Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns (24299 Views)

NYSC Should Be Held Responsible For Kidnap Of Corpers In Zamfara - Shehu Sani / Insinsecurity: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corp Members Trained To Use Gun- Ishaku / Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Kenneth10110(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
“If they can go out of this country and capture somebody who is declaring independence, why is it impossible for them to defend our people who are being killed in the farms?” Ishaku queried.

Hmmm
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
Darius Ishaku and Samuel Ortom are among the worst governors in Nigeria I can bet they none of this man's children will be serving. Abuja governor
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Wetpuxy: 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
Opexzy:
If you comment without reading the article, you are most likely going to swear for the governor.

To me, he has a point, but it should not be particular to NYSC alone... Everyone needs to learn the art of self defense including handling and using fire arms effectively in today's Nigeria.
so after the training we will be allowed to use gun publicly?
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Rayjnr: 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
AntiBMC:
Something must be whispering to these North people in their ears while they are sleeping. Then when they wake up..they start talking rubbish publicly.

All southerners always talking well, that's why a southerner said stealing is not corruption
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Emeka71(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
lilvicky68:
Nice statement coming from an Aboki.. I'm not surprised
I believe that Taraba governor is having mental problem.
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Klington: 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
These people think, talk and behave like cows.
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by einsteine(m): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
For him to understand the silliness of his suggestion, he should understand that in the countries that do compulsory military practice, it is not limited to graduates but anyone above 18 years. Those countries can do that because of their low population. You can't waste human resources for two years in a country where there are many people willing to voluntarily join the military.
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by paddyDIGITAL(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
Las Las, we are all soldiers.
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
Train your children and community people how to handle guns, all this backward thinking pricks are the major problem Nigeria is facing,it's like a fucking plague
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Avajay: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2021
Governor Darius Ishaku is not an Aboki. He is a Jukun man, and one of the worst performing governor's in Nigeria

quote author=Teadavid23 post=103488667]Awon werey gbogbo. Their own children dey abroad dey cruise our money ooo. Olorikori gbogbo.

[/quote]
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Electrochemistry(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2021
Honestly something is wrong with a lot of these northers! Just imagine!
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Ororocelemi(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
With the way Nigeria is going, I will personally pay to learn the use of fire arms, the governor is right, nobody knows what might happen tomorrow. In western world, they are places you go for shooting practice, I love it and it's not a crime.
But for the 2yrs NYSC no-no.

If you read, you will know he made sense with fire arms training.

2 Likes

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by harmony75: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
Stupid idea it should be scraped
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by chaloskyx: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
ehen mr gov so after wasting 2 years training to handle guns and earning a paltry 30k where do we purchase the guns to defend ourselves... please answer that dumbo these Nigerian politicians just open their mouths without thinking so what's the use of training for 2 years and still unable to get access to guns cause the same government has made it impossible for citizens through the constitution
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by tamdun: 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2021
These people are just looking for trouble, my child go north go defend who? God punish all these politicians
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Paromarc: 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2021
...and when they come out to no job opportunities, they will be robbing banks like NAVY SEALS. Braindead buffoon
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by igbsam(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2021
so that you can go and sacrifice them to boko haram that you monsters up there in the north created. Una dey ment
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by mekay2017(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2021
lilvicky68:

He's not Hausa. He's a Christian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Joseph08(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
When I was born and started having sense then I realized I'm a Nigerian I vex for my parents wallahi cry

Which kind Corntree be dis

I won't be surprised when senate approves it.

Whereas most of their children are abroad schooling, some have finished over there and already working.

Make I call my parents ask dem again undecided
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Samekidd: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
lilvicky68:
He is not an 'aboki' mumu
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by falseprophet: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
Check very well, the governor was high on Somali weed when he made the pronouncement.

In my igbo hommies voice, Ndi ara!!!
grin

Somali weed? never heard of them grin
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by senteugene: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
Then criteria to become governor should be 2 years in zoo
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by bayelsaowei(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
Idiots in power...this particular governor must be a fool...I am tired of our leaders...the truth is his own kids would never be part of his own suggestion, but rather the kids of suffering Nigerians or ordinary Nigerians..
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
BigDick70inch:
Well I think is okay for self defense........

Hope......they got ain't no plan to force them into fighting insurgents after training??
Na step by step. They will first of all make it look as if they want the Corp members to be able to defend themselves. Then without announcing it they will tell them you must fight Boko Haram for 4yrs after nysc before you will be given discharge certificate.
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by gr8child(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
He should lead by example. Go and redo NYSC for 2 years and carry gun.
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Greatlee54: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Your children!
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by oyeb15: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
So that they can become bandits cos jobs aren't available
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by ofiko123(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
What is the use or purpose of NYSC..
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Maranzano(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
The NYSC that was introduced after the civil war to foster unity in Nigeria may soon be a thing of the past. Many graduates and their parents are not willing to partake in the program due to the deteriorating security situation in different parts of Nigeria. Kidnapping and other terrorist activities in the north especially has made it difficult for young graduates from the south to go there to serve their fatherland. Northern graduates are also not comfortable to leave their comfort zone in service of Nigeria. The most daunting task for the government of today is to reunite Nigeria and restore the confidence of Nigerians of diverse ethnic groups. So far, the divisive forces acting on this country is much stronger than the uniting force. Nepotism and insecurity has eroded the relevance of NYSC.
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by omoranmilowo: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
REAL FOOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nysc A15 Taraba Peeps Lets Meet Here / NYSC Announces Date For Printing Of Call Up Letter For Batch A 2017 / Prospective NYSC 2019 Batch C Corps Members Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.