Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

How To Use The Infrared On Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use The Infrared On Phone. (6392 Views)

Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports / Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site / Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Use The Infrared On Phone. by U1(m): 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2007
Can anyone here pls tell me how to use the infrared rays on mobiles to send and receive pix et al?
Re: How To Use The Infrared On Phone. by DisGuy: 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2007
i swear infra reds are just fake add-on, they never work! just use bluetooth easier faster wink
Re: How To Use The Infrared On Phone. by nazzyon(m): 3:34am On Jul 17, 2007
Not every phone has a bluetooth or have you forgotten that.

Tranfer of picture with Infrared

Activate/On Infrared on either of phones will take/receive the picture

Place the Infrared slot of the phone opposite each other. It needs to align.

* Go to your picture

* Select "more"

* Select "send"

* Select Infrared

* You will be notified on the phone to receive of an incoming file "Accept". select yes

And the transfer will be in progress.
Dis Guy:

i swear infra reds are just fake add-on, they never work! just use bluetooth easier faster wink

They are not fake addons, they serve numerous purpose.

Note: Infrared in some phones are only compatible with few phones and not all e.g Almost every who uses Nokia 6610i complains about its Infrared, that is because it selects which phone to work with and you can use it to Synchronise you Contacts, Calendar, but people do not know this.

Works well if you want to use your GSM phone for faxing.

Do you know that some smartphones with Infrared can be used as Remote control for some home electricals appliances (TV, Digital Music play and on)? Because this devices are equiped with Infrared and they are usually controlled with remote controls that has an Infrared.

Before you can do this you need a Third party softwares (I have done this). To try it go to http://www.softpedia.com

Bluetooth is useless in this area. Though there are devices that bluetooth can control e.g High Tech cars, though they don't talk about it much.

Most computers will require a USB adaptor to communicate with a phone via Infrared. In the past Laptops come with Infrared but very few computers have them now. I still have a Compaq Armada 1590DMT and it is still in use.

You can use it to connect a laptop to internet

Its disadvantages are just that it cannot cover a long range unlike Bluetooth, and it is slow compared to Bluettoth. Aside from that it is good and if there is no cable and no bluetooth you still have an option.

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Kills Man As Generator Explodes While Call Comes In / What Is A Blackberry Without BBM? / I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.