Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants (49667 Views)

Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) / 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada / Canada Counters Dele Momodu's Statement That They Need Nigerian Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Mindlog: 10:07am On Jul 10, 2021
It should be between the Uk and US.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by jydeskill1(m): 10:07am On Jul 10, 2021
It's Ghana
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by bigdammyj: 10:08am On Jul 10, 2021
Noted
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by seunny4lif(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2021
Hazardd:
bro, wanna speak with you directly.. pls reply ur dm
Ok
Hope no problem
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by skallion7(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:
Benchmark it against the 800,000 to 1,000,000 (million) in South Africa.
Liar, Nigerians are more in Cameroon than SA

5 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 10, 2021
It has to be the UK

Getting into the UK has been easier Nigerians

Plus guy you did find Nigerian names everywhere in the UK
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by wandeay: 10:08am On Jul 10, 2021
It should be USA, they have really multiplied over the years, then UK.

7 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Sluacoast(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2021
It's USA for sure. There is a high wave of Nigerians residing there. That should be around 1M Nigerians or more.

5 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2021
grin
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by GeneralPula: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Can u not read? I clearly said those figures were provided by Nigerians themselves in SA.

South Africa does have the economy to support 1M+ immigrants, infact the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) estimates there are over 1.5 M Zimbabweans in SA.

SA per capita income is over $12,000 while Nigeria's is under $5,000, so why wouldn't there be 800K Nigerians in SA?

Nigerians are plenty in SA but 800k is too much..

I’m sure they won’t be more than 300-400k

3 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Realtalk20: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:
Are you talking of documented or undocumented immigrants?
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Lordofalmajiri(f): 10:10am On Jul 10, 2021
Italy , Dubai , Ghana

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Hazardd(m): 10:12am On Jul 10, 2021
seunny4lif:

Ok
Hope no problem
no bro.. smiles
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Sluacoast(m): 10:12am On Jul 10, 2021
NengiWIDEtoto:
The zoo has the highest
Not on that. He's talking about Nigerians living in diaspora

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Okeyc230: 10:13am On Jul 10, 2021
Cameroun highest. Gabon may follow
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by abeggnow: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2021
UnFashionIsta:
I don't really believe that there are that many Nigerians in SA. Those headlines you posted seem to suggest that the claim that there are up to 800,000 Nigerians in SA is false and unverified. I think foreign countries with the most Nigerians, due to historical immigration levels, are the US and the UK with Canada a distant third. After those countries we can talk about Germany, Italy, SA, Benin, Ghana and the UAE in that order.
there are more Nigerians in Ghana than SA

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by zeyt: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2021
Most expatriate are busy tarnishing the image of Nigeria with their criminal way of life.

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by iamtardey: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2021
You see that UK... 9ja PCs for dia... grin .

One thing about them is they'all wanna come back home...but.

Naija no good.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by MolarT(m): 10:16am On Jul 10, 2021
Blurpy:
I have been wondering which country has the most Nigerian Immigrants. I know there are sizeable amount of Nigerians in the UK, USA, South Africa, Ghana, Dubai, China, Italy, France, Turkey, Benin, Cameroon , virtually on every country grin

For me I'll say UK, my assumptions are drawn from the foreign based end-sars protests, the numbers I saw during the protests, followed by USA then maybe South Africa.
What are your thoughts?

Because u can't protest or demonstrate in Dubai (UAE)... BROS NO REASON AM OO..

NAIJA YAKPA FOR UAE OOOO
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by TMKsouth: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2021
Realtalk20:

Are you talking of documented or undocumented immigrants?

I think both. Those stats were given by the Nigerian Union in SA based on ID membership cards they handed out.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Realtalk20: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

I think both. Those stats were given by the Nigerian Union in SA based on ID membership cards they handed out.

You are very wrong

The reason they'd are ed undocumented is obvious isn't it?

They are not in the system hence no way of knowing the through number of them.

I don't know why Nigerians like talking about what they don't know about
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

I knew this guy will show up grin

9 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by 9jaRealist: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:
The number was issued by the Union of Nigerians in South Africa based on ID cards they issue to their members.

I agree it's contested numbers but they came from the horse's mouth (Nigerians), and not South Africans.

It’s a number pulled out of someone’s arse…
Whether it’s a Nigerian or South African arse is substantively IRRELEVANT!

>

8 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

The number was issued by the Union of Nigerians in South Africa based on ID cards they issue to their members.

I agree it's contested numbers but they came from the horse's mouth (Nigerians), and not South Africans.

When are Nigerians known to be accurate with anything, this post reeks of xenophobia.seems to me you were having a discussion with your mates and just want to prove a point,why else will anyone be interested how many Nigerians are roaming the earth this early morning.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by upper(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2021
V
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by TMKsouth: 10:27am On Jul 10, 2021
justscorchone:

When are Nigerians known to be accurate with anything, this post reeks of xenophobia.seems to me you were having a discussion with your mates and just want to prove a point,why else will anyone be interested how many Nigerians are roaming the earth this early morning.

Ask Blurpy, the OP.

Anyway, mentioning inaccuracy, these are the same Nigerians that exxagarate xenophobia in SA and downplay Nigerian crimes.

3 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by izubext007: 10:28am On Jul 10, 2021
I u want to travell, travell to were Nigerians are not much. I knw why.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by babaowambe: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2021
iteland is no 1
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by ghettochild(m): 10:34am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

I think the number is more than a million cos I n most of my friends dont have such IDs n haven't joined the association officially.

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by sultry69(m): 10:35am On Jul 10, 2021
Realtalk20:

You are very wrong

The reason they'd are ed undocumented is obvious isn't it?

They are not in the system hence no way of knowing the through number of them.

I don't know why Nigerians like talking about what they don't know about
That TMsouth is a South African,but you might be right on your assumption.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Can u not read? I clearly said those figures were provided by Nigerians themselves in SA.

South Africa does have the economy to support 1M+ immigrants, infact the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) estimates there are over 1.5 M Zimbabweans in SA.

SA per capita income is over $12,000 while Nigeria's is under $5,000, so why wouldn't there be 800K Nigerians in SA?
My opinion on lack of quantitative reasoning in africans extends to Nigerians also.
When did the so called Nigerians conduct an census of their population and with what resources and authority did they do that?
Of course Nigerians in SA would even claim that there are 10M Nigerians in SA to give themselves status as “stakeholders” in the country.
It’s Nigerian politics; we are so big on population size. We attach so much importance to it.
Like I said, the last “official” estimate on the Nigerian population in SA dates as far back as 2014 and that put the figure at roughly 30k.
Every other thing is propaganda and bullshit.
Forget your per capita GDP, we’re not comparing living conditions in SA and Nigeria. Everyone knows that Nigeria is a shithole.
But how does your per capita income measure with that of US that has just 500k Nigerians?
South Africans are known for quoting bullshit, illogical and unverifiable statistics on immigrant population just make their country look important.
Your own figures are even manageable
Some have told me that SA has 6M zims and 3M Nigerians. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Passengers, Azman Air Officials Exchange Blows Over Cancelled Flight / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary / Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.