Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father (2059 Views)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / "Village People Can Die Now" - Man As He Boasts About Brother’s White Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by dreside: 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2021
I would brief the whole story as short as possible...
There was this girl we use to date but broke on so on my birthday is make celebrating with me and we had sex. Which she left the following day. I realise she was pregnant after about 3 months though she didn't come straight to me. Meaning she claimed the pregnacy to another guy. Fast forward she gave birth to a boy june this year and i got to see the picture of the child after about few days. The child look so much like me and I demanded I see the child which she refused and I demanded to carry out a DNA test. After about a month she later agreed saying she felt the child was mine after she gave birth cos the child look so much.
I was the one who figured out where to carry out the test, I paid for it due we were asked to come around 10am. We didn't carry out the test until 5pm in the evening. I went for peace of mind which cost 125,000naira at a centre in Lagos. The result came out and it stated negative. The child's DNA and mine does not match. Everyone were waiting for the result including the girls parent. Everyone have accepted the result except me. The girls family also claimed the child look so much like me but since it was me who called out the DNA then they have accepted the result.
I was shocked and am still in shock. The boy is 6 months now and still looking so much like me cos i saw the child recently. Everybody I showed the pictures of the child could see the resemblance.
I don't know which to trust,should I go with the result of the DNA or should I still feel something went wrong cos of the resemblance. Am confused.
I just wanted to sort out issues about the child before he calls someone else daddy.. The dna test i did has caused so much issues
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by thorpido(m): 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
There could be error where you did the test.DNA tests results are not infallible especially where there are human errors.
You will need to do the test again.Look for a reliable and experienced center.It'll cost you money again but it's worth the stress.Let the child grow a bit more too.

If you repeat the test and it's still negative,take it that someone that looks like you also slept with the girl. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Ahmed0336(m): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
Bro, if you have the resources why not try the test at a different centre? If it is Negative abeg chill pikin face dey change as dem dey grow.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
dreside:
I don't know which to trust,should I go with the result of the DNA or should I still feel something went wrong cos of the resemblance. Am confused.
I just wanted to sort out issues about the child before he calls someone else daddy.. The dna test i did has caused so much issues
Are you wanting to go get a second opinion/test at another lab, or something then? undecided
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by OKOATA(m): 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
Bros aside the facial resemblance are there other things the boy resembles you with? My daughter has my kind of nose, she also have the same kind of fingers I have, she has a birth mark I have but diff place on her face. Check for those things and if you have the means try another lab If it says otherwise I will advise you to move on and find another Lady to give you your own kid and not raise a bastard, girls are very wise these days and I'm sure she knows that one day she will say my son go meet your real father, so bro use your 36.
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by dreside: 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2021
I want to do redo the DNA but it difficult now cos the girls dad ask her to take the boy to the father since the dna test says it wasn't mine. It will be difficult for me to have access to the child. The boy has my eyes, nose and lips even the shape of my head sef.. Am just at a cross junction cos I don't know what to do and its really affecting me.
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by OKOATA(m): 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
dreside:
I want to do redo the DNA but it difficult now cos the girls dad ask her to take the boy to the father since the dna test says it wasn't mine. It will be difficult for me to have access to the child. The boy has my eyes, nose and lips even the shape of my head sef.. Am just at a cross junction cos I don't know what to do and its really affecting me.
Bros forget all this sentimental talk, don't waste money on another DNA cos the child isn't yours, DNA no fit lie onto say you pay 120k. Don't use emotions to allowing you to suffer another nonsense payment, the girl knows the real father, it's a psychological thing to you thinking the child resemble you cos you love him. Accept it and move on but if you have money to waste try DNA again but know say I did warn you bro.

6 Likes

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
dreside:
Communicate your frustration with the gal and see if she will allow you a second attempt. undecided
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by frozen70(f): 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
dreside:
There was this girl we use to date but broke on so on my birthday is make celebrating with me and we had sex. Which she left the following day. I realise she was pregnant after about 3 months though she didn't come straight to me. Meaning she claimed the pregnacy to another guy. Fast forward she gave birth to a boy june this year and i got to see the picture of the child after about few days. The child look so much like me and I demanded I see the child which she refused and I demanded to carry out a DNA test. After about a month she later agreed saying she felt the child was mine after she gave birth cos the child look so much.
I was the one who figured out where to carry out the test, I paid for it due we were asked to come around 10am. We didn't carry out the test until 5pm in the evening. I went for peace of mind which cost 125,000naira at a centre in Lagos. The result came out and it stated negative. The child's DNA and mine does not match. Everyone were waiting for the result including the girls parent. Everyone have accepted the result except me. The girls family also claimed the child look so much like me but since it was me who called out the DNA then they have accepted the result.
I was shocked and am still in shock. The boy is 6 months now and still looking so much like me cos i saw the child recently. Everybody I showed the pictures of the child could see the resemblance.

Do another test to reconfirm and do it else where if it still comes out negative, probably she has already taken in before you you to it with your strong gene

Besides she can still tell you the truth only if you will believe her
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Mariangeles(f): 9:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
dreside:

Why does claiming the child mean so much to you?
Do you love the mother?
Men usually don't care enough to go through all these trouble you've gone through to prove the child is yours. So, why?

4 Likes

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Foodqueen(f): 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
Thought they said dna answers all shocked
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by yuping(m): 6:45am On Dec 11, 2021
They have honour you, now rest. next time use a condom and stopping disturbing other people peace.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by ogawisdom(m): 7:05am On Dec 11, 2021
dreside:

Conduct the test again in 2 different places to take your final decision
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by ogawisdom(m): 7:12am On Dec 11, 2021
dreside:

Until DNA says it's yours u are talking nonsense. It's only in 1891 ppl say such nonsense in 2021 DNA test is final.

Why does he even mean the world to you when DNA says it's not yours.

If u desperately need a child marry another woman n get many.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Jidemoo: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2021
E bi things...

Check out another DNA Test center......if the result comes out negative again...then free the child and the mother.

Wetin don happen don happen
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by dreside: 8:56am On Dec 11, 2021
Well, I came here to seek opinions... Before I went for 125,000nair a DNA centre, I checked up on a centre who said it going to cost me 500,000naira for myself and the child. Along the line I got another for 125,000naira which I went for. The samples taken from myself and the child was sent to a lab in the UK. Is there a probability something went wrong.
Is there a specific period DNA test are meant to be done.
I wish I could share my picture and that of the child publicly u would have understand why I feel this way
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by greenie77: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2021
dreside:
Well, I came here to seek opinions... Before I went for 125,000nair a DNA centre, I checked up on a centre who said it going to cost me 500,000naira for myself and the child. Along the line I got another for 125,000naira which I went for. The samples taken from myself and the child was sent to a lab in the UK. Is there a probability something went wrong.
Is there a specific period DNA test are meant to be done.
I wish I could share my picture and that of the child publicly u would have understand why I feel this way

Whose surname is the child bearing now?
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by dreside: 9:09am On Dec 11, 2021
The child bears another guy's name
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by greenie77: 9:30am On Dec 11, 2021
dreside:
The child bears another guy's name

The fact is you requested for a DNA test and her family agreed to it, you chose the clinic where it was done and the result was negative. You can't accuse them that after spending on her during the pregnancy (you didn't indicate you were financially responsible for her during that period ) they gave the child to another man.

The child bears the name of the man who is believed to be his father, on what ground will you be intruding into their lives to request for another DNA test? On what basis would any law court mandate them to bring the child forward and subject him to another test?

You were given the opportunity to establish the child's paternity and you have already taken it.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 11, 2021
dreside:

Which sample did you use to do the DNA test?? Blood?? Saliva?? Hair??
And did you collect the sample yourself, like did they collect the sample in your presence??

Cause as long as DNA test is done properly, there shouldn't be any mistake. If what you say is true, then the similarities between you and the child are just too stricking to shrug off...

So it's either...
They mismatched the samples, like used yours with another or the baby with another...
Or them run you street cheesy...
Or like someone said up there, someone who looks like you slept with your babe...

Buh if you intend to run the test again...
Collect the sample yourself and do it in a place where no one related to you or the girl has any idea about...

2 Likes

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by dreside: 10:40am On Dec 11, 2021
It was saliva and it was taken at the clinic. Hahaha Awon ti street OT
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Elporo(m): 11:41am On Dec 11, 2021
OKOATA:
Bros forget all this sentimental talk, don't waste money on another DNA cos the child isn't yours, DNA no fit lie onto say you pay 120k. Don't use emotions to allowing you to suffer another nonsense payment, the girl knows the real father, it's a psychological thing to you thinking the child resemble you cos you love him. Accept it and move on but if you have money to waste try DNA again but know say I did warn you bro.

Simple and short
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by eyinjuege: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2021
The girl has a type of guy she falls for. The type of guy that looks like you.
Because a baby looks like you now doesn't mean he will look like you in 6months as their features change a lot.
DNA which you personally arranged says you're not the father. You can arrange another one elsewhere though, to just satisfy your doubt. If the result remains consistent, then that is that otherwise you may need to do a third one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
You're feeling uneasy with the result for a reason, especially because the baby has all your features and looks exactly like you, so trust your instincts. Human errors and other factors can lead to a wrong DNA paternity result. For your peace of mind and for certainty, get a second test done and at a different location.
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Acidosis(m): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
You realized she was pregnant 3 months after you had sex? How old was the pregnancy the day you were told? If it's anything below 2 months or above 3 months, then you're only wasting your time and resources. Her pregnancy test results are enough to provide clarity on the issue. Also, before you spend another 150k, ask for the child's blood test results to at least ascertain the child's blood group and genotype. If any of these simple steps do not correlate, don't bother wasting your money. Newborns always look like everybody.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Pinkzebra: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
If you are in doubt, run another test .
If the girl says the child isn't yours and could easily allow you run DNA test then the child isn't yours. Go and get your own woman and have legal kids where you won't be worried if the children are yours

1 Like

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by soundOsonic: 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2021
dreside:
What you people don't know is that children comes in different shape, size and color.
The child isn't yours.
It's possible for a child to look like you even though you are not related. There are thousands of people that bears similar resemblance with you and you are not related.
I have met countless people and kids that looks like me. Oga move on

2 Likes

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by soundOsonic: 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2021
Mariangeles:

Why does claiming the child mean so much to you?
Do you love the mother?
Men usually don't care enough to go through all these trouble you've gone through to prove the child is yours. So, why?
You are obviously not a man

1 Like

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2021
Confusion everywhere, what women av caused in this world only GOD can understand.

1 Like

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by crackhaus: 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2021
I don't understand why you want the child to be yours by all means.

Are you impotent/infertile now?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
Go for another test, nah wetin pussy caused u be that, DNA problem everywhere.
Re: Is My Child About To Grow Up Knowing Another Man As His Father by emmanuelbrown26: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2021
dreside:
First and foremost, the said must be from the West. Then how long did it take for the result to come out?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parenting Win! / Ways To Deal With Annoying People / PHOTO: Which Of This Outfit Would You Prefer Your Daughter To Wear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.