Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden (28997 Views)

What's It Like Studying In Brazil? How Was The Visa Experience From Nigeria? / Adventure In Ireland / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by OSDD(m): 8:43am On Jul 10, 2021
Meedon:
You better stay in Nigeria. What are you looking for in Sweden, that is not in Nigeria.
FFS you don take your medicine?

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by HBB1(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2021
Their women are very beautiful!

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Raph82(m): 8:45am On Jul 10, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
But still far ahead of NIGERIA
Bro, u don't get what he's trying to say. He means Sweden is one of the few countries in the world where the difference between the rich and the poor is not much in terms of economic life. Unlike the case of Nigeria where u have less than 5% of the population in extreme wealth, 30% in the middle class and around 65% in the extreme poverty class. In Sweden, it is 15% in the extreme wealth class, 75% in the middle class and around 10% in the poverty class. U get the analogy?

13 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 10, 2021
Kandeed:

It's not as peaceful as New Zealand
you are right sir... I've also read good things about New Zealand.... There was a time their finance minister reduced workdays to 4 times a week so that people can spend more time with their families.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by BigDawsNet: 8:48am On Jul 10, 2021
hybridblood07:
What are the chances of surviving there and is it possible to make £4k a month.

All those gentle EU countries comes with High cost of living... Tax is triple compare to the US.. anyway that's what make the countries wonderful to visit and charming..

Making 4k and above is pretty possible
But you have to earn a degree with lots of certification in your field...and prepare to contest with lots of EU Citizens...

I have a guy in Germany that makes €10k before tax... He study in German and his consider as an expert with lots of skills...

6 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by iLegendd(m): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2021
I didn't watch the video, but saw some people eating. My prayer is for you not to finish your money and start venturing into crime (as usual) to keep up. All the best.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Generalwoodz(m): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2021
NamelessOGBENI:
Countries on my bucket list

Finland
Canada
Sweden
Countries on your kettle and pot list nko ?
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by dongc(m): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

Thanks Sir, I love the sustainable energy programs in both schools, especially that of KTH in collaboration with inno Energy.

Programs like this will equip me with required knowledge and skill sets to solve energy related problems in Africa in the nearest future.

I applied to the program at Inno energy already, I hope to get a scholarship to provide me with funding.

I didn't graduate with a first class, but I am very well above 4points. I already have publication in energy related fields, and I'm working very hard to improve my profile.

All the best and I hope everything works out well for you...studied masters at blekinge university and another at Växjö now called linneaus university ...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by biosystech: 8:54am On Jul 10, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

Thanks Sir, I love the sustainable energy programs in both schools, especially that of KTH in collaboration with inno Energy.

Programs like this will equip me with required knowledge and skill sets to solve energy related problems in Africa in the nearest future.

I applied to the program at Inno energy already, I hope to get a scholarship to provide me with funding.

I didn't graduate with a first class, but I am very well above 4points. I already have publication in energy related fields, and I'm working very hard to improve my profile.
I do hope you get it.

Did apply in 2018 or 2019 (can't remember) with a 2.2 and had a partial scholarship of €8500. Didn't go through with it as I could not complete it, along with proof of funds. Now, no scholarship is coming my way. If I had people to lend me to complete it, may have done that and continued.

Anyway, I really do hope you get a complete one. Good luck.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Generalwoodz(m): 8:55am On Jul 10, 2021
obumsway:
which type of rubbish is this again ?
And he's telling us to check it. Perhaps DJ Kahlid is his uncle
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Iceyjayzz(m): 8:56am On Jul 10, 2021
Raph82:
Bro, u don't get what he's trying to say. He means Sweden is one of the few countries in the world where the difference between the rich and the poor is not much in terms of economic life. Unlike the case of Nigeria where u have less than 5% of the population in extreme wealth, 30% in the middle class and around 65% in the extreme poverty class. In Sweden, it is 15% in the extreme wealth class, 75% in the middle class and around 10% in the poverty class. U get the analogy?
Alright! I understand you now, you are definitely right.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by noskcid(m): 9:03am On Jul 10, 2021
kelfree99:
Check out my Photoshop

Instead of you to stand at dj khalid’s back watching him, you are sitting on his rolls Royce
You no Dey fear damages wey you fit cause?
More wins bro.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Lordbinsmar: 9:04am On Jul 10, 2021
biosystech:
I do hope you get it.

Did apply in 2018 or 2019 (can't remember) with a 2.2 and had a partial scholarship of €8500. Didn't go through with it as I could not complete it, along with proof of funds. Now, no scholarship is coming my way. If I had people to lend me to complete it, may have done that and continued.

Anyway, I really do hope you get a complete one. Good luck.

Thanks very much Sir, best wishes in all your good endeavors.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by honcdm01(m): 9:05am On Jul 10, 2021
I have not been to Sweden before but I have red much about the country and watch documentaries.. Quote me anywhere, Sweden is one of the few countries in the world so hard to find a poor man ( citizen, white, by birth). There are more than 60 billionaires ($ not Naira o) in sweden with less than 11m people and some Nigerian patriots are comparing Sweden with Nigeria.. Go for deliverance so that the spirit of Lai Mohammed and laurtta Onochie will depart from you.

12 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by alexvic12: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2021
How did you decide the criteria for being better?

Security? Sweden is waaaaaaaay secure than Nigeria.

Education? Primary and secondary schools are free. Tertiary institutions give scholarships and tuition is affordable.

Social development? Parents and guardians are paid per child until they turn 18. Social amenities are top-quality.

Economy? One of the best in Europe.
Scientific advancement? Their scholarship schemes are bringing some of the best scientific minds to Sweden. They are growing rapidly.

Corruption index? Far lower than Nigeria's.

Tell me again, is Nigeria (in her current state) better than Sweden?

Abeg, sir, try to be happy for people.

P.S: that roasted plantain will cost more than the one we eat in Nigeria. Yet, the cost won't affect them. Higher living standard!

starbn:
Sweden is not better than Nigeria.
Some of you that run away or on a journey of no return always picture things as if our dear country is not wealthy.
See how you are eating roasted plantain and condo in a black wooden table with all the money and risk you take get there.
My brother we have world class universities here in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Lordofalmajiri(f): 9:11am On Jul 10, 2021
saphiere:
God when will I travel out?
This night
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Kandeed: 9:12am On Jul 10, 2021
Doradorwa:
you are right sir... I've also read good things about New Zealand.... There was a time their finance minister reduced workdays to 4 times a week so that people can spend more time with their families.

I'm just few months away from relocating there and the most amazing thing bout that city which interest me the most is the non existence of snake, you can't find snakes either in the vicinity or in the bush. very quiet place with good people and a scarce record of violence. but as you know in Life you really cannot have it all, it's one of the most expensive country to live in that staying up to a month or two without job would really frustrate you
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Lordbinsmar: 9:16am On Jul 10, 2021
dongc:

All the best and I hope everything works out well for you...studied masters at blekinge university and another at Växjö now called linneaus university ...

Thanks very much Sir, best wishes in all your endeavors.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Ugosample(m): 9:18am On Jul 10, 2021
Collinsaik:
Sweden no follow.. i rather stay put in nigeria and enjoy some basic freedom.
What is your definition of "freedom"?
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2021
Kandeed:

I'm just few months away from relocating there and the most amazing thing bout there that interest me the most is the non existence of snake there, you can't find snakes either in the vicinity or in the bush. very quiet place with good people with scarce record of violence but as you know in Life you really cannot have it all, it's one of the most expensive country to live in that staying up to a month or two without job would really affect you
lol.... Then I guess you have phobia for snakes... Seeing how you are emphasising the non-existent of snake at the country is very funny.

Im sure you will be okay over there... Just live within your means and you will never have issue with money... Wishing you all the luck in the world sir.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by alexvic12: 9:28am On Jul 10, 2021
Once you get there, Lala will ban you from accessing Nairaland grin grin grin grin
How can you move to a place without snakes? Lala will be incensed!

Jokes aside, can I dm you?

Kandeed:

I'm just few months away from relocating there and the most amazing thing bout that city which interest me the most is the non existence of snake, you can't find snakes either in the vicinity or in the bush. very quiet place with good people and a scarce record of violence. but as you know in Life you really cannot have it all, it's one of the most expensive country to live in that staying up to a month or two without job would really frustrate you
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by IamCookie(f): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2021
solonubinho:

And Dr. Alban. "Guess whose coming to dinner carolina"

I clap kiss. New gen boys/girls no fit sabi Dr Alban . You should be very close to 40 and above . We felt sweden and its weather thru Dr Alban's video back in Mid- 90s thereabout.

Sweden is a real deal !*

3 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2021
Op, abeg upload pictures. Enough of the talk
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Seunpaul01(m): 9:38am On Jul 10, 2021
WhiteIverson:
The only good thing to have come out of Sweden is Zlatan Ibrahimovich.

Skype and many other big industries came from Sweden.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by JIREN01: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2021
willybaby:
this are some of the things I hate seeing online, so your guy went to Sweden and now he has G wagon, if I may ask how many Swedes whose been in there own country for a long time have Gwagon, you guys make abroad glamorous instead of saying the truth, like what took your guy to Sweden, is he a professional in a high paying field or even a drug pusher who got lucky, did he prostitute over there, Nigerians please note Naija hard like wise every country.

Don't just save and japa, be wise, think well plan well
God bless you. Don't just Japa, have a reasonable plan mapped out. It just sounds ridiculous the way people portray it to be abroad. Honestly, it's "relocate and continue your struggle", but in a more rewarding way. This is more reason you see illegal immigrants hiding to evade police officers; understandably, many would rather stay behind illegally than come home because of the accompanying shame.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by phemmyfour: 9:56am On Jul 10, 2021
saphiere:
God when will I travel out?
Let me take you to Italy, that's the future
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by hybridblood07(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2021
Wow! There is a lot to be done to make that kind of money. I was asking if normal workers do make such amount a month
BigDawsNet:

All those gentle EU countries comes with High cost of living... Tax is triple compare to the US.. anyway that's what make the countries wonderful to visit and charming..

Making 4k and above is pretty possible
But you have to earn a degree with lots of certification in your field...and prepare to contest with lots of EU Citizens...

I have a guy in Germany that makes €10k before tax... He study in German and his consider as an expert with lots of skills...
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by jaxxy(m): 10:02am On Jul 10, 2021
Nice bt nothing really significant was in that video. Atleast to the part I watched.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by omobacyprus(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2021
ArticleBeast:

You don’t start with all these ur yeye story.
I tell you grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by edoairways: 10:14am On Jul 10, 2021
starbn:
Sweden is not better than Nigeria.
Some of you that run away or on a journey of no return always picture things as if our dear country is not wealthy.
See how you are eating roasted plantain and condo in a black wooden table with all the money and risk you take get there.
My brother we have world class universities here in Nigeria.
This is a confirm lie

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Iliveforever(m): 10:21am On Jul 10, 2021
Somebody should call Op to come and give us details na or is it night time in sweden?
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by ekene101: 10:22am On Jul 10, 2021
grin grin grin grin
obumsway:
which type of rubbish is this again ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa / Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East / Embassy Of Ecuador Denies Visa Free Agreement With Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.