Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden (29008 Views)

What's It Like Studying In Brazil? How Was The Visa Experience From Nigeria? / Adventure In Ireland / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Mcslize: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2021
starbn:
Sweden is not better than Nigeria.
Some of you that run away or on a journey of no return always picture things as if our dear country is not wealthy.
See how you are eating roasted plantain and condo in a black wooden table with all the money and risk you take get there.
My brother we have world class universities here in Nigeria.

Jesus is Lord! Wonder they say shall never end.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Kandeed: 10:25am On Jul 10, 2021
alexvic12:
Once you get there, Lala will ban you from accessing Nairaland grin grin grin grin
How can you move to a place without snakes? Lala will be incensed!

Jokes aside, can I dm you?

Lol grin like say me sef go even get time come Nairaland. You wanna ask bout the process? I actuallly dont got much idea bout it as i was given an invited by one NZer i got to meet on IG and after some time got dating cuz she saw im really cool to be with cool and i just gotta wait until the country opens it boarder to migrants
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by BigDawsNet: 10:26am On Jul 10, 2021
hybridblood07:
Wow! There is a lot to be done to make that kind of money. I was asking if normal workers do make such amount a month

Like a blue collar, menial kind of jobs makes around €2800 after tax

You may need two jobs to pay bills and have little to save
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Fmartins89: 10:27am On Jul 10, 2021
Good morning from my end... Please I want to ask of sweden does undergraduate programme in their universities thank you
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Mcslize: 10:29am On Jul 10, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Likewise. As early as summer 2022 when I plan on storming Europe grin

Hope it's not with your U.S passport you will use to storm Europe o sir. Kindly use your sweet world class Nigeria passport o as a die hard patriot that we know you to be.

Pls don't disappoint Nigeria.

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Kandeed: 10:29am On Jul 10, 2021
Doradorwa:
lol.... Then I guess you have phobia for snakes... Seeing how you are emphasising the non-existent of snake at the country is very funny.

Im sure you will be okay over there... Just live within your means and you will never have issue with money... Wishing you all the luck in the world sir.

Thank you so much, really appreciate ur well wishes. Plan on relocating to?
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2021
Kandeed:

Thank you so much, really appreciate ur well wishes. Plan on relocating to?
Yes, I wish to but unlike you sir I don't think I will be able to. Goodluck again sir
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Kandeed: 10:40am On Jul 10, 2021
Doradorwa:
Yes, I wish to but unlike you sir I don't think I will be able to. Goodluck again sir

its actually not my wish to relocate myself cuz if we cant just rule out insecurity Nigeria is still a good place to stay but as things are atm, one just need to cool off where ur sure of living to see the next day. Believe i'll still come back
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Mcslize: 10:47am On Jul 10, 2021
Ugosample:

What is your definition of "freedom"?

When a Nigerian says he or she enjoys freedom in Nigeria, just know that it is the lawlessness they refer to as freedom.

The disorganized way they usually do things here is what they imply by enjoying freedom.

Driving against traffic and getting involved in a hit and road accident due to not obeying traffic rules is what they called freedom.

Cutting corners and duping everyone they do business with is the freedom they implied to be enjoying.

Engaging in frivolous fracas with innocent people and causing havocs here and there without no one to question them is the freedom they are enjoying in this country.

Voting in incompetent leaders that cannot provide common basic amenities to the citizens that voted them in is the complete freedom the so called patriots are enjoying in this beautiful country filled with corrupt and dishonest people.

The list goes on. People are really enjoying and having sweet times in this country no doubt.

I pray their eyes will open soonest or later.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 10, 2021
Kandeed:

its actually not my wish to relocate myself cuz if we cant just rule out insecurity Nigeria is still a good place to stay but as things are atm, one just need to cool off where ur sure of living to see the next day. Believe i'll still come back
Of course you will come back... Home will always be home... Insecurity in Nigeria is a now a raging virus... Moving very fast among the population... spreading from one person to the other... Sometimes I always wonder what's the assurance that tomorrow is sure for me... On the 7th of this month I was harrased by policemen.. I was so scared because it was in the night.. I was just praying the man should not mistakenly shoot me.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by hybridblood07(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2021
Menial jobs someone can further skills or certification to boast income. Anyway, thanks for the info. This is what NL should be and not talking about religion tribalism
BigDawsNet:

Like a blue collar, menial kind of jobs makes around €2800 after tax

You may need two jobs to pay bills and have little to save

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by hybridblood07(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2021
In addition, most Nigerians working full-time in abroad do two jobs
hybridblood07:
Menial jobs someone can further skills or certification to boast income. Anyway, thanks for the info. This is what NL should be and not talking about religion tribalism
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 10, 2021
saphiere:
God when will I travel out?
I think u say ur husband is rich!!
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by TessBiwom(f): 11:02am On Jul 10, 2021
How did you get to study there?
Was it through scholarship?
Please are they links through which one can apply?
I anticipate your response.

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by BigDawsNet: 11:04am On Jul 10, 2021
hybridblood07:

You welcome bro wink

Excalty, Digital skills or Labourer skills like pumbler or electrian...you will make lots of money...

My colleague in Canada once call a technician to replace few bulbs in her house...the technician charge $100box... Just to change bulb oh...

She couldn't do it by herself...

So those skills are important
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2021
Futurecrypto1:
My guy that travelled to Sweden just earlier this year came back last week and this guy is loaded with money,see as babes dey gum this guy. If you see better G wagon this guy dey cruise ehn,money good o. Abeg I need comot this country o

Anyways if you want to earn money online check my signature,all you have to do is roll every hour,I got 18k this week from the site. Please you have to be consistent and patient. Registration is Free

Pls am interested..send me an email obotphilomena@gmail.com
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Calitoscassius(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
wealthy doesn't mean it would circulate
Don't mind the ignoramus, Nigeria should be a wealthy country too like UAE and Qatar but they have more poor people in the world.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by EgunMogaji2: 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mcslize:

Hope it's not with your U.S passport you will use to storm Europe o sir. Kindly use your sweet world class Nigeria passport o as a die hard patriot that we know you to be.

Pls don't disappoint Nigeria.

grin

Whatever passport that grants me the easiest passage is the one I always use.

I’ve never and will never disappoint Nigeria, my glorious fatherland.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by hybridblood07(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
Lol. She has a lot of money to give out. Do I have to learn this skills here or when I get there? Where do you reside presently?
BigDawsNet:

You welcome bro wink

Excalty, Digital skills or Labourer skills like pumbler or electrian...you will make lots of money...

My colleague in Canada once call a technician to replace few bulbs in her house...the technician charge $100box... Just to change bulb oh...

She couldn't do it by herself...

So those skills are important

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by BigDawsNet: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
hybridblood07:
Lol. She has a lot of money to give out. Do I have to learn this skills here or when I get there? Where do you reside presently?

She can afford it tho smiley
It's better you learn the skills in Nigeria before you move...it's expensive here... But if you have the money you can do it here...you will get clients from your tutor

I'm here in California

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by alexvic12: 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
Yes. I'd still dm

Kandeed:

Lol grin like say me sef go even get time come Nairaland. You wanna ask bout the process?
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
DSC7:

Na Bucket u wan use visit them?
Bucket list:

a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.

Happy weekend by the way.

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
Generalwoodz:

Countries on your kettle and pot list nko ?
Bucket list:

a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by hybridblood07(m): 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Thanks a lot. How can you help me move over there
BigDawsNet:

She can afford it tho smiley
It's better you learn the skills in Nigeria before you move...it's expensive here... But if you have the money you can do it here...you will get clients from your tutor

I'm here in California
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Hassanmaye(m): 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
9ja2sweden:
Sweden is a wonderful place to live with its kind people, excellent public services, and corporate culture that encourages people to have a good work-life balance. It is no surprise that many people decide to move to Scandinavia’s largest country to enjoy all of the things that Sweden has to offer. However, there are some important things to know before moving to Sweden – useful and helpful things, the kind of knowledge that can make any move smoother. In this thread, I will be taking you on an adventure of what it is like to study in Sweden as an international student. I will be your host on this thread. You can watch some of the Videos I recently put up on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrU_Oe7XdjA&t=1956s

CC: Lalastica and moderators
Good
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Charles2001: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
@9ja2sweden. I am interested o... Please connect a brother with Masters
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by ctex4real(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
Dr Alban was my fathers primary school classmate. You know the guy had his roots in naija
solonubinho:

And Dr. Alban. "Guess whose coming to dinner carolina"
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by BigDawsNet: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
hybridblood07:
Thanks a lot. How can you help me move over there

I really can't do much

You can apply as a student or on a visit visa for sighting...
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by DSC7: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
NamelessOGBENI:

Bucket list:

Hmmmm,,,, ur head dey ur neck bro.. grin.

Happy weekend to u.. cool..
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Karlovych: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2021
NLmopol:

He’s not even Swedish he is Serbian
Father from Bosnia and Herzegovina, mom is Croatian

2 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by hybridblood07(m): 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
Quite expensive especially student visa. I want a permanent resident visa. How possible is it?
BigDawsNet:

I really can't do much

You can apply as a student or on a visit visa for sighting...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East / Embassy Of Ecuador Denies Visa Free Agreement With Nigeria / Trailer Accident In Apapa Lagos State This Morning! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.