Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! (9317 Views)

12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy / How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health / I Lost My Baby To A System Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by sulad82i(m): 3:10pm On May 11, 2011
So this is a marketing strategy afterall. The OP was just trying to lead pple to her site with the fictitious story
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by cchioke: 3:28pm On May 11, 2011
since you have gotten a solution good luck, otherwise i would have sujested you use something grin
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by ineshed: 3:58pm On May 11, 2011
I dont think dis shld be a big concern to you.i use to experience dis with my 2yrs + son.but i had to ensure that i brush his teeth morni and eveni.this cud be challenging because of his tender nature but u can use tooth paste that are met for his age.u can brush the tongue and use cotton wool and tooth paste on his teeth.just be gentle with him so he doesnt sustain injury in the gum.the breath will become normal with time.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by DamiKhojie(m): 4:08pm On May 11, 2011
Brush her teeth very well at least twice a day. Also use a tongue cleaner as that's where most bad breath comes from there is also mouthwash for kids he can use every time she's finished washing her mouth.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by MMM2(m): 4:20pm On May 11, 2011
pray 4 ur baby.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Ojumiii(m): 4:38pm On May 11, 2011
Grin you probably have a nasty breath too, you need spiritual cleasing cos this is a spiritual problem, am sure you are one of those ladies with smelly pus-y!

which kind of human are you? for this kind of reasoning.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by abakiki(f): 4:46pm On May 11, 2011
its obvious you really do not need our advise cos your link says otherwise. Guess its just cheap advert.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by bababuff(m): 4:50pm On May 11, 2011
@OP

It is not a big deal at all. I don't know why people keep saying "brush the teeth", the problem is the tongue.

When you brush the baby's mouth take time to clean the tongue properly. Use a cotton wool or a soft brush to do this and you will notice the result within days
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by tankwa: 5:20pm On May 11, 2011
Hope your baby's bad breath is not hereditary. If so, I can advise you as to how you can effectively remedy the bad breath. First, provide me with the following:

1) One tolotolo (turkey).
2) two he-goats.
3) one bag of salt.
4) 2 bags of rice.
5) 15 tubers of yam.
6) 1 cow (extra large cow, please).
7) one bag of kolanut.
8 ) palm oil and vegetable oil.
9) N 1M.
10) 7 guinea fowls.

WHY MAKING A JEST OF PEOPLE'S OPINION
@shuganezie
you insulted someone's mother. If someone makes such a comment on yua mother how will yu fell.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by oluchioke(f): 5:41pm On May 11, 2011
babies mouth are usually cleaned when they are born, It could be that your baby's mouth was not cleaned properly at the hospital. Also try reducing the intake of diary products especially before going to bed, brush morning and night, hope and pray it gets better, you also need to seek medical advise. good luck
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Stallion84(m): 6:11pm On May 11, 2011
i could be a mild bacteria infection. just as advised, get medical help.
all the best
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 11, 2011
hmmm.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by bidell1(f): 7:18pm On May 11, 2011
and this post is still on the front page.

Hmm, Seun's partiality is incredible,
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by ccfr9ja(m): 7:38pm On May 11, 2011
Hope your baby's bad breath is not hereditary. If so, I can advise you as to how you can effectively remedy the bad breath. First, provide me with the following:

1) One tolotolo (turkey).
2) two he-goats.
3) one bag of salt.
4) 2 bags of rice.
5) 15 tubers of yam.
6) 1 cow (extra large cow, please).
7) one bag of kolanut.
8 ) palm oil and vegetable oil.
9) N 1M.
10) 7 guinea fowls.

Isn't that so wicked of you
All the items listed here can easily marry another wife for this young man i guess. That's if the wife's breast is really soured, lol
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by campbell05: 8:29pm On May 11, 2011
There's a problem you need to see a dentist!!!!
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by slimyem: 9:15pm On May 11, 2011
na wa o, this adesua woman thinks we nairalanders are fool.madam,please find a straightforward way to advertise your book, mtcheeeeew!
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by igbogolo: 9:16pm On May 11, 2011
If after trying everything ie normal hygiene and the baby still has bad breadth, then its time for organ test.

Have you checked his liver, his pancreas etc. some bad breadth actually come from the stomach and the small u are experiencing could as well be a symptom of an underlying illness,

See a doctor
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Ambber(f): 9:40pm On May 11, 2011
Please take the baby to see an ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor. I suspect he/she may have a throat condition which should be treatable.

Children have bad breath when they have a sore throat. it's a quick tell tale sign but if the bad breath is persistent, there must be something going on in the throat that must be checked timely.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 11, 2011
I see someone suggested using salt to clean your baby's teeth. Please don't do this. Salt is bad for babies, their digestive systems are not geared to cope with high salt content, which is why baby foods taste rather bland to us adults.

Babies will generally swallow more tooth paste than they'll spit out. Salt will be the same. It's very possible for a child to suffer acute salt poisoning, which could be fatal. Just concentrate more on regular cleaning with toothpaste. On no account should you be tempted to use salt or mouthwash. Use baby toothpaste, or if using regular paste, use a pea-sized amount to minimise swallowing.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Outstrip(f): 11:57pm On May 11, 2011
Try peroxide before you brush. You might need to dilute it. If you are in Nigeria I cannot say do the same because Iam not sure of regulations of over the counter peroxide. dilute some peroxide in water and soak a cotton ball in it. Wipe the babies mouth thoroughly. Gums, cheeks, under the lips and around inside his mouth. Have him rinse and spit and then brush his teeth as usual. If it does not help then maybe you need to take him to a doctor. Try this first. I can't imagine why it will not work
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by blacklion(m): 12:44am On May 12, 2011
No one is suggesting the baby be made to drink salt water. The suggestion is adding a little salt to the water with which the baby's mouth is cleaned, period.

The OP has clearly failed in her attempt to hustle her book or website; the thread has gone beyond her to a discussion on how to address or treat bad breath among babies.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by redcliff: 1:15am On May 12, 2011
Oral yeast infection is very common amongst little children.especially the ones of that age and below. And one of the symptoms of such infection is bad breath. Hw to know this is open ur childs mouth and see if the tongue is so white, if it is then there should be traces of that. Treat the infection and it shud stop.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Nobody: 3:50am On May 12, 2011
Poster, have you ever drank milk and after a while your breath begins to smell?

It's the milk.

After bosom or bottle feeding your baby, wet a cutton ball and use it to clean your baby's mouth. After any meal, clean his/her mouth.

It's nothing new, babies also spell.

Ohhh this is a 2 years old baby. . . .brush his teeth.

Outstrip:

Try peroxide before you brush. You might need to dilute it. If you are in Nigeria I cannot say do the same because Iam not sure of regulations of over the counter peroxide. dilute some peroxide in water and soak a cotton ball in it. Wipe the babies mouth thoroughly. Gums, cheeks, under the lips and around inside his mouth. Have him rinse and spit and then brush his teeth as usual. If it does not help then maybe you need to take him to a doctor. Try this first. I can't imagine why it will not work

You've got to be very careful with that peroxide.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Jiah011(f): 5:55am On May 12, 2011
@ OP Bad breath in children could also come from sinusitis or pharyngitis (throat infection). Has your baby has been sick with some kind of cough or cold, particularly with stuffy and runny nose, recently? That could be the cause.

The following link may be of help to you: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/kids-bad-breath .

Taking the baby for a full medical check up would be a good idea. The doctor could check the baby's nose, throat, and mouth to see what the issue is. I hope everything turns out fine.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Nobody: 6:24am On May 12, 2011
blacklion:

No one is suggesting the baby be made to drink salt water. The suggestion is adding a little salt to the water with which the baby's mouth is cleaned, period.
The OP has clearly failed in her attempt to hustle her book or website; the thread has gone beyond her to a discussion on how to address or treat bad breath among babies.

And I said babies will swallow most of what you clean their teeth with, salt included. Salt should not be introduced into a baby's mouth or diet.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by blacklion(m): 7:26am On May 12, 2011
Siena:

And I said babies will swallow most of what you clean their teeth with, salt included. Salt should not be introduced into a baby's mouth or diet.

And I'm saying not only am I still alive but my nephews, nieces and cousins all of whom had a little salt in our tooth-brushing water from infancy are also all still alivesmiley

Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by tblacker(m): 8:33am On May 12, 2011
Informative topic,childish approach. As a matter of fact,it suggests to me that the poster has no brain at all mtchiew angry , sell market if you want to do so or bring the the topic up and don't try to fool people that it happened to you!

No more comment joor.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by gixxer: 10:17am On May 12, 2011
You have to use a tongue cleaner, the bad breath will go away.
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by gixxer: 10:33am On May 12, 2011
YOU JUST WANTED TO ADVERTISE YOUR WEBSITE! cry HOW CHEAP sad shocked tongue
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by dani1luv: 12:04pm On May 12, 2011
hmmmmmmmmnn
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by Cuteobi(f): 1:46pm On May 12, 2011
see a dentist or pediatric doc asap!!!!!!!
Re: Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! by samtoye(m): 2:12pm On May 12, 2011
You should all give it a rest abeg!no more advise; she is only advertising!!!!!!or didnt you visit her site?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Smokers Are Liable To Die / Get Your Business Logo & Graphics Design Here / How To Use Black Seed/oil (dosage)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.