Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Available Power Generation Capacity Plunges By 3,000MW To 6,000MW – Gencos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Available Power Generation Capacity Plunges By 3,000MW To 6,000MW – Gencos (9112 Views)

Despite ₦‎2.8 Trillion Subsidy, Power Averages 3,000MW In 10 Years / Nigeria Will Remain In Darkness Except FG Pays Our N1.6trn – GENCOS / Gas Shortage: Blackout Looms Nationwide As Gencos Cut Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Available Power Generation Capacity Plunges By 3,000MW To 6,000MW – Gencos by Mutigadara1: 5:58am On Jul 09, 2021
If the government allow them to charge "realistic tariff", more than half of the country can not afford to pay electricity bill.
omohayek:

In other words, the real problem here is the unwillingness of the Nigerian government to allow power companies to charge realistic tariffs that will justify their investments. Only in a basketcase like Nigeria does the fact that price controls cause shortages come across as rocket-science.
Re: Available Power Generation Capacity Plunges By 3,000MW To 6,000MW – Gencos by COMPAQ(m): 6:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
IMAliyu:

Recently our neighbor's house and our's went about 3 weeks with no electricity, because of some damage to the power line.
Through the process of repairs, the Disco found out that the neighbors had bypassed their meter.
The thing is, this people are not poor, it's a big fancy house and they can more than afford to pay for their bills,

That's a typical Nigerian for you!! I
Re: Available Power Generation Capacity Plunges By 3,000MW To 6,000MW – Gencos by Crossboy(m): 12:17am On Jul 10, 2021
kay29000:

But the funny thing is that in my area in ibadan, we used to have just like 6 hours light daily, but in the last couple of days we have been having like 18 hours of light a day. So, me I don't even understand this news.
Really? where in ibadan do u leave
Re: Available Power Generation Capacity Plunges By 3,000MW To 6,000MW – Gencos by kay29000(m): 9:16am On Jul 10, 2021
Crossboy:
Really? where in ibadan do u leave

A place called North Gate, in Ojoo. It is close to Sasa market, where the ethnic clash happened earlier this year. There is power supply right now...it has been on since 7am, and it will be on till evening

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai / Upgraded Lagos Domestic Airport Is Crumbling / APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.