Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:00 PM

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden (29651 Views)

What's It Like Studying In Brazil? How Was The Visa Experience From Nigeria? / Adventure In Ireland / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Menace2Society(m): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2021
WhiteIverson:
The only good thing to have come out of Sweden is Zlatan Ibrahimovich.
What a moronic post!u must be a stark illiterate

2 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by solonubinho(m): 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
ctex4real:
Dr Alban was my fathers primary school classmate. You know the guy had his roots in naija

Yes I know he was born and brought up in Nigeria. But for all intent and purposes especially concerning his music, he is considered Swedish.

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by solonubinho(m): 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2021
IamCookie:

I clap kiss. New gen boys/girls no fit sabi Dr Alban . You should be very close to 40 and above . We felt sweden and its weather thru Dr Alban's video back in Mid- 90s thereabout.

Sweden is a real deal !*

Lmao I'm nowhere close to 40 o grin. I'm not indomie generation either. I listened to him a lot while growing up.

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by solonubinho(m): 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2021
Beancounter93:

Dr Alban is a Nigerian who happens to live in Sweden.

Ermm he became Swedish a long time ago sir. By virtue of naturalisation.

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by solonubinho(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2021
solonubinho:

And Dr. Alban. "Guess whose coming to dinner carolina"

And IKEA and Volvo.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Isusugbaghada: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
Abi the op don sleep ?

We need the details na
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by dlordy100: 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
Cool
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by BigDawsNet: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
hybridblood07:
Quite expensive especially student visa. I want a permanent resident visa. How possible is it?

Hmm.. The states don't really run PR program for Foreigners

You can apply for a work permit
The process is long and not so sure for you because a company in the US will have to prove to the Homeland security that you are the only expertise that is fit to do the job...

You need to be Language experts or probably some kind of Scientist/surgeon to get a work permit quickly

You can also invite any American citizen down to Nigeria... get married and she's gonna file for you by applying for a Spouse visa...

My advice don't marry for the purpose of gaining a green card and divorce her afterwards....it's a felony and your permit may be revoked and deported

Lastly if you have an immediate family In the US like your dad or mom who is a citizen of America...can equally file for you to visit.. since the immigrant visa is on ban...don't know if that is still effective...

Visit is you fast track...land and find a woman to marry...

If all those options are not available
Then you have to try students, visit or other type of Visa ....check the US consulate website maybe you can get any info that can help you migrate with a residential permit...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Generalwoodz(m): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
NamelessOGBENI:

Bucket list:

a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.

Happy weekend by the way.
Na cruise I dey catch grin Hope you have a blast!

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2021
obumsway:
which type of rubbish is this again ?

Must you quote me, you hungry , looking cursed bastard !!
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by hybridblood07(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
Thanks so much for the info. God bless you
BigDawsNet:

Hmm.. The states don't really run PR program for Foreigners

You can apply for a work permit
The process is long and not so sure for you because a company in the US will have to prove to the Homeland security that you are the only expertise that is fit to do the job...

You need to be Language experts or probably some kind of Scientist/surgeon to get a work permit quickly

You can also invite any American citizen down to Nigeria... get married and she's gonna file for you by applying for a Spouse visa...

My advice don't marry for the purpose of gaining a green card and divorce her afterwards....it's a felony and your permit may be revoked and deported

Lastly if you have an immediate family In the US like your dad or mom who is a citizen of America...can equally file for you to visit.. since the immigrant visa is on ban...don't know if that is still effective...

Visit is you fast track...land and find a woman to marry...

If all those options are not available
Then you have to try students, visit or other type of Visa ....check the US consulate website maybe you can get any info that can help you migrate with a residential permit...
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Sammyimpostor: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
Bros drop it na
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by BigDawsNet: 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
hybridblood07:
Thanks so much for the info. God bless you

Amen and
goodluck

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by gregyboy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
SmellySperm:
God when? E com be like everybody don japa finish or planning to japa remaining me...
I repeat, God when? Even if na Dubai I go manage

Na dubia you won manage you b thief you nor talk say make u manage codeviour first
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by fidtopade: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ride on.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by NLmopol(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
Karlovych:
Father from Bosnia and Herzegovina, mom is Croatian
Thanks I missed that, I knew is mother was Croatia
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by planetx: 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2021
Rubbish feminist Scandinavian countries where women are the one's ruling over there. You cannot pay me a million dollar to live in those useless Scandinavian countries. The men there have been turned to house husbands.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by planetx: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
starbn:
Sweden is not better than Nigeria.
Some of you that run away or on a journey of no return always picture things as if our dear country is not wealthy.
See how you are eating roasted plantain and condo in a black wooden table with all the money and risk you take get there.
My brother we have world class universities here in Nigeria.
Sweden and all the other Scandinavian countries are shitholes, depression will kill you there with their terrible weather and their feminism where women run everything over there and their men are basically emasculated.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by planetx: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
Doradorwa:
I love sweden.... Read somewhere that it's one of the peace country in the world... I will like to be there soon.
It is a big feminist shithole, you will probably love it as an African woman. Any African man that wants to live in any Scandinavian country needs to get his head examined.

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Brian47(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2021
E Don enter front page now tell us
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by naijaman2225(m): 12:04am On Jul 11, 2021
Beancounter93:

And their fantastic social welfare system

And of course ABBA
AND ROXETTE
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by TUNECHI86: 12:40am On Jul 11, 2021
I have noticed something about you here, you seem so accommodating and kind. Pls don’t change
BigDawsNet:

Amen and
goodluck
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by obumsway(m): 3:01am On Jul 11, 2021
kelfree99:

Must you quote me, you hungry , looking cursed bastard !!
see as you dry finish .... Wonder between me and you who needs help .... Rubbish
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 11, 2021
naijaman2225:

AND ROXETTE

Bless you. How could I have forgotten about Roxette!
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by BigDawsNet: 6:21am On Jul 11, 2021
TUNECHI86:
I have noticed something about you here, you seem so accommodating and kind. Pls don’t change

Thank you..That means a lot

1 Like

Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 11, 2021
obumsway:
see as you dry finish .... Wonder between me and you who needs help .... Rubbish

Me and you who dry, me wey fat I dey look for a way to less self.

See your long neck, poverty don humble you, you just carry your fustration come nairaland
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by biosystech: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2021
TessBiwom:
How did you get to study there?
Was it through scholarship?
Please are they links through which one can apply?
I anticipate your response.
Most school applications in Sweden begin in October till either January or February where ALL documents must have been uploaded on the JAMB-like portal.

Schools in Sweden are quite pricey from say N10m and above for non-EU students, hence, scholarships like si.se and ERASMUS MUNDUS.

If you want to apply for this next one, I'll advise you research what you want and the school that offers that, start gathering the documents needed and write any exams like IELTS, if necessary.

Good luck.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Beolly(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2021
biosystech:
I do hope you get it.

Did apply in 2018 or 2019 (can't remember) with a 2.2 and had a partial scholarship of €8500. Didn't go through with it as I could not complete it, along with proof of funds. Now, no scholarship is coming my way. If I had people to lend me to complete it, may have done that and continued.

Anyway, I really do hope you get a complete one. Good luck.

hello good afternoon, pleased i have Sweden in mind for masters purpose. please how i do I reach you. ajayiabiola94@gmail.com Thank you.
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

Thanks Sir, I love the sustainable energy programs in both schools, especially that of KTH in collaboration with inno Energy.

Programs like this will equip me with required knowledge and skill sets to solve energy related problems in Africa in the nearest future.

I applied to the program at Inno energy already, I hope to get a scholarship to provide me with funding.

I didn't graduate with a first class, but I am very well above 4points. I already have publication in energy related fields, and I'm working very hard to improve my profile.

Hope you have a job that will give you an added advantage!
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Beolly(m): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
BigDawsNet:

I really can't do much

You can apply as a student or on a visit visa for sighting...

hello bro I'm planning for my masters there please i need some info from you. how can I reach,
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by BigDawsNet: 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
Beolly:

hello bro I'm planning for my masters there please i need some info from you. how can I reach,

That's good

We have 100hundreds of schools here in the US

You need to find a school of your choice and look up for each school requirements

But generally, you need

International passport
Bsc transcript for masters
GMAT/IELT/SAT
Prove of funds (Funds enough to cover your first year with living/feeding expenses)
Admission letter from ur prospective School

Apply to schools get you admission letter and book for an appointment for a F1 visa

With the grace of God...you gonna get it
Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by Lordbinsmar: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ninisun:

Hope you have a job that will give you an added advantage!

Yes I do. I have done internships..

Thanks very much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Street In Canada After 6am heavy Snowfall / Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's / Man Loses His BRT Seat After Standing Up To “Gossip” In Ikorodu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.