Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) (52205 Views)

The 3-in-1 Flyover In Kano State Is Completed And Getting Ready For Commission / Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria / The Agege-pen Cinema Bridge/flyover In Lagos Is Ready (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
Brimstone77:
That's beautiful..

Hope every state can do this..

Is this really necessary? Reminds me of the flyovers in Abeokuta that hardly ever get any cars driving on them.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by ComeToJesus: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2021
Some Governors (especially of the PDP) are creating impacts in their state while one certified incompetent Abuja dweller is advertising his incompetence with 18th century locomotive engines.

Wike has been commissioning projects consecutively for the past two weeks.

This anathema of a leader will soon become history.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Glamouzpeter(f): 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2021
Oron Road also need one
Before u get to plaza from small junction hmmm

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Aguogba(m): 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2021
The kind of things we celebrate in sub-saharan Africa is beyond appalling.

In developed countries, projects are springing up in every nook and cranny of the cities that you'll be stupid to say you want to commission any of them except that is what u wanna do every week. Please my brother's and sisters living in Europe, Australia, US and Canada, have u ever seen anywhere they printed banners and tied ribbons on any road, bridge or flyover and cause roadblocks just to commission them? SHM

Unfortunately, our politicians see projects as favour that they do to the citizens and sadly, my people have accepted it that way. Wake up people it's "our money" and it is the duty of the offices they occupy.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by realstars: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2021
lexy2014:

Good to go where?
For Any Good Position Given To Him As A Leader.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Obarofrederick(m): 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2021
etibaba:
Even goat no stubborn reach like this, over three people have corrected you yet u dey act like u carry tape rule measure the Kano flyover.
Hahahaha you just wan quench the guy? Pity the guy nau
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by lexy2014: 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2021
realstars:
For Any Good Position Given To Him As A Leader.

Which one is "good position"?

What makes him a leader? Is he a good leader?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by mmsen: 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
Oxb90:
This is the kind of story that Nigerians are supposed to be reading and hearing every day, not cows and bandits. Rivers and Akwa Ibom states are enjoying the dividends of democracy unlike their neighboring states of Imo and Abia states who are blessed with the worst states governors since 1999.

I refuse to believe that any governor is worse than Ayade.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Masterchef(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2021
theophilusj31:
Udom, sanwo olu,umahi to an extent the only working in Nigeria.....worse governor yahaya Bello
Shame on delta and bayelsa state leaders past and present,with the massive allocation,they should be among the best in Naija,but their leaders day put their money for pocket

God bless akwa-ibom and rivers state,hope the Bayelsa and delta curse don't fall on them

I guess you meant to say Udom and Ambode. You also intentionally left out Zulum and even Gandollar. By the way, the issues with these projects are their inflated costs. As we all know, these governors are only concerned about raking in their billions on such projects.

Meanwhile, in a country where the minimum wage is N30k, you don't just spend say, N10b on one flyover at the expense of free education, free healthcare, mass housing for low income earners, investments in employment generating ventures such as agriculture, animal husbandry & assembly plants etc.

The same Akwa Ibom where Udom comes from has ALSCON. Under normal circumstances, this governor shouldn't sleep until Zaddy Buhari makes that company work and it starts generating employment opportunities for the people of Akwa Ibom and beyond.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by mechanics(m): 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
Wow, this is real development.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by traihit: 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hunchogee:

Really which state is that

I'm not mentioning the state but I assure you it's one of those states with high internal IGRs.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Sammy07: 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
omoharry:
Try and read well.The op said South South and not the whole of Nigeria.If not Third mainland bridge long pass this one na!!
The OP initially said Nigeria, it was Edited.

Check the comments
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Sammy07: 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
traihit:

I'm not mentioning the state but I assure you it's one of those states with high internal IGRs.

Either Kano or Ogun state grin
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by etibaba(m): 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2021
Obarofrederick:
Hahahaha you just wan quench the guy? Pity the guy nau
lol.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Oju4190: 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2021
wike come and see flyover.......nor b d cartoon u build and nor dey let us hear word again

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by vioment: 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
This is not a world class bridge. No space for side ramp, so that when a car breaks down, it can be pushed to the side to avoid hold up. I also don't see a drainage.

If you do something like this that will last over 10 or 20 years, try do the basics well.

Regardless of the short coming, May God continue to bless the great state of Akwa ibom. My great ayaya people. Much love.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Splashme: 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2021
Great

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
Akwa Ibom is thinking development... No time for destruction and dirty politicking

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Dynamicparamedi(m): 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2021
A fly over... after 4years you are coming here to hype...��
One project in six years...wise up bro
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2021
theophilusj31:
Udom, sanwo olu,umahi to an extent the only working in Nigeria.....worse governor yahaya Bello
Shame on delta and bayelsa state leaders past and present,with the massive allocation,they should be among the best in Naija,but their leaders day put their money for pocket

God bless akwa-ibom and rivers state,hope the Bayelsa and delta curse don't fall on them
Wike is working
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2021
theenchanter:
it's not every state that need flyovers.

Some states need to invest in education, some agriculture, some human development.... Every state should invest in their area of priority, flyover is not a threshold for development.
your head they there. North= Agriculture+education
West=industrialization+education
East=Education and business
South= they ghat oil.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2021
I need to leave this country
Honestly I don't know what to do
Just lost my job and have only 200,000 naira to my name...I don't know how pple seat at home
Any suggestions Fam?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by KayCee92(m): 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2021
PillarToPost:
Akwa Ibom is beautiful. God bless my state although the state no do me well.

Lol, change Ur name fess then come back grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Alaganature(m): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2021
VEXT:

Your papa get car?

My papa no get car but am proud to tell you that I have a car @ 28
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by traihit: 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2021
Sammy07:

Either Kano or Ogun state grin

grin grin
You may not be far from the truth...

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by GuyfawkesAB(m): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
Will this bridge stop Akwa Ibom State from being the headquarters of juvenile cultism? Or reduce the very high unemployment bedeviling the state or the Uber poor educational score of the state. Udom head no correct

Hunchogee:
Ikot Oku Ikono flyover in Akwa Ibom State; the masterpiece will be commissioned next week, Friday, July 16, 2021, by Noon. Good job.
Been the longest in Nigeria is set to replace the Good luck Ebere flyover at Uyo which was the title holder ...

Ibom people ayaya..

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by wiseone28: 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hunchogee:
But it's built by Julius Berger na
Hmmm ok nfana ibaha grin
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by wizi4tyn: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2021
theophilusj31:

Where is Nyesom Wike?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Hunchogee: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2021
princejones:
This guys can lie, artillery flyover in port Harcourt is longer than this
Shutup with artillery? Goodluck ebere flyover long past that shit in PH
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Hunchogee: 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2021
Alaganature:
How many people get Car for Akwa ibom? Well nice one from the Governor of the state
You be Wimb.. zombie
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Hunchogee: 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2021
RobsonsTARz:
Wike go soon go do him own o...
grin
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) by Hunchogee: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2021
Yus2020:
Udom and Gang should keep looting Akwa ibom shame go and see what Gov.Wike of Rivers is doing while others commission flyover every week is one small flyover with poor standard of job take the biggest mouth Governor 3yrs.
The useless commission of information will come here to fool those who don't know what the big mouth Governor is doing with Akwa ibom state resources.
Shame shame shame
Senseless peacock

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Undergraduates Die As Benz Runs Under Stationary Truck In Delta / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture / Pictures Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.