Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters (15721 Views)

EndSARS Memorial: Tear Gas Fired At Hoodlums, Not Protesters, Says Lagos CP / Rep Emeka Chinedu Martins Wants To Criminalize Protesting / Lekki Toll Gate: Arrest Bala Mohammed, Abbas, Not Protesters - HURIWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by Dpharisee: 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
As usual Nairaland posted the unverified version, everyday na so so reversal of statement on this platform cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by GboyegaD(m): 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hmm....he could have proposed a bill that was devoid of ambiguity

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by harmony75: 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
So this one naw is peoples representative � all he's en joying from he's people this the Bill he can present
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by King44(m): 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2021
Take protest out if the contested and state in clearly in the body and heading that is about jungle justice not protest we have a right to know what is in that bill, we shouldn't be robbed of our right to peaceful protest because of something bad... Differentiate the two in fact Emeka the betrayer take protest Ir gathering to vent out grievances out of the document don't use grammar to enslave us more, fear the north.

I don't trust emaka and northern elites.

Wait and see how that donkey bill would turn into cow bill in a year or two if mistakenly passed into law. I don't trust them, they are the same set of people who smuggled a bill that was against the people, water bill and land bill etc and passed it into law if I am correct without making it known to the people.

Very shady set of people.
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2021
Good
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by AfroKnight: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's not about the fear of the people.
No rational man will sponsor a bill to punish protesters.

It's a good thing he has stepped forward to set the record straight. Social media is increasingly doing more harm than good. Sadly, people are abusing it.

Little wonder these government officials are calling for its regulation.

@FreeIgbos, recall can never work in Nigeria over the next 20 years. grin

You are being obtuse. That bill is designed to demonise protesters. All the police needs to do is describe the activities of protesters as mob action and they will be arrested. He is deliberately creating ambiguity so the high-handed security agencies can use the law to suppress demonstrations.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by Psalmistproject: 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2021
Since we are highly disorganized and the government can't protect its citizens, make everyone dey him dey o. If you do anyhow you go get anyhow.
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by King44(m): 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2021
AfroKnight:

You are being obtuse. That bill is designed to demonise protesters. All the police needs to do is describe the activities of protesters mob as action and they will be arrested. He is deliberately creating ambiguity so the high-handed security agencies can use the law to suppress demonstrations.
I agree with you, what he is trying to do is criminalizing the right to protest with the use of grammar and closely relating it to mob action which would end up empowering the police to criminalize protest and protesters.

Emeka iscariot
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by King44(m): 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2021
AfroKnight:

You are being obtuse. That bill is designed to demonise protesters. All the police needs to do is describe the activities of protesters mob as action and they will be arrested. He is deliberately creating ambiguity so the high-handed security agencies can use the law to suppress demonstrations.
what he is trying to do is criminalizing the right to protest with the use of grammar and closely relating it to mob action which would end up empowering the police to criminalize protest and protesters.

Emeka iscariot
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by vikstandon(m): 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2021
He isn't afraid... He is just trying to correct people who don't read to understand!

The bill is a welcomed one... If this happenings (mob action) isn't curtailed, you or your loved one might be the next victim.
Don't forget conspiracy, is very much in action!!

3 Likes

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by King44(m): 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2021
GboyegaD:
Hmm....he could have proposed a bill that was devoid of ambiguity
He could but refused
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by King44(m): 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2021
Mob action is very bad but his bill is full of ambiguity and loop holes that could render protesters vulnerable to unjust arrest and torture without a fair hearing.

If you want to make a bill against mob action make it clear and free of all ambiguity

Nobody is saying don't criminalize mob action but don't in anyway compare the two.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by AfroKnight: 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2021
King44:
what he is trying to do is criminalizing the right to protest with the use of grammar and closely relating it to mob action which would end up empowering the police to criminalize protest and protesters.

Emeka iscariot

Exactly. He is giving the police an avenue to justify bringing live ammunition to protest ground as well as the killing of protesters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by laiperi: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2021
Give some credit to Northerners.

They seize on every rule from the South, look for allies among them and use it to their advantage. It does not make a difference who is against this bill right now.

This is how secession clause was voted against, unitary government enforced and lopsided appointments when in charge.

The North take them and run while you fight about whose fault, reinterpret what what you wanted. Who can believe this bill is from the South?
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by Gambit23: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2021
chrisxxx:
Lol. You dey fear the people. The people power can make or mar if they understand how powerful they are.

Read d article
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by misterjosh(m): 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
We are just getting a glimpse of how the evil government will twist and bend the so called bill if eventually enacted into law to suit them.
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by GboyegaD(m): 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2021
King44:
He could but refused

Because he knew what he was doing.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by Naijanascam: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2021
We know you will back out..... before doing that show us the constituency projects you started and finished .... so your constituents can beat their chest and say you are truly a blessing to them
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by Sunnycliff(m): 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2021
A big disgrace

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by jaxxy(m): 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2021
Pass a bill on anti corruption, embezzlement, accountability for public office holders and failed projects.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by ajl: 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2021
Do empty heads Nigerians even read the bill or the content here for example? It's about stopping mob action.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by saintmm(m): 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2021
He should come out boldly to tell us his sponsor. I read the whole bill in between lines, if that bill is passed, forget about it nothing like protest again in this country. If you try it, na life imprisonment.
Yes, Mob was defined but check the context in the proposed bill, every protest will be tagged mob action and the percipitators will be in big shit.
If he really has good intentions, he should withdraw the bill.

I rise
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by EMMY76: 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2021
Jungle justice have become a part of the nigerian culture even the federal govt do this quite a lot not to mention the fulani northern muslims who don't waste anytime in lynching anyone who desecrated their quran or allah.
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by SonOfTheRisingS: 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2021
I am praying for mob actions against all the Nigerian politicians oppressing us from protesting for our rights of freedom of peaceful IPOB assemblies.

Massacring of innocent unarmed IPOB family members by DSS and nigerian government agencies it is classified as mobile/mob actions against innocent agitators.

Below are jungle justice against innocent IPOB agitators.

Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by koffikondo: 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
hmmm which kyn rigorous bill be that. why cant u just make your stipulation straight. why cant you just channel the bill against mob n jungle justice than being so shady. if u wanna make law just be clear with it. dont try to e confusing us with long construction of grammar as if you want to build skyscraper with it
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by Prophet777: 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2021
Gibberish: Emeka Chinedu, it shall never be well with you: Protest is a constitutional right of every citizens anywhere in the world and mind you we are in a democratic dispensation here in Nigeria.

How do you want Nigeria to be an exception?
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2021
The man Hon.Emeka Chinedu Martins, has continued to show vibrancy since the inception of this 9th Assembly.

One thing uncommon about him is his ability to stand tall in the midst of confused oppostions whose daily aim is to destabilise his good works.

The level of love and solidarity he enjoys from his constituents is rare; and that is one of the reasons he has continued to stand firm with every common Nigerian by his unending projects scattered all over his Constituency.

His bills cum motions proposed on the floor of the house are all poised towards the benefit of the people which is behind the Health, Educational and Developmental roots they have.

I am proud of him and unconditionally stand by him as he continues to deliver verifiable projects seen at the nooks and crannies of our constituency as well as his empowerment programs accomplished & are on their way coming.

Ahiazu/Ezinihitte Federal Constituency is blessed to have you Sir !!!
Ride on.
Ibe
7th July, 2021.
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2021
The man's achievement is second to none.

He is God's gift to Ahiazu Ezinihitte Federal constituency.
From Mr. Uche (Ahiazu/Ezinihitte)
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by Gfskw: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2021
PLEASE LET THERE BE PEACE �

I SINCERELY REPEAT MYSELF:

AHIAZU/EZINIHITTE MBAISE FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY: MY REACTION ON THE BILL BY HON. EMEKA CHINEDU

My name remains Comrade Ifeanyi, and I have actually taken time to read and digest the Bill presented by Hon. Emeka Chinedu, representing the good people of Ahiazu/Ezinihitte Mbaise at the Green Chamber. As a matter of fact, this our brother has very good intention on the Bill. As a well-meaning and progressive young man, I have never been a supporter of *jungle justice or anything mob action.* It is very unfortunate and sad that a lot of innocent Mbaise, Imo and Nigerian citizens have died of jungle justice. A lot of evil people are out there only looking for how to set up others to be killed unjustly by the mob. I have never been a supporter of mob action or jungle justice, as it causes more harm than good. But it is unfortunate how some media organizations use wrong Headlines or Captions in other to attract much traffic to their platforms.

70 percent of people who have been killed of *jungle justice* do not deserve to die. The main issue is that a lot of Nigerians only take News headlines, or captions and fail to read and digest the main message or real information. You can even take the message and leave the messenger if you do not like him/her.

*As a good Christian, who believes that human life is precious and as a well-meaning & progressive young man, I say NO to jungle justice, or mob action as it causes more harm than good to the society. A lot of innocent citizens have been killed unjustly out of jungle justice or mob action. Therefore, do not involve yourself with the mob to kill anyone, until the accused is really found GUILTY. What do you tell those who have killed innocent children, their parents, brothers or sisters because a fake pastors prophesied that they are witches/wizards? Go to Aba or Onitsha and how innocent citizens are being killed unnecessarily out of jungle justice. If you hear �️"Hollam...Hollam...Hollam" in Aba or Onitsha, do not run because anyone on the run ��‍♀️�‍♂️ might be unjustly killed by the mob as a criminal. That is the level our society has deteriorate. A University undergraduate bought fairly used phone somewhere in the Northern Nigeria sometime this year. He transfer money to the man he bought the phone from, but got home to unfortunately notice that the transaction failed. This promising young man came back the next day to pay the man he bought phone from and also explain to him that the transaction failed. But unfortunately, the wicked man started to shout and call him a criminal. This is how people gathered and descended on this promising undergraduate till he died.*��� *He was killed by the mob as he innocently came back to pay the man he bought phone from. He was killed for being sincere. He was killed for having conscience. And no one was there to speak on his be half. He died a painful death for being good.* ��� *#What an evil world!* *Do you know someone has been killed because of what he/she does not even know?*

Therefore, I fully and totally support Hon. Emeka Chinedu to say NO to jungle justice and mob action.
Re: Emeka Chinedu: My Bill Is Focused On Jungle Justice Not Protesters by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 6:56am On Jul 08, 2021
Hon. EMEKA Chinedu has done more than expected, more grace to you sir (Mrs. Grace O. Ahiazu/ Ezinihitte)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yusuf Gagdi Tackles Melaye, Says Tinubu Is Healthy And Fit To Be President / Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections / 5 Times Bode George Has Vowed To Leave Nigeria If Tinubu Becomes President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.