Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref (468 Views)

"You Won't Sleep Well For Awarding England A Penalty" - Mourinho Blasts Referee / Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight / Assistant Referee Celebrates Awarding Penalty For Tottenham Vs Liverpool (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref by Great100000: 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
Euro 2020: You won’t sleep well for awarding penalty – Mourinho blasts England v Denmark ref

Former Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid boss, Jose Mourinho has expressed shock over the penalty awarded to England in their Euro 2020 semi-final victory over Denmark on Wednesday night.

Mourinho said the referee, Danny Makkelie won’t sleep well after awarding the penalty in extra-time but insisted that England fully deserved to advance to the final.

It was the first major final for the England men’s national team since 1966. The referee pointed to the spot judging Joakim Maehle to have clipped Raheem Sterling.

It was clear Maehle only made minimal contact with the Manchester City forward, but VAR did not overrule the decision of the referee.

Harry Kane’s penalty was saved by Kasper Schmeichel, but he converted the rebound to seal a 2-1 win for England and end their semi-final hoodoo.

“Yes, amazing game, but I’m not sure you want to listen to my opinion,” Mourinho told talkSPORT.

“But I say it the way I see it and I don’t believe the referee is going to sleep well!”

“I say the way I see it, not the way it is. Maybe you don’t like my opinion this time….

“It’s never a penalty. The best team won, England deserved to win. England was fantastic, but for me it’s never a penalty.

“But, for me, it’s never a penalty. At this level, a semi-final of a Euro I don’t really understand the referee’s decision.

“And I don’t understand even less the fact that the VAR didn’t bring the referee to the screen or overturn the decision. For me it’s never a penalty.

“But as a football man, I am disappointed that a penalty was given. I thought England would win it.

“The Danish team was really, really tired in extra time. The players were absolutely at their limits.

“I thought England would win in extra-time. As a football man I’m not happy with that penalty. I would prefer to win in a different way.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/08/euro-2020-you-wont-sleep-well-for-awarding-penalty-mourinho-blasts-england-v-denmark-ref/?amp=1

1 Share

Re: Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref by heniford2: 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
grin but that thing nobi p k we saw it naw tongue dem go change am for mouh
Re: Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref by Great100000: 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jose Mourinho & Blasting

Jose Mourinho Blasts This, Blasts That....

Re: Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref by Talknochip(m): 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
i didnt watch the match, but i believe it will not be a penalty if Sterling was involved

2 Likes

Re: Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref by WibusJaga: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2021
Not PK.
But England was the better team & deserved to be in the final.
Re: Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref by paulolee(m): 7:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
this mou in just too blunt n I like him for dt
Re: Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref by paulolee(m): 7:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
Talknochip:
i didnt watch the match, but i believe it will not be a penalty if Sterling was involved
u even know am well too....na better diver...mou is right on dis wan

1 Like

Re: Euro 2020: You Won’t Sleep Well For Awarding Penalty – Mourinho Blasts Ref by paulolee(m): 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
Great100000:
Jose Mourinho & Blasting

Jose Mourinho Blasts This, Blasts That....
atimes he speaks with sentiments n m not a fan of him but he is right on this wan...dt ball isnt a penalty

(1) (Reply)

Only Real Messi Fans Will Understand The Great Meaning Behind This Picture / Guardiola Lavishes Praise On Sam Edozie / Messi ACTUALLY Have More Penalty Goals Than Ronaldo...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.