Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? (25284 Views)

Femi Otedola Throwback Photo With 3 Daughters, Tolani, DJ Cuppy And Temi / Which Business Can I Start With 1.5M? / Which Business Can I Start With 800k That Will Yield Immediate Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by pasuma(m): 6:10am On Jul 10, 2021
Stop talking about what you don't know, he can't make profit with bakery business with less than 20m, I've been running mine for four years now, it takes GOD to even pay salaries now that prices of ingredients have doubled...
OGWILLS123:

Best comment on this thread !.

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by SpruceMediaNG: 8:19am On Jul 10, 2021
Abiboss:

Nice one

wink
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Ynix(m): 8:58am On Jul 10, 2021
Sankabson:
Hello Gurus in the House,

Please, what business can a Man of 65years of old do, with a total capital of 3.5M ? He’s not looking for heavy profits but he’s looking at a steady and reliable income.

City Of Residence : IBADAN.

Can Admin help push this thread. We have many older people on here, that doesn't wanna sit idle at home. There's so many Brilliant Mind on Nairaland.

Thanks In Advance.
He should buy land like 1-3 acres and plant banana, it will be giving him returns annually for 30 years without replanting. I have a guy who is an expert in it, chat me up on 08089456258
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by omojeesu(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2021
Sankabson:

Please, what business can a Man of 65years of old do, with a total capital of 3.5M ? He’s not looking for heavy profits but he’s looking at a steady and reliable income.

Can Admin help push this thread. We have many older people on here, that doesn't wanna sit idle at home. There's so many Brilliant Mind on Nairaland.

Thanks In Advance.

Money should be working for him now. He should no longer be working for money:

Network marketing
Invest in crowdfunding platform
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2021
ppogba:

So that he can suffer the same fate as the one of IGI and Standard Alliance.
Do not let me state my own personal experience.

That is IGI and your Standard Alliance. You see majority of this problems are caused my corrupt agents who are eager to sell policies to clients with wrong information. Hence at maturity, the clients begins to have problems to claim the money and everything thing they were told is exposed to be false. (This is Majority of the case and not all of it.)

Like crypto, always DYOR(Do your own research), meet the line manager of the agent prospecting you, go to their office, meet the branch manager if necessary, confirm all the benefits you were told, confirm their capital Base and possibly financial strength and satisfy your conscience.

Like a classroom, a teacher teaches a topic to the whole students at thesame but some will still define it wrongly or incomplete. Hence the essence of DYOR.

AIICO is No 1 in Nigeria with more than 50years of experience and present in more than 30 countries across the world, operating with same standard. You are in safe hands with AIICO. Come see for yourself, we'll give you treat to different policies that will make your joy whole again.

Reach out to me via marceli725@gmail.com and let's meet.
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Emmanuel909090: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2021
joinnow:

Why Nairalander always ask this kind of questions without giving more details.
Let me start with.
What is his passion
What is his hobby
What is his skills
What is his experience
Then we can pick from the universal subset to direct him which business to go for.
What of if I tell you go and buy 6 Keke and put for challenge to odina or ojoba. And be making 18,000 daily
What of if I tell you to buy 3micra and use as taxi and be making 12kdaily
What if I tell you to buy India tractor and hire out at 10k everyday
What of I tell him to open mini bakery and sell every evening at orita
What of using just 1.5 million to open pig farm and the 10 Gilt gave birth to 5 each you have 50 x 3 = 150 piglet in a year. Note some pig give birth to 14 at once. What of if I tell him to put 3mlm into a bank account that pays 5% monthly in Nigeria.
What of if he bought 50 wheel barrow and make 50 uniform and hire it out daily and make 10,000 daily.
What getting a water tanker more biz during g dry season.
You can ask me more

Please which bank and which bank account is that, that pays 5%? I'm interested.

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by ElectronicMoney(m): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Emmanuel909090:

Please which bank and which bank account is that, that pays 5%? I'm interested.

There is no bank that pay's interest of 5% each month, ignore that nonsense
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Emmanuel909090: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2021
ElectronicMoney:

There is no bank that pay's interest of 5% each month, ignore that nonsense

Thought as much, I was surprised.

Make I follow gain. angry grin
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Oyerinde16(m): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2021
Buy two Toyota corolla, give it for uber, they pay you 60-80k each monthly, all baba needs is to sot relax and enjoy dividends of old age, in 2-3 yes time, with good savings, sell the two cars and add money buy another two and keep flexing baba...
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Bsmiles49(f): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2021
I don't think he should be running any business at that age. He should look for a genuine investment that would give him reasonable returns and keep his capital safe.

I'll suggest F&K savings. You can download the app on play store and iOS. Their office is also at Bodija and Mokola.

The current portfolio is agriculture and real estate. He can earn up 25% interest in 6 months.

Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by highoctane: 4:56am On Jul 11, 2021
SpruceMediaNG:
CHECK MY THREADS IF YOU WWNT TO LEWRN HOW TO WORK FROM HOME AND MAKE A DECENT LIVING FROM IT.

Let's reason together on this.

He needs to be involved with businesses that requires less moving around and more of supervision.

He needs to be doing businesses that gives daily returns

He needs to work with the young and willing and get returns in a supervisory model

He needs to do a business that doesn't require excessive movement, doesn't deteriorate without capital funds, yet accrue interest

There are different businesses that fits the profile

Let's explore a few ideas

1. Wholesale distributorship for bottle drinks, bottled water combined with whole sale egg sales as Ibadan is connected with many large poultry. The customers for one commodity will attract more customers to buy the other commodity. With 2 Million rentage of shop and stocking can begin with these two products

2. Having a mini convenience store. With around 500-850 for rentage depending on location and the rest for stocking, a neighborhood mini Mart can be setup conveniently with this amount.

3. Sales of nylon wholesale. Buying from factories and selling to retailers is an excellent business that even 500,000 Naira can coneniently setup. It also yields daily returns

4. Transportation. 2.5 Million can setup two to four buses or cars depending on quality and handed to three drivers while you expect daily or weekly returns depending on your arrangement.

5. Saw Mill

6. Sales of Building Materials

7. Haulage Business

8. Business centre

9. Multiple POS business hubs
Run Run Run Away from Number 4, unless one of your trusted relation or child will manage the buses.
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by moonsledge(m): 6:19am On Jul 11, 2021
pazu:
I'm an electrical engineering, my job is erection of power transmission tower and stringing of lines both 330kv and 132kv. If you have a business name or company name I'll introduce you to companies that give out contract to us and also get workers for you. Well, the contract is less stressful and rewarding. If you value it contact me for details.

Kindly chat me up on whatsapp let's discuss. 07038025645.
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Femmyfestus: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2021
Seniorwriter:

I'll suggest you go for any of the following 10 profitable monetizing process with just #1m out of the #3.5m to get a 20% ROI monthly.
They can be done from the comfort of your home or workstation with very little time consumption and stress @65yrs with such money then your money should be working for you no matter your location(Ibadan).

# Dropservising.
# Consumables.
# eCommerce.
# Digital trades.
# Whiteboard Animation Sales.
# Tech Hub leasing.
# B2B Broker.
# E-Sport Broker.
# Youtubing via Paid Sub4Sub.
# Online Product Distribution.

For more details or breakdown feel Free to engage....FYI all the above Ventures does not require your money out of your hands or possession....you'll be in total control of your investment funds and may only need hands as you expand in earnings and activities.

Yes he will only need a tech person that'll create all the plugins more so there is no age limits to earning online with such capital he'll do well to even have options to the right and competent person to choose for the activities or task in earning online.
For example if he is going for whiteboard animation sales he'll just buy a particular software and the tech guy will be assigned to create @least 5 gigs daily on www.skillshare.com.

The challenge is that you don't have the knowledge of how easy it is to earn via online with such capital.

Your ignorance is an amazing one...lolz

Try read up online how aged people are monetizing their assets, Investments or capital via online.

@Seniorwriter
Please what does it take to start B2B broker. I have been looking for a way about it
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by olasquare: 9:33am On Jul 11, 2021
Sankabson:

Thanks In Advance.

A man of his age, and resources as this, definitely considers doing something that involves less stress, and intense monitoring, I think. The keyword is steady income, not necessarily heavy, but consistent.

There are many options, with little supervision (definitely needs wisdom to do), they can achieve result.

1.) He can sell building materials, with major focus on cement. Other building materials might involve him going about to source for products, but he doesn't want that stress now, so he can focus on cement. On this he only needs to talk to a reliable distributor or company sales rep on phone. They get the goods delivered to his shop. He employs one or two reliable sales boys, and that's it.

2.) He can be selling electrical consumables. Of course he needs to get a good distributor too. I think sourcing for this is less stressful. And surely, he also needs to employ a sales boy, and if he could, he can as well do without one

3.) He can set up a mini shop to be selling phone accessories and low priced new phones

4.) He can sell tokunbo cars, or buy cheap accidents and pieces it into containers, on arrival, the buyers will come to him, pays into his account and move their goods

Note: there are no bad business, but bad people. It is worst in Nigeria, as an average nigeria always think of scamming people around. We want to be smarter than everyone. So, for any biz he thinks or chooses, he needs background check on whoever he is getting involved with. Trust is expensive. Unfortunately, we value it cheap in nigeria.

2, 3, 4 biz are very good. He just need people he can trust.

I can help in small ways with 3 & 4, as I have experience in the two. Still learning though

Again, I don't know how people in transportation biz in ibadan behave, transportation biz could have been another wonderful option. But my Lagos experience will not allow me advise it. Meanwhile, some share a method of doing it with me sometimes, which is, contact the union chairman or garage chairman and handover the buses or cars to him, he gets the boys to drive and remit payment. With this method they dare not default, and your money comes back to you completely. Please I still don't advise this except u have heart of a lion to take whatever comes. Though this biz is very good, in fact sweet, the sad stories in it with those drivers makes it hell to venture into it
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Adetola198: 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
Invest in Agriculture and Real estate, which are actual businesses
35% in a 12 months
20% in 8 months
41% in 14 months
48% in 16 months
You get a post dated cheque and legal deed of agreement upon investment
For more enquires, reach me on WhatsApp 08093822285
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Oluwahelpme(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2021
paris10:

Thinking of opening one. How much would you be paying monthly. I own everything, provide generator and all. You just take care of the customers and the shop. How much?
It depends on location and standard. Are u in Lagos?
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Yeecar(m): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2021
Sankabson:

Thanks In Advance.
Please check my signature sir.
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Counter24(m): 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Brokeronline:
70yrs old man oo grin grin

I am being funny though..

Sir, this is the right time to invest in crypto as the Market is currently down

How do you possibly expect him to run Crypto if he doesn't know anything about it ??
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Counter24(m): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
Davematrix:
He should invest it in cryptocurrency

But he fit get heart attack o �

Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by MummyD2020(f): 4:48am On Jul 13, 2021
joinnow:

Why Nairalander always ask this kind of questions without giving more details.
Let me start with.
What is his passion
What is his hobby
What is his skills
What is his experience
Then we can pick from the universal subset to direct him which business to go for.
What of if I tell you go and buy 6 Keke and put for challenge to odina or ojoba. And be making 18,000 daily
What of if I tell you to buy 3micra and use as taxi and be making 12kdaily
What if I tell you to buy India tractor and hire out at 10k everyday
What of I tell him to open mini bakery and sell every evening at orita
What of using just 1.5 million to open pig farm and the 10 Gilt gave birth to 5 each you have 50 x 3 = 150 piglet in a year. Note some pig give birth to 14 at once. What of if I tell him to put 3mlm into a bank account that pays 5% monthly in Nigeria.
What of if he bought 50 wheel barrow and make 50 uniform and hire it out daily and make 10,000 daily.
What getting a water tanker more biz during g dry season.
You can ask me more
Which bank pays 5% monthly?
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by MummyD2020(f): 4:51am On Jul 13, 2021
colestephan86:

He should start a brothel

Some people fit no make this heaven o. He is old and doesn't need such
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Puya: 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
Which bank pls
I need more details
V bank offers 15% for One year (365) days and as low as 11.25% for 30 days on any amount
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by TheSparrow: 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
There are several businesses you can start and run profitably in Nigeria. Below are six that readily comes to mind:

1. Rice Milling

One of the best businesses one can venture into in Nigeria today is parboiled rice production (Rice Milling).

Nigerians currently consume over 5 million metric tons, which is equivalent to over 100 million 50Kg bags of rice annually. With the current population growth rate of Nigeria, the consumption of rice is estimated to reach about 35 million metric tons (700 million 50Kg bags) by the year 2050.

There is high demand for rice in Nigeria. With a population of over 180 million people and an estimated national population growth rate of 5.7% per annum ,an average economic growth rate of 3.5% per annum in the past five {5} years, Nigeria has a large and growing market for rice.

As it stands, the current producers of good quality rice in the country cannot even meet up to 50% of the current demand. This is the reason why the market is flooded with poorly produced and low quality rice.

New entrants into the rice milling industry that can produce good quality parboiled rice will have an evergreen market waiting to be sold to.

2. Drinking Water Production

Another good business that does very well in Nigeria is drinking water production (Bottled water and Sachet Water).

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically produced and well packaged food products like bottled water.

The market for packaged water is high and cut across all parts of the country. With a population of over one hundred and eighty million (180,000,000) people, and an estimated national population growth is 5.7% per annum, Nigeria has a large and sustainable market for packaged water.

3. Poultry Farming

Poultry farming is yet another business that gives good returns on investment.

Poultry farming has risen to become one of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria today. This aspect of livestock farming, if set-up and managed properly, provides legitimate continuous income for entrepreneurs within a short period of time. There are over 160 million consumers in Nigeria and over one billion in Africa. This provides a large, growing and sustainable market for poultry farmers in Nigeria, and Africa in general.

4. Pounded Yam Flour Production

Pounded yam flour is another product that you can chose the invest in its production.

Pounded yam is a popular delicacy produced from boiled yam tubers, and is consumed by many people across Africa. However, a lot of people, especially the middle class find it difficult to prepare pounded yam the traditional way which involves boiling yam, pounding it in a mortar using a piston, until it becomes a succulent dough.

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically processed, easy to prepare and well packaged food products like yam flour.

5. Maize (Corn) Flour Production

This is another business that you can quickly setup and make good money with.

Maize can be processed into several products including Maize Flour, Maize Grits. Starch, etc.

With few producers focusing on the production of maize flour in Nigeria, there exists a large gap that needs to be filled by aspiring entrepreneurs in the country. This supply gap will continue to grow as the population of the country grows.

6. Cooking Oil Production

The production of Cooking oil, also called Vegetable oil is yet another viable business you can quickly setup and make good money in Nigeria.

The present production level of Vegetable Oil in Nigeria is yet to meet the demand of Nigerians. There is currently a ban on the importation of vegetable oil into the country. The ban was placed in other to encourage local producers to expand their operations, and new investors to go into the production of Vegetable Oil. This has made the business to be very lucrative.

Wishing you all the best in your quest.

Source: To read more, Visit: https://planbiz.com.ng/five-lucrative-businesses-you-can-start-in-nigeria-today-and-make-big-money/

Note: We can prepare a bankable business plan for you on any of the above businesses at just N10,000. Reach out via Call/WhatsApp: 09022106607
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Brokeronline: 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
doggedfighter:

What's funny about being a 70 year old?

Must you ask me

This is not a feminist thread.

F*ck out
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by johhbekeboh09: 1:33am On Jul 19, 2021
SavageResponse:

If he does this his sales girl will perfect a plan to be stealing his money without him knowing!

No mind that above you...imagine 'sit and read newspaper'?!
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:09am On Jul 19, 2021
Born2conquer:
At 65?
Make capital loss no kill baba o because running business is Hard now in Nigeria.

Tell Pman to Fix 2M in a bank and him enjoy 200k or more yearly.

Or if he can start doing land flipping, buy land with 3M, sell for 4M after 6months

Buy another one for 4M sell for 5m after 6months

These theoretical guys self!

Won't he pay agency, lawyer's, surveyor's, and registration fees?
With all these fees bros, if you buy a plot of land at 4m, and sell at 5m, you'll either be in a loss or just manage to break even.
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Born2conquer: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

These theoretical guys self!

Won't he pay agency, lawyer's, surveyor's, and registration fees?
With all these fees bros, if you buy a plot of land at 4m, and sell at 5m, you'll either be in a loss or just manage to break even.
If you’re buying a land at 4M, it means the 4M includes all the expenses you listed.
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Oluwahelpme(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2021
Salon Salon Salon. I'm a barber. I will manage it well for you.
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Fhemmy08(m): 3:35am On Jul 24, 2021
[ if you need in large quantities tell talk business and I will be supplying you from uyo=Proanalyst post=103550068]

How can this work, boss?

I mean how to get large quantities of this palm oil and all.[/quote]
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by Habib101: 5:32am On Jul 24, 2021
U know�
Re: Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? by tunashg: 6:11am On Jul 24, 2021
Check my signature if you need a Quick loan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Foundation Opens Portal For 2021 Entrepreneurship Programme / Tony Elumelu Receives Belgium’s Oldest National Honour (Photos) / My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.