Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. (115085 Views)

Abeg Na Plantain Be This (pic) / You Don Not Need A Silver Spoon To Eat Good Food! / Abia Corper Wraps Her Spoon With A Nylon Before Eating With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Na situation like this dey make my elder sister chop blows wella. Anytime she attempted playing smartness, I reset her with punches grin

Poverty is indeed a disease angry

Even if pepper enter your eyes, una go still manage dey watch others to confirm say dem no pass their boundaries,,,,

1 Like

Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Asianjollof007: 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
starbuck:
I was born with a silver spoon but we did it because we lived with most of our cousins and my parents made sure we shared same plate of foods..

Because i was the last baby of the house, they always made sure they share it accordingly so the older greedy ones won't cheat on me..

Dunno, right now i can't seem to share plate of food with anyone again, I did rather let you have it than joining me

If your parents wants to adopt a son, i'm available. I need to see how it feels to be born with a silver spoon
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by lastclaire4(f): 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
od501:

Nope. That's a way to share small amount of food to children those days, especially in the 80s and early 90s. In dkingbthis, you also teach them lesson about life; how to respect boundaries.

Ok but not like it is a full meal.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by od501: 10:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
lastclaire4:

Ok but not like it is a full meal.

No way. Back then, we can even share one fish egg into 5 places. It is part of home training, it teaches contentment, respect, etc grin grin
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by 360command: 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
ShawttySoFyne:
I was not born with a silver spoon and I don't understand this oh
I was born with a silver spoon and I understand it.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by JimmyBishop: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2021
debbydams:
the only thing that made me share food like was the day my dad hold a a cane and told Me u must finish this food cos I dnt take much food I'll always waste it ni,that day I divided into 3 so that it will be easier for me to finish it fast
Guess you belong to the new generation. Back then, nobody begs nor forces you to eat. God, pls crown the hustle of every parent with success.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by lastclaire4(f): 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2021
od501:

No way. Back then, we can even share one fish egg into 5 places. It is part of home training, it teaches contentment, respect, etc grin grin

Ok I get u. It teaches love and looking out for one another. Looking it from the angle that it was shared equally.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by OceanEye: 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
Abyounghammed:
Those days with me and my 2brother, we dont like eating amala, but mum will make sure we finish it, as the senior bro, I will seperate it to 3 till we finally finish, and if u can't finish ur own u bribe me with meat

Nostalgia!!!!!!
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by alizma: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2021
dairykidd:
Only time i have seen this was back in abj when i gave a group of almajiri boys numbering about 15 some money. They bought food and shared like this. They would pass the one plate around till it got to the last kid... I had PTSD from watching those kids. OP if u grow up like this mhenn. I pray God erases the memory completely from ur mind
Why should God erase it? That is his path and past that lead to where he is today. The situation can be erase but let the thought remain for the glory of God who has brought him to where he is today.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Dearlord(m): 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2021
I used to share small portion before sharing the main shares grin grin
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Cyphar(m): 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2021
dairykidd:
Only time i have seen this was back in abj when i gave a group of almajiri boys numbering about 15 some money. They bought food and shared like this. They would pass the one plate around till it got to the last kid... I had PTSD from watching those kids. OP if u grow up like this mhenn. I pray God erases the memory completely from ur mind

What is PSTD? angry
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by RPG2020(m): 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
ShawttySoFyne:

Then you are not telling the truth �
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Thesaint141(m): 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
Indomie Generation will not understand dis.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by meobizy(f): 12:01am On Jul 11, 2021
I was and yet I understand it. It’s pure commonsense. In boarding school we did this so I would have known either way.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by ransomed: 12:02am On Jul 11, 2021
His destiny is associated with scarcity, hardship , killings and local & international kidnapping.
There is no single trace of crayfish in that bowl of rice. May God save us from the wicked shepherd.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by PacAmaru: 12:07am On Jul 11, 2021
It's obvious so many people here didn't experience the kind of life some of us experienced eventho some weren't constant but they just keep flashing.... OP I can relate,lol all these made childhood fun and made our siblings bond to be stronger!!
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by lesson44: 1:02am On Jul 11, 2021
dairykidd:
Some of us grew up sharing food like the one in the photo. Trust me, we turns out very well.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by laiperi: 1:06am On Jul 11, 2021
We all learn everyday. The more you know, the more you realize how much more there is to know or how little you know.

I have always thought the worst days in Nigeria were those of 0-0-1, 1-0-0 or 0-1-0.

We used to say, nobody starved in Nigeria except in the cities. It was the reason people were encourage to go back to villages because there was plenty to eat, though variety may be missing. One of the reasons we cry in Nigeria today is because nobody starved then. One of the jokes that was not funny was when a lady confessed she put more pepper in the food so that the kids bele go full well well.

Yes, 80s was bad especially to those that know earlier years. But most people would say 80s was better than the 90s just as some people would say 90s was better than 20s.

Rice was never our stable food, it used to be eaten once or twice a week and others only eat it once or at parties. But this picture brings tears. I could never believe it happened in Nigeria!
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Coronavirus1: 1:50am On Jul 11, 2021
ShawttySoFyne:
me i understand it wella it is share among the children the senior person chooses his on follow by the next the last person will complain then our mother will add little from her own sweet mother
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Coronavirus1: 1:51am On Jul 11, 2021
me i understand it wella it is share among the children the senior person chooses his on follow by the next the last person will complain then our mother will add little from her own sweet mother
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by friday2011(m): 1:56am On Jul 11, 2021
[quote author=Wawelexy post=103505977][/quote]

Yeah, the eldest must give part of the meat to others, no matter how small, na for that side the real quarel dey start. grin grin grin
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by 10mobile: 2:18am On Jul 11, 2021
phemmyfour:
you were born with a plastic spoon. Only people that were born without spoon will understand
Madooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by 400billionman: 2:24am On Jul 11, 2021
louken:
I can perfectly relate. Good old days. Still makes me feel nostalgic. May God bless all parents that are struggling under this harsh economy to ensure that the children have something to eat. May you live to reap the fruits of your labour

Amen
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 11, 2021
louken:
I can perfectly relate. Good old days. Still makes me feel nostalgic. May God bless all parents that are struggling under this harsh economy to ensure that the children have something to eat. May you live to reap the fruits of your labour
Amen!
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Kayyus09(m): 3:26am On Jul 11, 2021
Those days shocked
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 11, 2021
aribisala0:
why should the memory be erased?

The funny thing about people who call God upandan is their failure to understand the essence of life.

Life is dual male and female hot and cold and so on

But people pray only for ease and comfort.

which ultimately is an illusion
So this God does not know what he is doing when he creates people who are born blind or with no legs?

If truly you believe in a God and that God put you in that position maybe it is because you have a lesson to learn and God sent you on a course .
You now attend the course and are asking God to delete the memory?
You're right about that
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Balofariojames: 3:42am On Jul 11, 2021
ShawttySoFyne:
In those day, if you are three living with your parents siblings, whenever meal ready and the three of you are not around. Who so ever come home first will eat his/her food and leave the rest for others.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Wawelexy(m): 3:45am On Jul 11, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Why not just put them in separate plates to avoid confusion?
......... Well, the idea was as a result of limited plate or rice.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Iceyjayzz(m): 3:46am On Jul 11, 2021
I don't understand the picture
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Wawelexy(m): 3:47am On Jul 11, 2021
Hammyaladin:
shouldn't it be the smallest tongue
....... No o, how can the baby of the house share the meat.
Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by Wawelexy(m): 3:51am On Jul 11, 2021
friday2011:

Yeah, the eldest must give part of the meat to others, no matter how small, na for that side the real quarel dey start. grin grin grin
..... Yes o, everybody go shine their eyes make one person no come use shovel pack another person sand sand.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. by cardoctor(m): 6:21am On Jul 11, 2021
Never seen this type before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coconut Without Meat: Has Anyone Seen This Type Of Coconut Before? (Photos) / Best Baby Food / Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.