Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants (49706 Views)

Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) / 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada / Canada Counters Dele Momodu's Statement That They Need Nigerian Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by TMKsouth: 11:08am On Jul 10, 2021
Memberclub:
There's no such organisation

But you're always quoting them on TV when they overestimate xenophobia.

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Isobug: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2021
seunny4lif:

Nigerians in UK can’t be more than 500K unlike USA that has around 2M Nigerians.
Am talking about legal and illegal Nigerians oooh,
I remember in 2017, in the N24 news, Nigerians were in top 10 highest in Germany for Aduro matter, around 35K Nigerians.
Benin Rep, Ghana, Niger Rep, CIV and Cameroon are the highest maybe around 3M each.
Benin Rep and Cameroon are still Nigeria to some people grin cheesy
USA 1.5M
UK 500K
Canada 100K
Ireland 20K
Italy 200K
Germany 100K

You seem the only one with the correct info..... Cameroon should be the highest

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2021
UnFashionIsta:
I don't really believe that there are that many Nigerians in SA. Those headlines you posted seem to suggest that the claim that there are up to 800,000 Nigerians in SA is false and unverified. I think foreign countries with the most Nigerians, due to historical immigration levels, are the US and the UK with Canada a distant third. After those countries we can talk about Germany, Italy, SA, Benin, Ghana and the UAE in that order.
please remove uae from the list The country is unfriendly to the kind of lifestyle Nigerians live in Diaspora, believe it Nigerian are not much in uae... few Nigerians u are seeing in uae are temporary, only came to make capital and find somewhere to immigrate... country u only depends on monthly salary to survive is that one a country

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by seunny4lif(m): 11:15am On Jul 10, 2021
Isobug:

You seem the only one with the correct info..... Cameroon should be the highest
There are more Nigerians in west Africa than anywhere.
Nigerians in Libya, many pass those in Ondo town self cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Probz(m): 11:18am On Jul 10, 2021
England’s an extension of Nigeria and it’s the most suitable place for abroad Nigerians (followed by America).
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by TMKsouth: 11:21am On Jul 10, 2021
Uchasa:

You South Africans are very preposterous, Ghana houses the highest number of Nigerian immigrants in Africa seconded by Cameroon before you can even talk of South Africa. In general, USA houses the most Nigerian immigrants in the world,seconded by UK, then Germany, Canada,China,and Italy in that order

Where did I say SA houses the most number of Nigerian refugees - therefore making me "preposterous"? shocked I said benchmark against that number - provided by a Nigerian organisation, mind u.

I'm not the one who caused your refugee exodus crisis, so chill with the attack. Direct it where it belongs.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Probz(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2021
seunny4lif:

Nigerians in UK can’t be more than 500K unlike USA that has around 2M Nigerians.
Am talking about legal and illegal Nigerians oooh,
I remember in 2017, in the N24 news, Nigerians were in top 10 highest in Germany for Aduro matter, around 35K Nigerians.
Benin Rep, Ghana, Niger Rep, CIV and Cameroon are the highest maybe around 3M each.
Benin Rep and Cameroon are still Nigeria to some people grin cheesy
USA 1.5M
UK 500K
Canada 100K
Ireland 20K
Italy 200K
Germany 100K

I think the difference is that there’s a more concentrated amount Nigerians in the U.K. relative to the US considering the latter’s huge population. 1.5 million in a country with up to 400 million doesn’t say as much as the similar amount (and it must be similar) for a country with 60 million. Plus there’s a much more established Nigerian identity in the U.K. than there is anywhere else in the world outside Nigeria (in as much as America’s obviously better for making it). American Nigerians are really corny.

3 Likes

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Probz(m): 11:23am On Jul 10, 2021
Afam4eva:

It's not the UK. The reason it seems like the UK is because it's a small country and most Nigerians there live in London and when there's a Nigerian thing happening in London, they all come out. I think there are more Nigerians in the US but are spread out in the 4th largest country in the world.

I'll say the US then followed by the UK. I also have a strong feeling that there are a lot of Nigerians in Cameroon but because i'll eyes are not really in that country, we won't know. It's very common to see Nigerian everyday in Cameroon.

I bet you didn’t know that the Igbo community in Liverpool is the oldest said community in the diaspora (1935 start) and that there are a very large number of Nigerians in all major U.K. cities. The London thing is just a myth spread by Nigerians who see the U.K. in simplistic terms.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2021
[s]
TMKsouth:
Benchmark it against the 800,000 to 1,000,000 (million) in South Africa.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

You're the one who's confused. Clearly I should spell out things for u to keep up.

You said if Nigerians were 1M+ they should ask for voting rights. I replied they are on track to that coz they are already asking for name changes if major SA towns.
That comment wasn’t mine.
It’s just the way you’ve been jumping from one point to another when your original claim stands to be substantiated.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by niyidenrele: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2021
I once read a piece in one of Nigerian dailies, Nigeria Guiduan to be specific around 2000/03 ,
It was an interview granted by president of Nigerian immigrants in US , an Ibo man , forgotten his name ,

Then it was Bill Clinton who happens to be US president , and that time he came to Nigeria to visit our then former president, OBJ , be was like US is second home to Nigerian, and he said that by his record, about 70,000 Nigerian are living in US
But while this man was granting interview to Nigeria Guiduan newspaper
He said by his own record
He has up to 1,5 million Nigerian living in US
Imagine the gap
So stop depending on data gotten from the internet to substantiate your claim
Only If you are talking about legal migrants
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Iceyjayzz(m): 11:28am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]Can u not read? I clearly said those figures were provided by Nigerians themselves in SA.

South Africa does have the economy to support 1M+ immigrants, infact the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) estimates there are over 1.5 M Zimbabweans in SA.

SA per capita income is over $12,000 while Nigeria's is under $5,000, so why wouldn't there be 800K Nigerians in SA?[/s]
So you still believe your lies? there's no way on earth that NIGERIAN in South Africa will be up to 800k, that's a big fat lie.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Iceyjayzz(m): 11:30am On Jul 10, 2021
GeneralPula:

Nigerians are plenty in SA but 800k is too much..

I’m sure they won’t be more than 300-400k
Nigerians aren't up to 100,000 there

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by FlappaNozzle: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2021
There are more nigerians in the state of Texas than there are in the UK as a whole. Most people forget UK isnt immigration friendly, Nigerians tend to leave the the UK after a while.

There are more nigerians in the US than in any other country in terms of immigration.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Kayharry(m): 11:32am On Jul 10, 2021
Nigerians are immigrants in thier home soil.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by TMKsouth: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2021
Rgade:

That comment wasn’t mine.
It’s just the way you’ve been jumping from one point to another when your original claim stands to be substantiated.

I didn't make up that claim of 800K. Take it up with your people.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by SmartyPants(m): 11:32am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Can u not read? I clearly said those figures were provided by Nigerians themselves in SA.

South Africa does have the economy to support 1M+ immigrants, infact the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) estimates there are over 1.5 M Zimbabweans in SA.

SA per capita income is over $12,000 while Nigeria's is under $5,000, so why wouldn't there be 800K Nigerians in SA?

Zimbabwe appears twice with different figures?
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by seunny4lif(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2021
The matter dey hard
Probz:

I think the difference is that there’s a more concentrated amount Nigerians in the U.K. relative to the US considering the latter’s huge population. 1.5 million in a country with up to 400 million doesn’t say as much as the similar amount (and it must be similar) for a country with 60 million. Plus there’s a much more established Nigerian identity in the U.K. than there is anywhere else in the world outside Nigeria (in as much as America’s obviously better for making it). American Nigerians are really corny.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by TMKsouth: 11:36am On Jul 10, 2021
Rgade:

My opinion on lack of quantitative reasoning in africans extends to Nigerians also.
When did the so called Nigerians conduct an census of their population and with what resources and authority did they do that?
Of course Nigerians in SA would even claim that there are 10M Nigerians in SA to give themselves status as “stakeholders” in the country.
It’s Nigerian politics; we are so big on population size. We attach so much importance to it.
Like I said, the last “official” estimate on the Nigerian population in SA dates as far back as 2014 and that put the figure at roughly 30k.
Every other thing is propaganda and bullshit.
Forget your per capita GDP, we’re not comparing living conditions in SA and Nigeria. Everyone knows that Nigeria is a shithole.
But how does your per capita income measure with that of US that has just 500k Nigerians?
South Africans are known for quoting bullshit, illogical and unverifiable statistics on immigrant population just make their country look important.
Your own figures are even manageable
Some have told me that SA has 6M zims and 3M Nigerians. grin

I'm glad u finally admitted Nigerians in SA are playing politics with the numbers - the same way we as South Africans always argue that they overstate xenophobic attacks on Nigerians (it's all a political game for them).

You're the ones making us feel important about ourselves - u should stop refugee-ing in SA (6000km away in your hundreds of thousands).
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Iceyjayzz(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2021
Rgade:

Wena you are quite confused. You’ve been shifting goalpost and jumping from one argument to another without having said anything to support your ridiculous initial claim.
Before it was per capita income, now you’ve switched to how emboldened they are.
You have issues.
TMKSOUTH is a failure, leave the xenophobic coon. he has nothing upstairs. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by dele1727: 11:38am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Can u not read? I clearly said those figures were provided by Nigerians themselves in SA.

SA per capita income is over $12,000 while Nigeria's is under $5,000, so why wouldn't there be 800K Nigerians in SA?

What did your IOM say about Nigerians in South Africa?

Abi no statistics for this set of people

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Amalekki: 11:39am On Jul 10, 2021
Blurpy:
I have been wondering which country has the most Nigerian Immigrants. I know there are sizeable amount of Nigerians in the UK, USA, South Africa, Ghana, Dubai, China, Italy, France, Turkey, Benin, Cameroon , virtually on every country grin

For me I'll say UK, my assumptions are drawn from the foreign based end-sars protests, the numbers I saw during the protests, followed by USA then maybe South Africa.
What are your thoughts?
End SARS protest is your criteria? grin
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Probz(m): 11:40am On Jul 10, 2021
seunny4lif:
The matter dey hard

Like I said British-Nigerian people (the full-fledged adults and the youth/millennials) are the black face of the U.K. and that’s non-negotioable. America might be a greater country in general but the UK’s the one really. And not just London.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Iceyjayzz(m): 11:41am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

I didn't make up that claim of 800K. Take it up with your people.
But you believed the nonsense and posted it here, shame on you, xenophobic coon. cheesy
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by seunny4lif(m): 11:42am On Jul 10, 2021
Probz:

Like I said British-Nigerian people (the full-fledged adults and the youth/millennials) are the black face of the U.K. and that’s non-negotioable. America might be a greater country in general but the UK’s the one really. And not just London.
But you can’t really say all those black have Nigeria root because Ghana has large population
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Limassol(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2021
Afam4eva:

It's not the UK. The reason it seems like the UK is because it's a small country and most Nigerians there live in London and when there's a Nigerian thing happening in London, they all come out. I think there are more Nigerians in the US but are spread out in the 4th largest country in the world.

I'll say the US then followed by the UK. I also have a strong feeling that there are a lot of Nigerians in Cameroon but because i'll eyes are not really in that country, we won't know. It's very common to see Nigerian everyday in Cameroon.
Do you live in cameroon? I just learned through a quick google search that cameroon is among the countries with the highest Nigerian remitances, quite startling to be honest.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Probz(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2021
There’s a whole myriad of places in the U.K. to explore outside bloody London but unfortunately most Nigerian-Nigerian people are too myopic and ignorant to see it. Never mind.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Probz(m): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2021
seunny4lif:

But you can’t really say all those black have Nigeria root because Ghana has large population

What the hell are you talking about? Are Nigerians in the U.K. not cut from the same cloth as home-based ones? How can their roots be denied?
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by Probz(m): 11:49am On Jul 10, 2021
At the end of the day the Nigerian community in the U.K. is far more established than the corresponding ones elsewhere in the world so yeah. Igbos in Liverpool and London perfected the art of making better jollof rice and moi-moi in the 1970s when home-based easterners were still doing yellow concoction pastes until the mid.-80s.
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by nengibo: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

So are Zimbabweans a minority tribe now and should be granted voting rights?

Anyway, Nigerians are already calling for name changes of SA towns - that's how emboldened they are.
'Media reports' as source in a media report, have they actually renamed anyplace, if Nigerians want to rename anyplace it wont even be in English

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by seunny4lif(m): 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Probz:

What the hell are you talking about? Are Nigerians in the U.K. not cut from the same cloth as home-based ones? How can their roots be denied?
Don’t get it worry
We know that out of 5 blacks in UK
2 out of it has a Nigeria root so also is Ghana cheesy
Make una no get claim all black now haba cheesy
Leave some for the rest Africans to claim grin grin
Re: Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants by seunny4lif(m): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
grin grin
Na Jollof rice you wan you start war for here oooh grin grin
Yoruba started Jollof in UK and Nigeria cheesy
Probz:
At the end of the day the Nigerian community in the U.K. is far more established than the corresponding ones elsewhere in the world so yeah. Igbos in Liverpool and London perfected the art of making better jollof rice and moi-moi in the 1970s when home-based easterners were still doing anyhow concoction pastes until the mid.-80s.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries / The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / Suez Canal: 'Beached Whale' Ship Gets Stuck. Dislodging Could Take Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.