Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park (40194 Views)

Passengers From North Disguised As "Press" Caught At Onitsha Head Bridge At 3am / Inspection Of Passengers’ Manifests At Onitsha Head-Bridge (Photos) / My Terrible Experience With #landstarexpress Motors Luxurious Bus Company. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by samwillyco1(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2021
lordally:

Omo me get street Cred O... I had to wise up make them no job me! Even in Lagos too! You gats wise up! Once you Are street smart in Lagos then you go survive anywhere!!

Once I enter into a new environment i will just stop and watch the movement of people around, and behave like them with smartness.
I was coming back from a place one night, immediately I got to Nkpor junction in the night around 9pm I had no option than to remove my shirt and change my step, so that guy's no go just chop me alive

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by lordally(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
samwillyco1:

Once I enter into a new environment i will just stop and watch the movement of people around, and behave like them with smartness.
I was coming back from place one night, immediately I got to Nkpor junction in the night around 9pm I had no option than to remove my shirt and change my step, so that guy's no go just chop me alive

Hahahahaha lwkmd

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by hedonido: 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
samwillyco1:

I was coming back from a place one night, immediately I got to Nkpor junction in the night around 9pm I had no option than to remove my shirt and change my step, so that guy's no go just chop me alive

Hehehe.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Greenerie(f): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2021
[Please sir ,do u stay in Onitsha? please reply me quickly.please

quote author=BKayy post=103561054]
They were there before Obiano and will still be there after Obiano.
We know all of them. I remember when I was too vocal about this before they called and explained a lot to me. After then I realised that the only way out was dissolution of Nigeria.
Let me tell you one secret. No agbero operates without the knowledge of police and they operate few meters from police Checkpoints. For example the one before dust bin site after Electrical Obosi is 2 meters before police Checkpoints. Most times both them and the police will be talking to the same driver at once [/quote]
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Greenerie(f): 10:12am On Jul 15, 2021
Please Sir,do you stay in Onitsha,do you know Onitsha very well?

collagiatepaper:

I am right now in Onitsha and it is cool. I can confidently tell you that motorpark touting is the same everywhere in Nigeria. Lagos and Ibadan are even worse, particularly Lagos
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by femijay8271(m): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
Uwaomaokey:
Everyone reading OPs story should know that this is very true in any event you have doubts. In the last 5yrs I've been on the road from Lagos to all Eastern states, I know how these touts operate and in my opinion from Asaba(Close to head-Bridge or from Toll-gate) to all Eastern states is infested with Hoodlums and organized criminals, it is common knowledge that they work hand in hand with security agents, this thread has brought back memories of Onitsha and Aba, there's no difference between the two. I have numerous stories to tell. My aunty was kidnapped at Lagos Park with her driver, luckily, Kogi guys are brave(Saved the day by not handing over the car keys to them), she paid 200,000 plus, why? Because they used her kids as the bait, they told her they will shoot her kids and nothing will happen, all these was happening around 6pm, they held them hostage till 9pm. Furthermore, once our operational vehicle broke down close to Lagos Park just under the bridge, we paid a whopping N20,000 to the police officers nearby and slept in the police Van. To add more, I nearly lost my right eye to the touts because I fought them back from the vehicle and they responded by hitting me in the face, I admit I was really tired to continue the fight, ended up paying 2k to them as marching ground after I stepped out of the vehicle to start from where we stopped, funny enough it was Obosi boys, they had pestle, beer bottle, long sticks and short axes, and a noticeable cut to size gun.
Furthermore, I traveled from Umuahia to Onitsha, I was headed to Asaba initially, since there was no direct bus to Asaba from Umuahia, I opted for the Onitsha bus, we set out very late and we got to onitsha after 8pm, so I begged the driver to go down because it was ITCBus and drop us close to those Marcopolo busses so that I can get a bus to Asaba directly, when I got down, I had loads and my bag was very heavy, they rushed me and attempted to take my loads, I carried my bag first and was trying to jack the loads because the driver was very impatient when one of them took one of the cartons, I laughed at first because I knew what would follow, I got to one bus loading Asaba, and put some of the loads and firmly held my bag still, at Ugwu Obosi roundabout, I've put my smartphone, watch and etc inside my bag and prepared already, so I shouted at the guy with my carton to bring it back to the Asaba bus, he motioned me to come get it, I walked majestically to where he was and then he trailed further into the dark, I followed him and a woman was signaling me to stop, I haven't moved five steps into the dark area when more than six boys surrounded me, they were pushing me around, struggling to pickpocket me and some were just standing to make it look like it was a tout to tout in house quarreling, I stood my ground and fought back real hard, I returned every blow and kicks, luckily I landed some heavy blows to the guys struggling to get my bag not without me getting my own dose too and then retreated back to the road and insulted them more, taunting them to come to where there's light and fight, all these while they had my carton in their custody still, I went back to the Asaba bus, handed my bag over to a Northerner, I made sure of this because they have syndicates and returned back to the spot hauling insults at them and told them they will meet their waterloo, I went back to the bus and stood, one of them approached me and told me, I'm very stubborn and I should give him N500 to bring the carton which they put inside an Izuchukwu Busca, I obliged, however when he got to me, I gave him N150, he was infuriated and I told him of immediately, this happened on 30th June. I have bad tales about Onitsha and Aba, but I will stop here. If you are not from Onitsha, know your limits in between tough and a little diplomacy, in as much as they are scared as you are, they have nothing to lose because they are vagabonds. Onitsha is free for all.
To all Nairalanders, please copy this thread link and send to your sisters, brothers and etc, the world needs to know that Onitsha/Aba is a den of hoodlums and everyone approaching the city should be very careful, extremely careful and alert, make sure they read it as well.

Security tips to follow if you are driving mostly Sienna or any sophisticated vehicle

1. If you get to Asaba please "wound up" the car windows, central lock and keep a straight face if you don't know your way or new.
2. If someone points at your tires like an indication of flat tires, please do not ever stop abruptly to check them. You are likely to commit a dozen offense in their dictionary. Drive safely to a big Petrol station or look for a government facility, bank, hospital or church and drive in.
3. Learn how to use Google maps, do not ask any one for directions, if you must, drive into a Petrol station(big and functioning ones) there are small and near obsolete Petrol station who work hand in hand with these hoodlums, pretend to buy petrol because they are watching your every moves, and then ask the attendant for directions.
4. When you get directions, please do not raise your hands to point or try to demonstrate, this qualifies you as a JJC and you are inches close to being obtained.
5. If you want to buy soft drinks and etc, please hold your throat you won't die, just buy from those running up to the vehicle, however, do not "wound down" completely, a little for the bottle to pass through please.

Tips to Follow if you are Trekking

1. If they stop you at Lagos park, and you have luggages, get Keke (Drop), going to Owerri? Tell him to take you to ITC Park, from Owerri things are little calm. Going to Port-Harcourt, get to JCmass or Peace Park. Calabar and Akwa-Ibom, get to Owerri first.
2. Do not board unregistered buses, get to JCmass or Peace Park if you can make it, there's one on the Onitsha-Owerri road, and one by the left, get to the park and feel safe first. Try and get to JCmass first.
3. Do not ask random people for directions, scan the environment and ask traders with big shops, walk into a beer parlor or better still, ask POS attendants, they are everywhere, however, the red flag is, if they are watching you, they will assume you have money, ask, keep a straight face and walk boldly, not too boldly, a mixture of majestic and bold.
4. Do not accept random act of kindness from these angels, they are leading you to their den to be obtained.
5. Do not take unfamiliar shortcuts at night around the axis, you might be fatally wounded if involved in any scuffle with them.
6. Do not gesticulate unnecessarily.
7. Again, if you mistakenly fall into their trap, shout, keep shouting, only advisable during the day.

Please Nigerians should stop the I don't care attitude, I've been warned severally by my family, to stop the helper thing, but how will Nigeria get better, I do not need to narrate my ordeals trying to help people in the same condition

It's like I'll do a thread for Travelers who are unfamiliar with their route, hopefully when I'm free.

Waoo! Am really impressed with what you just wrote. Please do a thread concerning this...who knows...you might be saving hundreds or thousands. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Bernardinho(m): 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
It is always worst on a Sunday, they will collect triple of the normal fare from you. One guy was just telling me i should be careful because, they can even kill you there in that upper iweka and nothing will happen.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Hidaya24: 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
This is my roommate experience in camp. We got to Onitsha in the night around 8pm. First of all, the luxurious bus we boarded from Lagos broke down on the way causing the delay. After we climbed bike each to umunya nysc camp. The bikeman that carried my friend used his hand to open his luggage because it was seated on his tank in front. He dipped his hand inside the bag and removed everything and dropped it on the way. After dropping us off. He left and took it. My friend later realised after we entered the room that his bag is empty. So sad.

I later became the ameer of the Muslims making me go into Onitsha almost everyday from camp. I had to shine my eyes. Those guys are crooks.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by NewDelhi(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2021
collagiatepaper:
This is not about tribalism. I have been to many cities in Nigeria like Benin, Asaba, Agbor, Enugu, Onitsha, Okigwe, Owerri, Aba, Nnewi, Lagos, Ibadan, Oshogbo, Ilorin, Offa, Jebba, Mokwa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kaura-Namoda, Okene, Lokoja, Kano, Makurdi, Calabar, Uyo, Port-Harcourt etc.

But to be sincere and candid, the only place I have seen the worst kind of tout(agbero) is in LAGOS. They operate with the connivance of police, army, etc. People like MC OLUOMO are products of motorpark touting that's so rampant in Lagos and southwest states. They even sow uniforms with ID cards, different groups like that, chasing people everywhere.

LAGOS is also known for traffic robberies which is even worse than motorpark touting.

Sentiment aside but that's the situation in Lagos. We must call a spade, a spade for once

They don't just sow uniforms with ID card lol. They also put a rank insignia on their uniforms. Check their shoulders you go see rank ontop.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by FashionCapital(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2021
Please am traveling from Lagos to Anambra on Sunday for service ....please any one knows any route that does not involve onitsha.More also how much should be my budget for transportation.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Young Female Barrister Killed In The Kogi Fatal Accident. Photos / Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria / Photos Of Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.