Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience (1320 Views)

Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2021
Observing the way our uniformed personnel interact with civilians e.g soldiers flogging people, making them do frog jumps or roll in mud makes me wonder about their family lives.
Also the same for police etc

Many live in barracks and I am interested what that is like. I can count the number of times I have entered anything like a barracks and am curious what it is like.
Some of the pictures we have seen are disgraceful
Do they and their families have good sanitation, clean water and health care?
Is society treating them like animals and does that reflect in how they treat society?
What is family life like.
When they quarrel how do they settle do they fight , shoot etc?
Is there religious or tribal conflict in the barracks?

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by mysticwarrior(m): 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
Barrack life is full of gossip especially among the wives of military men, there is security in the barrack, but the moment you stop living in barrack na that day you go know say Armmed robbers dey exist.
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by TarOrfeeek: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
mysticwarrior:
Barrack life is full of gossip especially among the wives of military men, there is security in the barrack, but the moment you stop living in barrack na that day you go know say Armmed robbers dey exist.

They steal more in barracks than inside Ajegunle.

No even start that one.

8 Likes

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 9:12pm On Jul 07, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

No even start that one.
No way!!
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by IamAuntyOnion(f): 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2021
Can't recall much memory. I was very young then. Before they let people who are not into military live in the barracks. But now barracks are different.
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2021
Seriously I am interested in the welfare side of things. Are there hospitals, sport facilities , schools etc
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by Kandeed: 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

No even start that one.

Petty thief you meant to say?? besides the pick pocket typa stealing is mostly common at the NCO quarters
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by kestolove95(m): 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2021
all the girls for barracks na ashawo dem be

3 Likes

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2021
kestolove95:
How you take know grin
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by kestolove95(m): 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
aribisala0:
How you take know grin
most of my friends are from barracks

4 Likes

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2021
kestolove95:
most of my friends are from barracks
most of your friends na ashawo

shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2021
Are there churches in the barracks? Midnight vigils with loud Mountain of Fire style prayers ?
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by Klass99(f): 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2021
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by Nelgenius4me(m): 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2021
You lie
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by Mophor: 11:05pm On Jul 07, 2021
kestolove95:

Damn Niggar!!!!!
No be lie. Especially Army barracks,all the soldiers don sample the girls finish

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by RightToReject(m): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
One of the best kind of fathers one can ever have is a professional senior army officer. The majority of them are the most honest, selfless, compassionate, gritty, and caring - loving generally - fathers in the world. They're family-oriented. Growing up, many times in short intervals, my family lived in some army officers quarters, and the experiences were great; they are evergreen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by poshestmina(f): 1:33am On Jul 08, 2021
Nothing unusual:
Mostly deteriorated buildings,dirty public toilets/bathroom ,shared kitchens , public borehole that hardly supplies water except for the Senior officers

The barracks I grew up had no school , hospital in it.

Those officers are mostly womanizers . They camp women with them till when there wives are about coming around , female officers too ,one officer's wife nearly beat a female Officer to death for dating her husband. They chase and sleep with each other's young daughters ... reason why most officers don't bring their family to stay with them.
Very shameless old men undecided

Quarrels are settled by superior officers or in the office.
But it was lively ,had lots of friends , security ,gosssssssssip(everybody is in everybody's business ) ,fights ,quarrels .

Offending Children (teenage, youths )are locked up in the guardroom for days depending on the severity of the offend.

It just automatically make you strong because you "don see shege".

4 Likes

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 6:07am On Jul 08, 2021
RightToReject:
One of the best kind of fathers one can ever have is a professional senior army officer. The majority of them are the most honest, selfless, compassionate, gritty, and caring - loving generally - fathers in the world. They're family-oriented. Growing up, many times in short intervals, my family lived in some army officers quarters, and the experiences were great; they are evergreen.
Interesting. As some one who has no clue about barracks life I am interested in minor details e.g

Were there generators in the barracks, where did you get water from what about waste management and yes the experience of moving around the country. How are barracks policed and did you have health facilities e.g where did women have their babies
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 6:09am On Jul 08, 2021
poshestmina:
Nothing unusual:
Mostly deteriorated buildings,dirty public toilets/bathroom ,shared kitchens , public borehole that hardly supplies water except for the Senior officers

The barracks I grew up had no school , hospital in it.

Those officers are mostly womanizers . They camp women with them till when there wives are about coming around , female officers too ,one officer's wife nearly beat a female Officer to death for dating her husband. They chase and sleep with each other's young daughters ... reason why most officers don't bring their family to stay with them.
Very shameless old men undecided

Quarrels are settled by superior officers or in the office.
But it was lively ,had lots of friends , security ,gosssssssssip(everybody is in everybody's business ) ,fights ,quarrels .

Offending Children (teenage, youths )are locked up in the guardroom for days depending on the severity of the offend.

It just automatically make you strong because you "don see shege".
Hmm
Any casting and binding churches? grin
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 08, 2021

Should I contribute...

No.

Some other time.
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by Chapter1vs6(m): 7:50am On Jul 08, 2021
What you want you, a house? You, a car?
40 acres and a mule? A piano, a guitar?
Anything, see my name is Lucy, I'm your dog
Mothrfucker, you can live at the mall
I can see the evil, I can tell it I know when it's illegal
I don't think about it,

If you lived in the barracks way back then, you'll see alot. But you have to mind your business. You know what is illegal grin but you don't talk about it

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by kestolove95(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2021
Mophor:

Damn Niggar!!!!!
No be lie. Especially Army barracks,all the soldiers don sample the girls finish
I dey tells u oo
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by kestolove95(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2021
aribisala0:
most of your friends na ashawo

shocked shocked shocked
I know well well
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 9:07am On Jul 08, 2021
kestolove95:
I know well well
Anyway ashawo provide a useful service. grin

and the same applies to most universities so no biggie.

Let us focus on barracks life

Do people who grow up in barracks have a different outlook on life? Are they more violent?
Many years ago we heard rumours of robbers who were operating from within the barracks and that they were either soldiers or their relatives , how true?
Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by greencard: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
I stay mostly in officers qtrs , didn't really experience the craz barrack life except for mammy market, when I go to buy things and during *tombola* which I can't say what happens afterward.

i think the officers kids wish to be wild like the other rank's children, but they don't usually get the opportunity since they are mostly indoors after school Hours

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by elpochas: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
I grew up in NMS Barracks(officer quaters)Zaria in the 90S.We the officer children we dnt mix up with the other ranks wards.We only meet and play in school togeda.Once we get home its indoors.We were well trained and cultured,those days you hardly see Military men outside the baracks.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow up In Barracks. Share Your Experience by UFEDO95: 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
Barracks life is interesting but has its prons and cons though,
Barracks has a 90% security ( speaking for army barracks) , Gossip and pock nosing is the order of the day, Officers and soldiers are promiscuous except for few, barrack women are competitive, they are always jealous of themselves, few kids in there are well behaved, most of them are just there.
WASA party unites everyone and tombola night party for officers and soldiers, So in the barracks it best to leave your life on a low key, do not loud your success and achievements. Also do not forget, some people in there are also diabolic, to mention but a few.

(1) (Reply)

Soon To Be Brides and grooms, Please Come In, Let's Plan Together! / How Do I Recover My Sweat From These People? / This Marriage Thing Ehn!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.