Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? (21551 Views)

Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University / Gateman Crashes His Boss' New Car While Trying To Drive - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by praiseneo(m): 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
No difference either way you go sabi drive but driving schoool g ok ba teach you basic Road rules more than random person u de learn from
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Oladipo1166(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2021

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by dhareh: 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
Except you're planning on driving abroad but if it's the very lagos you'll be driving, ngwanu learn from someone, that will be more practical and applicable to our style here, even if the person is rough you can adjust your own initiative with road signs when you're on the stairing and pls have it at the back of your mind during your learning process that it is better you hit someone's car or hit a pole than to hit someone or people

2 Likes

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by igbsam(m): 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Learn online.....

[img]https://media1./images/d9a9af78b4e962f5b725c862f15584e1/tenor.gif?itemid=19099968[/img]

Una just mumu for this forum. Person go ask important question, but people like you go dey eager to show stupidity with your response. When una go dey serious here sef ?

2 Likes

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Bullman(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2021
Fantazy:
Advice Me Please

I want to learn to drive, as in, professional, responsible driving, which I will love to get a driving job after.

I am thinking of going to a Driving school
Or
Look for someone who has, or in possession of a car and Learn from (probably spending less money)

Please which do you advice I do?

Please kindly state the advantages and disadvantages of both
Thanks sirs/mas
May God/Allah bless you
n

I learned how to drive online via you tube a manual car volkwagen golf 2.. i downloaded lots of tutorial videos and i can confidently tell you that even lewis Hamilton cant handle that manual shift stick better than me undecided

2 Likes

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by meobizy(f): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
It’s just another day on Nairaland. Don’t forget this a medium where questions like “manual vs automatic transmission” and “hand washing vs washing machine” are asked every fortnight. I’m shocked that “manually writing down contacts vs using digital phonebook” has not graced the front page all these years.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Sweeetheart(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
there is no one that's not cool so far you've car that you will use to practise after teaching you
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by platido(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
No time for driving school. If you get danfo give me make I match one leg return give you.
pH rough make man pikin survive
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Raph82(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
It all depends on u bro, driving school has become expensive these days, not even in this tough economy. If I were u, I'll rather get someone to fuel his car, give him like 2k to teach me for a week. Driving is not rocket science, once u can engage and disengage gear, straighten ur hand, u are gud to go. Any other thing u need to know, just go online and learn it there. Nobody taught me how to drive, I went online, read about it, watch a YouTube video, then I practised with car. Today I can drive from here to Kano. Doing it that way, u save lots of money and use that money to process ur driving license, instead of dashing it out to driving school. Most of these driving schools, their owners did not learn to drive from driving schools o.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by chloride6: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2021
Depends on how fast you can learn.

Learning to drive is easy what you need is confidence.

Just enter the road, no two ways about it..
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by pek(m): 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
Driving school. You will learn faster and better.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Moscodee1990(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
Approved Driving school is best, they will teach you everything in detail, theories and practicals
And they will also help to get ur license easily.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by rabiudon: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by adonaimart(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
Go to driving school.
You learn basic driving.
Safe and emergency driving.
Even basic maintenance tips.
You learn highway codes.
Some tricks in beating LASTMA, POLICE AND FRSC grin grin

I love you guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Styluss: 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by drfasam(m): 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by ajbabs(m): 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by finalboss(m): 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2021
Asking people who can't drive ??
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Uniquisite: 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
This is giving me headache as i need to learn fast.. I am confuse on the best outta the two sad
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by MrJames007: 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
Wherever you're going to learn it from, ensure to learn with a manual transmission(gear). Most people who drive only automatic transmission cars are still learners.

1 Like

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Youngsage: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
Most of the driving schools over here are just useless. That's why we have so many disasters waiting to happen sitting behind steering wheels on our roads. Half baked products of useless driving schools.

Only a hand full really know what they're doing.

Otherwise if you were like me, you'll end up teaching your instructor. Thank God for my driving ingenuity.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Creeknigga(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
Scammer!!!
begojo9375:
Follow up
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Bigshoe2028: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
Go driving school am talking from experience , e cost money but u will learn A lot , your friend only focus will be just to control , while schools and others give u real world guide how to avoid some traffic problems and defaults
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Goldbw122(m): 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
MrJames007:
Wherever you're going to learn it from, ensure to learn with a manual transmission(gear). Most people who drive only automatic transmission cars are still learners.
That is what I always tell yahoo boys and you know youth that want to learn how to drive, when you are want to learn , simple drive manual that will help, you understand the ethnics of driving..
Sorry for the big Grammer...
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by bobbiiee: 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
*No one will ask for your driving school certificate if you choose to go through one.
*Go to frsc website to check for list of accredited driving school in your state.
*Make sure you get a learner's permit before learning. It should not be more than N1k.
*As a learner, you are expected to have the learner sign on the front and back of the vehicle whenever you are driving, otherwise, you may be arrested by law enforcement.
*As a learner, you must have a licensed driver by you as long as you don't have a valid driver's license.
*Driving schools charge from N15k, it also depends on the state of residence and the type of vehicle used. Some charge as much as N50k.
*They will take you for about 10 working days.
*If you have someone that is licensed, experienced, and calm to take a learner through, I think it is better than going to a driving school.
*Some driving school will put about three or four learners in the car at a time when one of them is driving.
* Go online and download road signs, also download road offenses and charges from frsc website.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by somehow: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
If you want to learn everything about driving like

signs reading
distance between cars
What to do in terrible situations
The emotions of driving

Go to a driving school.

Our lack of drivers learning professionally is one of the reasons we have madness on our roads.

2 Likes

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by linearity: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
I thought base in the new driver license requirements in Nigeria, you must present a driving certificate from an approved driving school when submitting your driver license application?

1 Like

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by kekemeke2000: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
begojo9375:
Follow up

Everybody beware this is a scam

This is his full details

AKINDELE OLUBUNMI AYOBAMI
First bank

His phone numbers

+234 904 746 2339
+234 704 830 5795
+234 903 464 4282

His other account details are as follows
akindele olubunmi
First,bank
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by nonny1212: 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
Me and my kid bro(him too no sabi drive) started the learning journey.

Omo na ride of courage o. But trust me na the best way to learn.

I gathered some tips online before embarking on this learning journey.

First of all we started up on a field on a Sunday. We go go very early in the morning, buy enough fuel and food for the day.

Then, 1st day, we started up by driving round the field.
2 other learners dey the field so we were catching cruise and feeling james bond on the express road. Towards afternoon, we placed some tires on the field and learnt reverse (1 of the most complicated). Na that time I know say driving hard small(reversing). Towards evening, I called my elder bro to come pick us coz fear no gree me and junior bro enter road to drive. That was the first day sha.

2nd Sunday, we practiced the same thing, driving foward and reverse. Then I still called my elder bro to come drive us home coz road was too busy on every Sunday evening. But along the trip back home, he encouraged me to drive a little, Omo, as I entered steering wan move foward, na that time I know say driving in field and driving on the real road na different world. The kyn fear wey dey my body dey make me cut steering wan enter gutter if I see car dey approach me. I didn't drive 10 poles, I begged my elder bro to come and drive coz I no wan jam person car.

Within the 2nd week, he encouraged me to try early morning drives. So around 5:00 in the morning, me and kid bro will hit the road. That time, road is very free. So he was my hype man and director while we did the ride(the small boy get courage sha) we will practise for 1hr 30mins. Within these time, you will see less cars on the road. So we took our time to perfect our will.
Tip: Don't ever speed while on this phase. Drive as slow as possible. So you will perfect your handling the steering.

3rd sunday, we decided not to go to field and enter road. We had it in mind that we may hit someone's car but, we gathered enough courage. And guess what, we later hit someone's car that day(make I no tall wetin happen sha). but na small hit. That was Towards evening time, the roads are usually busy. But during the day, we drove on the main road and we did very well.

Another tip. It takes alot of courage to drive on the main road during your leaving phase. But ones you start and drive for let's say 30mins, you will see the fear disappearing.

Another tip. You must hit someone's car or something(maybe wall or tree), my own na person car. It is part of the things that will make your fears disappear entirely.

But the good news is.... Driving is really really easy. It is easier to drive than walk. I'm telling you from experience. Driving is one of the easiest thibg we do to help life.

If you get money, go driving school o. But me, I will advise you nor to go, you will save your 30k. Just find someone who is good on wheels to accompany you.

2 Likes

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by MrJames007: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
Goldbw122:

That is what I always tell yahoo boys and you know youth that want to learn how to drive, when you are want to learn , simple drive manual that will help, you understand the ethnics of driving..
Sorry for the big Grammer...
Many of them who claim James007 with automatic transmission, give them manual gear dem no go fit move am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''Your Job Can Make You Impotent'' / How Much Do Entry Level Lab Technologist In Fed Unis Earn? / Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.