Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? (21519 Views)

Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University / Gateman Crashes His Boss' New Car While Trying To Drive - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2021
confidential20:
It all depends on you, how you can grasp things. They're people that can easily learn things mere looking at how it's done while others needs to be shown the basics and all. For me, I learnt from watching my parents then and just one day I I hit the roads although I started with bad roads and when I found out I was good driving on such roads, I hit the express and that was how I learnt driving. No one sat ne down to show me or teach me on a one on one basis. Just learnt from observing how my parents does it. So like I said earlier it's the way you learn that will determine which method to go for.
Lol that's is for people like you and I with good IQ
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by cPapaAjascO: 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
Goldbw122:

That is what I always tell yahoo boys and you know youth that want to learn how to drive, when you are want to learn , simple drive manual that will help, you understand the ethnics of driving..
Sorry for the big Grammer...
u screwed my brain with ur english.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by AmgMakanaki(m): 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
Teach yourself by yourself.. driving No Hard
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Silvernus2020(m): 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
Fantazy:

Thanks a lot for this. I really appreciate

You're most welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
MajesticKris:
Na for Lagos I know say driver's dey earn pass graduate's for Asaba...

Imagine a driver earning 50-57k
While my graduate friends earn 35k and are forming comfortable chai...
May be you are not referring to Lagos because in Lagos minimum job is 50k to survive
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
ayandee:
I enrolled in a driving school for one month. The instructor did not let me move beyond gear 1. He was just full of grammar and theory. I bought my car and my neighbour offered to teach me. In 2 weeks i was on the highway. God bless my neighbour
Do you mean you wasted time in driving school
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
Boscolo:

I strongly disagree with you on this. If you had said automatic I would have said hmmmm..OK, but manual guy ot is not true.
OK, how do you know that for every stop you made you must take the gear back to one ?
How do you know that if you take your foot off the clutch immediately the car will stall?
How do you get to know the biting point to balance the clutch and accelerator ?
How do you get to understand clutch control while driving and reversing ?
How do you know which gear is suitable for what speed and situation, and finally how do you known when to change from one gear to the other .
Guy you cannot learn all these by just watching someone driving a manual , never
See expert speaking

1 Like

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by kelmicheal: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
The most important things to know as a learner is to be familiar with road signs, signals and symbols and not just to control steering alone like mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Laideabdulahi: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
MajesticKris:

I have a driving job available now , that the pay is fixed at #100,000.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by freeman67: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2021
Fantazy:
Advice Me Please

I want to learn to drive, as in, professional, responsible driving, which I will love to get a driving job after.

I am thinking of going to a Driving school
Or
Look for someone who has, or in possession of a car and Learn from (probably spending less money)

Please which do you advice I do?

Please kindly state the advantages and disadvantages of both
Thanks sirs/mas
May God/Allah bless you

I would have said both. However since you are considering cost, go with the Driving School. Be sure the school is FRSC & VIO certified so that you can easily get a driver's license through them. Since you intend to make it a profession, driver's licence is very necessary.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Laideabdulahi: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
Boscolo:
I will advice you go to a driving school. The reason why we have unnecessary traffic and accidents especially in Lagos is as a result of bad driving ethics.

Driving is more than moving a car from point A to B.
Driving school ll teach you by using manual transmission, and if you can drive manual you can drive automatic,but if you can drive automatic you cannot drive manual.
Things you ll learn in driving school includes and not limited to;
How to check your mirror, when to signal, blind spot, reverse parking, bay parking , parallel parking, what to observe when approaching a junction, how to navigate a round about , when do you think you have priority of the road and when you don't (and pave way for other cars), how to respect other road users, lane discipline etc .No non-professional driver will teach you this.

Learning the fundamentals of driving will save you and other road users.
Our problem is that most drivers in Nigeria lack the basics/fundamentals of driving .
So, go to driving school.

Really On point
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by lastchild: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
i still wonder when people say they are learning how to drive

i entered my dad's car one morning and drove it
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by captain247: 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
Do not look at the spending if you need quality go to driving school where you will learn in a more professional way.

Driving is not all about how to step on throttle and apply gear, you need to learn Rules of the road, traffic signs, people crossing sign, No U-turn or U-turn sign, Nigeria speed limits, road signs when approaching certain locations like giveaway and stand-on sign, approaching a bend, height limit sign e.t.c. There are various signs you will see how do you not fall law in all of these a personal driver will not be able to teach you because he doesn't have a standard book only by mouth. The offenses of Nigeria road users and amount to pay you will find in the book a driving school will sell to you so incase police stop you then you should have idea what your offence is.

Knowledge of dash board signs, low engine oil or brake fluid, door light , sensors of your car suspension display and many others you will learn in a driving school as they use manual cars to teach and not automatic car. Much more especially you need a driving certificate and many of them also have direct link on fast processing of drivers licence with Road Safety office.

1 Like

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Fantazy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
freeman67:

I would have said both. However since you are considering cost, go with the Driving School. Be sure the school is FRSC & VIO certified so that you can easily get a driver's license through them. Since you intend to make it a profession, driver's licence is very necessary.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
Boscolo:

I strongly disagree with you on this. If you had said automatic I would have said hmmmm..OK, but manual guy ot is not true.
OK, how do you know that for every stop you made you must take the gear back to one ?
How do you know that if you take your foot off the clutch immediately the car will stall?
How do you get to know the biting point to balance the clutch and accelerator ?
How do you get to understand clutch control while driving and reversing ?
How do you know which gear is suitable for what speed and situation, and finally how do you known when to change from one gear to the other .
Guy you cannot learn all these by just watching someone driving a manual , never
I've sat down beside my dad, truck driver and our mechanic for so long to be able to ask questions, I've done some testing in the absence of dad. A football field is beside our shop. The pickup truck for logistics (block and cement) is virtually available 24/7.
I know it's difficult but never say never.
Some people do take risk beyond imagination. I've once tried connect a wire from the pole in an unknown land(went there for work), without PPE and no electrical experience, it sparked and the whole street was in darkness.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by CALCULUS16: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2021
Learn from book. Download driving book. Like me nw, there is no vehicle i cant drive, i started with trailer and then teeper. It took me just 10 minute to learn them. I dont need to pedal anything, with my mouth i can drive from here to kutuwenji, is it nt gear 1 to 4, break, accelerator and clutch, then the stearing wheel. When ur car sound zoom after ignition then its in good condition , begin ur journey. Though it depends on whether na automatic or manual u want drive. If u want learn more, i can teach you-though i still find it hard to ride even a bicycle cheesy
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by TheEnygma(m): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
smilyice:
Go to driving school mbok
Kpong enye mbok!!!
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by ayandee: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Do you mean you wasted time in driving school
i wasted time there. I lacked boldness during the driving sessions at the driving school. My neighbour allowed me make my mistakes. I hit an abandoned vehicle. I was scared at first but my neighbour said that incident was necessary. From that moment, I learnt to distinguish between the brake and the accelerator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by atey15(m): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2021
i will advise you to learn from a driving school, because it will make it more easier for you, if u want to apply for your drivers license, as u already specify u want to take driving as a profession
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by localboy: 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
Fantazy:
Advice Me Please

I want to learn to drive, as in, professional, responsible driving, which I will love to get a driving job after.

Or
Look for someone who has, or in possession of a car and Learn from (probably spending less money)

Thanks sirs/mas
May God/Allah bless you

Do Both , it will help you alot. Learning from someone is more of hands-on but going to the driving school is more of learning the theory/basis/fundamentals. Another thing is to get a good driving school and not the mushroom ones .

Thank you
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Goldbw122(m): 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
cPapaAjascO:
u screwed my brain with ur english.
grin cheesy sorry about that.. I just tire
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
MajesticKris:

Even that 50k is just the average. Nevertheless, you can't compare the cost of living between Lagos and Asaba.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by ModelLook(m): 12:38am On Jul 09, 2021
More Than Half Of The People On Nairaland Are CHILDREN
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by phemmyfour: 5:04am On Jul 09, 2021
Fantazy:
Advice Me Please

Or

Thanks sirs/mas
May God/Allah bless you
I used both. Driving school will help you with understanding of road signs and driving ethics. It makes it easier to pass frsc test and interview to qualify you to own a driver license
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Obidiugwu: 6:02am On Jul 09, 2021
My brother go to driving school,you will even need the certificate since you will need it to apply for a job. Dm us for different type of
Cars at affordable prices..ZeroEightOneThreeFourThreeFiveOneSixThreeSix
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by de3lar(m): 8:02am On Jul 09, 2021
NewDelhi:

Oga stop exagerrating. It's not possible to learn a manual just by watching. People say this nonsense alot. So how did you learn how to balance the clutch and gas pedal? Who taught you how to press on clutch before changing gears? How did you know the time and situations to change gears? How did you know which gear is more suitable for which terrain.?

I learnt to drive manual without little or no one's help. Just by observing my Pman and understanding the car revs when he changes the gear. Balancing the clutch and gas pedal only works for the first gear, remaining ones na clutch change gear and rev, so far you're in motion else the car will stutter. Just know the right gear at the right time and you'll be good. Take note of your revs or sound of your car to know when you're over reving or under reving and you'll know which gear to be at the moment. Lobatan.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by MajesticKris: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2021
Pls send location and email for CV...

Laideabdulahi:

I have a driving job available now , that the pay is fixed at #100,000.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by chris51(f): 8:25am On Jul 09, 2021
Go to a driving school to have proper knowledge of driving and to develop confidence. After that, a relation or friend can teach you.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by chris51(f): 8:25am On Jul 09, 2021
chris51:
Go to a driving school to have proper knowledge of driving and to develop confidence. After that, a relation or friend can teach you.
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by Laideabdulahi: 8:31am On Jul 09, 2021
MajesticKris:
Pls send location and email for CV...

Executive Driver - Pay N100,000

Executive Driver required to work for family based in Chevron

You must have atleast 4yrs driving experience.

Applicants must have experience working for companies and or business executives.

Your work references will be verified before you are offered a job. You must be able to provide atleast two references from a past employer.

You must have a good grasp of english
You must be presentable and a safe driver
Please send CV to angelhart4326@gmail.com
Re: Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? by MajesticKris: 8:34am On Jul 09, 2021
Good bless you... Sir...
I'm applying ASAP...

Laideabdulahi:

Executive Driver - Pay N100,000

Executive Driver required to work for family based in Chevron

You must have atleast 4yrs driving experience.

Applicants must have experience working for companies and or business executives.

Your work references will be verified before you are offered a job. You must be able to provide atleast two references from a past employer.

You must have a good grasp of english
You must be presentable and a safe driver
Please send CV to angelhart4326@gmail.com

This is another one for females only
uzzy4real@keromail.com
Attach passport as well as a separate document.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Low, Middle And High Income / How Much Do Entry Level Lab Technologist In Fed Unis Earn? / Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.