upandan..Every single northern child go turn almajiri very soon grin grin

All IPOB miscreants are indeed dumb...Chai! Nnamdi Kanu don use the oil wey dey una brain fry akara.

Someone disassociate herself from your madness yet you still daft to notice.

The bombs thrown at your ancestors during the civil war has done a massive genetic disorder to your race.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by resourcedude: 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
Simplyleo:

pls these are not easterners. They are people from the other side biko.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by AK481(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2021
Simplyleo:

this one no get sense.

adiche stylishly endorsed the write up, it was clear to all and sundry that ogo wrote it.

i have always ignored the write up but had to read it since adiche made reference to it.

mod , can you put up the article ?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by tobstarizhia(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2021
This is the link to the controversial article. For those who are curious about it:
https://opinionnigeria.com/reflections-on-the-man-nnamdi-kanu-by-gloria-ogo/
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by tobstarizhia(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
Ngozie Chimamanda Adichie in a recent post on all her social media handles disclaimed a controversial post that supports IPOB and rebukes the federal government arrest of IPOB's leader, Nnamdi Kanu.
In a statement made by her, she said "It has come to our attention that an article 'Reflections on the man Nnamdi Kanu' is being falsely attributed to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
Kindly note that article was not written by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. It was written by Gloria Ogo and was then maliciously attributed to Adichie by some unscrupulous people..."
This post has generated mixed reactions from the public. A majority of those from the South East have condemned her post as spitting on the decades-long struggle for self actualization of the Biafran nation and the marginalization and blatant tribalism shown towards the people of the South East both by the president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari's threat of "speaking to them in a language they understand", a reference to the Biafran War which registered over a million Igbo deaths, and the controversial "dot in a circle" statement that was said in an interview on Arise TV.
Others have supported her neutral stance, tagging the controversial article as insensitive and unpatriotic.

But to quote Fyodor Dostoevsky, "Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery", does this mean that attaining the celebrity status also mean throwing your people and all you stand for under the bus just so you can save face? I guess we'll see as things unfold.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by RPG2020(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2021
Simplyleo:

Your days are numbers some groups don buy Your matter
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by tobstarizhia(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2021
So the whole "Half of a Yellow Sun" means absolutely nothing. I knew I shouldn't take that woman's opinion seriously. Luckily, Igbo Authors like Gloria Ogo, among others are not taking the cowardly silence. Gloria's book "In Blood and War" is even better than "Half of a Yellow Sun" in my honest opinion.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by IPIGSRMUMUS: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
[s][/s]
Shut up

Focus on your minority
Fulani herdsmen are wiping your people out of existence
fight for them
stop supporting fulani herdsmen killing your people just because Buhari is Fulani

Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Kinobi: 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2021
tobstarizhia:
So the whole "Half of a Yellow Sun" means absolutely nothing. I knew I shouldn't take that woman's opinion seriously. Luckily, Igbo Authors like Gloria Ogo, among others are not taking the cowardly silence. Gloria's book "In Blood and War" is even better than "Half of a Yellow Sun" in my honest opinion.

Is she not the one that wrote Black Opal. I read that book sometime ago. She just seems like another Chinua Achebe wannabe. Just like Chimamanda. Most of these igbo writers don't have a unique voice. They're all just copies of Chinua Achebe. This Gloria Ogo is nothing different and nothing special. Her book, In Blood and War was interesting Sha, I can't lie.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by tobstarizhia(m): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2021
Kinobi:

Is she not the one that wrote Black Opal. I read that book sometime ago. She just seems like another Chinua Achebe wannabe. Just like Chimamanda. Most of these igbo writers don't have a unique voice. They're all just copies of Chinua Achebe. This Gloria Ogo is nothing different and nothing special. Her book, In Blood and War was interesting Sha, I can't lie.

Dude I don't think you know what you're talking about. I'm very sure you've not read Black Opal like you claim because you'll know that her writing style, although it draws inspiration from Achebe's works, is not even close to similar. As for Adichie, when I was reading Americanah, I was just gnashing my teeth the entire time. The way she portrayed men has parodical caricatures made me vex sotay I said I'll never pick another or her book again. She obviously writes to please her slave masters, the West. This her feminism up and down, you'll think Achebe was not a feminist. I like Gloria because she doesn't check for political correctness, same with Achebe (many people were claiming that Things Fall Apart was misogynistic, but did he give a damn?) and writes as the story leads. No filter. Although Adichie is a great writer no doubt. She'll always keep writing to please the white man, and that's the big difference between her and Gloria Ogo.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2021
lasisi69:
I read all your posts and I'm saving all of it... It was all I needed now (all of it).. Thank you !!!

I am glad my posts could minister to you. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Kinobi: 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2021
Kinobi:

Know this and know peace
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by NGpatriot: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
Fendie, see ya miserable life...

The way sadistic and barbaric ipob terrorists dey behead people and slaughtering their own people after labeling them traitors, this woman go need serious security protection 24 hours a day..

grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Omoslim26: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2021
omenka:

When it comes to lies, propaganda and false hood,
Ipob and the Fg
Are �

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by sapientia(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2021
How does what she wrote relate to the title?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by tobstarizhia(m): 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2021
Cyrus77:
Same course different approach

This is much better in my opinion. And the writer doesn't suffer from selective mutism

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu by tobstarizhia(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Tragedy Of African Mentality By Pro. PLO Lumumba ( The Best Speech Ever) / YouWinConnect: Buhari Changes Jonathan’s YouWin Concept / Farooq Kperogi Banned From Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.